Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hardy I’m so happy to hear such a good report! That’s so awesome. I also walked yesterday outside for the first time in 2 weeks since having COVID. It felt great! I did very well too. And yes I pray your window stays open for awhile….for good would be nice.

Good morning everyone! I pray you have a happy Friday today and do your best to push through ignoring the symptoms as much as you can. I find the distracting from it really helps. I woke up this morning in my usual mild wave and guess what? I was grateful because I’ve had over 2 and half years of dreadful mornings and terrible nights. This little mild waves isn’t nothing! So, I got up made myself a lovely cup of decaf and watched the sunrise from my patio door. Birds was flying for breakfast and singing….the sun’s colors began painting the sky. I just cried tears of joy that I was standing there witnessing such beauty that only God the master painter could create! So so so many mornings I wanted to do that simple thing but couldn’t even balance to walk in there. Let alone stand there….comfortable with very little boatiness. I’m not saying any of this to rub it in or make anyone feel bad. I’m sharing my simple experience in hopes that someone will know in their heart that they too WILL get better if they just hang in there a little while longer. These symptoms, Benzo Bully, is a master at lying to you. Don’t listen! He presents “supposed evidence” of your life being stuck/ ruined/ never will heal….he does this by magnifying your symptoms shining a spotlight on them. Are they there? Hell yeah they are! But they are not the real you! You have those symptoms because you’re temporarily sick- your brain’s natural state was tampered with….they’re just evidence of that ONLY! That’s going to take sometime to return you back to normal. Allow that time. Stay distracted. Get plenty of rest. Eat healthy and stay hydrated. Allow yourself to not be ok right now. PAMPER YOURSELF!!! You deserve it! Go outside anytime you can….while out there if you want to cry then do it! If you want to just stand there admiring things or just let the sun kiss your face then do it! What’s my point?

Since this is the way things are right now, then make the best of it! Who says you still can’t enjoy at least one simple something to put a smile on your face. Even if you don’t go outside, go stand in a nice window and just take your time observing things. Set a mental goal to go out there soon. This is very hard to endure day after day. Just trust that you will have a new Groundhog Day that you’ll look forward to every morning!

Sending my love and big hugs!

Thank you all for your kindness in wishing me a speedy recovery. You are the best!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Really struggling with diazapam withdrawal. Thought coz only took it for few weeks and tiny dose and tapered would be OK. Lesson learned. Really given up on recovery since the flu jab set back feel worse than ever. Nit eating much again trying desperately not to spend all day hiding in bed. Glad some of you are doing better. Took it few years ago while still on zopiclone stopped it no problem. Whatever I do seems to be the wrong thing. Wish I could tolerate AD’s as seem to help some people, tried 4 different ones so given up on that idea.

Really struggling with diazapam withdrawal. Thought coz only took it for few weeks and tiny dose and tapered would be OK. Lesson learned. Really given up on recovery since the flu jab set back feel worse than ever. Nit eating much again trying desperately not to spend all day hiding in bed. Glad some of you are doing better. Took it few years ago while still on zopiclone stopped it no problem. Whatever I do seems to be the wrong thing. Wish I could tolerate AD’s as seem to help some people, tried 4 different ones so given up on that idea.

Hi Leann,

I’m so sorry for all the difficulties you’ve had to deal with. It’s so hard to discern what would help.

I was on an AD for years after my family members had passed away tragically. I tapered off the Viibryd way too fast; and thus the reason for trying another one 8 months later that my CNS didn’t like. So I stopped them after a few weeks; then that’s when my doc gave me the Xanax that hurt me terribly. I then tried to taper off it, and burning came on so bad. I went to detox after 4 months of a failed taper so I basically CT. Big mistake but I got terrible advice. My main symptom is the burning acid in my veins and the burning brain. I wish I would have never come off my original AD. But, here we are struggling each day trying our best. I’m like you in that I wish there was something to help; I’ve read where some folks get on an AD, or Buspar for anxiety. I’m tempted to try because I’m so desperate for relief of the burning, fear and anxiety. I’ve read that CBD-CBG Helps with pain and anxiety. I’ve tried it and it doesn’t really do much for me. I wish there was something to help you but perhaps, only time will heal us. I’m very discouraged at 13 months off, I just don’t understand why or appears I’m actually worse these days. I know you must ne disappointed as well, but you are very strong and look how far you’ve come. You will get through this. We are all here for each other. I’m sending you healing thoughts. 💕

Jordan,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and positivity. Yes I do have physical symptoms as well lots of pain in the left side of my body, tingling, nausea, stomach pain cycling through. So difficult! I sure hope I am getting close to that final healing.

I'm so sorry you got that cold that might be making you feel a bit worse and hopefully once you're healed from that some things will settle down for you. I'm sure all your symptoms are a good sign of healing even though it doesn't feel like it.

We have to keep each other going and stay strong as difficult as it is.

Leann,

It was so difficult to drive in that snowstorm it's amazing what you do when you have to do it. I had no choice my husband had surgery and he was unable to. I'm glad that's behind me but I'm suffering so much today. I really hope I get a break. Sounds like you've been doing a little better so that's wonderful I hope you keep going and you see your final healing.

Sending big hugs to all!

LiveLife

LiveLife,

I’m so sorry things have been difficult for us. I’m also so sorry that you are dealing with such fear. I have had a lot of fear and anxiety lately. I just want to run and get out of my body. Sometimes I feel like I’m loosing my marbles. I’m scared.

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment and I was so ramped up with fear. I normally don’t mind the dentist but I was so fearful all day. The burning has been really bad lately which makes the anxiety rage.  I pray each day asking for mercy and healing.

I’m very discouraged as I thought I would be doing so much better after my job ended in December but I’m actually worse. I don’t understand it but I’m the back of my mind I’m so nervous about finding another job in this condition. I’m grateful that I have severence pay for a year. Some other coworkers have already found new jobs so that makes me feel like I’m a failure and have no purpose. I miss my singing in the symphony too. I came across some pictures today and got very sad because I looked so happy and at peace, and I don’t recognize the person I have become.  I have a lonely existence and feel abandoned in the suffering. That’s why I’m so grateful for this forum where we can encourage and give love to one another.

I am sending you big hugs and praying for you and your husband. I hope today is a better day for you.

Bless you! 🙏💕

Dear Jordan

Yeah - it's so brutal and pure torture all day long. I just survive minute by minute, though I really try to distract my self during the day. But I am in practice totally invalidated. I have 25 symptoms, including the acid burning pain all over. Recently, I got it bad in my chest/lungs and my stomach has gone crazy with pain. I have a constant excruciating headache, tinnitus, DP/DR and a lot more.

I was recently in contact with the Bristol Transquilizer Project, which has existed in 35 years, where they help people like us in the UK. I gave them my list of symptoms, and they answered:

"What you are experiencing is normal and yes it can be bad all the way through until it stops. We have been seeing people like yourself for 30 years and your story and symptoms are similar to others. Although it seems impossible and no one believes that they will recover but they do and so will you. Keep going one day at a time and the recovery will happen."

I hope it can give you a little hope🙏. However, it is also hard for me to believe that I will ever get better...

Hugs, Jørgen

Oh Jørgen,

I am so very sorry that we are both having so much pain. It’s pure torment everyday. As you know, it feels like 1000 needles poking my brain and body or like standing in a pot of hot soup. It’s unimaginable that a body can react this way. The other symptoms are bad enough but wheh there is bodily pain of burning where there is no relief it becomes a battlefield to endure. I’m just so sorry that we are the unlucky ones with the burning and other pain.

Thank you for sharing the info from the UK board.

I truly hope we heal soon. I don’t know how much more I can take. At 13 months I was hoping for more relief, as well as you at 16 months.

I am scared that I have not had one day of relief and afraid that I won’t heal too.  If it wasn’t for the painful burning and deep muscle pain and bone pain and other issues, I would be so much better.

I try to distract too but it’s not easy whej our body is screaming at us. Does your burning ever let up? It’s so very hard and cruel.

I think of you often and pray that we will turn a corner soon. I’m hoping that you are having a better day with some relief and comfort.

Sending you so much love. 💙

Today I woke up feeling really good and walked my granddaughter to school! Hoping it’s a long window at almost one year off!

