Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

I do not trust the 'new' mrna vaccine technology https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-woman-39-dies-4-days-after-2nd-does-of-covid-19-vaccine-autopsy-ordered. Im sure ill get all kinds of criticism from those who believe in it, but im not trying to change anybody's mind, just my opinion and articles like this one..

I think waiting for the autopsy would be prudent before stirring up fear on the forum, our members have enough to worry about.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

I do not trust the 'new' mrna vaccine technology https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-woman-39-dies-4-days-after-2nd-does-of-covid-19-vaccine-autopsy-ordered. Im sure ill get all kinds of criticism from those who believe in it, but im not trying to change anybody's mind, just my opinion and articles like this one..

I think waiting for the autopsy would be prudent before stirring up fear on the forum, our members have enough to worry about.

With all due respect do you really think the autopsy is going to ever say it's Covid vaccine behind it? big pharma..big money..maybe im wrong..not trying to scare anybody but we are a vulnerable population, people need to be aware of potential dangers....just my opinion

With all due respect do you really think the autopsy is going to ever say it's Covid vaccine behind it? big pharma..big money..maybe im wrong..not trying to scare anybody but we are a vulnerable population, people need to be aware of potential dangers....just my opinion

I think that's exactly what you're trying to do.  I've read just about every post by members on the Covid vaccine threads and I'm not seeing that we are a vulnerable population when it comes to this vaccine, I've not read any posts that make any different claims than anyone else in the general population. 

As for big pharma and big money, there is too much of a spotlight on these vaccines for any whitewashing of any significant issues. 

I was just answering a question asked by one of the members and stressed that this is only my opinion, if that's not allowed ill try to avoid it in the future..sorry..

Who on here thinks it's ok to lie and tell them you have a medical condition when you don't and are basically healthy just to get your vaccine early?  I think it's wrong.  I think those who are at high-risk of getting very ill or dying from COVID should be able to get their vaccines first.

Who on here thinks it's ok to lie and tell them you have a medical condition when you don't and are basically healthy just to get your vaccine early?  I think it's wrong.  I think those who are at high-risk of getting very ill or dying from COVID should be able to get their vaccines first.

I think honesty is the best policy.  :)

Pamster, I agree.  I heard someone say to lie and tell them you have a health condition since they check and take your word.  I would never do that either.  Maybe they should make people bring medical papers or whatever to their vaccine appt. to prove they have a health condition?  I wonder how many people who are healthy are lying just to take the vaccine that is intended for the high risk groups.  The vaccine is in short supply anyway. 

Becks, actually I think most of us in wd or post wd and still struggling, would probably be so sick and set back for months , if we caught the virus.  If Dr's understood, it would be considered a condition.

So yes, if you are struggling already with withdrawal, if you can find a way to get the vaccine, and your only way is to lie, lie.  And I don't feel like a horrible person, just one that believes in the vaccine and doesn't want any of us suffering anymore than we already are. 

Mary . I absolutely agree with , and back you up on your post .

Anyone in withdrawal from any drug has a medical condition and is not basically healthy . A compromised C.N.S. works havoc with every body system out there . We all know this but sadly we have to deal with the so called medical experts who have little understanding of the recovery process . It would be wonderful to have honesty , but the bottom line is that we have to do whatever it takes to get what we need .

Mary . I absolutely agree with , and back you up on your post .

Anyone in withdrawal from any drug has a medical condition and is not basically healthy . A compromised C.N.S. works havoc with every body system out there . We all know this but sadly we have to deal with the so called medical experts who have little understanding of the recovery process . It would be wonderful to have honesty , but the bottom line is that we have to do whatever it takes to get what we need .

Thank you brave rabbit.  That is totally how I feel.  I can't imagine adding a bad case of Covid to wd.

Or going into the hospital.  :-[.  I would not blame a single person in wd for telling a lie to try and keep that from happening to them.  Mary 🙋🏼😘😷

To return to the topic of sharing experiences about receiving the C19 vaccine ...

My spouse and I received the second dose of the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday around noon. Compared to the first dose, this one packed a wallop.  We began to experience symptoms about 12 hours after the injections.  We had pain and swelling in our arms as well as general muscle pain, chills, fevers, and nausea.  We were both very tired and didn’t have much of an appetite.  These symptoms continued for about 32 hours then abated.

To return to the topic of sharing experiences about receiving the C19 vaccine ...

My spouse and I received the second dose of the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday around noon. Compared to the first dose, this one packed a wallop.  We began to experience symptoms about 12 hours after the injections.  We had pain and swelling in our arms as well as general muscle pain, chills, fevers, and nausea.  We were both very tired and didn’t have much of an appetite.  These symptoms continued for about 32 hours then abated.

