Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Katz . I got my second pfizer shot a week ago . Nothing but a sore arm for a few hours . In one week I will be fully vaccinated . Yay !!!!!!!

That's great brave rabbit, by next Sunday at this time, I will have had my second vaccine  :laugh:

Hoping for your symptoms  ;)

I got my first Pfizer dose yesterday morning. I'm in a taper with a lot of physical symptoms so I was hoping that my symptoms didn't rev up at all with the vaccine.

I'm doing pretty well! My benzo-related symptoms did not get any worse. I had a very sore arm for about 6 hours yesterday, peaking around 11 PM. It felt much better when I woke up this morning.

I'm preparing myself for the second dose in April. I expect I'll have more fatigue, but I'll have a HUGE drop in my health-related anxiety not having to worry about contracting Covid.

Spin . Good on you for overcoming your fears . I had my last Pfizer dose almost two weeks ago so in just a few days I will be considered fully vaccinated . I cannot describe to you the overwhelming feeling of relief that this brings . Our fully vaccinated family will be visiting us at the end of the month , and for the first time in a year we will be able to hug and feel safe together .

The only side effect I had both times was a sore arm . A flea bite when compared to the horrors of withdrawal .

Spin . Good on you for overcoming your fears . I had my last Pfizer dose almost two weeks ago so in just a few days I will be considered fully vaccinated . I cannot describe to you the overwhelming feeling of relief that this brings . Our fully vaccinated family will be visiting us at the end of the month , and for the first time in a year we will be able to hug and feel safe together .

The only side effect I had both times was a sore arm . A flea bite when compared to the horrors of withdrawal .

That sounds so nice brave rabbit, happy for you and your family  :D :D.  Happy for me, you didn't have anything but a sore arm with your second vaccine  :laugh: :laugh:  Mine is Sunday  :D

I hope you post about seeing your family for the first time in a year.  :smitten: :smitten:

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. All I notice today is a sore arm, some body aches, and a vague crappy malaise feeling. Certainly nothing serious. On the scale of pain/discomfort, I'd give it a 2 out of 10. I was prepared for much worse. Now my whole family has been vaccinated (well, except for Bianca the cat lol) and in 2 weeks we will be ready to sally forth. A huge weight of worry has been lifted from my shoulders. Oh, and the volunteers at the vac site gave us all packages of Grandma's cookies and a nice yellow button that says "I Got The Covid Vaccine". Cute.

Best wishes to all,

Katz

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. All I notice today is a sore arm, some body aches, and a vague crappy malaise feeling. Certainly nothing serious. On the scale of pain/discomfort, I'd give it a 2 out of 10. I was prepared for much worse. Now my whole family has been vaccinated (well, except for Bianca the cat lol) and in 2 weeks we will be ready to sally forth. A huge weight of worry has been lifted from my shoulders. Oh, and the volunteers at the vac site gave us all packages of Grandma's cookies and a nice yellow button that says "I Got The Covid Vaccine". Cute.

Best wishes to all,

Katz

I had mine yesterday also and today is a sore arm, pulse a little higher than normal but it runs lower any way. Also feel a little icky and may have a fever but I refuse to check it right now. If I check it and if it is a little high I may freak out and I do not need that right now. :smitten: I am resting in my recliner and taking it easy today also.

Hope everybody stays safe!!

PG

Best wishes to all,

Katz

I had mine yesterday also and today is a sore arm, pulse a little higher than normal but it runs lower any way. Also feel a little icky and may have a fever but I refuse to check it right now. If I check it and if it is a little high I may freak out and I do not need that right now. :smitten: I am resting in my recliner and taking it easy today also.

Hope everybody stays safe!!

PG

Just checked and the fever is here!

PG

Best wishes to all,

Katz

That's great Katz!!  I am really happy for you and your family.  :D :D.  And cookies, what more could you want  :laugh:

Best wishes to all,

Katz

Great news Katz!! Onward towards a little more freedom, done wisely of course.  :smitten:

I recived my 2nd Moderna shot on Wednesday afternoon.  I felt perfectly fine until around the 12th hour.  Sore arm (much worse than the 1st shot), a lot of body and muscle aches, extremely tired, headache and general unwell feeling.  This all lasted for a good 24-36 hours.  Fortunately, no fever at all.

I woke this morning and all symptoms are completely gone other than the injection site is still tender but nothing in comparison to the first 24 hours.  I feel great today!

I'm in the throws of tapering off the last milligram of Xanax and I can honestly say that it did not cause any uptick in symptoms at all. I was genuinly concerned about the latter and pleasantly surprised at how well I'm feeling! The whole experience was at most unpleasant but definitly not horrible!

In a nutshell, it was totally worth it!  Good luck, everyone!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori

I recived my 2nd Moderna shot on Wednesday afternoon.  I felt perfectly fine until around the 12th hour.  Sore arm (much worse than the 1st shot), a lot of body and muscle aches, extremely tired, headache and general unwell feeling.  This all lasted for a good 24-36 hours.  Fortunately, no fever at all.

I woke this morning and all symptoms are completely gone other than the injection site is still tender but nothing in comparison to the first 24 hours.  I feel great today!

I'm in the throws of tapering off the last milligram of Xanax and I can honestly say that it did not cause any uptick in symptoms at all. I was genuinly concerned about the latter and pleasantly surprised at how well I'm feeling! The whole experience was at most unpleasant but definitly not horrible!

