I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

You're wrong. Not everyone can take vaccine for many reasons. One being SEVERE allergies to any component of the vaccine, or a severe allergy to any other variation of the vaccine. Why do you think Dr. Fauci has said many times that people getting the vaccine will protect people who cannot get the vaccine? Do you think he's making that up for the heck of it?

You sound like you're pushing the vaccine just because you've gotten it yourself already. Do you know how that makes someone who cannot take vaccine feel? Put yourself in their shoes. Have some empathy.

Not only that, many people have to wait quite awhile before they get the vaccine due to the supply, demand, and the roll out procedure, and many are worried about getting sick while they wait. You got your first vaccine already. You're lucky. Please be empathetic to those who have not yet or cannot. 

Oh good grief.  You are regularly a contentious know-it-all and that gives ME a severe reaction.

Hey, this isn't helpful in any way.  Certainly a small subset of people can not take the vaccine due to previous allergic reactions to ingredients or to other vaccines. I don't see where anyone is using bragging rights because they had received the vaccine. 

It's understandable that stress is high due to the pandemic, we've all had to adjust to a new normal.  Let's just stay respectful and supportive.

I know of many people who have received the vaccine with no side effects or just very minor ones. They are health care professionals who are in contact with the public on a regular basis. My daughter and her husband had their first dose and had just a sore arm at the injection site. My husband is in line now as we speak, he's 75 and got notification today that he could get the vaccine. 

pianogirl

Oh that's great for your husband PG!    :D

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

I need to vent.

My partner is in line for the week of Feb 7, and I'm due for my turn a week later. We just had a couple of successful mass vaccination events at the Uni's football stadium parking lot that went very well. Yay! BUT BUT BUT . . . our county just had ALL our doses yanked away to send to Portland to vaccinate teachers (who are due to go back to school in April. (April? It's still January. What about the rest of us?)  I don't know how to think about this . . .  except to be mad. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all want the teachers vaccinated and the kids back in school, but teachers are arguing among themselves about whether they even want to go get vaccinated, go back to in-person teaching yadda yadda.

I wish we hadn't been told about when "our turn" will be and then told, nope, just kidding. I've lost my patience with all this. I'm just feeling crabby. (Don't tell me I'm selfish . . . I know I am. Selfish and pi**ed off). When the doses of vaccine are scarce, it seems to me that decisions are being made about who's most "important" i.e. whose lives are worth saving. Evidently not mine. I hope this isn't going on in other states. It's a serious bummer.

Here endeth the rant.

:brickwall:

Katz

I need to vent.

My partner is in line for the week of Feb 7, and I'm due for my turn a week later. We just had a couple of successful mass vaccination events at the Uni's football stadium parking lot that went very well. Yay! BUT BUT BUT . . . our county just had ALL our doses yanked away to send to Portland to vaccinate teachers (who are due to go back to school in April. (April? It's still January. What about the rest of us?)  I don't know how to think about this . . .  except to be mad. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all want the teachers vaccinated and the kids back in school, but teachers are arguing among themselves about whether they even want to go get vaccinated, go back to in-person teaching yadda yadda.

I wish we hadn't been told about when "our turn" will be and then told, nope, just kidding. I've lost my patience with all this. I'm just feeling crabby. (Don't tell me I'm selfish . . . I know I am. Selfish and pi**ed off). When the doses of vaccine are scarce, it seems to me that decisions are being made about who's most "important" i.e. whose lives are worth saving. Evidently not mine. I hope this isn't going on in other states. It's a serious bummer.

Here endeth the rant.

Katz

I am from Germany, the great vaccine was made here and when the government told in summer 2020 how many doses Europe has ordered, I asked my boyfriend what?? For hole Europe? Are they unable to count? This must be a mistake.

Nope. It wasn't. I understand that there might have been reasons about which I do not get information as a normal person and maybe it was good to order less in summer. And I have my problems seeing very old people vaccinated when sick children are not getting it until all seniors over 100 years old have it. Who are in retirement homes which I personally would run in a different way to protect them - but that is all Blabla. We could rant all day long. On the other hand there are countries and groups of people who are still forgotten completely. It easy to freak out these days.

However, being a studied expert for communication and public relations I see so many mistakes the officials do when it comes to talking to the public. And as you said, promising things and then not delivering is a no go.

But I had a rough day. Tomorrow will be better and my mood as well. I hope. Hug!!

I need to vent.

Here endeth the rant.

Katz

I don't blame you for being mad Katz, if I had an appointment that got ripped from me, I would be pissed off 😡 too.  This whole dam roll out has been a disaster.  Tim and I keep trying to get through every time they have appointments, but we have had no luck.  You aren't selfish, you want you and your partner to be protected, that is perfectly understandable.  I don't understand why they can't get this straightened out  :tickedoff:  Love ya, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘😷😷😷🙏😷😷🙏

There's a big problem also with seniors and others who don't have or even know how to use computers and are not able to make appts. online to get their vaccine.  How will those who are not tech-savvy get their vaccinations?  There was a segment on the news the other night about this problem of seniors and others "falling through the cracks," as they say. 