Thanks for sharing!  From everyone I've talked with (I know a lot of teachers, Doctors, EMT's and Nurses) this seems to be the course they all took.  All said that within 36 hours, symptoms are gone. 

I get my second dose on Wednesday.  I'm happy that I'm getting it as it's almost impossible to get here in PA (eye roll over how pathetic the rollout has been) but nervous about the symptoms. 

My brother-in-law made a comment to me yesterday that made me laugh and lighten up a bit .... "Lori, I've had hangovers that lasted longer than the side effects to the vaccine!"  :laugh:

Fingers crossed!

Will keep all posted.

Lori

Thanks for sharing!  From everyone I've talked with (I know a lot of teachers, Doctors, EMT's and Nurses) this seems to be the course they all took.  All said that within 36 hours, symptoms are gone. 

I get my second dose on Wednesday.  I'm happy that I'm getting it as it's almost impossible to get here in PA (eye roll over how pathetic the rollout has been) but nervous about the symptoms. 

My brother-in-law made a comment to me yesterday that made me laugh and lighten up a bit .... "Lori, I've had hangovers that lasted longer than the side effects to the vaccine!"  :laugh:

Fingers crossed!

Will keep all posted.

Lori

Thanks for reporting your experience Libertas, I'm sorry to hear you experienced unpleasant symptoms but glad they've eased and thank you Lori for the levity.  :laugh:

Fingers crossed!

Will keep all posted.

Lori

:laugh: :laugh:  Good for him, some humor lessens the anxiety around it.    ;):D

[18...]
I got my first shot of Moderna vaccine on Wednesday.  Immediately afterwards I felt a little lightheaded but that passed.  That evening I had a very sore arm.  The next morning I had some nausea and chills which subsided as the day went on.  Today I am having mild nausea and chills and some dizziness.  I hope all this passes soon.  I’m dreading the second shot at this point.

I got the second dose of the Moderna vaccine this morning.

I'm considering the side effects I feel part of my passport to a little more normalcy, actually doing my own grocery shopping, finally getting to visit with our vaccinated friends and sometime visiting family members in other states.

I'm pretty tired and a little nauseas, had a little nap already today. I plan to rest and let others do what I usually do (which is a lot)!

I'm considering the side effects I feel part of my passport to a little more normalcy, actually doing my own grocery shopping, finally getting to visit with our vaccinated friends and sometime visiting family members in other states.

I'm pretty tired and a little nauseas, had a little nap already today. I plan to rest and let others do what I usually do (which is a lot)!

Congratulations on being fully vaccinated pg!    :)

Hi scrabblegirl.  I also had a pretty significant reaction to my first Pfizer vaccine, but I think mine was partly due to the fact that I was in a full blown wave!!!!  My GP said it is not uncommon to have a negative reaction to a first dose, although most people have more of a significant reaction to the second dose.  But, the good news is that the symptoms will pass relatively quickly....sure hope so, as I am scheduled to get my second dose on March 20th.  Good luck with your second one!!!!

Ahhh I was thinking of you the other day PG - wondering if you had gotten your dose yet! Glad you were able to do it and you seem to be taking it in stride:)

I also got the vaccine this week, the astrozenica. ( I am from the UK) I have been improving in my symptoms during the last 5 months off etizolam.

But, since the vaccine I have had recurring shooting zaps down my legs, very little sleep due to muscle jerks, and a return to the restlessness and inability to let my body relax in bed at night. AAAh so frustrating. I am hoping this wont last so long as I had so much hope that I was returning to normal.

Has anyone else had a wave of symptoms brought on by the covid vaccine? :(

I got Pfizer vacc. over a week ago.

Have had significant symptoms:  crushing fatigue, body aches, dizziness, freezing cold, worse sleep. Also wheezing/ cough...  not had the wheeze before.  The cough comes and goes but it is worse.

Am considering not getting the second vacc.

Anyone know if I am protected  and to what extent, after the first? 

I am not thrilled that apparently people are having problems reporting adverse reactions to the CDC...  I tried to and not easy to navigate, would not take my email address, then asks are you "sure" you want to report?  Actually I'm not sure but think this info needs to be out there for people.

Has anyone felt bad from vaccine 8 days later?

Has anyone felt bad from vaccine 8 days later?

Nope. I'm almost 3 weeks out from my first Pfizer shot. I felt virtually nothing from my first one. Not even a sore arm. Crossing my fingers for #2.

Katz

Katz . I got my second pfizer shot a week ago . Nothing but a sore arm for a few hours . In one week I will be fully vaccinated . Yay !!!!!!!

Like Libertas, the second dose hit me pretty hard. I had aches, chills and nausea the first night after the injection with very little sleep.  I'm much better today, the injection was Friday.

The fact that I had a rougher time of the second injection did not change my mind about future immunizations, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

PG