In a nutshell, it was totally worth it!  Good luck, everyone!  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori

Great post Lori!!   

Katz . What's up with Portland and no cookies . Wah, Wah .

I saw that Yo Yo  Ma had treated his fellow new vaccinees  to Cello music when they were in the obligatory fifteen minute wait period .

How cool is that  ? .

Katz . What's up with Portland and no cookies . Wah, Wah .

I saw that Yo Yo  Ma had treated his fellow new vaccinees  to Cello music when they were in the obligatory fifteen minute wait period .

How cool is that  ? .

BR, yeah I was shocked. The crummy little Linn County vac site (an exhibition hall at the Albany fairgrounds) was soooooo well organized. And they had cookies!! I was majorly impressed. Also, the whole thing took about 5 minutes. I have a friend at PDX who just went to a drive-through vacc event and waited 3 hours in her car! Sheesh. Maybe living in the hinterlands has its advantages.

But alas, no Yo Yo. That was seriously cool of him. Our vaccinators were blasting Journey in the waiting area. "Don't Stop Believing". Hmmm, were they trying to tell us something?

That God, it's all done.  Two weeks and I will venture out and sally forth and all that (still masked) and not worry about some yahoo standing too close as we're both reaching for the same avocado.

What a year.  :wacko:

Hope you are doing okay.

Katz

I’m scheduled to have the vaccine Tuesday. Having some serious anxiety, depression, panic from the fear... if I go through with it I’ll report back. I’ve been reading everyone’s responses, appreciate all of you

FYI - Hope everybody has been hanging in there today. I went and got my 1st shot (Moderna) today at Walmart @10AM EST. It is now 9:44PM = approx. 11 hours and 44 minutes ago. Only SX so far is a sore arm at the injection site. It is not the whole arm. Only the local area right around the injection site. I go back in about a month for the 2nd shot. :thumbsup:

FYI - Hope everybody has hanging in there today. I went and got my 1st shot (Moderna) today at Walmart @10AM EST. It is now 9:44PM = approx. 11 hours and 44 minutes ago. Only SX so far is a sore arm at the injection site. It is not the whole arm. Only the local area right around the injection site. I go back in about a month for the 2nd shot. :thumbsup:

:clap:  :D

(Day 2 Update) =  Thanks Mary. I just awoke. I slept ok last night. Upper Left Arm is still sore but no more symptoms other than that so far.

It feels great to be fully vaccinated . I talked to my BFF / sister - in- law yesterday and we are planning  for my next trip to the U.K. It won't be until next spring but it will happen . I love zoom but I need hugs and my ethnic food , greasy fish and chips and mushy peas .

So for any faint hearted out there . Suck it up and do it . The feeling of freedom is so worth it .

It feels great to be fully vaccinated . I talked to my BFF / sister - in- law yesterday and we are planning  for my next trip to the U.K. It won't be until next spring but it will happen . I love zoom but I need hugs and my ethnic food , greasy fish and chips and mushy peas .

So for any faint hearted out there . Suck it up and do it . The feeling of freedom is so worth it .

Oh, I am so happy you have made plans brave rabbit  :laugh: :laugh:    London is where my husband and I had always planned for our 25th Anniversary, but wd and Covid, that had to be on hold.  Hopefully one day.  I will have greasy fish , chips, and mushy peas when I get there though  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary . One day you will make it , and my wonderful country will give you a warm welcome . Greasy fish and chips and all .

This is the pay off folks for getting the vaccine . We have a life on hold waiting for us . L' Chaim .  :thumbsup:

(Day 3 Update - Moderna 1st shot)  =  Upper Left Arm is still sore but a lot less today than it was yesterday. The soreness is like what you get from lifting weights in a gym when you have not lifted in a while. It is not painful and nothing that you even need OTC pain medication for IMO.

Finally Phase 1 c in Delaware (USA) opened, and I got my appointment immediately at doctors clinic. Got my 1st dose of Moderna this morning. I'm normally cold due to benzo W/D, but I really developed chills a few hours later. It is one of the possible side effects. Starting to feel a dull, minor, ache at the injection site. Otherwise, okay. Next appointment is already scheduled. Just glad to get this 1st part done. Will be glad when I finally get the second one.

I have a question that hopefully someone here has some info to help me make a decision.

I am hyper-sensitive to vitamins and supplements since my rapid-taper off Klonipin. I cannot take a vitamin without my symptoms flaring up and debilitating me.

How do you think my system would react to a vaccine, knowing I am super- sensitive to stuff?

I want to get the vaccine but I am very nervous about debilitating repercussions.

Anyone here get a vaccine with a super-sensitive system?

I have a question that hopefully someone here has some info to help me make a decision.

I am hyper-sensitive to vitamins and supplements since my rapid-taper off Klonipin. I cannot take a vitamin without my symptoms flaring up and debilitating me.

How do you think my system would react to a vaccine, knowing I am super- sensitive to stuff?

I want to get the vaccine but I am very nervous about debilitating repercussions.

Anyone here get a vaccine with a super-sensitive system?

You might find an answer in this thread, which is dedicated to those who are sensitive. All the respondents are super sensitive and detail their reactions. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251787.0