Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

I love the feeling I have knowing I'm fully vaccinated, its a confidence that allows me to feel more comfortable in public.  These days I have to remind myself to wear my mask in accordance with the business and health guidelines which I'm happy to do, but its a sign of respect for others not fear for my own safety.  It's wonderful and I'm so happy to be able to be with family and friends again, life is good.  :smitten:

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

I love the feeling I have knowing I'm fully vaccinated, its a confidence that allows me to feel more comfortable in public.  These days I have to remind myself to wear my mask in accordance with the business and health guidelines which I'm happy to do, but its a sign of respect for others not fear for my own safety.  It's wonderful and I'm so happy to be able to be with family and friends again, life is good.  :smitten:

Same here! It’s such a relief to not have that fear looming over me (like I don’t have enough of that with benzo withdrawal!!) Wearing a mask now is for safety (just in case you’re in that small %), but more so out of respect for others safety. Also, I haven’t had a cold since December 2019, so I’ll probably just keep wearing a mask in public especially during cold season!

[31...]

I have my first shot this Wednesday!

I got to tell you, I'm terrified.

Everything has gone so wrong with me medically this past year.

I'm a highly trained engineer, who used to trust science.

I still do, but I'm not sure what will happen in my body.

The doctors keep telling me that what has happened already shouldn't have happened.

So I guess I'm feeling like the worst will happen, as the worst has happened every step of the way this past year.

I have no clue what I'm getting, either Pfizer or Moderna, not much choice here in Canada.

I have some histamine issues, so I worry about that as well.

Winnie

Winnie,

I felt the same way.  Go figure I had the Johnson and Johnson and the next day they came out with the blood clotting issue.  At the time, I was having issues with thrombosis, it was a rough 30 days.  I am so happy I had it, my sleep actually improved which was such a strange but welcome surprise.  One other BB reported the same.  Not all things are bad. 

You got this!

[90...]

Just to report, as promised, how I'm doing. I had my second Pfizer dose 2 weeks ago.

First dose not problems at all. Just a sore arm.

Second dose was a little bit rough: dizziness, join pain and be out of it sensation. Progressively all tapered down in a week or so. I took one day off at work but I could have worked if I pressed it.

I would say that anxiety probably was the main factor that made all those symptoms worse.The fact we experience such a big shock with the medication that harmed us so bad is that we are very sensitive to anything we take. Also we are monitoring ourselves all the time and that doesn't help either. My mind set was that what the vaccine may cause is wayyyy milder that what you get if you get infected in our condition.

So, I encourage everybody to go head get vaccinated and DON'T THINK TO MUCH ABOUT IT! We already had enough to worry from the benzos!

Mice

Just to report, as promised, how I'm doing. I had my second Pfizer dose 2 weeks ago.

Second dose was a little bit rough: dizziness, join pain and be out of it sensation. Progressively all tapered down in a week or so. I took one day off at work but I could have worked if I pressed it.

I would say that anxiety probably was the main factor that made all those symptoms worse.The fact we experience such a big shock with the medication that harmed us so bad is that we are very sensitive to anything we take. Also we are monitoring ourselves all the time and that doesn't help either. My mind set was that what the vaccine may cause is wayyyy milder that what you get if you get infected in our condition.

So, I encourage everybody to go head get vaccinated and DON'T THINK TO MUCH ABOUT IT! We already had enough to worry from the benzos!

Mice

Great advice Mice  :)

That's great, Pamster! Its also wonderful that you can be with your family and friends again. That must feel gratifying.

I am looking forward to the feeling of more security as well.

Mice

So agree with all that you say!  I cancelled my first appt to get the vaccine , I was so freaked out.  Got it a few days later, the Johnson & Johnson.  Mild side effects, good sleep for a couple of nights.  Agree with all the comments about feeling relief now that I have it.