Hardy x

Hi Hardy,

So glad you’re having relief and in a nice window. I pray this is the big one for you so you can continue to enjoy your days. Bless you! 

Hardy I’m so happy to hear such a good report! That’s so awesome. I also walked yesterday outside for the first time in 2 weeks since having COVID. It felt great! I did very well too. And yes I pray your window stays open for awhile….for good would be nice.

Good morning everyone! I pray you have a happy Friday today and do your best to push through ignoring the symptoms as much as you can. I find the distracting from it really helps. I woke up this morning in my usual mild wave and guess what? I was grateful because I’ve had over 2 and half years of dreadful mornings and terrible nights. This little mild waves isn’t nothing! So, I got up made myself a lovely cup of decaf and watched the sunrise from my patio door. Birds was flying for breakfast and singing….the sun’s colors began painting the sky. I just cried tears of joy that I was standing there witnessing such beauty that only God the master painter could create! So so so many mornings I wanted to do that simple thing but couldn’t even balance to walk in there. Let alone stand there….comfortable with very little boatiness. I’m not saying any of this to rub it in or make anyone feel bad. I’m sharing my simple experience in hopes that someone will know in their heart that they too WILL get better if they just hang in there a little while longer. These symptoms, Benzo Bully, is a master at lying to you. Don’t listen! He presents “supposed evidence” of your life being stuck/ ruined/ never will heal….he does this by magnifying your symptoms shining a spotlight on them. Are they there? Hell yeah they are! But they are not the real you! You have those symptoms because you’re temporarily sick- your brain’s natural state was tampered with….they’re just evidence of that ONLY! That’s going to take sometime to return you back to normal. Allow that time. Stay distracted. Get plenty of rest. Eat healthy and stay hydrated. Allow yourself to not be ok right now. PAMPER YOURSELF!!! You deserve it! Go outside anytime you can….while out there if you want to cry then do it! If you want to just stand there admiring things or just let the sun kiss your face then do it! What’s my point?

Since this is the way things are right now, then make the best of it! Who says you still can’t enjoy at least one simple something to put a smile on your face. Even if you don’t go outside, go stand in a nice window and just take your time observing things. Set a mental goal to go out there soon. This is very hard to endure day after day. Just trust that you will have a new Groundhog Day that you’ll look forward to every morning!

Sending my love and big hugs!

Thank you all for your kindness in wishing me a speedy recovery. You are the best!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi LadyDen,

Thank you as always for your encouraging words of comfort and hope.

I am holding on to all your words of hope.

I’m so glad you are finding comfort and relief so we’ll deserved.

You are a great strength to us with so much courage.

Sending you so much love. 💕🙏

LadyDen,

Thank you for the encouraging words as usual. So glad to hear that you're making such good progress. Wonderful!

Jordan,

I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering. I do empthasize with you greatly! Keep hanging on you could be getting close to turning that corner any day now. All of us could be. I know it must be difficult since your job has ended. It might have been a good distraction for you. And don't feel like a loser because some of your coworkers have jobs.  Your coworkers are not going through benzo recovery. It takes great strength, bravery and endurance to get through this.  Just don't forget that and give yourself credit for all the days you've gotten through so far.  I'm so sorry you're not able to sing right now and I really understand how you felt after looking at that picture. There's so much that we are missing out on until we are healed but we will get our lives back and we all will heal and it could be sooner than we even know. I spoke with Baylissa Frederick's last week.  I've been struggling very badly and some people that aren't as far out as I am are doing better. She told me don't despair because we know this is not linear and you could be feeling absolutely horrible and next week you could be healed. So we have to hang on to that thought. Hopefully we are closer than we think.

Big hugs to everyone!

LiveLife

Dear Jordan

Yeah - it's so brutal and pure torture all day long. I just survive minute by minute, though I really try to distract my self during the day. But I am in practice totally invalidated. I have 25 symptoms, including the acid burning pain all over. Recently, I got it bad in my chest/lungs and my stomach has gone crazy with pain. I have a constant excruciating headache, tinnitus, DP/DR and a lot more.

