• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Well, I'm biting the bullet and have scheduled appointments for the Moderna vaccine. First shot is scheduled this Friday! I actually cried after scheduling it because this stresses me out. I do not trust big Pharma but I do want to be a part of the process of opening the world up again! I don't want to be a hermit in my house anymore. I will pray there are little to side effects but I will keep everyone posted.

@[ta...]

I got my second dose of Moderna on Monday.  I had some mild chills early Tuesday morning but I just slept in a bit and then was totally fine after that.

I too want to get back out in the world and in fact I just bought airfare to Florida and will take a small vacation with my wife.

I felt relieved to get this done, you will too.  All the best to you!

My reaction to the first shot was a sore arm for about a week. My reaction to the second shot has been a sore arm and FATIGUE. Any exertion really wipes me out. I'm just waiting it out. Less than 2 weeks and I will have 95% immunity. Definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

Good for you, Gardener! I have heard quite a few people mention fatigue side effects. Hopefully you’ll start feeling better soon. And 95% immunity in 2 weeks? That seems to make it all worth it. In addition to giving us greater immunity against the variants.

It looks like we will all have to get booster shots at some point, too. 

@tatertot91

I got my second dose of Moderna on Monday.  I had some mild chills early Tuesday morning but I just slept in a bit and then was totally fine after that.

I too want to get back out in the world and in fact I just bought airfare to Florida and will take a small vacation with my wife.

I felt relieved to get this done, you will too.  All the best to you!

Thanks,  RShack! I’m glad that you bounced back from those symptoms fairly rapidly Especially after the second dose, which most people say is worse. . It must be a great relief for you to be fully vaccinated and get to make plans like a normal person again, lol! I bet the trip to Florida will feel extra sweet!

I ended up postponing my vaccination so my partner and I could stagger appointments. Tomorrow he will get the vaccine and if he falls ill and needs help, I’m well enough to assist him. And in a week or two I’ll get my vaccine, and if I get sick, he’ll be well enough to help me. Hopefully all goes well.

My physician thinks with my health issues that I will get sick from the vaccine. That’s what she told me. She said “just keep your immune system strong.” Then she proceeded to tell me that these withdrawal symptoms were all in my head and that when the drug leaves your system, whatever problem remains is pre-existing. That bitch is fired. I can’t believe I wasted 4 years on her!

All this time I’ve been telling her my issues and she never gave me straight answers, I didn’t see the signs. I feel betrayed.

That bitch is fired. I can’t believe I wasted 4 years on her!

All this time I’ve been telling her my issues and she never gave me straight answers, I didn’t see the signs. I feel betrayed.

In the past 5 years I've fired 4 doctors and one Nurse Practitioner. And I felt betrayed by the one doctor, I didn't realize how many screwups she was making, my Endocrinologist was catching her mistakes and fixing things. And I was treated by her NP (who I fired) and some of the doctors I fired I was referred to by her. Worst was the idiot GI doctor.

Best thing you did was fire that doctor. You'll find a better one. Every one I fired was replaced with competent, caring, doctors and an NP. I got the care I should've been getting. The only one I kept was my Endo, and my Endo couldn't believe how I was being treated by the previous so-called "doctors".

And it's off to bed for me, to get back on topic, COVID vaccine number two is in the AM, Moderna at my Primary Care Doctor's. 

That bitch is fired. I can’t believe I wasted 4 years on her!

In the past 5 years I've fired 4 doctors and one Nurse Practitioner. And I felt betrayed by the one doctor, I didn't realize how many screwups she was making, my Endocrinologist was catching her mistakes and fixing things. And I was treated by her NP (who I fired) and some of the doctors I fired I was referred to by her. Worst was the idiot GI doctor.

Best thing you did was fire that doctor. You'll find a better one. Every one I fired was replaced with competent, caring, doctors and an NP. I got the care I should've been getting. The only one I kept was my Endo, and my Endo couldn't believe how I was being treated by the previous so-called "doctors".

And it's off to bed for me, to get back on topic, COVID vaccine number two is in the AM, Moderna at my Primary Care Doctor's.

Best of luck with the 2nd vaccine, BenzoLottie! I will be getting the Moderna too. Wishing you well!

Tinnitus and hyperacusis update! I won’t be getting my second Moderna shot

The first made my tinnitus and hyperacusis much worse. And I’m a musician and music teacher sooooo... 🥺 it’s been ROUGH!  Riding in a car is the worst as it makes it spike due to the noise.

It’s been a month since the shot and it hasn’t gotten better. A couple of weeks ago, after refusing to ride in a car and give my ears a rest, I actually had my tinnitus completely stop and I had silence for 48 blissful hours(haven’t had that in a year) before I had to drive to help my sister and it started again.

I am glad to have some protection from the virus!! But I’m hoping after the immune response calms down and my ears get to rest, it will get better.

@[ta...]