And , yes, as micedana says, try not to fret about it .  Whatever side effects you may have can’t be as bad as getting a bad case of COVID.  ;D

Same!  :thumbsup:

Today is 7 months since my taper ended, and I received my first does of Pfizer. I know I am healing because I didn't spend the past few days ruminating about it. I was certainly nervous, and am praying I don't have a set-back, but I have to say that the feeling of having had my first dose is one of deep gratitude. Walking into a mass vaccination site, seeing so many different people, all ages and backgrounds, made me very emotional. A collective effort... that's what it felt like.

So many of us have such broken trust with the medical system, and my prayer has been that I don't become hardened against the opportunity advancements in medicine can bring. I will update in 24 hours how I fare.... hopefully nothing terrible! So far, just minor soreness at the injection site.

:smitten:

I hear you Marwegs. After all, it was our medical system that gave us benzos, and they said initially that these meds were non-addictive. Boy, were they wrong on that one. LOL

Glad to report that my side effects from the first dose of Moderna vaccine (which I felt one week after the injection) subsided after about 30 hours. That's not bad! My well wishes for all who are justifiably nervous about going for it. I was, too, and cancelled my first appointment so I could accompany my boyfriend for his first dose. I wanted to check out the site, see the process and see how if he had any reaction. He has an autoimmune disorder and I wanted to see how he responded before I got my dose. I didn't want us both to be sick at the same time. Thankfully, watching him receive the dose and observing that all he suffered was a very sore arm, I went ahead and rescheduled my first dose.

My first dose experience was very good, couldn't be better actually.

I didn't feel the needle at all and had no reaction. Until a week later, then a red rash developed on my arm near the injection site, a burning lump developed underneath the area, my head felt amped up like a chihuahua on crack, and heart palpitations ensued. I already have poor sleep, but it worsened due to my increased heart rate.

But all of it went away after about 30 hours. Back to baseline protracted benzo withdrawal issues for me!

I got my first Pfizer shot a few weeks ago, and just wanted to report here how it went.  That morning I woke up with a HEADACHE!!!  That part was awful.  It was a headache that felt like it could turn into a migraine too.  I had heard that taking anything, like aspirin or ibuprofen, could lessen your own immune system's response to the vaccine, though that could be just a rumor.  But I decided not to taken anything and went in and had my shot.  By evening, my headache was gone, and honestly, I think it might have been at least partially caused by just the excitement of getting the darn shot in the first place.

I was very tired for a few days, and then had a terrible stomach ache three days later, and a full blown migraine, which honestly, might not have anything to do with the shot, as I am prone to migraines.  That was it though.  It's been 3 weeks now and I don't really feel any different now. 

I got my first Pfizer shot a few weeks ago, and just wanted to report here how it went.  That morning I woke up with a HEADACHE!!!  That part was awful.  It was a headache that felt like it could turn into a migraine too.  I had heard that taking anything, like aspirin or ibuprofen, could lessen your own immune system's response to the vaccine, though that could be just a rumor.  But I decided not to taken anything and went in and had my shot.  By evening, my headache was gone, and honestly, I think it might have been at least partially caused by just the excitement of getting the darn shot in the first place.

I was very tired for a few days, and then had a terrible stomach ache three days later, and a full blown migraine, which honestly, might not have anything to do with the shot, as I am prone to migraines.  That was it though.  It's been 3 weeks now and I don't really feel any different now.

Hi GreenCup! My feeling is that there is a link between the headaches and your other symptoms and the shot, but you're right, if you're susceptible to those symptoms anyway it is hard to pinpoint with certainty. I am prone to headaches as well, especially with this protracted brain injury, and thankfully, I didn't get one.

Did you get your second shot yet?

Hi buddies, just updating on my experience with the first dose of Pfizer.

It’s been 72 hours since I got the vaccine. I felt almost euphoric for the first 10 hours, then some malaise set in... chills, aches, fatigue. Had a rough couple of nights of sleep, and I did notice an uptick in some anxiety and DR/cog fog. My arm was insanely sore, but slowly subsided. Today I feel back to baseline, hoping that’s all I will face after this! 😊

It’s been 72 hours since I got the vaccine. I felt almost euphoric for the first 10 hours, then some malaise set in... chills, aches, fatigue. Had a rough couple of nights of sleep, and I did notice an uptick in some anxiety and DR/cog fog. My arm was insanely sore, but slowly subsided. Today I feel back to baseline, hoping that’s all I will face after this! 😊

Good for you Marwegs  :D

Sorry to jump on the thread. I know alot of posts I saw were people who had the vaccine already being off benzos.

