Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I had a fast Ashton Method Withdrawal till I hit 10 mg.  Then My BP SKYROCKETED for three solid weeks.  Doctors could not get it down.  Finally gave me the third BP MED Spironolactone which didn't even kick in till day 5 which was last night and barely working, but better than before.  And Clonidine which brought it down to 145/100.  I had a heart cath, arteries are clear.  It's what the Valium did to my CNS.  That's all it is.  Tapering was hard, but I could deal with all the problems but when you have BP Skyrocketing, your life is in danger, stroke, seizures, damages to organs, etc.  So I've been on this for a month and fear moving forward until I stabilize.  My husband is going with me to the next GP Appt on Dec. 5th to support me with the doctor to keep me on hold till I stabilize.  He was rushing me and again, I did very well till I hit 10 mg., then all hell broke loose.

NYC at Christmas is the best! Thank you, Trishy, for your prayer in that very beautiful church. Love, Esperanza

That is very special Trishy, thank you again, Mary 🐶🐾☮️💜🙏🙏🙏

G'morning all,

Just wanting to report in that i have been able to continue tapering -- it's been around 18-19 days now.  I haven't checked.  I've had to lessen the amount a couple of days but not to the point of a hold.  I'm almost down another .01 mg of Xanax!  For you Valium folks that much sound almost silly but it's such a strong med and I'm feeling stoked and well.  I may ease up on the tapering as the social time of the season is starting to roll around....  But I was out for dinner and a concert until 10:00 last night!  small victories are worth celebrating....

Mary 14 exercises!!  you go!  somehow with some stretches and movements the body almost sighs with relief. That small muscle that wanted attention, that tendon that needed a wee stretch.

I know I'm so behind the world in what i watch but: Outlander!  Oh my it even filled my dreams!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

SS

Mercy woman, where were you when Trishy and I were discussing "our favorite series and men in them, fabulous discussion  :laugh: :laugh:.  Stut fussed at us, can you imagine, lol.  I am so glad you are tapering well, such a relief.  Mary

Hi folks. Just popping in. I've been resting today. It's just what my brain and body are telling me to do. I've just got to go with it.

Thanks for your understanding, Stut. It is just like you say. An excellent dancing programme last night!

Love to All.  Gilly xxxxx

Love to you Gilly Blossom, hang in my friend, love you much 💗💔💓❣️💞💙💚💜💜❤️💕💘

I had a fast Ashton Method Withdrawal till I hit 10 mg.  Then My BP SKYROCKETED for three solid weeks.  Doctors could not get it down.  Finally gave me the third BP MED Spironolactone which didn't even kick in till day 5 which was last night and barely working, but better than before.  And Clonidine which brought it down to 145/100.  I had a heart cath, arteries are clear.  It's what the Valium did to my CNS.  That's all it is.  Tapering was hard, but I could deal with all the problems but when you have BP Skyrocketing, your life is in danger, stroke, seizures, damages to organs, etc.  So I've been on this for a month and fear moving forward until I stabilize.  My husband is going with me to the next GP Appt on Dec. 5th to support me with the doctor to keep me on hold till I stabilize.  He was rushing me and again, I did very well till I hit 10 mg., then all hell broke loose.

Oh, how scary, so glad your husband is supporting you.  Please keep us informed. Love you, Mary ☮️💜🙏

Yes, hope your doctor's appointment goes okay. Perhaps your doctor won't pressurise  you to go any faster if he knows how it affects your blood pressure. Hope it calms down.

That was for Hope. I started it and then Rebecca, my daughter, rang up.

Thanks, Mary Sweetheart. You are such a supportive buddy. Many of my dark hearts to you.

Love, Gilly ❤x ❤x ❤x

Bravo for Mary and SS for your success in tapering at such a busy time of year. Hang in and rest, Gilly. Hope, I know you are very concerned about your bp. How very scary! At least that is one thing that doctors take seriously. Most side effects get dismissed. Will be hoping to hear that gets resolved soon. Esperanza

1st Sunday in December, Stut said it's okay to decorate, I thought it was an Irish thing, turned out , it was just a Stut thing.  So I got a lot of decorating done, still have plenty to go,  I have actually been singing Christmas carols,which I never do.  Last Christmas I was barely interested in putting up a tree, much less sing. 

SS talks about a sweet spot in tapering, I don't know if my 5% is mine or not, but even with the back pain and blurry eyes, my mood is good, so to me, that is sweet.  You guys got me there, each in your own way, your experiences, your mistakes, the things you did right, your research, all the many things we do and post about had me singing a carol today.  I have tears in my eyes typing so I will just thank you once more and tell you I love you all and that includes the Village.  Mary, ☮️💜🙏🐕🐾🐾🎶🎶

Mary, I know I've not been in the group for long but you always support me and you're a Star 🌟🌟🌟.

So I hope your Christmas is fabulous and your New Year even better. Enjoy your decorating! We don't do ours till the week before Christmas. This seems a bit early but never mind! Love ya.  Gilly xxxxx

Esperanza, Thanks for thinking of me. It means a lot, especially when you don't feel so good yourself. Thinking of you. Love, Gilly xxxxx

Mary, I know I've not been in the group for long but you always support me and you're a Star 🌟🌟🌟.

So I hope your Christmas is fabulous and your New Year even better. Enjoy your decorating! We don't do ours till the week before Christmas. This seems a bit early but never mind! Love ya.  Gilly xxxxx

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope and all here hoping everyone has a better week.

Love and hugs Stut X

Late on this morning in an awful rush am going into my daughter's work today to do her books.l am thinking of you all and know no matter what we will get through this together.

Love and hugs Stut X

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Free Intend NJ SS TMB Green Deep Nova Barbara Olive Ginger Cally Battle Esperanza Anu Gilly Milli Val Hope and all here hoping everyone has a better week.

Love and hugs Stut X

Early Dr appointment, will touch base later.  Love you all!!  Mary ☮️💜🙏🐱🐾🐶🎄

I don't know what to do. I've had this for eight years now and at the moment all I can do is rest in bed. I got up to get some cereal though I didn't really want anything. Cannot function and I'm scared. Gilly xxx

I don't know what to do. I've had this for eight years now and at the moment all I can do is rest in bed. I got up to get some cereal though I didn't really want anything. Cannot function and I'm scared. Gilly xxx

Oh Gilly my English buddy, I would give anything to know how to help you...have you ever talked to Bob7, he is so nice and is so knowledgeable about so many things.  I read his posts just to gain some insight.  I love you , please don't be scared, Mary 🐱🐾🐾🐾☮️💜🙏💙💓💛💝

Thanks Mary. I am up at the moment but everything is too much. We have a groceries delivery later and the thought of it is too much. I will post on the w/d board and see what they say. Love ya.

Gilly xxxxx

Oh My dear 4G.

Resting is good, eating a wee bit is good, posting to your friends is good. If there was anything i could do to help you other than to say you are loved and appreciated -- and somehow we'll all get through this.

Please don't let the fear overtake your thinking as it can -- or does me at times.  Fear is a difficult opponent!  But fight it we must, and can if we all stick together through this....

:smitten: :smitten:

Does this group support long hold on quetiapine please.

Hi Beano!  Welcome,

I think you'll find that this group supports what is working for you -- and that for some of us long holds while tapering benzos have been helpful.

Does a long hold of Quetiapine help you?  I know many people find it helpful for sleep and for managing anxiety.  Does it do so for you?

I didn't really look at your sig before I replied.  My bad...

And Welcome

:)

SS

[85...]