That sounds like a good plan.  My wife and I staggered our appointments by a week so that if one of us got sick we would be able to care for the other if needed.

It does seem that everyone reacts differently.  Some people said they were wiped out, others fine, and others somewhere in between. 

Good luck to you.  And I agree, you need a new physician. 

Best of luck with the 2nd vaccine, BenzoLottie! I will be getting the Moderna too. Wishing you well!

Just got back from the doctor's office, second shot done. Didn't sleep well last night, probably stressed over this. Thanks for the well wishes, hope yours goes well too.

Just got back from the doctor's office, second shot done. Didn't sleep well last night, probably stressed over this. Thanks for the well wishes, hope yours goes well too.

Yay BenzoLottie and TaterTot.  Hope both your reactions are very mild  :D :D

Like the title says, got the first shot last week. No side effects. Just a little headache on the first day .(short term user of lorazapam 02/2020, 26 years old, male)

It is said that the second shot brings more side effects.

I can endorse it. Ironically pfizer provided the benzo that made my life so much worse

[6f...]

Finally a got my second dose of pfizer. In short I got the same symptoms like in the first one but twice stronger. They lasted 1 more day also. I've been off of benzos for almost a year and the remaining symptoms like my stubborn pulsatil tinnitus and my anxiety mainly manifested in intrusive thoughts have ramped up during this 2/3 days. Today I feel much better and I haven't had any issues getting asleep. Overall I'm happy I took the vaccine. Simply I found more challenging facing what the virus may cause to me than what the vaccine could.

Benzos or medications that alter our brain chemistry place us in such introspecting mode that we are scared of everything we face specially  when it comes to medication or challenges. So far, my attitude is to confront those fears, take benzos out of my mind (that includes being selected what I see here at BB) and go by my life as if it is a chore that I'm obligated to. Time is the only asset we have ahead. We just have to live it and believe!

Hope my experience will help some.

Mice

I feel better now. Took me 10 days after the first shot (Pfizer) to slowly leave this fatigue again..

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Thank you :smitten:

I will receive the 2d shot in 6 weeks and I hope it will not be worse like everyone says, but even if... the only way out is through. I cannot imagine what Long covid would mean for me...

I feel better now. Took me 10 days after the first shot (Pfizer) to slowly leave this fatigue again..

Ahhh glad you are doing better!  ;)

Ahhh glad you are doing better!  ;)

It was quiet scaring. And I still get exhausted more quickly than before.. I had to walk the stairs yesterday cause the elevator was not working and it took me 1 hour until my heart rate was back to normal. I just hope that I dont get hit even more with the 2d shot. However - if a vaccination has this impact imagine how my poor body would handle the real infection.

Congrats BenzoLottie! I hope you start feeling better soon. My boyfriend got his shot last Wednesday and he just got a sore arm, but otherwise he feels good. I was there to observe how the shot was administered and to just get comfortable with the whole thing. We staggered the appointments so in case either one of us got sick, we'd be able to take care of the other. My appointment for the first shot of Moderna is tomorrow.

Thank you Mary!!!!!!!! You are the best!!!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congrats BenzoLottie! I hope you start feeling better soon. My boyfriend got his shot last Wednesday and he just got a sore arm, but otherwise he feels good. I was there to observe how the shot was administered and to just get comfortable with the whole thing. We staggered the appointments so in case either one of us got sick, we'd be able to take care of the other. My appointment for the first shot of Moderna is tomorrow.

Thank you Mary!!!!!!!! You are the best!!!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:mybuddy: :mybuddy:

FYI  -  I received my second COVID shot this week Tuesday. That second COVID shot packed a bigger punch than the 1st one. More localized arm soreness and an achy all over body feeling that same day and the next day (Wed) after the shot. I could not sleep Tuesday, but slept ok Wednesday. WTF! The pharmacist said that booster shot is exactly like the 1st shot they give you. It almost felt like I had a bad cold or a very mild case of the flu but no fever, no cough, no sore throat. Just a rundown lethargic feeling.  Strange! On Thursday, I felt completely fine with no soreness or achy feeling anywhere (back to 100% normal feeling).  :)

***Glad I am fully vaccinated now!  :thumbsup:

FYI  -  I received my second COVID shot this week Tuesday. That second COVID shot packed a bigger punch than the 1st one. More localized arm soreness and an achy all over body feeling that same day and the next day (Wed) after the shot. I could not sleep Tuesday, but slept ok Wednesday. WTF! The pharmacist said that booster shot is exactly like the 1st shot they give you. It almost felt like I had a bad cold or a very mild case of the flu but no fever, no cough, no sore throat. Just a rundown lethargic feeling.  Strange! On Thursday, I felt completely fine with no soreness or achy feeling anywhere (back to 100% normal feeling).  :)

***Glad I am fully vaccinated now!  :thumbsup:

Same here! Got my second Moderna shot Monday afternoon. Slept awful that night, crazy sore arm, achy, general blah feeling, then totally good two days later.