Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

I’ve finished the lost queen! So good!! Loved it x nice pick WW! I’m onto the sequel, looking forward to hearing more about these characters. The 3rd book doesn’t come out until 2023. I’m gunna need to read them all over again before it comes out!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Chawton was where her brother lived, he was adopted by a very rich family. Showed house where she lived with mother and sister, was very modest. Think she's buried in Winchester cathedral seem remember seeing  a flagstone dedicated to her there. The woman in window throwing in a new twist so getting better.

Think Chawton was where her brother lived, he was adopted by a very rich family. Showed house where she lived with mother and sister, was very modest. Think she's buried in Winchester cathedral seem remember seeing  a flagstone dedicated to her there. The woman in window throwing in a new twist so getting better.

She lived in chawton for a time with her brother in the house but also in the cottage, she wrote 3 of her novels there. She also lived in bath for a while. I’d love to visit chawton one day.

Bath is lovely, the place to visit is the cottage on the Chawton estate where she lived with her mother. It's quite small but still got the chair and writing desk where she wrote her books. Was very strange her brother got adopted by a wealthy family, but didn't seem like she ever had much money in her lifetime. Still not sure about woman in window butI'll carry on until end.

Yes she also had a brother with special needs that was farmed off. Poor fella. I guess life was hard for unmarried women in those days.

Anyone who reads the lost queen I highly suggest reading the sequel the forgotten kingdom. It is excellent. If this story doesn’t become a series I’ll be very suprised x

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m starting Winter Garden today. I only have 11 days left to read it, so I better get to it! 😆

Nice kits. I’m sure u will be fine. U could probably read 3 books in that time. It’s been pouring here so I’ve been reading lots. I will be finished the lost kingdom today, and I’m already sad that I will have to wait 2 years to see what happens! Great series! I’m half way through the skylarks secret audiobook and I’m absolutely loving it too. It’s a lovely read but I think something sad is coming. Great pick ladyden xx

I’ll be starting the 4 winds tonight. I have the audiobook and paperback so I’ll smash thru it hopefully.

Happy reading girls x

Have any of u girls read the mists of Avalon? I’ve loved the lost queen so much I’m going to borrow the mists of Avalon to read. Spose to be a similar plot .

God I would raid ur books I just know it! How many books do u have at ur place?

Yes I’m going to read it... I think it sounds pretty awesome x

I have over 100 in my kindle library that I haven’t read (Mists of Avalon is one of them). Then I probably have another 200-300 physical books. In Japan they have a word for people who have more books than they will ever read, the word is tsundoku. I find having all these books inspires me to read more. It would be so great if we all lived close to each other and could actually do book club in person.

Holy moly!! thats alot of books! Yeah my friends don't really love books like I do, and if they do they're stuck in their genre. I would love to rifle thru your library kits!

Hello ladies!

Hope everyone is happily reading. I took a detour from the list to read John Grisham’s “A Time For Mercy” that came in at the library.  If you’re a Grisham fan, it’s good!

Just got The Light After the War and The Secrets We Kept from the library and already have The Skylark’s Secret on my Kindle, so I will read those next.

I haven’t been on lately.  Going through a bad patch right now with a lot of pain but did manage to get some spring flowers in my window boxes and set out the patio and porch furniture! We’ve had a stretch of warm weather here in SW Ohio.  Going back to normal temps in a few days though.

Hope you’re all doing well! Where’s everyone at in their reading?

I finished skylarks secret. Such a beautiful story I loved it x nice pick ladyd x

Fiona Valpy is one of my new favorite authors!  You will like her other books too.

Hello ladies!

Hope everyone is happily reading. I took a detour from the list to read John Grisham’s “A Time For Mercy” that came in at the library.  If you’re a Grisham fan, it’s good!

Just got The Light After the War and The Secrets We Kept from the library and already have The Skylark’s Secret on my Kindle, so I will read those next.

I haven’t been on lately.  Going through a bad patch right now with a lot of pain but did manage to get some spring flowers in my window boxes and set out the patio and porch furniture! We’ve had a stretch of warm weather here in SW Ohio.  Going back to normal temps in a few days though.

Hope you’re all doing well! Where’s everyone at in their reading?

So glad u enjoyed ur book 2 cats! I haven’t read any Grisham but I’ve enjoyed the movies based on his books. So glad it’s starting to warm up for u guys there now! It’s starting to get cooler here now, although we are still swimming while we can. Usually by the start of may it’s too cold so only a few more weeks for us.

So sorry u aren’t feeling well x I figured a lot of us are having a hard time it’s been very quiet here lately xx

I’m up to chapter 13 of the four winds. It’s great so far! I just watched a movie about the dust bowl era the other night. So awful what those farmers went thru. I jumped ahead to read this because there’s massive cues for this book so I got it while I could. I also got my copy of wonderful tonight from USA so it’s ready to go.

I’ll be reading the secrets we kept next, then winter garden and all the light we cannot see, then I’ll be finished our first 10!

All great picks girls!!! Loved them!!

Current picks! As always, there’s no rush and it’s fine to read them out of order (several of us are  :laugh: :laugh:). Sending you all love and light! ❤️🌸❤️🌸❤️

#1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

#2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

#3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

#4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

#5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

#6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

#7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

#8 The Skylark’s Secret - Fiona Valpy

#9 The Secrets We Kept - Lara Prescott

#10 All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr

#11 The Four Winds - Kristin Hannah

Thanks, kits , for continuing to post this list! :).

Started The Light After the War last night.  Love it so far. :thumbsup:

Thanks kits! So much more visible this way. All great books.

I’m glad ur enjoying it 2 cats. I noticed she wrote another one called lanas war. So many stories from the war years x

I’m up to chapter 25 of the four winds. U girls will love this one. I really like the way Kristen Hannah writes. I’m looking forward to reading winter garden x

Thanks kits! So much more visible this way. All great books.

I’m glad ur enjoying it 2 cats. I noticed she wrote another one called lanas war. So many stories from the war years x

I’m up to chapter 25 of the four winds. U girls will love this one. I really like the way Kristen Hannah writes. I’m looking forward to reading winter garden x

My sister is in a “Zoom” book club and they are reading The Four Winds.  Since the subject matter is the same we started talking about “The Grapes Of Wrath” by John Steinbeck.  That was one of the “classics “ that I never read in high school so read it a few years ago.  I had known about the Dust Bowl and the Depression but that book really opened my eyes up to the severe hardships faced by those people.  Imagine watching your children die in their beds because they had no food.

Makes me cringe about times that I complain about not having ice cream or fresh fruit in the house (or whatever).

I think the saddest part is that people didn’t want to help them! Their own people! Disgraceful. Typical of people with money to look down on those without. Being poor doesn’t make people bad. Imagine watching ur child dying from his lungs being clogged with dust! I have honestly been in tears several times while I’ve been reading this. Makes u think how lucky we are.

Omg I just finished 4 winds. I balled at the end. Soooo sad. Excellent book but heartbreaking. X  :'(

Oh man. I’m glad I wasnt listening to it while I was walking else I would have been crying as I walked and people would have been like... girl is losing her mind  :laugh: