12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Happy Holidays all.  Happy 30 months LadyDen.  Sending you love and hugs as well LiveLife.  Welcome Baraqah.  I think it has been a few weeks since I stopped by.  I hope you all are healing well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Wishes for all my dear benzo buddy friends.  May 2023 see all of us in our forever windows!  And, LadyDen, congratulations on your 30th month anniversary.  I am at 33 months and seeing really great improvement and have been feeling quite well since the day after Thanksgiving!  You are getting close to your final healing….I am proof that we all heal in our own time and way.

Hugs,

GG

Merry Christmas everyone,

I pray that you feel the peace of this season and that our healing will continue.

I’ve had a difficult month with continued burning pain in my body and brain, along with the chemical anxiety, fear, shaking and the daily battlefield of the mind. I try to put on my armour everyday.

I was so hoping to feel better by Christmas. It’s hard being alone and without family, especially on Christmas and during this time. I’m so grateful for the family here. I’m just holding on to my Lord for strength and endurance. I’m in month 13 and pray for the light of healing to infuse my body.

I was in a lot of pain yesterday but made myself go to my church Christmas Eve service.  Feeling very depressed due to the fight and exhaustion of this pain and feeling so alone getting to me.

This time last year I could hardly leave my place, so I made myself go hoping for a Christmas miracle.

It seems like my symptoms are worse and now have new symptoms of painful muscle and bone pain, on top of the increased burning acid pain in my veins and cranium, which I don’t understand.

I’m happy for those of you that are experiencing good days and praying for those of us in the storm.

Congratulations LadyDen on your 30 months anniversary! Amazing! You will continue to soar!

May you all have a beautiful day with minimal symptoms and abundant joy and peace.

Bless each of you with renewed strength and healing.

🙏💕🎄

Hi I hope things have gotten better for everyone. I’m right at 12 months and would like to connect with anyone to share their current healing status. The revved up board sensation has come back with vengeance. My son was in life support last month and symptoms of fatigue kicked in and anxiety but not this. I also have the slight shakil of the brain in skull feeling lasting for a second. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m pretty revved up over here.

Welcome Bar! Glad to have you join us. Congrats on your 1 year milestone. Under the circumstances you are doing well although it doesn’t feel like it. Everything you’re going through ( waves, symptoms, ups and downs, the confusion of this process, the stress of it, etc) is all normal and must happen to get through to the other side of this. It sucks….I repeat….it SUCKS! But believe in the process. Believe in your healing. Some don’t believe feeling it is healing it, but I do! Anything injured will be felt….right? So, you keep your head up and don’t let go of your belief in that you ARE healing each day. It’s not an easy journey. But you’ve come this far. Keep going.

I’m sorry about your son. I’m sure the stress of that added to your already sensitive CNS. I hope that he’s ok now. The times we are living in now is also very unnerving even if there’s no illness. But we that are recovering are having to navigate through these times with an injured sensitive CNS. It’s a tedious task for some people to handle.

My advice to ALL of us including myself is to look to God daily…all day! He’s the answer to everything! That’s not my opinion…that is MY fact.

Meditation, prayer, breathing sessions, staying distracted, taking walks, light exercise or yoga, good clean diet and stay away from stress as much as possible will all be helpful as you’re waiting your time in healing.

Pamper yourself if only for 5 minutes each day. Be as positive as you can everyday. What the mind thinks, the body follows. So think positive! It’s difficult in this recovery to do that for some…but even if it’s fake, I’d say do it anyway. Certainly doesn’t hurt to tell yourself “ I can do this! It will be alright! I’m healing so this doesn’t feel good but it’s temporary!”

I wish you happy healing in your journey.

I’m 30 months and MUCH better than I was this time last year. I’m still healing but it is only a matter of a little more time that it will be completed for me. I’m excited for my new life that I’m already enjoying. Last year this time, although I believed I’d get to this point, I didn’t have much evidence that I would be anytime soon. But, here I am. Happy everyday doing normal things I haven’t done in years. They’re getting easier as the days roll by. That’s how this thing goes….hang in there.

Hi everyone,

I hope the holidays are treating you as well as possible. I know it's a VERY hard time to be suffering through withdrawal and recovery. 

Jordan Jack, my heart goes out to you in such a big way.  You clearly have such a good heart and you're trying to do all the best things to get well and you still feel really bad.  I hear you saying you feel lonely and for that I send you a big BB hug.  I sure wish I could do more.  You ARE going to get better. I really believe that. It feels never ending right now, I'm sure.  Please know you are cared about here.

Baraqah, Welcome to the group.  I do know that those feelings of which you speak and they are so hard.  I'm sure your son's situation was a major hit on your nervous system.  I hope he will be ok and send out some mother love to you.  The symptoms you describe are pretty typical.  I'm getting close to being 19 months off and still gets those feelings from time to time but I also bounce back from it if that gives you hope.  Someday I believe they'll be gone forever.

