Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

I haven't been active on this site for quite a few years. I've been off of benzos for more than 10 years, now. But, I am very interested to know how people in benzo recovery and post benzo recovery react to the COVID vaccines. I come here, often, to do searches of various meds and supplements to see if anyone has had any adverse reactions to whatever meds or supplements I may be thinking of trying. If there's anything I've learned from my benzo experience, it's that I have to do my own research on meds and medical issues. I've moved more and more toward natural medicine since my own experience with benzos. I am concerned that the COVID vaccine might have long term health effects years down the line. But, I'd also like to know if anyone here who has the COVID vaccines, who have been fully vaccinated for a few months, have had any ongoing, noticeable side effects. My main concern with getting the vaccine would be having it flare up anxiety or depression.

I’m still tapering (see my signature) and had both doses of Moderna several months ago. I had mild side effects and absolutely zero uptick in tapering side effects. I was genuinely surprised and happy that it was a nonevent.  I hope this helps.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

They'll be offering $100 to the unvaccinated here in my state as an incentive.  I'm still not getting it.

I can't blame you. That $$$ offer as coercion is beyond insulting.  >:(

I'm not getting the vaccine for health reasons.  There have been reports of blood clots in some and I've already got a diagnosed blood-clotting disorder.  I won't take the risk.

I haven't been active on this site for quite a few years. I've been off of benzos for more than 10 years, now. But, I am very interested to know how people in benzo recovery and post benzo recovery react to the COVID vaccines. I come here, often, to do searches of various meds and supplements to see if anyone has had any adverse reactions to whatever meds or supplements I may be thinking of trying. If there's anything I've learned from my benzo experience, it's that I have to do my own research on meds and medical issues. I've moved more and more toward natural medicine since my own experience with benzos. I am concerned that the COVID vaccine might have long term health effects years down the line. But, I'd also like to know if anyone here who has the COVID vaccines, who have been fully vaccinated for a few months, have had any ongoing, noticeable side effects. My main concern with getting the vaccine would be having it flare up anxiety or depression.

Lamb

I got the J & J single shot at the end of March.  I had no sore arm at all and a couple of days of extra fatigue .  No extra anxiety or depression.  I am, like many others here, sensitive to many meds and was very nervous to get vaccinated. The vaccine has not seemed to affected me in any negative ways.

2cats

I'm good 3 weeks after first Astra Zenica.  Second shot in 3 weeks.  I weighted costs and benefits and decided I did NOT want to get Covid.  Glad I did now. 

I'm not getting the vaccine for health reasons.  There have been reports of blood clots in some and I've already got a diagnosed blood-clotting disorder.  I won't take the risk.

Risk of blood clots from Covid is actually 1000% greater. About 1/1000 who get covid acquire blood clots from covid where it’s more like 1/100,000 from the vaccine.

Yes, I have experienced a major flare-up in anxiety including heart palpitations, depression so bad I got a ketamine treatment, and my brain feels inflamed a lot of the time, like encephalitis. I have heard that 5-6% of the population is sensitive to the vaccine, and since I had these pre-existing issues, and am extremely sensitive now, I believe the vaccine inflamed my symptoms.

But, I am still glad I got it because I'd rather not run the risk of severe sickness if I got Covid. I just hope the vaccine lasts because I do not want to get a booster shot. I will draw the line at the two shots.

I'm never around other people.  I live alone and am housebound all the time.

I'm sorry about your isolation, Becks. I know you do the best you can, and you do a lot. Know that you are not alone in being isolated, but little comfort that must be.

I don't think the vaccine is for everyone, because there are people who are too sensitive for it or have underlying conditions that will leave them worse off. In those cases, its not worth it.

[72...]
I've already posted my experience here. Got the two doses of Pfizer. Ok on the first dose and kind of sick for two days on the second. I didn't go to work but I could have if I'd pushed it. What I learned with our condition is that quite often we get our symptoms flared up from what we consumed or get exposed to but most of the time this is mental. We keep monitoring ourselves all the time  and in turn we became sensitive to what happened around us. I finished my taper more than a year ago and what I learned is not to be too worried about what I take. Of course I try to be proactive have a clean diet etc etc but moderation on everything is the key and more in how we think.

• 3 weeks later...
Had second shot of Astra Zenica today.  No problems so far.  Absolutely none with first shot, not even sore arm.  Get vaccinated is my advice.  :thumbsup:

I've got 2 doses for the Pfizer vaccine few months ago. Had an arm pain and a fever for 2-3 days after each dose and since then no other noticeable side-effects.

Has anyone had a return of, an increase in, or a new onset of vestibular or vertigo symptoms with any of the Covid vaccines?

Or with Covid itself?

I haven't had the vaccine myself. I'm just wondering.

Came across this on the VEDA website. This is a very large, reputable, well known support group for vestibular (vertigo/dizziness) disorders.

These are folks talking about vestibular side effects from the Covid vaccines. Some of them did not have vestibular issues prior to the vaccine. It's 484 pages long!

Here's the link to the Vestibular symptoms from the vaccines: 

https://vestibular.org/forum/dizziness/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/

I think it's important to mention this on the benzo buddie forum because many folks deal with vertigo/dizziness/tinnitus/balance issues when taking benzos, tapering, in tolerance, or withdrawal.

- Miss Fortitude

Got my Moderna 3rd vaccine on 8/21/21 (yes, qualified for it). Sore arm, 102.6 temperature, shivered all night  down to 101.6 on 8/22/21. Grateful to have gotten the vaccine, I have tracked my antibody numbers (blood tests) and my numbers had gone down by 30% three months after my second vaccine. Hoping to be back to my tapering self tomorrow. I did not hold or do anything differently with my tapering for the shot.

