Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

I thought Anna was taking way too many pills to be remotely functional.  Can you imagine her crash coming off of them.  Yikes!

Thedoctorisin... that is so funny! 

Two days Shayna!  Wow, you beat me!  It took me 3.

Secret Life of Trees sounds great July.  I had read that they were able to communicate to each other of dangers.  That is so amazing.  It makes me want to go out in my yard and hug them all!  Another book for my expanding list!

Oh yes, you have been reading 'The Woman in the Window'! I read it a few months back, but what's with me with finding books dragging on too much? I have to say I did not like it. Perhaps it's me going through phases in WD, sometimes just being annoyed by things, you know? Anyhow OMG yes, Anna was on way too many pills, Goodness lol, taking one, two, none, ten, none again, and topping things up with alcohol! What great fiction lol :D

I'm glad you like my suggestion, Guinea Pig  :thumbsup: I hope you enjoy The Hidden Life of Trees when you come to it! In the meantime, let's all go hug some trees  ;D:D lol!

Love and Hugs,

Julz xx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear from u julz xx Thanku for the kind thoughts. Things have been a bit bumpy yes x but I’m just trying to focus on the end goal x

I’m glad u are still enjoying ur reading. I have trouble sometimes too. For instance I was enjoying the light after the war, nice romance, then had to stop to read woman in the window coz I had to take it back to library, and now I’m back to light after the war I’m finding it frustrating! I don’t know maybe it’s after Anna’s sad story seeing everything fall into place in light after the war seems a bit unrealistic. I find myself thinking, that doesn’t happen! (Good things falling into place)

I don’t know but I think when ur in the middle of a book changing is a bad idea coz u lose the momentum!

I’ve heard of the secret lives of trees I’ll have to check it out x I’m so glad ur enjoying ur reading julz that’s wonderful x I’m looking forward to all the light we cannot see too xx

GP I think the reason I read it so fast is because it is absolutely pouring here atm. Non stop bucketing down, so not much else to do!

Current picks! We’ve read a few already so I drew numbers for a few more. As always, there’s no rush and it’s fine to read them out of order (several of us are  :laugh: :laugh:). Happy reading my lovelies! ❤️🌸❤️🌸❤️

#1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

#2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

#3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney {In progress}

#4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

#5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

#6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

#7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

#8 The Skylark’s Secret - Fiona Valpy

#9 The Secrets We Kept - Lara Prescott

#10 All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr

Yes awesome kits Thanku yay new picks!! So nice to do it at our pace and enjoy them x unless u are competitive like me and want to beat kits  :laugh: Fat chance of that happening really she’s a dynamo.

I’m almost finished the light after the war. It’s quite a nice read but like I said it’s a bit girly after reading about Dr Anna and her booze and pills .... crikey  :o

I’m having trouble getting winter garden so my next book is the lost queen! Super excited for a bit of Celtic fantasy!

Happy reading girls xx

I nearly got the sanatorium yesterday from the library. I so want to read it but I’ll do that soon once I’ve read book club books. Although maybe I should and slow down a bit so I can read along with everyone else. It’s a hot read anyway so I’ll only be able to have it for a week. Maybe I’ll go back to get it today, what books are u about to read kits x

I’m reading An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris currently. She wrote the True Blood book series. Then I have a book by Ethan Hawke and another historical mystery.

Oh wow they sound great x yeah stuff it I’m going to get sanatorium. I don’t want to get too far in front coz that’s not fun if I can’t talk about it with u girls.

Where is everyone at with their books? Are we still on wolves? I bet u guys are just enjoying spring right now! Must be a lovely change for u! Our entire area is flooding! The beaches are all closed, and we have another full day and night of it to go. My friend can’t leave her house at all. She’s completely flooded in. There’s a break tomorrow luckily

https://www.mygc.com.au/full-list-roads-flooded-as-heavy-rain-lashes-the-gold-coast-2/

I haven’t even started wolves yet.......this wave has become a real bitch! But it won’t bother me if you talk about books on here! It still won’t spoil it for me. I’m so stinking slow! Ugh!!

