Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

I've suffered from crippling health anxiety for most of my life and this has drastically intensified during my withdrawal. I received the J & J vaccine on Sunday night and woke up this morning to find out it is being paused over blood clot concerns in women. So that's awesome. I wanted to report my experience with it so far. I've had pretty significant arm pain and felt a little icky with a slightly elevated temp on Monday. My husband received it at the same time and spiked a fever of 102 before we gave him ibuprofen to bring it down. He is doing much better today but it has been discouraging to now have to monitor myself for a potential serious problem. I now have to face one of my biggest fears about going through this process.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

I've suffered from crippling health anxiety for most of my life and this has drastically intensified during my withdrawal. I received the J & J vaccine on Sunday night and woke up this morning to find out it is being paused over blood clot concerns in women. So that's awesome. I wanted to report my experience with it so far. I've had pretty significant arm pain and felt a little icky with a slightly elevated temp on Monday. My husband received it at the same time and spiked a fever of 102 before we gave him ibuprofen to bring it down. He is doing much better today but it has been discouraging to now have to monitor myself for a potential serious problem. I now have to face one of my biggest fears about going through this process.

I hope this helps ease your mind.  A note I recieved from my physician friend regarding the J&J vaccine:

The risk of developing blood clots in the general public is about 0.1%.

The risk of developing clots if you are a woman on birth control is between 0.3% and 1%.

The risk of developing blood clots after a serious case of CoVID is 20-30%.

The risk of developing a clot after J and J vaccination is currently .00088% (6 clots /6,800,000) doses given X 100).

The pause is necessary to collect data. However, remember my FAVORITE catchphrases of CoVID-19

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION

and

RISK-BENEFIT ANALYSIS

At this moment the risk of developing a clot by walking down the street is higher than the risk of developing a clot after vaccination.

If you have received J and J's vaccine, don't panic. However, if you develop any new symptoms within about 3 weeks of vaccination, let us (your doctors) know.

Again, the numbers are extremely small.

Thank you so much for that information. It does help to put things in perspective for me. I had so much anxiety going into all of this, especially since I haven't been feeling well for a while with stomach issues.  I appreciate the data on this and I will try to not think about it over the next few weeks. It is one of those things entirely out of my control at this point so I know obsessing about this is pointless.

Lori,

Can I just say you are so awesome!  I think ALL of us have health anxiety on this site. How could we not, right?  At the moment I can only concentrate on one health crisis at a time, and it is getting off this drug. 

Healing64 has posted about the importance of positive thinking, lets remember we have had some positive things with the vaccination.  Getting sleep for me was like going on vacation for two days!  Seriously, I never thought I would be so happy to get  great sleep!  We no longer have to fear getting the vaccination, that's over and we are all still here breathing and functioning.

I hope this helps someone else that it still on the fence about getting the vaccination. 

I will receive my first shot of Moderna tomorrow.

I do not feel well at the moment, in the middle of a renovation while working from home, sick dog, lots of dust and dirt and allergies. I almost cancelled but I am afraid the next appointment then I would receive a vaccine I don't like - that's why I will go there no matter what.

It will be interesting to see how my body handles it in stressful times though since I am definitely out of withdrawal and just in "normal" stressful period of life so to speak :laugh:

I will go there with a feeling of gratitude since I get the luxury of being offered a vaccination and others have to wait even longer. I know I will be anxious but I will meditate before, I was instructed by my doctor to prep myself with medication and take it right before the shot - it will be okey. And even if I get hit by symptoms I want to try to stay thankful and positive. I have seen too many people with Covid and long covid..

Marigold,

I will be thinking of you, good luck tomorrow.  I’m sure you will be fine.  Be sure to report back!

Thank you sea salt!

So happy because I got Biontech instead of Moderna.

I reacted immediately with nausea and dizziness which is still with me after 3 hours now, plus a mild headache. A little bit of a "drunk" feeling:-)

For me personally this is a mild reaction so far and the anxiety was way more intense.

As a tip I would persist to get the injection being seated and not standing. The option of laying was not given, but at least I could sit. The doctor wanted me to stand cause he said most people cannot relax the arm while sitting, well, I could and did not feel the needle at all. They used a so thin needle I did not notice when the injection happened at all.

I will come back in the late evening and report what's happening and in the meantime I will take an ibuprofen and drink lots of water.

++++

Now - 8 hours after the shot: I am just fine. A little bit of pain in my head but just like the pressure I get there on very hot days in summer. If I had not been vaccinated I would not even mention it at all. Seems I feel better with each hour. Going to bed now.

++ the day after the vaccination was fine, I felt more of my usual fatigue but that's it so far. I thought it would be much much worse, even my doctor is suprised I have not more symptoms. I am curious how long it will take to correct the fatigue and be back to normal, but I still was able to work. No comparison to withdrawal or allergic symptoms or anything else I dealt with.

Do glad you did it, I felt dizzy too and luckily I was seated for 45 minutes before they released me.  I am sure you will have some symptoms, but it will pass.  The great news is it now behind you and you can move forward.

So proud of you!

I am a 61-year-old, thin female with multiple health problems, including neurological and autoimmune. I am off my benzo and tapering Seroquel, so my experience is not about benzo withdrawal.

I just got my second Pfizer vaccine and am sooooo happy! The Pfizer shot was so tiny (tiny needle and quick) I didn't believe she had given it to me after my first shot. Then I got a sore arm later and was glad to know I actually got the shot. :laugh: I had no other reaction.