My vaccine reaction was quicker after the 3rd shot and more than the first two. Still worth getting it.

I was back to normal about 30 hours after the shot. No impact on any WD stuff. I had a full day yesterday and had tons of fun.

Got my Moderna 3rd vaccine on 8/21/21 (yes, qualified for it). Sore arm, 102.6 temperature, shivered all night  down to 101.6 on 8/22/21. Grateful to have gotten the vaccine, I have tracked my antibody numbers (blood tests) and my numbers had gone down by 30% three months after my second vaccine. Hoping to be back to my tapering self tomorrow. I did not hold or do anything differently with my tapering for the shot.

My vaccine reaction was quicker after the 3rd shot and more than the first two. Still worth getting it.

I was back to normal about 30 hours after the shot. No impact on any WD stuff. I had a full day yesterday and had tons of fun.

Thanks for letting us know about the 3rd dose.  I had a pretty strong but short lived reaction to the 2nd Moderna dose so it's good to know what I might expect with the 3rd.  I will be in line for mine when I am eligible.  :smitten:

Thanks for this post!  I get my Moderna booster on Friday and I'm a bit anxious.  Will keep you all posted after the shot.  Fingers crossed! 

Here is a simplified version of how the mRNA vaccines are supposed to work. The hyperlinks in the article will take a person to more detailed and science based descriptions:

"Immunity To COVID-19 Could Last Longer Than You'd Think"

August 30, 2021 6:20 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/30/1032520934/immunity-to-covid-19-could-last-longer-than-youd-think

And there is this article from Israel:

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israeli-experts-analyze-if-mrna-covid-vaccines-be-dangerous-in-long-term-678171

My husband that is not on benzos got his 3rd shot of Pfizer on 8/28/21. He had a sore arm and was tired, nothing lasted more than 24 hours.

I have been putting mine off as I had an anaphylaxis in breast cancer surgery in May, thus back on lorazepam. I have had a nasty experience with a schedule my oncologist laid out that was far too rapid. I feel the vaccine might exacerbate all my most troubling symptoms, headache, anxiety, changes in BP, gut issues. Now doing a 6 week slow taper.

But I am going ahead because I don't want to get COVID either that will probably worse than this. I have little faith but powerless to know what might be worse.

I too had breast cancer. Was diagnosed the same month I took my last crumb of benzos(Ambien last one to taper). Was too sick from those drugs to get a diagnosis any sooner. Consequently, the stage of the cancer had jumped I'm sure from when I discovered it...the lump was initially quite small. I had rapidly lost close to, if not, 50 pounds.

I understand your concern. I don't want to sway you one way or the other, but if it was me, I would get the shot. Sorry you are dealing with this decision, plus everything else you stated in your post. Hope all turns out well for you, regardless of your decision.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

"The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online

Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines."

https://252f2edd-1c8b-49f5-9bb2-cb57bb47e4ba.filesusr.com/ugd/f4d9b9_750e5af82aea4920a270b1c5a8b094c2.pdf

"THE DISINFORMATION DOZEN

WHO WE ARE: CCDH is a UK/ US non-profit that disrupts the spread of digital hate and misinformation. Anti-Vax Watch is an alliance of concerned individuals who are seeking to educate the American public about the dangers of the anti-vax industry.

THE DISINFORMATION DOZEN reveals that just twelve individuals and their organizations are responsible for the bulk of anti-vaxx content shared or posted on Facebook and Twitter. The majority of the Disinformation Dozen remain on major social media platforms, despite repeated violations of their terms of service.

."

The latest info coming out of Israel is rather worrisome. With over 80 % of their total pop double vaccinated, nothing is going according to plan. This is not fear-mongering; just take a look at their data, the numbers don't lie. Now they're saying that boosters until the end of time are inevitable. They've just authorized a fourth. I have no idea where this is going but it's not an ideal situation, all things considered. People need to be very careful, especially with an experimental mRNA vaccine.

People need to be very careful, especially with an experimental mRNA vaccine.

???

I've read the stories out of Israel, too. So? Are you frightened/disappointed that we weren't one and done with the Covid vaccine? Speaking just for me, I'll take as many jabs as necessary to keep myself safe.

What's the alternative, doriia? And what do you mean by being "very careful"? That sure sounds like scare-mongering to me.

>:(

Katz

???

I've read the stories out of Israel, too. So? Are you frightened/disappointed that we weren't one and done with the Covid vaccine? Speaking just for me, I'll take as many jabs as necessary to keep myself safe.

What's the alternative, doriia? And what do you mean by being "very careful"? That sure sounds like scare-mongering to me.

Katz

It is very easy for people to say this who had no issues with the covid vaccine, but for those who are having a month or two of setbacks in their withdrawal from the Covid vaccine (Yes there are some people like this on this forum.) For them,  this is a HORRIBLE situation. Of course people in withdrawal who have a hard time want a "one & done". Geeze. Have some empathy.

???

Katz

It is very easy for people to say this who had no issues with the covid vaccine, but for those who are having a month or two of setbacks in their withdrawal from the Covid vaccine (Yes there are some people like this on this forum.) For them,  this is a HORRIBLE situation. Of course people in withdrawal who have a hard time want a "one & done". Geeze. Have some empathy.

My daughter is a physician; her unvaccinated 30 something friend recently died from Covid-19 related complications. My daughter misses her friend; she also grieves that she did not get vaccinated to help protect herself and others around her. That is empathy.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-17/vaccinated-covid-doctor-shot