I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

I got the Pfizer booster last week -- 8 months after my second shot. I didn't notice much at all! No sore arm like from the first two shots . . . no fluey feeling . . . well, maybe a bit of fatigue. Really, it was a nothingburger.

:thumbsup:

Katz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

I had my second Pfizer yesterday I have had a mild headache, fatigue and nausea since then.

I don't believe that my withdrawal symptoms have been affected (just over a month off).

My experience taking pfzier vaccine back in Aug 2021. I'm still dealing dizziness. I know that the jabs aggravated my post concussion, benzo wd symptoms. Strong anxiety and depression. Now I'm dealing strong symptoms of benzo belly. There's is a brain and gut connection going on here. I'm definitely suffering 😫.

I got the booster and my s/x were even milder than the 2 original doses of Pfizer. Sore arm, fatigue. a nuthin' burger, really.

Best,

Katz

• 3 weeks later...
In the interest of transparency I'll share my reaction to the Moderna booster I received yesterday.  As with dose one and two the symptoms hit me in the evening. Achiness and headache, tolerable and hopefully shortlived. I'm just happy to have this additional level of immunity.

Got my Moderna booster last Sunday afternoon.  It had the same effect as shot 1:  I woke up in the middle of the night with some chills and felt very thirsty.  I drank a couple of glasses of water and went back to bed.  Slept in a bit and then got up and went to work.

I’m glad I got it as winter is coming and so I will be indoors a lot.  Also I’m now going into the office two days a week.

• 4 months later...
I had my second Moderna doze 3 months ago. Since then I had terrible panic attacks during period. It seems like affect my hormones. I haven't got panic attacks since my acute 7 years ago. I had a lot of stress in work at the same time and maybe it is not the vaccine but I am not so sure because everything starts with the second doze. Anyone with symptoms long after second doze?

I am convinced that my PVCs that started 2 months ago are in part due to the Pfizer booster I took 2 weeks before the onset.

So yeah no more boosters for me.

I am here two years later because I scheduled my vacacine for tomorrow. I'm a nervous wreck. Why? Because I too had a terrible reaction to the flu vaccine in 2018. It gave me horrible anxiety for two weeks. I was 3 years off of benzos at that point

I really want to get vaxxed for Covid. I'm just terrified.

Thank you all for replying. I guess I should have gone a little more in depth. Since my benzo journey, I went from a person who had no trouble with any medication, to someone who is now allergic to penicillin, sulfa, and cipro. I have had countless adverse reactions to others, including tachycardia to prednisone and other steroids. I am terrified of taking anything new, but I knew for me this vaccine needed to happen. It scared me because it is new, but I did a lot of reading up on it and talked to a couple of the doctors I work with. Even though the vaccine is new, the technology has been around for over 10 years, mainly used in cancer patients to help shrink tumors. This is just the first opportunity that has arisen for it to be used in a vaccine. They were also working on a vaccine for SARS Covid-1 years ago when the SARS outbreak occurred, so they did have a good foundation to start with, it wasn’t exactly from square 1. It’s now been almost 48 hours. My arm pain is already gone. I did wake up tired this morning and with a mild dull headache but nothing that a nap won’t fix later. Several other that I know that had theirs more than a week ago mostly said by day 3 all side effect symptoms were gone so I am looking forward to tomorrow to see how it goes. Thank you all again, please believe I am with you all when it comes to fear of the vaccine. But I’m also one of the ones that had been up close and personal with covid patients and seen the effects of not just how the virus has worked on them but also what the families are going through. Getting the vaccine is a personal decision and I will respect them all, but keep in mind the risks/benefits. We will all get through this

Jeniferrr,

Thank you for your very detailed post. Thank you so much for your work in the Frontlines.

The Covid 19 vaccine is a subject that is on my mind daily because I did not do well with the regular flu vaccine I got in October 2020.

I had, had a flu vaccine pre benzos with zero issues. I felt confident that I would have zero issues, especially since I was 19 months out from my last benzo and I was doing really well. I thought I would be writing a success story for Christmas.

Well, the flu vaccine gave me the typical flu like symptoms that many people get, but unfortunately it did not end there. The night I got it, I woke up at 3am with severe vertigo. I felt like I was going to pass out. I was so weak. My husband had to walk me to the bathroom. The next day these symptoms continued, and unfortunately they continued well beyond the 2-3 days that flu vaccine symptoms last. There were some people here on BB that suggested that it was an ingredient that I was sensitive to in the flu vaccine, but I know it was not. The pharmacist gave me a "stripped down" version of it.

I could tell it was my immune system being "fired up" (like a vaccine is supposed to do) because I could feel the "flu like" symptoms. Ufortunately a "fired up" immune system is not something my CNS can handle right now.

The set back lasted 2 months. It brought back one of my WD symptoms that was gone for 9 months that I thought was gone for good, which was debilitating vertigo. I couldn't lay flat in the bed etc. Feeling a bit of doom followed. I was having problems walking. I could not drive. These were things that were gone for 9 months before the flu vaccine. Other people on BB suggested a coincidental wave. I know they mean well. I wish that was the case. Then I would not be thinking that my CNS is still too sensitive for meds and such. It was not a coincidental wave. I had not had a wave for months.

With this setback I also got tachycardia that landed me in the ER.

There are many people here on BB that have gotten the regular flu vaccine with zero issues. I just was not so lucky.

This is a very scary subject for me, and of course for many, many other people. I want to take the Covid vaccine, but I don't know. And, the other crazy thing is that you have to get it twice.

I have the fortunate situation of working from home as well as my spouse. We don't have kids. We see no one. We do all curbside. We wear masks. Our "outings" are walks in the park, away from people. We live in a small town of about 1500 in rural America. My husband and I don't mind this way of living. We feel lucky we can do this.

I have been met with what feels like "bullying" not here on Benzo Buddies, but on other social media with people guilting those who can't take this covid vaccine because of medical reasons.

What a mess. I guess if my neighbors start getting it and it gets so very very much worse (Yes, I get that this next month or so will be bad). I mean if it's ripping through my neighborhood, I'm going to have to make a hard decision. I'm also 50, so not even sure when I'd be able to get it anyway.

We know people who have got Covid. Mostly fever for days. We've seen 70 & 80 year olds survive it, but we also know people in their 40's who struggled with difficulty breathing. One had an 02 sat of 82% !! He refused to go to the hospital because he did not want to end up on a vent. He's pulling through, but very slowly. I know Covid is serious.

I feel like the world is crazy & I have to turn it off. I can't watch it every day. But, I'm definitely watching here on BB for those who get this covid vaccine and how they do with it.

I understand your situation. You work with Covid patients.

We pray everyday that it is effective and safe.

We pray everyday for Frontline workers like you.

Please keep us updated.

• 1 month later...