Anybody taken the vaccine who is older and has had a miserable taper and still on .5 ambien?  I am off the valium!  I mean withdrawal is not behind me and I am one of the longterm worst cases on these boards for years.

Did anyone who already has vibrations, phobias, fatigue, insomnia, fluctuating vision/ tinnatus, dysphoria, confusion, mood swings etc  take this vaccine?  If someone can point out those posts to me, or if they know and contact me, would be much appreciated.

If I were healthy, yes, would get vaccine in a heartbeat.

Thanks.

Anybody taken the vaccine who is older and has had a miserable taper and still on .5 ambien?  I am off the valium!  I mean withdrawal is not behind me and I am one of the longterm worst cases on these boards for years.

Did anyone who already has vibrations, phobias, fatigue, insomnia, fluctuating vision/ tinnatus, dysphoria, confusion, mood swings etc  take this vaccine?  If someone can point out those posts to me, or if they know and contact me, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

There is a member of the protracted board who is offering updates about receiving the vaccine, the report is  :thumbsup:.

Thanks.

I am still in withdrawals only 4 months out. I got the vaccine on January 12th. I wouldn’t say I am older, I’m in my late 30’s so I’m getting there. Lol. But I had a minor uptick in an already existing headache, higher blood sugars for a couple of hours, and I was pretty fatigued for 48 hours. That was it.

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 3 days ago and have had 0 side effects (just a sore arm). I'll report back after my second dose.

Thank you for those replies...  guess vaccine is being tolerated ok by a few people on these boards now.

Is this the only link for discussion?  I ask cuz I cannot find this topic at all from the mainscreen... since there was a reply, I got an email it was here.

Thanks.

Ha, did a search and wound up here again.

Is this the only discussion of Covid vaccine?  If so, have many people IN bad withdrawal,  seniors, gotten it and were ok/ sick??  My body is very, very fragile.  Still have the vibrations/ eye/ ear/ insomnia/ phobic/ pressure/ rashes and burning skin issues, among others.

Thanks.  Pls. PM me, someone if there is more info elsewhere?  Seems just a few have tried it yet?  thx.

I got the first dose of the c19 vaccine today (Moderna).  No problems so far, not even a sore arm.

Great news..!! -Gotta protect our BB assets..!! :) (not to exclude anyone else either though)

I got the first dose of the c19 vaccine today (Moderna).  No problems so far, not even a sore arm.

Oh that's so great L!!  I am so happy for you.  Please let us know how the second shot goes.  After that, I am sure a mission will pop up for you!    :laugh:;D.  LY, M.  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😷♥️

I have had both doses of the Moderna covid vaccine.  The first shot was a non event, with some minor arm soreness and nothing else.  The second shot I had less arm tenderness, but did have some flu type symptoms with chills and body aches for 24-36 hours.  Moderate and nothing I couldn't handle.  Where I am located, the process is well organized and things went without a hitch, with the limiting factor being availability of the vaccine.  I had to register with our local Health Department and wait for a appointment.  I am grateful and relieved that such a vaccine exists and it became available to me.  Hopefully,  this helps anyone still trying to decide whether to take it or not.

XX

She

I have had both doses of the Moderna covid vaccine.  The first shot was a non event, with some minor arm soreness and nothing else.  The second shot I had less arm tenderness, but did have some flu type symptoms with chills and body aches for 24-36 hours.  Moderate and nothing I couldn't handle.  Where I am located, the process is well organized and things went without a hitch, with the limiting factor being availability of the vaccine.  I had to register with our local Health Department and wait for a appointment.  I am grateful and relieved that such a vaccine exists and it became available to me.  Hopefully,  this helps anyone still trying to decide whether to take it or not.

XX

She

That's great She, thank you so much for posting.    :smitten:

Were any of the people getting this in a pretty severe withdrawal when they got it?  Like vibrations, intense fatigue, can't move out of bed, depersonalization, etc? 

Thanks.

Were any of the people getting this in a pretty severe withdrawal when they got it?  Like vibrations, intense fatigue, can't move out of bed, depersonalization, etc? 

Thanks.

I am!  And I'm getting it on Wednesday.  Will keep you posted.  Right now I'm praying it's a "better day" symptom wise on Wednesday! 

Lori

I got my first dose of the Moderna Covid 19 vaccine today. I signed up at Walgreens and the process went very smoothly, I didn't have to wait outside an hour like my husband did when he went to the county health department.

I feel fine, I'm tired, but I also trudged up and down hills yesterday taking my granddaughter sledding!  It was great fun but I feel my 70 years today.