Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

TaterTot

Super sensitivity to just about everything is common in benzo recovery and we are smart to always be aware of this.

The interesting thing I see from the posts on the various vaccines is that our community as a whole seems to be O.K. with the process . Side effects seem to be low key . I can report that all I felt from my two shot vaccination was a sore arm .

I have an ovewhelming feeling of thankfulness now I am fully vaccinated . I am so glad that I did it , not just for me but for the global community . Anything we can do to help end this horrible disease is worth it .

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Finally Phase 1 c in Delaware (USA) opened, and I got my appointment immediately at doctors clinic. Got my 1st dose of Moderna this morning. I'm normally cold due to benzo W/D, but I really developed chills a few hours later. It is one of the possible side effects. Starting to feel a dull, minor, ache at the injection site. Otherwise, okay. Next appointment is already scheduled. Just glad to get this 1st part done. Will be glad when I finally get the second one.

So happy for you BL.  Hope the reactions only last a little while.  Yay, first one down :D :D

I have a question that hopefully someone here has some info to help me make a decision.

I am hyper-sensitive to vitamins and supplements since my rapid-taper off Klonipin. I cannot take a vitamin without my symptoms flaring up and debilitating me.

How do you think my system would react to a vaccine, knowing I am super- sensitive to stuff?

I want to get the vaccine but I am very nervous about debilitating repercussions.

Anyone here get a vaccine with a super-sensitive system?

Hi TT

I have a super sensitive system. Had to dump all supplements a few years ago. Only a week ago had to go on vit D and calcium after failing dexa scan with diagnosis of osteoporosis. Definitely ramping me up, but I have no choice- broke foot, hip , back in the last year. Oh, benzo wd!!

Anyway- I had nothing but a sore arm after 1 dose Pfizer. Tuesday- got second dose. My vision was effected immediately- blurry, black spot on left eye. Wednesday woke to worsening body pain, chills, fever up to 100. My sleep last night was worse than usual. Yesterday I so regretted getting 2nd shot. Thought I shot myself in the foot. Today the vaccine side effects are gone!! Back to “normal” ick. Now am so glad I did it and it’s over!! If the vaccine causes those symptoms, omgosh the virus would be the end of us. xx Lil

So happy for you BL.  Hope the reactions only last a little while.  Yay, first one down :D :D

No sore arm that most complain about. But last night I couldn't sleep and felt feverish. Have been having either chills or slight fever. Nauseated, drinking protein powder mix. Just no desire to eat. I'm told this goes away in a day or two.

Has anybody else had their W/D symptoms increase? I'm also having a lot of physical anxiety today. It's nerve-racking.

I got the 1st shot of Moderna on Tuesday.

Effects that day: soreness/tenderness arm at injection site, body tiredness, tenderness/sore, weakness, moment of nausea a couple hours after(not bad) and couple headache pain bursts that lasted for just seconds, but I think I was more susceptible to a lot of those  because I was very tired from getting up much earlier than normal and after the intense anxiety and stress before and during the process.

All the workers and other patients were very kind and helpful when I told them I had bad anxiety. I was really happy I basically didn’t have any side effects that first day.My anxiety was relieved after I left the observation area after the shot once I knew I wouldn’t have a serious reaction and as the day passed and I didn’t have any uptick in my withdrawal symptoms. I started to realize And get happy at the idea of getting to be with my family again and getting to be around my grandma without the fear of getting her sick, she has already been fully vaccinated as well.

Day 2/Wednesday: I woke pretty sick. A lot of body pain, tenderness, soreness, weakness, tiredness. Mild fever for a few hours. Minor dizziness off and on. Arm of injection very painful. Moments of headaches and nausea, mild. It was hard to do anything because I felt so weak and the pain. Worked for a few hours and had dizziness and holding my head up made my back and neck very sore.

Day 3/Thursday: woke up with MUCH less pain!! Surprisingly even my injection arm pain was much less. Very tired, can’t do much without becoming sore. More headaches than previous 2 days, more consistent.

I will see how the next few days play out and update if anything interesting happens.

I hydrated very well the night before and morning of the injection with water and Gatorade, and tried to eat better. I’ve continued to hydrate and eat healthy since and it does make a big difference. Eating things that increase the inflammation is not recommended. I also take short warm showers to relieve pain and soreness and using a heating pad helps tremendously.

You can read my bio(I’ve been in acute/tapered/had all the worst symptoms) but I have been holding at .5mg Xanax/day for 5 years now, I’m functional but sick and have a lot of limitations, and it’s made me a very fearful person. I struggled with the decision this year and it drove me to the point of depression. I even felt like I was being forced into getting the vaccine. For those that struggle, I reached out to my true supportive friends, I prayed, I repeated affirmations as I walked through the line and waited in the observation period. It was hard, but I told myself “I choose to do this for my health.” I’m very glad that I did something I was so afraid of. The reasons I wanted to do it was there is a big event I wanted to attend with my boyfriend, then I considered if I got Covid- it could make my tinnitus worse- or I could get long-lasting problems added onto what I already deal with. And that pushed me to do it. Now that I’m halfway through the process, I realized I get to be with my family that I love and not worry about grandma.

Amazingly!! No increase in withdrawal symptoms for me 🙌🏼

:)

Effects that day: soreness/tenderness arm at injection site, body tiredness, tenderness/sore, weakness, moment of nausea a couple hours after(not bad) and couple headache pain bursts that lasted for just seconds, but I think I was more susceptible to a lot of those  because I was very tired from getting up much earlier than normal and after the intense anxiety and stress before and during the process.

All the workers and other patients were very kind and helpful when I told them I had bad anxiety. I was really happy I basically didn’t have any side effects that first day.My anxiety was relieved after I left the waiting area after the shot. I started to realize And get happy at the idea of getting to be with my family again and getting to be around my grandma without the fear of getting her sick, she has already been fully vaccinated as well.

Day 2/Wednesday: I woke pretty sick. A lot of body pain, tenderness, soreness, weakness, tiredness. Mild fever for a few hours. Minor dizziness off and on. Arm of injection very painful. Moments of headaches and nausea, mild. It was hard to do anything because I felt so weak and the pain. Worked for a few hours and had dizziness and holding my head up made my back and neck very sore.

Day 3/Thursday: woke up with MUCH less pain!! Surprisingly even my injection arm pain was much less. Very tired, can’t do much without becoming sore. More headaches than previous 2 days, more consistent.

I will see how the next few days play out and update if anything interesting happens.

I hydrated very well the night before and morning of the injection with water and Gatorade, and tried to eat better. I’ve continued to hydrate and eat healthy since and it does make a big difference. Eating things that increase the inflammation is not recommended. I also take short warm showers to relieve pain and soreness and using a heating pad helps tremendously.

You can read my bio(I’ve been in acute/tapered/had all the worst symptoms) but I have been holding at .5mg Xanax/day for 5 years now, I’m functional but sick and have a lot of limitations, and it’s made me a very fearful person. I struggled with the decision this year and it drove me to the point of depression. I even felt like I was being forced into getting the vaccine. For those that struggle, I reached out to my true supportive friends, I prayed, I repeated affirmations as I walked through the line and waited in the observation period. It was hard, but I told myself “I choose to do this for my health.” I’m very glad that I did something I was so afraid of. The reasons I wanted to do it was there is a big event I wanted to attend with my boyfriend, then I considered if I got Covid- it could make my tinnitus worse- or I could get long-lasting problems added onto what I already deal with. And that pushed me to do it. Now that I’m halfway through the process, I realized I get to be with my family that I love and not worry about grandma.

That's great Niki  :smitten: :smitten:

All the workers and other patients were very kind and helpful when I told them I had bad anxiety. I was really happy I basically didn’t have any side effects that first day.My anxiety was relieved after I left the observation area after the shot once I knew I wouldn’t have a serious reaction and as the day passed and I didn’t have any uptick in my withdrawal symptoms. I started to realize And get happy at the idea of getting to be with my family again and getting to be around my grandma without the fear of getting her sick, she has already been fully vaccinated as well.

Thanks for sharing Niki.  :)

Hello:

I got my covid 19 vaccine from Pfizer more than 24 hours ago and so far so good no side effects or more withdrawal symptoms.

I am very sensitive to many things and thank God i am doing well.

The only thing is a sore arm but otherwise i feel relieve for this step.    I am in protracted withdrawal for 31 months.

Hello:

I got my covid 19 vaccine from Pfizer more than 24 hours ago and so far so good no side effects or more withdrawal symptoms.

The only thing is a sore arm but otherwise i feel relieve for this step.    I am in protracted withdrawal for 31 months.

Good for you Carlitos.  :)

Hello:

Good for you Carlitos.  :)

Hope your second shot goes just as well Carlitos!!  :).  Good job  ;)

Encouraging anyone who is thinking and worrying about getting the vaccine . Trust in the science and do it . As a card carrying ' Fully Vaccinated ' newbie I can tell you that the feeling of being in a safe place after a year of Hell is so worth it . :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was glad to read positive comments about getting the Covid vaccine.  I got the Johnson & Johnson today.  All day yesterday and this morning I was freaking out about it but it was ok!

No immediate reactions and just starting to feel fatigue.  Arm does not hurt at all (yet).

I know things might change overnight but I’m feeling pretty positive about it.

Happy to not be so worried now about contracting Covid.

......and no second shot for me.

I was glad to read positive comments about getting the Covid vaccine.  I got the Johnson & Johnson today.  All day yesterday and this morning I was freaking out about it but it was ok!

