12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Fire and J Ben and all others,

I'm sorry to read about the suffering you continue to endure. It's criminal. It really is.  I will write more another day but ever since my monster wave, I've been doing quite well. I have been able to do a lot of things. I have a long way to go before a success story but I am starting to believe in the healing. I've been exposed to some viral things this past week with my husband's family but so far I don't appear to be sick. I may get more testing done today just in case.  But in short, I've had a big family gathering here in town, endured a 30 hour power outage in 9 degree temps and then actually flew on an airplane to spend time with inlaws, went out to eat twice and to a fairly raucous live music venue, flew back home and survived! After 14 years of feeling like garbage, this is HUGE. I'm not feeling smug or done by any stretch but definitely climbing my way up and out....(I think).

Fire and J Ben, I'm so glad you both posted. I have missed you friends!  I'm with you on this journey and want nothing more than deep and lasting healing for you and all the others here. 

More on another day...

Helen

Feelingfire,

I am right there with you in the suffering department I know exactly how you feel. I just get mini windows now and then, so much suffering.  It really does leave you speechless. And it's difficult to post when you're not doing better. Wishing that we could have some good news to post hopefully soon for both of us. Still just trying to hang on.

JBen,

I would love to just sleep until this is all over. It's so difficult to get through the day. Hopefully we'll see better days in this New Year coming.  I'm sorry that you're feeling down I understand completely. This whole process is just so difficult. The worst thing ever. Yes I did fall, things are finally starting to settle down with the pain. It's the last thing I needed.  Congratulations on coming up on the 2 year mark. Trying to hang on.

Helen,

Good for you getting on a plane and doing so much. Sounds like you are on your way. I would sure love to be following in your footsteps even though I'm ahead of you in months of healing. Sure want this to end soon. Don't want to face today.

LadyDen,

How are you doing?

Big hugs to all,

LiveLife

Helen, wow it’s finally happening for you… I new you were climbing out and I couldn’t be happier for you!!!!!! Your success story is going to be long I think😳

To the rest of you soldiers…. We just keep going… yes I’m speechless Live Life… I keep thinking if I don’t have anything nice to say don’t say nothing at all….. and yes wouldn’t it be nice to sleep it away… nope….. we get to stay awake for the show🤯….

Wishing everyone on this site a better 2023!!!

❤️FeelingFire

Happy New Year to you all ❤️💥💫🎇🎆🎆

I read all your posts and firstly let me say I’m sorry for your struggles. This new year will bring us all big healing! So hang on tight and let your brain do what it knows to do. As we all know, we will feel it. But that’s the way to the other side. I’m sending you all healing wishes, longer clearer windows are coming! I’ve been doing pretty decent….

Having waves but they’re mild and I can still function through them but gently. I’m able to be up out of bed longer, walking further and enjoying bathing whenever I want instead of wait for a window. Wow it’s awesome! I have a love/ hate for this post because I feel bad that my dear friends here are still in much distress as I’m doing better. It’s been a really long time for me as well as some of you too. I’m feeling weird when I do things I haven’t done in a long time. Weird in a good way. It’s strange and hard to describe. But wow I’m overjoyed! January is my try the car rides time. This time I’m counting on success! I’m excited, scared a little but happy to try again. Ohh and did I mention that I’m in love? I have a wonderful man by my side helping me now. What a blessing he has been!

I want to tell you all that if I had not gotten better I wouldn’t have believed I’d get certain things back. Because I thought I’d only get some and I would be happy with that. But I’m telling you, ALL of my symptoms was from the injury of these pills. And although slow to heal, I’m telling you it’s worth the long wait! Please please please don’t give up! It truly is temporary, you guys! I agree with JBen that it’s way too long. But if that’s what it takes then….

Wouldn’t I rather it be 2,3,4 years of healing rather than the rest of my life debilitated? Yep I’ll take the 2-3 years.  :thumbsup:

You all hang in there…all is not lost. You’ll see. The waves and bad symptoms feel so strong that you think the worst. Rightly so because it damn sure feel like it! But guess what? I’ve found out with time showing me…the truth is, the healing is much stronger than the pain. So keep taking care of yourselves. Keep being positive. Time is your best friend.

Live, yes the fears happened to me too. About 10 months to a year I was scared to be alone and scared of simple things. It’s all part of this. It will fade away. I challenged mine and it helped speed it up to get rid of it. If I was scared to go on the front porch. I set a 5 minute timer and went out there standing by the door. After my time was up I’d ask myself did anything bad happen. N o p e! Then I extended the time and stood farther away from the front door. That’s just an example of how I faced it head on! Hope that helps.

