Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I've got back on track with strict eating. I have a special diet because of food sensitivities and allergies but when I did the too quick (and two medication) taper, I felt ravishing hungry and began eating all sorts of things I cannot eat like yeast-based products and dairy, even meat.

Today, I tossed out the junk and have eaten oatmeal, some cashews and a banana, will eat egg whites with broccoli later, and otherwise stick to what I know from long experience doesn't cause me trouble.

So my mood is much improved. I showered: YAY. And my husband picked up 27 book holds for me--they all came in at once, so I have a lot to choose from for weeks of reading.

I hope everyone is having an OK to terrific day.

Thanks, SS. I am definitely going to hold as long as it takes. I am thinking maybe after 7 months of hell, it is just worn me down and that is why I feel worse. Loss of hope, after so long. E

Yes there is a grind to this whole thing that is hard.  It makes it hard to keep my head above water sometimes.... I sure get that.  And if i let some defences down - gulp!  I go under....  But I do also bounce back up and I hope that you will too soon.  then the fresh air is delightful.

We're all in this together....

:):smitten:

Thanks so much SS. It's not exactly insomnia. I can sleep but at the wrong time. Fed up of the last eight years. Love, Gilly xxxxx

Ahh the whole circadian rhythm gets knocked around...

I've got back on track with strict eating. I have a special diet because of food sensitivities and allergies but when I did the too quick (and two medication) taper, I felt ravishing hungry and began eating all sorts of things I cannot eat like yeast-based products and dairy, even meat.

Today, I tossed out the junk and have eaten oatmeal, some cashews and a banana, will eat egg whites with broccoli later, and otherwise stick to what I know from long experience doesn't cause me trouble.

So my mood is much improved. I showered: YAY. And my husband picked up 27 book holds for me--they all came in at once, so I have a lot to choose from for weeks of reading.

I hope everyone is having an OK to terrific day.

Nothing I love better than to be surrounded by books, have been that way since I learned to read.  I would be i heaven with 27 books around me, that alone would make me feel a little better, hope it does you!  27! How will you ever pick?  What do you like to read?    Luv you, Val, Mary 📚 ☮️🙏

I've been a bookworm since i was very young so I always have a lot in the house but I own them. These came in from the library all at once, and some of them I got so I could see if they were worth buying.

I sorted them into subject and from there chose my next few, starting with Pharmageddon by David Healy. I recommend this one; I'm going to buy and reference it (gotta put it in my next budget).

Thanks, SS. I am definitely going to hold as long as it takes. I am thinking maybe after 7 months of hell, it is just worn me down and that is why I feel worse. Loss of hope, after so long. E

I think that sometimes too esperanza, I am just exhausted from the whole thing and my body is tired.  I hav to go very slow anyway but the month of Christmas will be even slower to see if I can drum up a little energy.  Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.  Luv ya, Mary 💜☮️🙏

Yes there is a grind to this whole thing that is hard.  It makes it hard to keep my head above water sometimes.... I sure get that.  And if i let some defences down - gulp!  I go under....  But I do also bounce back up and I hope that you will too soon.  then the fresh air is delightful.

We're all in this together....

:):smitten:

That was an excellent way to describe that SS!  Love you much! Mary ☮️🙏🐱🐱🐾🐾

Hi ladies and can't! I'm on the train coming back from NYC. Had a fabulous day!! I went to St Patrick's cathedral, my US friends should know that famous church, and I lit a candle and said a prayer for our crew. I love you all!!

Going to read and catch up on the posts while on train, I have another hour on it before my stop.

Love you all!

Trish♥️♥️🤗

Lol, Mary! Yes Trishy would change docs! The picture helped put me at ease because it was a young good-looking guy who did my examination. I'd rather have had an old woman! But he was lovely. He said there were no irregularities and then said "Look there! That's where your baby came out! Not every woman has seen that". So he knew how to make me relax!

I've come round to doing quite a few household chores today. Plus I washed and dried hair 💇. So that's more than I thought I would have done.

Thank you everyone for the support. You are fantastic.

A special  :Dhello to you, Esperanza, if you're reading. Thinking about you.

Also, hope things are improving, Cant.

Love to All.  Gilly xxxxx ❤❤❤

Yes Trishy would have definitely changed docs! :laugh: :laugh:

Good thing my gyno doesn't have pic of jude law on his ceiling, he'd be seeing a whole lot more of me, I'm sure I'd have a lot of gynecological issues :D:laugh: :laugh:

You are bad  girl Trishy, but your my bad girl, Mary 🐕☮️🙏💜

Lol! Love you Mary!

Hi ladies and can't! I'm on the train coming back from NYC. Had a fabulous day!! I went to St Patrick's cathedral, my US friends should know that famous church, and I lit a candle and said a prayer for our crew. I love you all!!