Garden Guru, Sending you big love and a HUGE smiles for your recent improvements over the past month. You have so earned this! 

Jb and Live Life,  I'm thinking of you and hoping things are easing up for you. I know you've suffered greatly.

Lady Den! Thank you for writing the words you wrote to Baraqah. They are inspiring and personal and I'll read them several times and digest them. Knowing you are improving is a beautiful thing. 

As for me, I had a heinous wave last week and then a miracle recovery for the weekend.  I felt GOOD over the weekend. I hope that gives hope to some of you.  We had a 30 hour power outage with outside temps as low as 9 degrees and I "weathered" it and also a 14 person family gathering at my brother's  and then another visit with friends.  I don't feel as great today but I'm actually getting on an airplane for the first time in a few years and flying with my husband and one of my sons to meet up with all of my in laws.  OK...wow.  I'm already trying to accept that this may be really hard on me but I also am a point where I think a challenge is in order. If it slams me back, I'll have to deal with it. It's very important to my parents in law as they are quite old and haven't had family together for a long time. I'm prepared to not participate in all the outings and just hang out in the house they are renting if need be. All this to say, I'll check in at some point after we return at the end of the week.  In the meantime, I wish all of you healing and comfort and hope in this tough times. 

Peace,

Helen

Happy Holidays all.  Happy 30 months LadyDen.  Sending you love and hugs as well LiveLife.  Welcome Baraqah.  I think it has been a few weeks since I stopped by.  I hope you all are healing well.

Thank you JB hope your Xmas was awesome!

Sending you healing wishes and the best in the new year.

:smitten: :smitten:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Wishes for all my dear benzo buddy friends.  May 2023 see all of us in our forever windows!  And, LadyDen, congratulations on your 30th month anniversary.  I am at 33 months and seeing really great improvement and have been feeling quite well since the day after Thanksgiving!  You are getting close to your final healing….I am proof that we all heal in our own time and way.

Hugs,

GG

Yes indeed GG. I’m so happy for you and all of us. We are healing. Time will tell the truth of that.

May your healing completes in the new year. Thank you for being such a star that shines on this thread. For all of us to see how this process works….towards healing. We are all trailing you!

Yay!

Love you bunches GG!

:smitten:

I pray that you feel the peace of this season and that our healing will continue.

I’ve had a difficult month with continued burning pain in my body and brain, along with the chemical anxiety, fear, shaking and the daily battlefield of the mind. I try to put on my armour everyday.

I was so hoping to feel better by Christmas. It’s hard being alone and without family, especially on Christmas and during this time. I’m so grateful for the family here. I’m just holding on to my Lord for strength and endurance. I’m in month 13 and pray for the light of healing to infuse my body.

I was in a lot of pain yesterday but made myself go to my church Christmas Eve service.  Feeling very depressed due to the fight and exhaustion of this pain and feeling so alone getting to me.

This time last year I could hardly leave my place, so I made myself go hoping for a Christmas miracle.

It seems like my symptoms are worse and now have new symptoms of painful muscle and bone pain, on top of the increased burning acid pain in my veins and cranium, which I don’t understand.

I’m happy for those of you that are experiencing good days and praying for those of us in the storm.

Congratulations LadyDen on your 30 months anniversary! Amazing! You will continue to soar!

May you all have a beautiful day with minimal symptoms and abundant joy and peace.

🙏💕🎄

Jordan you did well to get out even not feeling good. I’m proud of you. I know things seem so bad for you. There is a such thing around here as feeling worse before big healing. You keep hanging in there. That dark cloud will lift for you soon. May the new year bring you big leaps and bounds in your healing. I want so bad for you to start feeling better too. And you will. I’m looking forward to reading your posts about feeling better.

Thank you for the congrats. Sending you a big hug with love.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Take one day at a time…keep your eye on your goal.

Hi everyone,

I hope the holidays are treating you as well as possible. I know it's a VERY hard time to be suffering through withdrawal and recovery. 

Jordan Jack, my heart goes out to you in such a big way.  You clearly have such a good heart and you're trying to do all the best things to get well and you still feel really bad.  I hear you saying you feel lonely and for that I send you a big BB hug.  I sure wish I could do more.  You ARE going to get better. I really believe that. It feels never ending right now, I'm sure.  Please know you are cared about here.

Baraqah, Welcome to the group.  I do know that those feelings of which you speak and they are so hard.  I'm sure your son's situation was a major hit on your nervous system.  I hope he will be ok and send out some mother love to you.  The symptoms you describe are pretty typical.  I'm getting close to being 19 months off and still gets those feelings from time to time but I also bounce back from it if that gives you hope.  Someday I believe they'll be gone forever.

Garden Guru, Sending you big love and a HUGE smiles for your recent improvements over the past month. You have so earned this! 