Love you all. I’m thinking of you although I’m not on everyday. I’m still with you! We got this!!!!

LadyDen,

Wow! It sounds like you're doing so well. That's wonderful. Sure wish I could turn a corner still waiting. So happy to hear you have a new man in your life. That's quite an accomplishment considering you haven't really left your house. Lol. I sure hope I can be posting something positive someday soon. This is going on long enough I'm 31 months and one week out. Just waiting for longer windows. The last 1 I had was a week ago the day that I fell. I'm wondering if that could have aggravated my nervous system because I've had a horrible week. Sending you big hugs and sounds like you're healing nicely.

LiveLife

Happy New Year to by dear buddies!  I have not been on here much, but wanted to reach out and give you an update.    I am 33 1/2 months and I believe my complete healing is right around the corner.  I can feel the tide beginning to turn in more of a dramatic way and for that I am so grateful.  I am sleeping better, eating better, my anxiety is way down, not sweating all the time, not feeling panicky.    I could go on and on.  Yes, some of this is probably due to the fact that I upped my Zoloft, but I do believe I am truly healing from the benzo disaster.    2022 was a horrible year for me, so I am hoping things improve on many fronts!!!! 

Could not have done this journey without Benzo Buddies. 

I will check in again at some point!

Much love,

Lisa

LadyDen,

Wow! It sounds like you're doing so well. That's wonderful. Sure wish I could turn a corner still waiting. So happy to hear you have a new man in your life. That's quite an accomplishment considering you haven't really left your house. Lol. I sure hope I can be posting something positive someday soon. This is going on long enough I'm 31 months and one week out. Just waiting for longer windows. The last 1 I had was a week ago the day that I fell. I'm wondering if that could have aggravated my nervous system because I've had a horrible week. Sending you big hugs and sounds like you're healing nicely.

LiveLife

Live I’m so sorry that you fell. My guess is that it probably did affect you…revving up things. But soon it will settle back down. I really feel you’ll turn your corner really big and really soon. Thank you for your beautiful post. I’m leading the way for you. It’s your time now to join me and Helen and others who are doing better. I have a big banner waving for you and it says…

“ Welcome, Live, to the shore! “ Keep your head up and know I’m thinking of you.

❤️🌹

Happy New Year to by dear buddies!  I have not been on here much, but wanted to reach out and give you an update.    I am 33 1/2 months and I believe my complete healing is right around the corner.  I can feel the tide beginning to turn in more of a dramatic way and for that I am so grateful.  I am sleeping better, eating better, my anxiety is way down, not sweating all the time, not feeling panicky.    I could go on and on.  Yes, some of this is probably due to the fact that I upped my Zoloft, but I do believe I am truly healing from the benzo disaster.    2022 was a horrible year for me, so I am hoping things improve on many fronts!!!! 

Could not have done this journey without Benzo Buddies. 

I will check in again at some point!

Much love,

Lisa

Hurray for you, Lisa! Funny I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering how you are. I log on here and there you are! 😂 I wish you a completely healed happy new year as well. It’s so awesome for you to stop by to share with us. Many of us need that report. We’re grateful for all you’ve done here on BB and this thread as well. I personally wish you continued healing. Love. Joy. A beautiful new life.

Happy new year dear friend! ❤️🌹

Helen your post was awesome to read! Woooohoooo! I’m so proud of you. You’ve been a busy little bee all over the place and pushing through. What a warrior! Isn’t it lovely to actually see and feel the healing?! Thank you for being such a jewel to us. I’m motivated by your endurance. Your strength. Your positive attitude. I find myself saying “ look at my twin Helen! Let’s see what I can do too.”

This new year will be our year! I feel it!

Look out car…here I come!

❤️🌹

Lady Den!  I love hearing the good things that are happening for you and wow...love is so healing.  I'm thinking that man is also fortunate to have you. You'll help each other!  :smitten: Thank you for your kind words to me. 

Live Life, I really hate that you fell but I think LD is right that your system will settle back down after that.  Remember to put your hand on your heart and tell it everything is ok and that you are going to breathe and take care of it. I know you have your husband's situation weighing on you while you try to heal so I hope he gets good treatment and results and you can both move on and heal.  I'm thinking of you and wanting all good things to come your way in this new year. 

Fire, I hope today is a better one for you. You know we all love you here.

Big hugs also to Pashu, Becks, Decatur (thanks for popping by), J Ben and Jordan Jack. 