I was recently in contact with the Bristol Transquilizer Project, which has existed in 35 years, where they help people like us in the UK. I gave them my list of symptoms, and they answered:

"What you are experiencing is normal and yes it can be bad all the way through until it stops. We have been seeing people like yourself for 30 years and your story and symptoms are similar to others. Although it seems impossible and no one believes that they will recover but they do and so will you. Keep going one day at a time and the recovery will happen."

I hope it can give you a little hope🙏. However, it is also hard for me to believe that I will ever get better...

Hugs, Jørgen

Oh Jørgen,

I am so very sorry that we are both having so much pain. It’s pure torment everyday. As you know, it feels like 1000 needles poking my brain and body or like standing in a pot of hot soup. It’s unimaginable that a body can react this way. The other symptoms are bad enough but wheh there is bodily pain of burning where there is no relief it becomes a battlefield to endure. I’m just so sorry that we are the unlucky ones with the burning and other pain.

I truly hope we heal soon. I don’t know how much more I can take. At 13 months I was hoping for more relief, as well as you at 16 months.

I am scared that I have not had one day of relief and afraid that I won’t heal too.  If it wasn’t for the painful burning and deep muscle pain and bone pain and other issues, I would be so much better.

I try to distract too but it’s not easy whej our body is screaming at us. Does your burning ever let up? It’s so very hard and cruel.

I think of you often and pray that we will turn a corner soon. I’m hoping that you are having a better day with some relief and comfort.

Jordan,

We have to take it day by day. Today, however, I could only take it second by second, because of the acid burning nerve pain all over and horrible head pain.

There is a profile traumatized80, who had all these symptoms, and she ended up healing.

Hugs, Jørgen

Wanted to check in, thinking of every single one of you. LadyDen, Helen, JB42, Jordan, Stitch, Leann, Livelife, Hardy, GG & anyone I forgot. We'll get to our destination, I believe in that.

Wanted to check in, thinking of every single one of you. LadyDen, Helen, JB42, Jordan, Stitch, Leann, Livelife, Hardy, GG & anyone I forgot. We'll get to our destination, I believe in that.

Hi Pashu,

Thank you so much. You are always so thoughtful and supportive. Thank you for thinking of us and for your encouragement. I hope you are feeling better as well. I pray we all turn the big corner soon.

Bless you!!

LadyDen,

Thank you for the encouraging words as usual. So glad to hear that you're making such good progress. Wonderful!

Jordan,

I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering. I do empthasize with you greatly! Keep hanging on you could be getting close to turning that corner any day now. All of us could be. I know it must be difficult since your job has ended. It might have been a good distraction for you. And don't feel like a loser because some of your coworkers have jobs.  Your coworkers are not going through benzo recovery. It takes great strength, bravery and endurance to get through this.  Just don't forget that and give yourself credit for all the days you've gotten through so far.  I'm so sorry you're not able to sing right now and I really understand how you felt after looking at that picture. There's so much that we are missing out on until we are healed but we will get our lives back and we all will heal and it could be sooner than we even know. I spoke with Baylissa Frederick's last week.  I've been struggling very badly and some people that aren't as far out as I am are doing better. She told me don't despair because we know this is not linear and you could be feeling absolutely horrible and next week you could be healed. So we have to hang on to that thought. Hopefully we are closer than we think.

Big hugs to everyone!

LiveLife

LiveLife,

As always, thank you for your encouraging words of wisdom and support. Even in the midst of your journey you always bring light and goodness to our posts.

Thank you for reminding me that it’s okay to not be working right now and that we will get our lives back. I miss the person that I once was but I have to believe she’s still in there. These Benzo lies are so mean and bully me often. I just need to learn to take more authority over them.

I’m so happy you spoke with Baylissa. I’ve read her book twice. She mentioned that things really ramped up before she healed; it’s like she was having a really hard time and then all of a sudden it was over. I pray that for us too. You are a sweetheart for reminding us of her words.

I hope you are having a better day today. Thank you being being so kind.

Bless you! Sending you big hugs! 💕🙏💕

Dear Jordan

Hugs, Jørgen

Oh Jørgen,

Jordan,

We have to take it day by day. Today, however, I could only take it second by second, because of the acid burning nerve pain all over and horrible head pain.