That’s ok WW it’s so hard to focus on anything during a wave. Just look after urself. I know during a wave my cog fog makes it almost impossible to absorb anything I’m reading, and I find myself reading the same thing over and over. Or I read a chapter and have no recollection of what I’ve read. It sucks xx when u are feeling better that’s when u can get back on track x

I finished the light after the war. It’s a very sad book in some parts. U just think how do people survive such awful things. It has a happy ending tho and it finishes in Australia which was nice x at times it frustrated me a little because I thought it was too fast moving, but I did enjoy it x I hope u all will too x

I couldn’t get the sanatorium so I’ll just start the lost queen. I’ve got other books at home but can’t be bothered with any of them. I hope u guys are ok ... it’s been a bit quiet here lately x

Just started the woman in the window is it any good, slightly strange style writing but only just begun it. The Husband's secret was good, better than 9 perfect strangers that went bit weird at the end!i

Leann, Shayna and I both enjoyed the Woman in the Window. It’s got some twists that definitely made me stop and think “didn’t see that coming!”

The husbands secret was my fave by her Leann. I liked the quirkiness of 9 perfect strangers! Have u read three wishes? The last anniversary? Really good.

Yes I enjoyed woman in the window, took 2 days to finish for me, fastest ever for me so I really liked it.

Yay kits u finally got ur copy! I’m still waiting. But I ordered the second book in the lost queen series so I’ll be reading that once I’ve finished the lost queen so that will slow me down a bit. It’s called the forgotten kingdom. X

No haven't read them I'll order them. Anything for a bit of escapism at moment. 9 perfect strangers just got bit weird when they were all just left in that room. She is a talented writer though.

Yeah it is a bit different. I’ve read all but one of her books now. Yep I need the escape too Leann which is why I bury my head in a book most of the day

Hope you are doing OK. We are having a new conservatory put up next week so giving us  both something more positive to focus on and it's sunny today yeah!!!

We have already got one but quite old just replacing it with newer one. I do spend lot time there. Haven't been able to go on holiday for 2 years coz withdrawal and covid so going upgrade my chill out room!

Hello to all!

I just finished Wolves.  I liked the style of writing.  The story was odd but interesting.  Too much death for me right now.    Reading a book about a frigid, Canadian winter made me feel it!! But all in all I liked it! Good pick!

I am taking a quick break from the list to read a new John Grisham I got from the library. “a Time For Mercy”.......same characters as in his first book “A Time To Kill”. Attorney Jake Brigance, who in my mind will always be Matthew McConaughey because he played him in the movie!  ;D

Well, girls, I am getting a Covid shot in a few days,  I’m getting the Johnson & Johnson.  One and done!

Nervous about side effects but definitely don’t want to get Covid.

Happy reading,all!

Hello all. I've missed you. I'm having some personal issues so sorry I haven't been here. Also I have a new symptom popped up....neck tension. One word.....Ouch!!!! I plan on catching the next book with y'all.

2cats I think if I get the shot I'm getting the one and done too. Let me know how you do afterwards.

Happy reading everyone. Hugs !!!!

Hello all. I've missed you. I'm having some personal issues so sorry I haven't been here. Also I have a new symptom popped up....neck tension. One word.....Ouch!!!! I plan on catching the next book with y'all.

2cats I think if I get the shot I'm getting the one and done too. Let me know how you do afterwards.

Happy reading everyone. Hugs !!!!

So sorry about your neck pain! Hope you get some relief. :)

I will definitely let you know how I do .  I was really not wanting to get the two shot vaccine but I actually had an appt to get the first one of moderna when I got a lead on a pharmacy that had been using the J & J. I managed to get an appt there and cancelled the moderna .  Still a little nervous but am going to suck it up and get it. I’m already used to feeling pretty miserable so what’s a few more possible symptoms!  ;):)

We have already got one but quite old just replacing it with newer one. I do spend lot time there. Haven't been able to go on holiday for 2 years coz withdrawal and covid so going upgrade my chill out room!

What a lovely idea! make it everything you want it to be, u deserve it xx