I'm doing reasonably ok after my travel adventure and a Covid scare from inlaws.  I have no viruses but I am feeling wavy (tingling and aching all over and super loud ears). I'll take that as my cue to have at least a full week of staying home and being low key.  I have a good book to listen to on audio and will take down Christmas decorations while listening this week. 

Happy 2023 to all of you and for those are hurting badly...I understand, I see you, I've been there and I'm hoping and praying you'll get your relief very soon. 

Lisa,

Thank you for the lovely post. It's so good to hear encouraging things and that you're doing better. It's nice to know you think your healing is very close.

LadyDen,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes I'm thinking the fall did flare me up so I'm hoping I'm gonna settle down and turn a big corner very soon as you say. That just sounds wonderful! It's hard to get through A-day and hang on and be positive.

Helen,

Glad to hear you got through your trip and everything went well and no virus problems. Sounds like a good idea for you to lay low and take it easy and give your body a break. But it's good you were able to do so much. Thank you so much for your positive encouraging words I really appreciate it!

Big hugs to all!

LiveLife

Genuinely feel like I'm losing my mind right now. This storm is so tough to weather.

Hi Pashu,

It truly is a tumultuous storm. It’s crazy how new symptoms keep popping up too!

I’ve had the burning nerve pain on my cranial nerves and body for 12 months, and now out of nowhere I’m starting to have horrible muscle aches and pains like they are being twisted and electrical waves going through to the bone. The chemical anxiety just ramps it all up..

I hope you feel better soon! 🙏💙

Yeah, the chemical anxiety I sometimes get just makes me feel so miserable. Not having felt normal for a single second in what's about to be two years is just so extremely tough, as I'm sure just about everyone in this thread knows. The constant pain is debilitating and there's nothing you can do. Thank you, hope your pains ease up soon.

Healing vibes and love being sent your way….all of you!

Keep distracted and self care going. Your better days are coming. Hang in there!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Live  :hug:

Pashu  :hug:

Helen  :hug:

Lisa  :hug:

JBen  :hug:

Fire  :hug:

JB  :hug:

GG  :hug:

Everyone  :hug:

As Helen said …..anyone struggling put your hand over your heart and give yourself some positive self reassurance and love. You’ve been through a lot…give yourself a little extra love.

Still have all my gut problems but at least I was not the mess this christmas that I was last year. I would have been relieved to be where I am. fingers crossed that I can fix this gut problem without setting something bad off. Currently I am not happy, but I am not in pain. (mostly)

Hang on Pashu. It's a ride but you will get to the end of it

Lady Den, congrats on your improvements! I hope I can cultivate your positivity and outlook this year.

Helen, a plane. Holy cow! I can't even imagine! Thats crazy! Hoping I can do that one day. Congrats!

jBen, I know you are in a tough spot, I don't say much but I keep an eye out for your posts. You are amazing and I know that's probably not something you care about right now while being in pain, but getting through a wave is strength even if you just lay there. One day it really will be better. ❤️

FeelingFire, Livelife, decatur, Garden, To anyone I missed I hope you all have better days ahead. May this year bring us the healing we need to find happiness.

J Ben, I'm so sorry.  I'm thinking of you as usual.  I'm having a giant, monster headache since yesterday morning so you are not alone.  We will come out of this.  Peace to you.

Stitch, so nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are better than last year. I am too but we are still on our path apparently.  My plane ride was very short and things went smoothly. I also had my hubby and 29 year old son to hold hands with.  If it was today, I don't know how I would have made it so thankful it's NOT today.  I hope your gut stuff heals SOON. 

Love too all...Jordan Jack, LiveLife, Fire, Garden Guru, Becks, Decatur, Jb, and all others. 

Wishing improvement in 2023 for everyone. Believing that time heals though it's extremely tough. I was wondering if anyone here could relate to benzo belly, distension, food sensitivity and being extremely underweight? Dizziness and DPDR are making things tough as well. Thank you so much.

Helen, hope your headache goes away for good.

Thank you so much Becks.  I appreciate that.  Always hoping for better days for you as well.  :smitten:

Wishing improvement in 2023 for everyone. Believing that time heals though it's extremely tough. I was wondering if anyone here could relate to benzo belly, distension, food sensitivity and being extremely underweight? Dizziness and DPDR are making things tough as well. Thank you so much.

Hi Millett,

I had all of that while on the meds and for a while after. I'm 20 months off the meds and am no longer underweight but still experience the other symptoms you listed on and off.  I wish you improvement as well. Yes, it becomes hard to believe it will happen but We must be making baby steps in the right direction. 

Peace,

Helen