Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

So it doesn’t affect gaba like antibiotics do? I had a hay day with macrobid making my symptoms come back

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

As with anything, the people who have bad reactions are FAR, FAR, FAR more likely to post than the people who do not. I know people with all sorts of illnesses as well as benzo withdrawal who have gotten the vaccine with little or no reaction. For me, I had a sore arm, and I was tired for a day. That's it. I have sleep apnea and other sleep problems, so it probably wasn't even the vaccine. It was probably just me having a tired day. The needle was so tiny and the dose so tiny I wasn't convinced the nurse actually gave me a shot until my arm got sore later in the day. Then I was glad! The feeling of relief you get when you no longer have to worry about COVID is really great. :thumbsup:

This is a wonderful feeling, its a confidence that is growing for me each day.  Going out in public now, interacting with family feels like I'm doing things for the first time, its an appreciation of the freedom I'm afforded now.  I highly recommend getting this feeling, its great.

Meganz, I have read most of the posts too on the vaccine.  Some had a rough time but most end their post with, " I am still so glad I got it"!  I feel so relieved and free."  I know you are scared, I am sure most of us were, but we will be right here wishing you on.  Going into a hospital and being on a ventilator would be a nightmare  :(.  You can do this, really.  Please go, take Trina up on her wonderful offer.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘😘♥️♥️♥️

Yes, I had the moderna 1st shot at the beginning of my 1mg k taper… sore arm for 3 days and a slight headache.

2nd shot is scheduled middle of June … praying the sxs aren’t to wild to slow my taper progress.

Slow heart beat does not mean you have low oxygen levels. I measured mine the hole time and always got 99% which is really really good.

I think my heartbeat became lower because I was very stressed out when I got the first shot due to some life changes and it was just that drop of water which was too much. However, since not everyone can get it where I live, I feel privileged to get a vaccination. And 3 weeks means nothing in recovery. That was the time my heart needed to find back to normal. I cannot imagine what it would have needed in case of a Covid infection. I have seen that in so many people now that I am more scared of the infection than of a reaction because of the vaccine. Dying because of Codvid is the one thing but I have no strength to survive a long covid syndrome.

In my state of PA, there will be herd immunity very soon since over 70% of the people already got partially vaccinated.  As soon as 70% are fully vaccinated then everyone will stop wearing masks and life will be back to normal.  Either way, the governor said that on June 28, no one will be required to wear masks at all or even social distance.

So it doesn’t affect gaba like antibiotics do? I had a hay day with macrobid making my symptoms come back

Does not affect gaba or receptors. Gives the body a code/map to make antibodies against the virus. Our bodies do this naturally when we get ill with a virus. Its carrier is PEG, (with the pfizer vaccine) which is often found in any liquid vitamin drops. (Yes there are ppl allergic to this but its not the norm).

The majority of ppl do not have a problem with it.

My dad just finished chemo this year and had been working on getting his body healthy and strong again. He got the shot and did super well - even with a body ravaged by after effects of chemo! (lordy I hope I have his genetics lol)

In my state of PA, there will be herd immunity very soon since over 70% of the people already got partially vaccinated.  As soon as 70% are fully vaccinated then everyone will stop wearing masks and life will be back to normal.  Either way, the governor said that on June 28, no one will be required to wear masks at all or even social distance.

So very very happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing!

Hopefully the rest of, well everywhere will follow the same.

Thanks for update hingie!

I have my 2nd shot scheduled for two weeks from now and am nervous of sxs. I just had a sore arm for 3 days after first shot of moderna.

I went to a busy notary and tag service today and only half were wearing masks.  Those not wearing them are vaccinated.  I forgot to wear mine.  Low chance of getting it now.

Got 2nd shot today of moderna.

Ok.  Here is an update 24 hours post 2nd moderna shot.

Fatigue hit last evening with heavy flu like symptoms and sore arm with achy joints.  Living in advil for the time being.

Pls note.  These are known symptoms of the 2nd moderna shot and these are not an uptick in benzo symptoms.  Actually, i feel really well on that front right now. 

Hope this sets some at ease

Hingie

The feeling of relief you get when you no longer have to worry about COVID is really great

It really is, Meganz. I know you have heath anxiety, but getting the shot would eliminate Covid-anxiety. Fyi I just had a sore arm and felt tired after my 2nd shot.

:smitten:

Katz

I’m now at 72 hours after my second Moderna vaccine and I feel my BWS still revved up. More head pressure, debilitating fatigue, anxiety, brain fog and so on since the shot. I really hope this is just vaccine related and it will pass very soon and that it’s not my BWS revved back up into a wave. Concerned.

Smiths, fatigue is normal after the shot. My partner got the Moderna shot -- I got the Pfizer and we both felt pretty tired and depleted for a few days afterwards. I've heard of ppl experiencing nausea also. It passes in a few days. It's a bummer that it mimics BWS but they're not the same . . . although they feel the same. Crappy is crappy.

Hope you feel better soon.

Katz

Smiths, I got Moderna too. Felt rotten for a day after the second shot and much better after. It will pass. ❤️

got my 2d shot today. The reaction right after the injection was the same as with the first shot but my nervous system was calm this time cause I already knew the place and procedure. Back home a headache and nausea like the same time. This time it was injected in late evening lets see how the night will be.. I will keep you updated..

Smiths, I got Moderna too. Felt rotten for a day after the second shot and much better after. It will pass. ❤️

Hi Kitsune. I’m still feeling horrible, my BWS symptoms feel revved up now day 3 after the shot. Certainly hope it passes soon. That I’m day 3 now is my concern.  :-[ Last thing I need is another setback.

To Meganz and any others who want to get vaccinated but are frightened:

I was very nervous about getting it .  I react to many meds too but thought about that many elderly with poor health have had it with no complications and also , as someone already mentioned, people who’s immune systems are down because of chemo, etc.

I decided to go for it.  I got the Johnson & Johnson and didn’t even have a sore arm just extra tired the next couple of days. It was no biggie!    As many have said, I feel a huge sense of relief .  Outcomes of getting Covid are never predictable.  Even those with mild cases can have future complications.

got my 2d shot today. The reaction right after the injection was the same as with the first shot but my nervous system was calm this time cause I already knew the place and procedure. Back home a headache and nausea like the same time. This time it was injected in late evening lets see how the night will be.. I will keep you updated..

I took 800 mg ibuprofen today. Was a little bit exhausted and had aching muscles. However I could go for a walk, which I could not after the first shot.

I expect to feel a little weak for the next week and that's it. :thumbsup:

I had reactions to the vaccines but am feeling a lot better now. In two days, it will be two weeks from my second dose of Moderna. I think it is worth it because the risk of complications and/or death is severe enough to warrant the vaccine which has shown remarkable effectiveness against those risks.

There is new data showing that the unvaccinated population is getting more severe forms of covid now at really high rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/interactive/2021/covid-rates-unvaccinated-people/

Having said that though, I totally respect anyone's decision for or against. It's your body and your choice. Only you know how sensitive your body is and have to make an informed decision.

Just happy to report that I am feeling better from the vaccine reaction.

Tatertot, it's good that you're feeling better now after your vaccine.  On June 28th our state is lifting the mask mandate or when we have herd immunity, which ever comes first, then no one will need to wear masks, not even the unvaccinated.  I'm never around other people so I'm not worried about catching the virus.  I'm housebound and live alone and never go anywhere.