I just started my taper. Is the vaccine safe while you are taking benzos? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Sorry to jump on the thread. I know alot of posts I saw were people who had the vaccine already being off benzos.

I just started my taper. Is the vaccine safe while you are taking benzos? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Yes. I had mine during my taper, still tapering.

Is the vaccine safe while you are taking benzos? Sorry if this has already been answered.

I personally say yes, it is safe while you are on benzos. HTH and good luck--

Glad you are starting to feel better, Marweg. I got a big uptick in my symptoms, too, but they did lessen. I have noticed an overall increase in anxiety though. Today I really felt the anxiety! I hope this lessens as well.

Hope you continue to do well!

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I’m so f’n scared of this vaccine making my symptoms come back I’d almost rather not get it. I’m equally scared of covid...to the point where I’m about to drop out of grad school so I don’t have to do a clinical this fall. I don’t want to be around people. I want to hide under a rock so.I don’t catch anything. I’m so scared. Of everything involving covid.

I have a vaccine appointment scheduled. For next Monday. But I cannot risk my symptoms coming back. I just can’t. I finally feel pretty good (I have mini waves sometimes) but honestly nothing terrible at all anymore. My UTI scare gave me a few symptoms but honestly if I’m not thinking about health or medicine or diseases I’m JUST fine. I’m so f’n traumatized by the medical community that I cannot decide what to do. I’m so scared every little cough is covid. I’m so scared of everything. I am a healthy 28 year old female and this is tearing me to shreds. I’m not ok. If I got the vaccine and had heart skips or dizziness come back? F no. No no no no. I have read every comment in this thread and it looks like it’s a 50/50 toss up on whether symptoms will come back and how bad. And high HR? Low HR. Like what? No. I’m so traumatized. Yes covid could cause all of this in me. But it could also be asymptomatic or give me a sore throat and that’s it. IDK it’s all a coin toss

Meganz..the vaccine is less worrisome than the real deal. I survived the real deal and am lucky I was not one of the bad outcomes.

If you get it(vaccine) sometime soon, even if you have a crappy response I can pretty much guarantee you'll recover before clinical/internships in the fall. Don't let fear steal your future from you.

You've worked hard for this degree, and I'm assuming you'll have school loans to pay - which means you need the good paying job to pay them off - which can only happen if you finish the grad program.

Sorry - just trying to hit you up with some logic. Bc i care. :smitten:

Thanks trina. It’s the heart palps and dizziness that scare me. I’m seeing a few buddies had this come back. I can handle anything else but those symptoms coming back....I’ve only done 2 semesters of grad school it’s not too late to drop out. That’s my thinking. I would do anything to avoid an uptick. Including never leave my house again

I was under the assumption that the covid vaccine fared well for most buddies but I’m seeing a lot do react

Also can the covid vaccine cause a cytokine storm?? Or just covid?

I’ve seen one person mention that the vaccine doesn’t mess with GABA but then why are people reacting? 

I could make a long drawn out list of meds I’ve reacted to since CT.

Like steroids, antibiotics, propanolol, contrast dye, even zofran gave me hives

So why should I be any less scared of this vaccine. Maybe I should go live under a rock because clearly I’ve been traumatized repeatedly

I’m just as scared to catch covid. Just so everyone knows. I cant function or be normal and wear a mask everywhere and limit going places and make my family covid test every time we get a cough.

I guess heart skips wouldn’t be as bad as low oxygen levels

But a low heart rate does sound just as bad a low oxygen IMO and I saw a buddy mentioned that. That would remind me of my propranolol reaction and I can’t do that

ppl may be having reactions simply bc the immune system get ramped up..any chemical changes can cause stress- and stress exacerbates symptoms.

Ok I'll make a deal with you...I'll get mine next week if you gets yours.....I'm serious.  ::)