Jb and Live Life,  I'm thinking of you and hoping things are easing up for you. I know you've suffered greatly.

Lady Den! Thank you for writing the words you wrote to Baraqah. They are inspiring and personal and I'll read them several times and digest them. Knowing you are improving is a beautiful thing. 

As for me, I had a heinous wave last week and then a miracle recovery for the weekend.  I felt GOOD over the weekend. I hope that gives hope to some of you.  We had a 30 hour power outage with outside temps as low as 9 degrees and I "weathered" it and also a 14 person family gathering at my brother's  and then another visit with friends.  I don't feel as great today but I'm actually getting on an airplane for the first time in a few years and flying with my husband and one of my sons to meet up with all of my in laws.  OK...wow.  I'm already trying to accept that this may be really hard on me but I also am a point where I think a challenge is in order. If it slams me back, I'll have to deal with it. It's very important to my parents in law as they are quite old and haven't had family together for a long time. I'm prepared to not participate in all the outings and just hang out in the house they are renting if need be. All this to say, I'll check in at some point after we return at the end of the week.  In the meantime, I wish all of you healing and comfort and hope in this tough times. 

Peace,

Helen

Wowwwww you’re on an airplane! What an inspiration to us all. I haven’t been on a plane since 2019! What a warrior you are! Well done Twin! Thank you for the holiday and New Year wishes. I wish you the same. Big strides in healing. Enjoying life and taking on challenges!

Girl you make me want to try riding in the car today……. ::)

Here’s to our best year yet! Healing here we come!!!

Love you bunches

Hi everyone,

Peace,

Helen

Wowwwww you’re on an airplane! What an inspiration to us all. I haven’t been on a plane since 2019! What a warrior you are! Well done Twin! Thank you for the holiday and New Year wishes. I wish you the same. Big strides in healing. Enjoying life and taking on challenges!

Girl you make me want to try riding in the car today……. ::)

Here’s to our best year yet! Healing here we come!!!

Love you bunches

Thank you LD! I'm not on the plane yet but will be later this afternoon.  If you take that car ride, let us know how it goes! I'm not happy with my waviness this morning but I gotta do what I gotta do! 

Cheers!

Hello everyone,

I hear your struggles and I'm sorry for us all. Trying to hang on and turn corners here. The fear that I was experiencing seems to have lightened up at times now, but now I have excited nervous system, internal tension and mental anguish which is just as bad.  I also have a feeling of being unsafe. Don't know if that's fear or what. Has anyone experienced that? Hopefully it still means progress and moving in the right direction.  It's so hard to get through a day still hoping for all of us to see better times coming.  Looking for a better year for us all. Sending big hugs and warm love to all!

LiveLife

Hi everyone,

Peace,

Helen

Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for your kind words and warm encouragement.

It truly has been so difficult with the burning pain. My job ended two weeks ago, and it’s strange that my symptoms seem much worse now. I was hoping that the stress of my job would help things, but strangely, I’m ramped up even more. I also now have a bad cold so that’s making my body ache.

I am praying that the Lord help me turn a corner soon. 13 months of this painful burning has really broken me down. If I could but have one day of relief I wouid be so grateful and more hopeful.

I’m so glad that you’ve had some good weeks and hope your trip went well. You are very courageous and strong and such a light for us all.

Thank you again for your kindness and hugs!

Sending you warm hugs! 💕🙏🤗

🙏💕🎄

Jordan you did well to get out even not feeling good. I’m proud of you. I know things seem so bad for you. There is a such thing around here as feeling worse before big healing. You keep hanging in there. That dark cloud will lift for you soon. May the new year bring you big leaps and bounds in your healing. I want so bad for you to start feeling better too. And you will. I’m looking forward to reading your posts about feeling better.

Thank you for the congrats. Sending you a big hug with love.

Take one day at a time…keep your eye on your goal.

LadyDen,

Thank you so much as always for your kind help and encouragement. You are always so very thoughtful and generous with your warm words. I truly pray for those good days to come soon.

It’s been so very difficult lately. I’m battling a cold now which sorta has me in a dungeon of sorts but I’m hoping it’s going to move on out. I do hope the worsening symptoms mean that my rainbow is on the horizon soon. I’m just so worn out from being in pain and the burning cranial nerves and body.  It’s just so bizarre that it’s going on month 13 with this; only God’s grace has gotten me through.

I’m so happy that you’re having some good days LadyDen; my goodness you deserve those so much.

I pray your total restoration is soon to come.

Sending you big hugs and love. 💕🤗🙏

Hello everyone,

I hear your struggles and I'm sorry for us all. Trying to hang on and turn corners here. The fear that I was experiencing seems to have lightened up at times now, but now I have excited nervous system, internal tension and mental anguish which is just as bad.  I also have a feeling of being unsafe. Don't know if that's fear or what. Has anyone experienced that? Hopefully it still means progress and moving in the right direction.  It's so hard to get through a day still hoping for all of us to see better times coming.  Looking for a better year for us all. Sending big hugs and warm love to all!

