Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Crying

[An...]

Anyone else here find themselves very emotional about everything. Past present and cry?

• Like 1

[jo...]

When I am in a wave I do a lot of ruminating on past present and future. It can be intense and really unpleasent. Some refer to it as intrusive thoughts. It isn't your normal state though it's your benzo brain. When these waves pass I find myself thinking "Jesus, why was I being so hard on myself". It's a symptom. It's not how the real you thinks, and it passes.

• Like 1

[An...]
29 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

When I am in a wave I do a lot of ruminating on past present and future. It can be intense and really unpleasent. Some refer to it as intrusive thoughts. It isn't your normal state though it's your benzo brain. When these waves pass I find myself thinking "Jesus, why was I being so hard on myself". It's a symptom. It's not how the real you thinks, and it passes.

I’m so sorry to hear that you are suffering. Intrusive thoughts are the worst! Are you off Benzos completely or tapering? 

[jo...]

I quit cold turkey 4 months ago. But it's the third time I've came off them (Valium). My first two withdrawls were quite rough but only lasted a few weeks. Not so lucky this time. I feel I'm going in the right direction though, I'm getting windows. I really regret going back to them. This time I'm staying off for good. I realise now I didn't need to be taking them in the first place, I don't think most people do tbh. Really not worth the price you pay. Hope you feel better soon! Im sure you will.

[Cr...]
52 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Anyone else here find themselves very emotional about everything. Past present and cry?

Depending on the circumstances, letting those tears roll down your cheeks can be very therapeutic and actually help calm the mind and body down.

Whether you are a petite 100 lb woman or a macho 250lb muscle man, a good cry can help cleanse the turmoil in your soul. Just picture the tears as a metaphor for all the negative emotions and bad substances in your body... expel them out of your eyes in liquid form, wipe them away with tissues and then throw them in the trash where they belong.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ja...]

It’s to be expected I think pal,.I’d be very surprised if any1 could do this without triggering emotions,.it’s part of healing as well pal.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
33 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I quit cold turkey 4 months ago. But it's the third time I've came off them (Valium). My first two withdrawls were quite rough but only lasted a few weeks. Not so lucky this time. I feel I'm going in the right direction though, I'm getting windows. I really regret going back to them. This time I'm staying off for good. I realise now I didn't need to be taking them in the first place, I don't think most people do tbh. Really not worth the price you pay. Hope you feel better soon! Im sure you will.

Ohh wow cold turkey sounds so hard this is my second time; I don’t know why this time is so much worse 

• Like 1

[jo...]

They say it gets harder every time, but never impossible. Just got to keep going.

• Love 1

[Hu...]
5 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Yes

Benzos are a depressant. I still remember the first time I took one and all the tension and stored up grief flowed. First time since my teens I cried so much. But dependency made this a daily thing. Awful. It's depression, but not the depressed kind where I can't do anything or want to stay in my bed all day so it is caused solely by the benzo. 

• Wow 1

[An...]
On 21/05/2024 at 10:10, [[H...] said:

Yes

Benzos are a depressant. I still remember the first time I took one and all the tension and stored up grief flowed. First time since my teens I cried so much. But dependency made this a daily thing. Awful. It's depression, but not the depressed kind where I can't do anything or want to stay in my bed all day so it is caused solely by the benzo. 

Same I still remember my first tablet all problems gone they are the devil 

[Hu...]

Maybe my experience is not that unique. I've read that people in withdrawal often go through the same thing.