There is a profile traumatized80, who had all these symptoms, and she ended up healing.

Hugs, Jørgen

Oh Jorgen,

I’m so sorry that you’re having a difficult day. I had that second by second day yesterday. The acid burning brain and body was so relentless and unforgiving for me yesterday. Today was a little better, but I had such anxiety and fear overcome me often because of these symptoms. I will look at traumatized80 profile for some hope as well. Do you use ice packs to help? I sleep with 5 ice packs around me and a cold wash cloth around my neck. Maybe you can try that too. Im just so sorry we have the burning. But I pray this will all lift soon for all of us.

I think of you often because our stories are so similar. I’m sending you lots of love and healing . thoughts. 🙏💙

:mybuddy::hug::mybuddy:

Love to you all. I hope everyone is doing well and had a grea weekend! Mine was good. I’m still doing fine. Slowly the fatigue is going away. Went for a lovely longer walk today. I really enjoyed it!

Thank you so much, Jordan.

Yes, the acid burning body and brain are relentless. Yes, I also hope that it will get better for us soon. Do you also have headaches besides the burning and feeling of electricity in your body? Stomach issues? Some people describe the burning as ne7ng part of internal akathisia. There is a homepage akathisiaalliance.org where there is more information.

Healing hugs, Jørgen

LadyDen

Thank you for your always kind words in this group.

As you are a year ahead of me - did you feel a lot of healing taking place in the last year?

Hugs, Jørgen

oh goodness reading some of your symptoms really brought on memories. I have 13 months and god willing in May will have 20 years sober.

The worst symptom every day throughout this deal was I feel/ felt like I was chewing on glass. No other way to describe.

Alot of distraction and maintaining a busy work travel schedule. One huge thing I am getting back is an intense memory. I recall numbers and things very odd. I could have a conversation and a week later I can tell you last 4 digits of a phone number. I'm trying not to gauge any of this because I can be fetal position at 12 noon or cry from happiness, usually within the same 30 minute period, lol. What a ride.

Thank you all for giving me a place to feel not so alone, cause god knows most of my walk folks dont get it.

Jordan,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I read that too in Baylissas book.  She definitely got worse and then she improved so hopefully that will happen for us.

LadyDen,

Glad to hear that you're doing so much better and up and walking around outside. Keep moving forward. Happy for you!

Big hugs to all,

LiveLife

Hello everyone,

I'm stopping by to send my best to all of you. I've tried to catch up and think I've read most of the comments. I'm still on vacation with my husband and having a really nice time! I haven't been on a vacation where I could do much of anything in YEARS.  I still can't do a ton of things but we are very much enjoying relaxing and being warm in January.  I feel so blessed and grateful. I was in a terrible weeks long wave right up until we departed and I think this trip has jolted something loose in a good way.  I'm still having symptoms but they are manageable. I'm enjoying almost all of it and like I said....this is a long time coming.  I think of all of you and hope everyone here feels stronger and more at home in their bodies and minds very soon. I'm well aware that I could go into another bad wave so I'm making sure to live in THIS moment and let it soak in .

Lady Den, I'm SO happy you are doing better and getting over that virus.  You are emerging strong now and walking! Yay!

Jb, Jordan Jack, Live Life and others who are suffering deeply, you have my heart.  BOY, do I know how that feels.  :tickedoff:

GG, I know you are probably not reading here but living your life and that makes me beam with joy.

Leann, I know you are tapering valium now and I hope only the best for you.  Sending hugs.

Pashu, thanks for the greetings and I hope you are experiencing some goodness in your journey.

Wester11, welcome to you and huge congratulations on your 13 months and your 20 years sober. That's amazing and you deserve all good things. This is a nice and supportive group here. 

Hardy, I'm so happy to read you were having a window and hoping it has stayed open for you. I'm always thinking of you.

Fire, you know I"m here for you too! 

Best to all and I'll check in again probably after our trip ends on Feb 4.

Hugs all around,

Helen

Thank you so much, Jordan.

Yes, the acid burning body and brain are relentless. Yes, I also hope that it will get better for us soon. Do you also have headaches besides the burning and feeling of electricity in your body? Stomach issues? Some people describe the burning as ne7ng part of internal akathisia. There is a homepage akathisiaalliance.org where there is more information.