No immediate reactions and just starting to feel fatigue.  Arm does not hurt at all (yet).

That's the vaccine my pain Dr chose after researching  ;).  Hope you are still feeling okay  :)

So happy to hear this catsintheyard, I am scheduled for the J and J vaccine this week.  Very nervous but know I must do it to live a normal life (eventually).  I think you are the first person I've seen here on the forum who got J and J.  I too want to go through this with only one jab. 

Scheduled my first appointment for the Moderna vaccine tomorrow afternoon! All the positive comments here have been awesome to read.

Scheduled my first appointment for the Moderna vaccine tomorrow afternoon! All the positive comments here have been awesome to read.

Yay, Kit.  Will be thinking about you  :D.  Let us know how it goes. Hoping worst thing is a sore arm.  ;)

I'm hearing positive things from people who got the one shot Johnson and Johnson . The company that invented the no tears baby shampoo has to be smart .

I'm hearing positive things from people who got the one shot Johnson and Johnson . The company that invented the no tears baby shampoo has to be smart .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's the vaccine my pain Dr chose after researching  ;).  Hope you are still feeling okay  :)

I have just been extra tired today and had a short episode of rapid heartbeat this afternoon but other than that, I feel pretty good.  I have a lot of muscle pain anyway from the Ativan withdrawal so I didn’t notice too much more body aches.  Arm still not sore.  All in all it was not too much of an ordeal.  :thumbsup:

I wanted to update on my Moderna 1st experience.

At the end of night 3, I tried driving and it stressed my muscles, and tightened my chest making it hard to breathe. I woke up Friday morning with some scary acute-withdrawal symptoms, I freaked and called a friend to pray and felt better after a couple hours, I sat in the sun and got some things done. Since then I haven’t had the typical covid-shot symptoms but my body has been very weak and easily physically stressed to the point that I can’t do much without my muscles becoming very sore. I can’t walk much. I haven’t had anything acute-like come back up, but I’m thinking my sensitive CNS took a hit, and I expect it to take 2-4 weeks to recover my strength. I planned to hike with friends and show them around my town and I had to miss some important family gatherings, it’s been kind of hard mentally, you know when you get down about illness. BUT those feelings passed and I feel CONFIDENT that my body will recover. I will probably push my 2nd dose back so my body can fully recover before I hit it again.

I’ll update if anything else changes and when I’ve fully recovered.

Pros from challenge: Practicing strengthening mind 💪🏼 And I’ve lost a few pounds from the physical stress toll lol

I have a question that hopefully someone here has some info to help me make a decision.

I am hyper-sensitive to vitamins and supplements since my rapid-taper off Klonipin. I cannot take a vitamin without my symptoms flaring up and debilitating me.

How do you think my system would react to a vaccine, knowing I am super- sensitive to stuff?

I want to get the vaccine but I am very nervous about debilitating repercussions.

Hi TT

I have a super sensitive system. Had to dump all supplements a few years ago. Only a week ago had to go on vit D and calcium after failing dexa scan with diagnosis of osteoporosis. Definitely ramping me up, but I have no choice- broke foot, hip , back in the last year. Oh, benzo wd!!

Anyway- I had nothing but a sore arm after 1 dose Pfizer. Tuesday- got second dose. My vision was effected immediately- blurry, black spot on left eye. Wednesday woke to worsening body pain, chills, fever up to 100. My sleep last night was worse than usual. Yesterday I so regretted getting 2nd shot. Thought I shot myself in the foot. Today the vaccine side effects are gone!! Back to “normal” ick. Now am so glad I did it and it’s over!! If the vaccine causes those symptoms, omgosh the virus would be the end of us. xx Lil

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it. I agree, contracting the actual virus in our condition would be awful, if we survived. And we would mostly become a "long-hauler" because of the toll the viral load would take on our CNS, lymphatic and immune systems. My state is opening up vaccines to everyones so Think I'll roll the dice! Thank you so much!!!

You might find an answer in this thread, which is dedicated to those who are sensitive. All the respondents are super sensitive and detail their reactions. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251787.0

Thank you BenzoLottie! I will check this thread out!

TaterTot

Super sensitivity to just about everything is common in benzo recovery and we are smart to always be aware of this.

The interesting thing I see from the posts on the various vaccines is that our community as a whole seems to be O.K. with the process . Side effects seem to be low key . I can report that all I felt from my two shot vaccination was a sore arm .

I have an ovewhelming feeling of thankfulness now I am fully vaccinated . I am so glad that I did it , not just for me but for the global community . Anything we can do to help end this horrible disease is worth it .

Thanks, brave rabbit! I really appreciate getting peoples perspectives. We are all extremely delicate in benzowithdrawal (I'm protracted) and its really gratifying to read that our buddies have having good experiences with getting the vaccine overall. I am in agreement that more people getting the vaccine will be of tremendous help to the well-being of us all.