Waiting to see if I have a reaction to the second one. I have an autoimmune disorder, so any vaccine has the potential to really rev up my wacky immune system.

dscn3176.jpg

Whoooohoooo Gardie!  ;)

Marigold.  Glad you had somewhat mild symptoms.Now it is over! :thumbsup:

Yeah. So thankful. I will receive the 2d shot in 6 weeks and then I am ready for summer and I am not afraid anymore of people who don't wear masks or cough into my face at work...

Marigold.  Glad you had somewhat mild symptoms.Now it is over! :thumbsup:

Yeah. So thankful. I will receive the 2d shot in 6 weeks and then I am ready for summer and I am not afraid anymore of people who don't wear masks or cough into my face at work...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

x

I just wish that they speed up the process here in Germany. It is still going so slowly. We are still just vaccinating the high risk group - "normal" people dont have any chance. Just think of the people working in the supermarkets ... :-\

I am a 61-year-old, thin female with multiple health problems, including neurological and autoimmune. I am off my benzo and tapering Seroquel, so my experience is not about benzo withdrawal.

I just got my second Pfizer vaccine and am sooooo happy! The Pfizer shot was so tiny (tiny needle and quick) I didn't believe she had given it to me after my first shot. Then I got a sore arm later and was glad to know I actually got the shot. :laugh: I had no other reaction.

Waiting to see if I have a reaction to the second one. I have an autoimmune disorder, so any vaccine has the potential to really rev up my wacky immune system.

dscn3176.jpg

Whoooohoooo Gardie!  ;)

:D  You're vaccinated already, right, Mary?

Yep, I am in my third week after 2nd shot  :).   

[6e...]

Hi everybody!

I got the Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago with no issues so far. Waiting for the second in a week. I was on the fence for a long time deciding if it was worth it. My experience with drugs hasn't been that great. I was prescribed Cipro and and a benzo inside another medication and HELL started afterwards. So I really check what doctors prescribe. If I can go natural healing i will give it a try first. With the covid vaccine I use the simple reasoning from doctors this time "benefit out-weights the risk". It's been a roller coaster since I finish my second taper but I feel way better than before.

I encourage people to get the vaccine and don't worry about side effects. We here at BB are very sensitive physically but mostly psychologically but what what you get if infected may potentially be way worse than what we had.

Mice 

dscn3176.jpg

Whoooohoooo Gardie!  ;)

:D  You're vaccinated already, right, Mary?

Yep, I am in my third week after 2nd shot  :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: It must be a great feeling!

It is a big relief after the last year.  I know it is for you too.  Are both the kids fully vaccinated now?

I had the J&J vaccine this past Saturday. I happened to start a bad wave just a few days prior to my shot so I was nervous about it but I'm glad I didn't give in to the automatic catastrophic negative thoughts in my head and went through with it. Just had some flu-like symptoms for about a day in a half. Nothing too bad though.

IMO, they shouldn't pull it because of the blood clot issue. People should have the option to get 1 shot if they want due to the extremely low risk of it happening. I'm sure even the flu shot has complications in rare cases as well.

After one week from my 1st shot biontech I am still in a huge fatigue. My blood pressure is okey, but my pulse is low on 55. I feel very exhausted and tired. It has eased up on day 2 but then stayed on this horrible level. Has anyone made a similar experience? I made an appointment with my doctor but I am sure there is no cure for this other than waiting it out and hope for the best. But with every day in this extraordinary fatigue I am getting concerned.

:-\

Faltige is always my last thing I carry around, but this has a new quality. AFter 1 hour awake I have to lay down and rest. Annoying.

Hello Marigold1,

That seems very low, maybe you should call the doctors office and speak with a nurse?  I would be concerned as well.  I run low too, it most recently is about 95/56. I do take a b12 500mcg a day.

I hope everything is ok, please keep us posted.

Take care...

Marigold, mine is usually around 55 and my heart Dr is not worried at all, but if it is in the 40's, she wants a call.  But if you would feel better seeing a Dr, certainly do that.  Peace of mind means a lot.

:)

I am not concerned about the pulse itself, it is just showing that my body is fighting with a lot of things right now. I am concerned because I know when my energy gets locked. It is hard to explain.. but that's the point I have to do something. And I cannot lay around for such a long time because of my osteoporosis and other issues, I need to be on my feet.

But the weeks before the vaccination have been very very stressful. We had to renovate the sleeping room and I still am sleeping in the midst of the chaos on a small uncomfortable sofa and the hole lockdown situation made everything more complicated. No end in sight. And my period on top. And then the appointment for the vaccination which you should not shift or cancel.. my poor body :'(

It feels like my body is on strike. Like "nope! Enough. not this on top. nope." That the point when I don't have access to my energy any more, and I have to let go and surrender and then all the old crap comes up and I feel doomed and grumpy.

I will keep you updated about what the doctor says.. 

[6e...]

It's been three weeks since I got the 1 st dose of Pfizer and I relate a bit to the tired feelings. My Blood pressure is normally low and my heart rate has been really low too 110/60 and 55/58 Bpm. I don't think the vaccine is totally the culprit on all this. As you guys know the fact that we are monitoring ourselves all the time makes any normal symptom look abnormal. I'm physically well fit for my age and the fact that I'm following a good healthy diet make me sometimes feel a lack of energy. My doctor told me that low heart rate is normal in a person that lost weight and exercise regularly. I'll have my second shot tomorrow and my attitude is of "bring it on" whatever happen let it happen. It can't be worse than what we went thru at the beginning of this benzo nightmare!

I'll keep you guys updated!

Mice