LiveLife

Hi LiveLife,

I’m so glad the fear has lifted some for you, as I totally understand what that feels like.

I’ve had the internal tension and mental anguish mostly from the stress of trying to deal with the burning nerves pain and then just the general anxiety of it all anc wanting it to all go away.

I think the stress of all this can bring on the fear for me along with the mental anguish and exhaustion.

The internal tension almost feels like a sickening nervousness for me; like it’s lurking in the shadows just like that Benzo bully does.

I try to speak out to my body and tell it you are okay, this will pass, God is here, etc… sometimes it helps to hear that out loud, but not always.

It’s that awful chemical anxiety that gets to me as well.

I’m sorry you’ve had to feel the anguish and internal tension, and I hope it lifts for you just like the fear has been lifted more for you lately.  I pray you feel much relief from all of it soon. I also am praying for your husband and hope he is doing better as well.

Sending you big hugs! 🙏💕🤗

Jordan,

Thank you for the kind words of understanding. You explain things quite well. Waiting for all this to just pass away and for things to get better. I'm so longing for that.  I'm sorry that you've experienced the same and are suffering as well. Hopefully this will change for us very soon.

To all my buddies,

I'm doing the best I can to hang on, what makes matters worse is the other day when it was snowing and blowing I took a trip and fell and now both of my shoulders are hurting really badly.  The pain is so bad it's causing the nausea to be worse and It's making it hard to sleep.  On top of that my husband continues to get repeated UTI infections because of the stint he had put in for his kidney. There's been a whole lot of stress here and I'm hoping things are going to lighten up for us soon. Sending warm love and healing hugs to all!

LiveLife

LiveLife, sorry you fell and hurt your shoulders and are in pain and about your husband.  I fell too a few weeks ago and cracked my left femur and had a huge bruise on it and still have a huge bump on the outside of it.  I also still have a bruise on the top of my right thigh.   

Genuinely feel like I'm losing my mind right now. This storm is so tough to weather.

Hi Pashu,

It truly is a tumultuous storm. It’s crazy how new symptoms keep popping up too!

I’ve had the burning nerve pain on my cranial nerves and body for 12 months, and now out of nowhere I’m starting to have horrible muscle aches and pains like they are being twisted and electrical waves going through to the bone. The chemical anxiety just ramps it all up..

I hope you feel better soon! 🙏💙

LiveLife, sorry you fell and hurt your shoulders and are in pain and about your husband.  I fell too a few weeks ago and cracked my left femur and had a huge bruise on it and still have a huge bump on the outside of it.  I also still have a bruise on the top of my right thigh. 

Hi Becks,

I’m so so sorry that you’ve had the cracked femur injury. Geesh, it seems like this is never ending. I hope your femur is healing and that you and Livelife are feeling better soon!

Becks,

I'm so sorry to hear that you fell and are suffering too. I hope you start feeling better very soon. It's just too much! Thank you for your encouraging words. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hello everyone that’s in this thread.  I looked for the Breakfast Club Blog and it looks like it’s been quiet…. So I wanted to say hi to everyone…. I think about everyone that’s trying to heal from being brain damaged.  I wish I had great wonderful healing news but nope… still hanging on.  I’m about 17 plus months off… still so very many symptoms.  I’ve had a few windows for short periods of the day… not a full day window and really not a full blown no symptom window….just less suffering window.  I’ll take what I get. Ohhhh man I would not wish this on anyone!!! I’m trying to be courageous and brave as I know you all are too. 

I don’t post anymore because I’m speechless.  I pray I get to post a success story someday…

Just wanted to say hi to fellow soldiers….

We keep going 🙏

Feelingfire ❤️

Hey feelingfire.  I understand what you mean about a ‘less suffering window.’  This is just awful isnt it!

Live - my goodness I cant believe you fell.  How are you doing now?

Hey jordan, becks, pashu.  Nice to see you all - virtually of course.  :)

Gosh Helen I see you experienced another wave from hell.  So sorry.  I wish I could just take all this away for everyone.

And Hi there LadyD.  Thank you so much for your positive energy.  I feel it.

I am feeling down today.  I just cant believe I am still here.  Next week will be 2 years.  I am just really tired.  I wish I could just go sleep this off a few years and wake up to a healthy happy body.  But, sigh, here we are.  We are warriors and heros - each and everyone one of us.  We wake up each day, face this nightmare, and hope for a better tomorrow.  We use our collective experience to help each other through it.  That is so nice.

Sending all of you hugs, prayers, good vibes, healing energy, and whatever else you need today.  Happy New Years Eve, Eve.

:smitten: