Important Survey - Please Participate ×

One symptom I'm still getting (intrusive thoughts)

[Al...]

Anybody else have intrusive thoughts, feeling like people are judging you, or taking the most trivial problems and putting them under a microscope set at like 1,000x?  If you had those and they're gone, how long did they last.  If you got through them, what were some coping skills you used to get through it?  I got them last time I tapered off benzos in 2017-2019.

• Like 1

[jo...]

I get these a lot when my axiety is high. There a very common symptom. Everyone I speak to says they subside with time. Dont worry your not going mad there a vey common symptom of this. One of the worst though imo.

[Ja...]

There quite hard to deal with to,.I kinda hyper focused on some thoughts and done my head in a bit before I knew what was causing them.

• Like 2

[jo...]

yeah their horrible, but common. Dont worry it's a symptom of withdrawl and they do go away. It's not you. How you permanently are I mean.

[Ja...]

Jonwil yea man I only learned that on hear bud about intrusive thoughts,.start of the year my head was done in,.to have insight and know what caused them was a huge relief bud.

• Like 1

[jo...]

They freaked me out too at first. Once you discover whats going on and that they go away it's easier to deal with them. Not pleasent though!

[st...]
Posted (edited)

When I started zooming in on something, obsessing, going ocd on it, I say “it’s not my problem anymore”, I walk away and start doing something else and it always works. I realized it was only because I wanted to get everything perfect.

Edited by [st...]
  • Like 1

[An...]
7 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Anybody else have intrusive thoughts, feeling like people are judging you, or taking the most trivial problems and putting them under a microscope set at like 1,000x?  If you had those and they're gone, how long did they last.  If you got through them, what were some coping skills you used to get through it?  I got them last time I tapered off benzos in 2017-2019.

Hey I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling. You may suffer ocd, I know that I do get them. But I remember having them pre benzos as-well. Is this new for you, or did you have this pre Benzos how long were you on benzodiazepines for ? Sometimes as we grow we go through more things in life and develop more mental health issues from past traumas. Hopefully it’s not forever, yes my ocd is 10000 x worse then pre benzodiazepines and pre tapering, and sometimes it cools down to nearly 90 percent gone after waves, but I also feel like I’ve had it for a long time 

[Le...]
19 hours ago, [[J...] said:

There quite hard to deal with to,.I kinda hyper focused on some thoughts and done my head in a bit before I knew what was causing them.

becoming aware and finding some ways to cope with this was an important step for me. 

On 10/05/2024 at 21:17, [[A...] said:

Hey I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling. You may suffer ocd, I know that I do get them. But I remember having them pre benzos as-well. Is this new for you, or did you have this pre Benzos how long were you on benzodiazepines for ? Sometimes as we grow we go through more things in life and develop more mental health issues from past traumas. Hopefully it’s not forever, yes my ocd is 10000 x worse then pre benzodiazepines and pre tapering, and sometimes it cools down to nearly 90 percent gone after waves, but I also feel like I’ve had it for a long time 

No I did not have them pre benzo first time I noticed them was in 2017 when I tried tapering back then.  They went away in 2019 after I was off them for a while.  And now that I'm off them again, for good this time (Last time I wanted to dabble big mistake), they're back.  I been trying to quit smoking but the intrusive thoughts have made it far more difficult than it ordinarily would have been.  I'm considering smoking again b/c I don't want to overwhelm myself.

dont smoke. quit slowly if you need to. use losenges or something if you need to.  if you stay as active as possible it is easier. downtime and quitting is hard.