Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Got my first Moderna shot a week ago today and I’m still doing fine. No noticeable side effects.

Thanks for posting Stephen  :). Glad you are doing so well !  Mary

In spite of a minor wave and a rainy chilly day, I joined 3,000 other people to get my first Covid vaccination, supplied by Pfizer.  Three hours out and all is fine.  Will update later if there is anything of significance to report.  Second dose is scheduled for March 20th.  Happy to be participating as I definitely don’t want Covid, nor do I want to expose anyone else to it!  I hope your windows are open today wherever you are in our world :smitten:

In spite of a minor wave and a rainy chilly day, I joined 3,000 other people to get my first Covid vaccination, supplied by Pfizer.  Three hours out and all is fine.  Will update later if there is anything of significance to report.  Second dose is scheduled for March 20th.  Happy to be participating as I definitely don’t want Covid, nor do I want to expose anyone else to it!  I hope your windows are open today wherever you are in our world :smitten:

Great Gardenguru!!  Thanks for posting  :D

Hey guys, first Pfizer vaccine today!!  Didn't even feel the shot!!  No reactions yet, even laid on my arm for awhile during my nap, still didn't feel it.  If anything pops up , will post again.

Just wanted to say thank you to all who got your vaccine and posted it about it. .  Because of that, I wasn't even anxious.  That was because of all of you  :smitten: :smitten:

Mary  :D

So, no bad vacc. stories yet on BB?  Or just here?

I sometimes have horrendous symptoms, so the idea of MORE fatigue or MORE feeling chilly out of the blue... ugh.  I don't want to be the one who is pushed over the edge into worse withdrawal from vaccine.  I can get it this week if I want.  It would be Pfizer or Moderna one.

Or I can wait a bit since I don't see anyone.  hmm

Hey guys, first Pfizer vaccine today!!  Didn't even feel the shot!!  No reactions yet, even laid on my arm for awhile during my nap, still didn't feel it.  If anything pops up , will post again.

Just wanted to say thank you to all who got your vaccine and posted it about it. .  Because of that, I wasn't even anxious.  That was because of all of you  :smitten: :smitten:

Good news Mary. I know you were a bit worried but now your mind can relax knowing you did fine with the vaccine and are taking a step forward towards some kind of normalcy in the future.  :smitten:

Good news Mary. I know you were a bit worried but now your mind can relax knowing you did fine with the vaccine and are taking a step forward towards some kind of normalcy in the future.  :smitten:

Thanks PG!!    :D

I had the Pfizer vaccine (1st dose) last Saturday and am experiencing a minor headache.  Have headaches a lot so may not be connected to the shot.  My arm was sore for one day, now totally fine.  Good luck and happy healing to all :thumbsup:

I had the Pfizer vaccine (1st dose) last Saturday and am experiencing a minor headache.  Have headaches a lot so may not be connected to the shot.  My arm was sore for one day, now totally fine.  Good luck and happy healing to all :thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had the first dose of Pfizer on Wednesday, February 24th, at 3:45 p.m., and I’ve had no pain, but I haven’t slept well since. I sleep for an hour to 90 minutes, but it feels like I’ve slept for four hours. Last night, I was exhausted, and slept from 10:00 pm to 11:00 p.m., then 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., then 1:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. I stayed awake until 12:30 p.m., and slept until 4:15 p.m. I’ve been going along like this since Wednesday.

I figured it would just last a few days, but it’s starting to become worrisome. I’ve used Benadryl and Melatonin, and they just make me sleepier while I’m awake.

Also, my joints seem to be swollen and painful.

I was happy to get the shot, but I hope this goes away soon.

I got my second Pfizer vaccine 4 days ago, and aside from 12 hours of terrible chills and body aches, it's had no negative impact. It did not cause any additional symptoms or aggravate my existing symptoms.

I'm just so relieved to be fully vaccinated. I believe that the stress and isolation from the pandemic prolonged my recovery. Ever since I got the first vaccine my nervous system has been more relaxed, I'm sleeping better, and my anxiety has diminished. I believe that being vaccinated will be a huge step forward in my healing journey.

Hi

I got my first dose Pfizer vaccine yesterday-17 hrs ago. Aside from very slight, tender arm, I’ve noticed no uptick in symptoms. Just for the record- I’m very symptomatic from taper and wd, but there’s nothing new. Nothing worse

My husband, who takes no drugs and exercises 2 hrs every morning before he does physical work, has very sore arm he can hardly lift. Had to take Tylenol. Funny. Not funny. I guess sometimes  it pays to be a mushy, muscleless mess.

So glad #1 is over and done. Honestly wasn’t going to be vaccinated out of fear, but did it for my kids

Now feeling a sense of freedom. Ready to live!! and will have had second dose one week before I finish my taper. 💃🏻

xx Lilgma ❤️

Hi

I got my first dose Pfizer vaccine yesterday-17 hrs ago. Aside from very slight, tender arm, I’ve noticed no uptick in symptoms. Just for the record- I’m very symptomatic from taper and wd, but there’s nothing new. Nothing worse

My husband, who takes no drugs and exercises 2 hrs every morning before he does physical work, has very sore arm he can hardly lift. Had to take Tylenol. Funny. Not funny. I guess sometimes  it pays to be a mushy, muscleless mess.

So glad #1 is over and done. Honestly wasn’t going to be vaccinated out of fear, but did it for my kids

Now feeling a sense of freedom. Ready to live!! and will have had second dose one week before I finish my taper. 💃🏻

xx Lilgma ❤️

Lilgma, so thrilled for you my friend.  It is a freeing feeling.  :D :D.  LY!!

I had the first dose of Pfizer on Wednesday, February 24th, at 3:45 p.m., and I’ve had no pain, but I haven’t slept well since. I sleep for an hour to 90 minutes, but it feels like I’ve slept for four hours. Last night, I was exhausted, and slept from 10:00 pm to 11:00 p.m., then 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., then 1:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. I stayed awake until 12:30 p.m., and slept until 4:15 p.m. I’ve been going along like this since Wednesday.

I figured it would just last a few days, but it’s starting to become worrisome. I’ve used Benadryl and Melatonin, and they just make me sleepier while I’m awake.

Spend a good week staying off all supplements etc drink water and eat clean. Then monitor it after two weeks. It sounds to me like you’ve just had an uptick of withdrawal symptoms ie the ones that are hiding- we all have them. It will settle and you will go back to your baseline.

Shania

Spend a good week staying off all supplements etc drink water and eat clean. Then monitor it after two weeks. It sounds to me like you’ve just had an uptick of withdrawal symptoms ie the ones that are hiding- we all have them. It will settle and you will go back to your baseline.

Shania

Thanks, Shania. I think you’re exactly right. I wasn’t eating right before I got the vaccine. I was stressed, and not paying enough attention to myself.

Over the past few days, I’ve done exactly what you suggested: cut out all supplements, I’m eating clean, and only once or twice a day, and I started drinking water again, and things are getting much better. Last night, I slept 5.5 hours, and I’m starting to feel human again.

I got my first one on Saturday.  It did not seem to make withdrawals worse, although I had a bad headache the next day.  I have headaches every day though.