Important Survey - Please Participate ×

6 Months Out

[Di...]
Posted (edited)

A 6 month update

Tapered and stopped an 18 month on/off Diazepam habit 6 months ago

I had no choice but to taper Duloxetine at roughly the same time,there was an overlap, and stopped them nearly 12 weeks ago

I felt better when tapering TBH and have struggled since being clear

The pattern now is, a week or so of normal good days and then a CRASH of no energy/anxiety and depression that can send me bed bound at times for 2 or 3 day...and so it repeats

I thought that perhaps this was just the new me going forward.....then I had the thought that just perhaps it's the Diazepam and Duloxetine still messin' with me

I'm struggling at times and always fearful of new episodes and if it were at all possible that the heavy duty withdrawals were at least partly to blame,well, that would help some.....whaddya all think?

Thanks and hope you are all well and coping

Edited to show that it was 6 months free not 3

xx

Edited by [Di...]
  • Like 1

[Di...]

Anyone.....is it still early days and the WD's be responsible for moods?

[jo...]
2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Anyone.....is it still early days and the WD's be responsible for moods?

It is. I am 4 months off. Only a couple of weeks ago I was getting crazy mood swings. Intense anxiety, dark depression bouts, even euphoria. All over the place. It has settled now. For the time being anyway.

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Yea really good going on the taper and getting of that’s the main thing pal,.yea the mood swings are a b**ch,.I’m not of yet but experience the ups and down,it’s like the energy crash comes with the depression 2gether,and makes you anxious over it,.yea rest seems the only way to get through these parts,.it definitely sounds like bouts of withdrawals your having still.

[pi...]

Hello @[Di...],

Congratulations on being benzo and duloxetine free! Everything you describe is normal for withdrawal. Symptoms can wax and wane, that is the nature of this process. Additionally, tapering two drugs at once, even though one is not a benzo, can put a lot of stress on a sensitive central nervous system.

I don’t believe it’s the new you, it’s just the current you. As time progresses and recovery continues the real you will begin to emerge. Yes’m I think these drugs will mess with you until the system finds balance again. You are on the right track!

• Like 2

[Di...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks Guys....

I don’t believe it’s the new you, it’s just the current you. As time progresses and recovery continues the real you will begin to emerge.

That ^ made my day

Edited by [Di...]

[Le...]

i was ct benzos and so sick i quit a max dose duoloxatine shortley after that. i had a long recovery that really felt like waves every few seconds for months. by a year it was almost daily. year and a half kinda what you describe. over two years and i think i am just past what you describe. its milder but still there. maybe on a two week cycle. a week with less sleep but never none and lots other things. it improves non stop. 

makes me wonder if this is one of those new diagnoses that has been made up   fast cycling manic or whatever. 

i think side effects get diagnosed as illness often like my first WD was diagnosed as GAD. 

good news is it gets milder and less frequent everytime and i expect will go away completely at some point.