• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Hi Everyone!

For those worried about the vaccine I wanted to share my experience. I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I didn't notice an increase of my normal PAWS symptoms. My arm hurts A LOT and I am using that as a good distraction from any other symptoms. I was genuinely worried and still am it will set me back. However my thought process was (please make a decision that is right for YOU) all the scientists, Ph.Ds (I work in biotech) were comfortable getting it, I trust them as experts and can admit I will not learn science over night and I don't have overnight to think about a decision, and my anxiety about getting COVID was hurting me more. I will update you in a few days to tell you if it caused a wave.

Best.

Hi Everyone!

For those worried about the vaccine I wanted to share my experience. I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I didn't notice an increase of my normal PAWS symptoms. My arm hurts A LOT and I am using that as a good distraction from any other symptoms. I was genuinely worried and still am it will set me back. However my thought process was (please make a decision that is right for YOU) all the scientists, Ph.Ds (I work in biotech) were comfortable getting it, I trust them as experts and can admit I will not learn science over night and I don't have overnight to think about a decision, and my anxiety about getting COVID was hurting me more. I will update you in a few days to tell you if it caused a wave.

Best.

It was a brave and wise thing to do Butterfly 🦋.  All the people posting on their vaccine shots and symptoms has really turned into a great thread, giving so much information and inspiration.    It's a shame all people don't have something like this available.  Good job !!  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘

Hi Everyone!

Best.

I’m so glad that you made the decision to get vaccinated. I agree, the fear of covid is greater than any WD symptoms the vaccine *might* cause. It’s so important that as many of us that can be vaccinated do so. Thank you. ❤️❤️

I am pleased to report that I had my first dose of Moderna last Wednesday and I had a very good experience. I believe that I had little to no side effects or symptoms besides maybe some fatigue, but that is normal anyway, so really, everything went well. I drank lots of water before getting the shot (and afterward) and put an ice pack on my arm for a few hours after the shot (I heard that helps) and I think that helped a lot. Either that or my shot was a dud! The wave of relief that swept over me was truly palpable over not getting side effects and also feeling fortified about getting back out in the world after thesis completed. I feel very fortunate to have no side effects. So happy to report this good news to everyone.

This is wonderful news, tatertot!! I got Moderna too and feel pretty good 1 week after my second shot (and the bonus of not being terrified of getting covid). ❤️

This is wonderful news, tatertot!! I got Moderna too and feel pretty good 1 week after my second shot (and the bonus of not being terrified of getting covid). ❤️

Thanks Kitsune! I'm so glad you responded well to the Moderna vaccine too! At first I only wanted to get the Pfizer but since Pfizer and Moderna are similar, I think, and it was available near me, thats what I got. I agree, it is a relief to know that our chances of getting a severe case of Covid are drastically reduced now (at least for the time being as variants are on the rise). But lets stay positive that this vaccine will help us out a lot!  :thumbsup:

I am now looking forward to getting the second shot to become fully vaccinated!

A big TIP to anyone regarding arm pain after shot.  I was told to keep moving my arm all day, and it worked.  I probably could have stood on a corner being a flagman and picked up some extra dough!  At any rate I’ve had no pain at all both times. 

A big TIP to anyone regarding arm pain after shot.  I was told to keep moving my arm all day, and it worked.  I probably could have stood on a corner being a flagman and picked up some extra dough!  At any rate I’ve had no pain at all both times.

Wow!!  Now you tell us  ;D:laugh: :laugh:  Good for you and now newbies getting the shot  :D

:D

Wow!!  Now you tell us  ;D:laugh: :laugh:  Good for you and now newbies getting the shot  :D

:D

I gave a pain killer creme on the skin right after it. These Grandma style cremes. Stinky. Or "voltaren gel".. You know.. I did not get any pain or sore arm.

It depends on the needles also. They used the skinny ones here.

Hey everyone,

I am 17.5 months out from xanax ct. Been through he'll.  I just got my 1st moderna shot today at 10am.  Did not even feel it and just a very lite sore arm.  Just like flu shot.

No issues as of yet

Hingie

Hey everyone,

I am 17.5 months out from xanax ct. Been through he'll.  I just got my 1st moderna shot today at 10am.  Did not even feel it and just a very lite sore arm.  Just like flu shot.

No issues as of yet

Hingie

Good luck Hingie, hoping that's only reaction you get!!  :).  Keep us posted! 

Well, this is weird. Yesterday I noticed a huge increase in anxiety symptoms, and increase in nuero-cognitive impairment. I was like a chihuahua on crack. Today a lump and red rash appeared on my arm right by the vaccination sight. My body feels electrified. Is it unusual to get side effects a week later?

Hopefully this subsides soon.

Well, this is weird. Yesterday I noticed a huge increase in anxiety symptoms, and increase in nuero-cognitive impairment. I was like a chihuahua on crack. Today a lump and red rash appeared on my arm right by the vaccination sight. My body feels electrified. Is it unusual to get side effects a week later?

I have heard them talking about these symptoms on the news.  It's a lymph node, if I am right, and while I am not sure it's common, people do have it.  I think a week later can be pretty common for things to pop up.  But as always Tater, if you are worried, go see a Dr.  Look up Covid 19 symptoms on a web site and I bet you can find that.  Love you Tater!  Thinking about you , please keep us posted.    :smitten: :smitten:

While I didn't get the lump in lymph nodes, I did get the 'famous' circular rash at the injection site. It didn't hurt and perhaps itched a bit. It faded with time.

Feel better soon.

pianogirl

Hey everyone,

No issues as of yet

Hingie

Feeling very good today  nothing abnormal

Hey everyone,

No issues as of yet

Hingie

Feeling very good today  nothing abnormal

;) ;) :D

Thanks Mary + Pianogirl!

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have heart palpitations, too but it seems under control. If anything worsens I’ll get checked out.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Love you too!

Hi Buddies.  Thought I’d share my experience to help add to thread here.  Approaching 9 months and was recently hit with my worst wave yet, reminiscent of some of my time during destabilization and acute.  The wave was at its worst until early this past week when things began to lighten up some.  I was scheduled for my first Moderna shot yesterday and was very hesitant all week, enough to contemplate rescheduling (partially benzo brain fueled fear in addition to not wanting to add insult to injury after a tough run).  Began having a few windows later this week and decided to proceed with 1st shot regardless. 

I’m now 24 hours later and have obligatory sore arm, a little fatigue and I am experiencing a small uptick in my symptoms again that had begun to fade—but nothing I can’t handle.  This may be the normal course of this wave regardless of whether I had the shot or not, but I’m just thankful the wave broke, it didn’t come roaring back, and I received my first dose to boot. 

Hi Buddies.  Thought I’d share my experience to help add to thread here.  Approaching 9 months and was recently hit with my worst wave yet, reminiscent of some of my time during destabilization and acute.  The wave was at its worst until early this past week when things began to lighten up some.  I was scheduled for my first Moderna shot yesterday and was very hesitant all week, enough to contemplate rescheduling (partially benzo brain fueled fear in addition to not wanting to add insult to injury after a tough run).  Began having a few windows later this week and decided to proceed with 1st shot regardless. 

I’m now 24 hours later and have obligatory sore arm, a little fatigue and I am experiencing a small uptick in my symptoms again that had begun to fade—but nothing I can’t handle.  This may be the normal course of this wave regardless of whether I had the shot or not, but I’m just thankful the wave broke, it didn’t come roaring back, and I received my first dose to boot.

Good to hear.  Hope you keep getting better.

I had a few of those acute like waves.  One lasted 4 three months.  Glad it's over.

Hingie

Go job Sunshine, crossed fingers your reaction is mild  :D :D

Hi Sunshine ☀️ thank you so much for sharing! I am set to get my first shot on Wednesday... this eases my worry some.