Healing hugs, Jørgen

Hi Jørgen,

Yes the acid burning brain and body is so very strong and painful. I do have the electricity in my body too; mostly in my legs.  It feel like being plugged in and buzzing and weak.

I also have bone and muscle pain in my legs which started a month ago. Do you have that too?  I have had the headaches too from all the pressure in my head. I tried to find the traumatized80 profile to read their story but couldn’t find it.

Jørgen I’m praying that we get relief soon. Do you find that you are super tired too? I have been so tired but maybe it’s hectic all the stress of this. I have been sleep deprived for a while and have now been able to sleep a bit more but still so tired.

I wish I could find joy and enthusiasm but it seems to be gone for now.

I think if you so often knowing that our journey is so similar.

I’m sending you big hugs! 💙

Hello everyone,

I'm stopping by to send my best to all of you. I've tried to catch up and think I've read most of the comments. I'm still on vacation with my husband and having a really nice time! I haven't been on a vacation where I could do much of anything in YEARS.  I still can't do a ton of things but we are very much enjoying relaxing and being warm in January.  I feel so blessed and grateful. I was in a terrible weeks long wave right up until we departed and I think this trip has jolted something loose in a good way.  I'm still having symptoms but they are manageable. I'm enjoying almost all of it and like I said....this is a long time coming.  I think of all of you and hope everyone here feels stronger and more at home in their bodies and minds very soon. I'm well aware that I could go into another bad wave so I'm making sure to live in THIS moment and let it soak in .

Lady Den, I'm SO happy you are doing better and getting over that virus.  You are emerging strong now and walking! Yay!

Jb, Jordan Jack, Live Life and others who are suffering deeply, you have my heart.  BOY, do I know how that feels.  :tickedoff:

GG, I know you are probably not reading here but living your life and that makes me beam with joy.

Leann, I know you are tapering valium now and I hope only the best for you.  Sending hugs.

Pashu, thanks for the greetings and I hope you are experiencing some goodness in your journey.

Wester11, welcome to you and huge congratulations on your 13 months and your 20 years sober. That's amazing and you deserve all good things. This is a nice and supportive group here. 

Hardy, I'm so happy to read you were having a window and hoping it has stayed open for you. I'm always thinking of you.

Fire, you know I"m here for you too! 

Best to all and I'll check in again probably after our trip ends on Feb 4.

Hugs all around,

Helen

Hi Helen,

I’m so happy you’re having a wonderful time on vacation and a beautiful window.

I’ve missed your posts so it’s so nice to hear from you.

Thank you for your kind words and support, it means so much to us.

I’m sending you big hugs and looking forward to your next post. You are almost there!

Bless you!! ❤️❤️❤️

oh goodness reading some of your symptoms really brought on memories. I have 13 months and god willing in May will have 20 years sober.

The worst symptom every day throughout this deal was I feel/ felt like I was chewing on glass. No other way to describe.

Alot of distraction and maintaining a busy work travel schedule. One huge thing I am getting back is an intense memory. I recall numbers and things very odd. I could have a conversation and a week later I can tell you last 4 digits of a phone number. I'm trying not to gauge any of this because I can be fetal position at 12 noon or cry from happiness, usually within the same 30 minute period, lol. What a ride.

Thank you all for giving me a place to feel not so alone, cause god knows most of my walk folks dont get it.

Hi Wester,

You have great courage and it sounds like you are doing better and better.

I understand that fetal position crying and despair; sometimes it’s all we can do. But it sounds like you are on you way. Congratulations on your sobriety too!!

You will find great support and kindness in this group.

Bless you!

Jordan,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I read that too in Baylissas book.  She definitely got worse and then she improved so hopefully that will happen for us.

LadyDen,

Glad to hear that you're doing so much better and up and walking around outside. Keep moving forward. Happy for you!

Big hugs to all,

LiveLife

Thank you Livelife,

I hope the healing happens soon for us too.

I know each day is a closer step but this is all so hard physically.

You are going to get there soon!

Sending you hugs too! Bless you!