Going to read and catch up on the posts while on train, I have another hour on it before my stop.

Love you all!

Trish♥️♥️🤗

That all sounds so wonderful Trishy, thanks so much for the prayer in the Cathedral.  We love and miss you , hurry home but carefully, Mary 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💚💙

Trishy, have a great time in NYC tomorrow! Take plenty of money 💰💰💰!

Goodnight everybody. Oh, Mary, well done with your exercises today.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love to All! Gilly xxxxx

Thanks 4G I did I spent over 200$... Actually not bad for the city. We had a late lunch at a restaurant called Carmine's, pretty well known in NYC, it's Italian and it's family style eating. We ordered trays of penne alavodka and chicken parmesan and eggplant. It was to die for delicious. I also bought magnolia cupcakes which were made famous by a show here in the US called sex and the city. We also went to Rockefeller center to see the tree and Bryant park which had a lot of venders selling all kinds of things. It was a great day! We had a drink at the famous plaza hotel, if you've ever seen home alone lost in New York then you've seen the hotel. Just had a really great time.

Love to you 4G :smitten:

Love you all!

Trish♥️♥️🤗

That all sounds so wonderful Trishy, thanks so much for the prayer in the Cathedral.  We love and miss you , hurry home but carefully, Mary 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💚💙

Hey sweet D! I had tears in my eyes lighting that candle mostly bci feel so grateful to have you all in my life but also for the suffering we and our buddies go through :((

Don't worry D, I'll be careful.

I hope you enjoyed your day and I hope your muscles didn't give you much trouble today..I had such a great day, felt so good to be out and about.

Big hugs to you,

Steak with your potatoes?? Lol!!

Love you,

Trish

Morning Trish seriously Jude Law oh dear God.l know you lot are desperate but you must be a bit more picky.Now l hope you are ok my love and you have a stress free weekend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Stut,

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your lovely daughter. You deserve a good rest and a good time with your girl. Enjoy every minute my twin!

Love and hugs,

Trish :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you, Gilly and all who are thinking of me. I am sinking with each day. I don’t know why it is getting worse. I am scared.Esperanza

Oh Esperanza I am so concerned about you. I don't like that you're scared and I for one feel helpless as to how to advise you, I'm catching up on posts but I'm hoping as I read and someone here was able to help.

Stay strong E and if you're really feeling bad get help and I mean professional help. If you think you need to go to the hospital or call a crisis hotline pleasssse just do it I beg you! I hate that you are in such a bad way :(((

Thinking of you my friend..

Love and big hugs,

Trish ♥️♥️🙏

Signing off, maybe I'll hop back on when I get home if it's not too late.. wishing you all a peaceful night.

Love you all,

Signing off, maybe I'll hop back on when I get home if it's not too late.. wishing you all a peaceful night.

Love you all,

Thank you for the prayers and I'm so glad you had a great time! 

A wonderful trip through NYC through your eyes...

:smitten:

Yes, Trishy, I agree with SS. It was like I had received a personal postcard from New York! Thank you SO much! I am really touched that there is a candle in St Patrick's Cathedral which is burning for all of us. You are such a Sweetheart.

Eggplant on your Chicken Parmesan!  :D  :D  :D.  Gilly ❤x ❤x ❤x

Hello my long hold friends. Still hanging in strong while adapting to this Valium. Hoping I will reach a steady state in the next 1-3 weeks and then can devise a taper plan.

I've been having what I'd call "mild" paradoxical reactions to some of my doses, where I get revved up a bit after taking them and then sink into a feeling of apathy for a few hours. Seems to happen more often with my evening dose. I've been told this is common if you have a drug history like mine. Anyone with Valium experience have luck with moving their doses around? I'm doing 10mg 2x per day - not really feeling any interdose withdrawals (from what I can tell at least) but I was wondering if 1x per day might be a good idea. Perhaps I'll just wait it out and ask my psychiatrist next time we talk.

The good news is I am looking to switch into a much less stressful position at my job. My boss approves, just need to get approval from the other department. Would come with a slight pay cut but I don't really care at this point. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val and everyone here hoping everyone has a better Sunday.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Milli glad to hear you are doing a less stressful job that is a bonus.l have not experienced a paradoxical reaction and if l have l haven't recognised as such.l would try taking it all at night or breaking your dose down to 4 times a day.l had read people having times when they have paradoxical reactions then it settles down.l think SS was experiencing for a while.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Trish so glad you enjoyed your day away.l have never been to America but a lot of friends have gone to New York for Xmas shopping.

Glad to put a candle for us l think we need all the help we can get.Enjoy your day my lovely twin and rest.

Love and hugs Stut X

[af...]