Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

It’s funny you say that Shayna. I didn’t read much as a kid, but grandma, mom, and sister are all voracious readers. I started reading a lot more in 2017 and haven’t looked back.

Eric Stoltz and Michael J Fox look kind of similar to me (obviously Eric is a ginger so that’s a big difference). There’s been a lot of cases where I’m glad one actor got passed over for a role. One that comes to mind is Stuart Townsend. He was supposed to play Aragorn in the LOTR trilogy. I’m so glad Viggo ended up in the role. (Viggo is my favorite actor)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s funny you say that Shayna. I didn’t read much as a kid, but grandma, mom, and sister are all voracious readers. I started reading a lot more in 2017 and haven’t looked back.

Eric Stoltz and Michael J Fox look kind of similar to me (obviously Eric is a ginger so that’s a big difference). There’s been a lot of cases where I’m glad one actor got passed over for a role. One that comes to mind is Stuart Townsend. He was supposed to play Aragorn in the LOTR trilogy. I’m so glad Viggo ended up in the role. (Viggo is my favorite actor)

Oh wow no way viggo was perfect for that role. Cannot imagine Stuart Townsend as Aragorn at all. Have u noticed it’s on Netflix? I’m trying to talk my kids into a LOTR binge fest but they aren’t that interested. Which makes me very sad. Those books were everything when I was their age.

Oh wow no way viggo was perfect for that role. Cannot imagine Stuart Townsend as Aragorn at all. Have u noticed it’s on Netflix? I’m trying to talk my kids into a LOTR binge fest but they aren’t that interested. Which makes me very sad. Those books were everything when I was their age.

I hadn’t noticed it’s on Netflix. I own digital copies so I can watch anytime. We watched them all plus the hobbit movies with our son and loved them. That’s what inspired us to read the books to him (plus it had been a really long time since I’d read them and my partner has never read Two Towers or Return of the King).

I hadn’t noticed it’s on Netflix. I own digital copies so I can watch anytime. We watched them all plus the hobbit movies with our son and loved them. That’s what inspired us to read the books to him (plus it had been a really long time since I’d read them and my partner has never read Two Towers or Return of the King).

I think my kids would love it if they gave it a chance. I haven’t read the books since high school. We read the hobbit as part of our English exam then I went on to read LOTR on my own.

It’s so awesome ur son is enjoying them

I miss u guys too x I don’t like to put downer stuff on positive threads, or even on any threads except the one I create. No one needs to see that stuff unless they choose to.

Anyway I plan to read some today. Its raining here so perfect book weather x

Kits u little bugger  :laugh: thanks for letting us catch up xx

What are u planning to read while u wait?

Do u guys remember the movie some kind of wonderful? Eric stoltz was in it? Anyway I was so obsessed with that movie as a teenager and I found the book the other day, so I’ll definitely be reading that at some point.

Great idea for a movie to watch!  It’s been years.  Yep loved John Hughs movies although I was moving out if my teenage years by then but loved them.  I saw Pretty in Pink several times . Favorite was at the drive-in with my friends

I’m ready for chapter twelve in Walk in the Woods!  Love this book so far.  Great suggestion.  Need something funny now.

Shayna and kits , your heads are going to explode with reading so fast!  ;D:2funny:

I’m too exhausted to read that fast these days. With a book like Walk in the Woods I find that I have to go slow and savor it a bit.

Totally enjoying our books!  As always, glad I ran across this group!!

I miss u guys too x I don’t like to put downer stuff on positive threads, or even on any threads except the one I create. No one needs to see that stuff unless they choose to.

Anyway I plan to read some today. Its raining here so perfect book weather x

Kits u little bugger  :laugh: thanks for letting us catch up xx

What are u planning to read while u wait?

Do u guys remember the movie some kind of wonderful? Eric stoltz was in it? Anyway I was so obsessed with that movie as a teenager and I found the book the other day, so I’ll definitely be reading that at some point.

Great idea for a movie to watch!  It’s been years.  Yep loved John Hughs movies although I was moving out if my teenage years by then but loved them.  I saw Pretty in Pink several times . Favorite was at the drive-in with my friends

I’m ready for chapter twelve in Walk in the Woods!  Love this book so far.  Great suggestion.  Need something funny now.

Shayna and kits , your heads are going to explode with reading so fast!  ;D:2funny:

I’m too exhausted to read that fast these days. With a book like Walk in the Woods I find that I have to go slow and savor it a bit.

Totally enjoying our books!  As always, glad I ran across this group!!

Oh pretty in pink I absolutely love that and also 16 candles! Jake Ryan 😍

Uncle buck, the breakfast club, the great outdoors, Ferris buelers day off. Excellent movies

I really think that was a great decade. In all ways

I’m about half way thru wolves. It’s a great read. Glad ur enjoying woods 2 cats it is very funny. Have they met up with that female hiker yet? Hilarious x

Good morning book buddies. Okay so where is everyone at? I had a plan to be finished wolves by today but we had some family issues over weekend that took up most of my head space. Found it impossible to concentrate on my book!

Today is rainy here, actually all week it will be pouring so I plan on reading and digging in to some housework that I keep putting off. So when I’m doing housework I’ll listen to light after the war. And get started there. I have the book and the audiobook so it shouldn’t take long.

I have really enjoyed wolves, thanks Bess for that pick. I’m maybe 2 days off finishing it. Looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Yeah thanks kits. Just some sad family stuff but there’s not much that can be done about it really x but thanks for caring xxx

Ok cool I’ve gotta get off this lounge and do some work so I’m starting audiobook book now. It’s only 300-ish pages so it will be a quick read. So kits u should be finished by later today yeah? :laugh:

U little speed demon x

Bump! (I can’t remember the last time I bumped it, so bear with me) :laugh::D

Here’s the first 7 picks!

Book #1 In a Dark, Dark Wood - Ruth Ware

Book #2 Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

Book #3 The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney

Book #4 The Light After the War - Anita Abriel

Book #5 Winter Garden - Kristin Hannah

Book #6 The Woman in the Window - AJ Finn

Book #7 The Lost Queen - Signe Pike

Ok geez I might be in the lead for like 2 hrs then :laugh:

I’m having trouble getting winter garden at the library it must be fairly new?

Actually there are 3 holds on winter garden 2 copies and it’s due back in 2 weeks.

It was the 4 winds that’s going to be a problem. There’s 50 people in front of me!

If winter garden isn’t back in time I’ll just read the women in the window and the lost queen until it comes in x

Hi ladies!! I. So sorry I’ve been so absent! I’ve been busy with our home remodel and construction and then on top of that I seem Really really tired all the time. I am finishing up In a dark dark wood and will move on to a walk in the woods. I apologize for being so slow and out of touch. We are gearing up for a snowstorm here tomorrow so maybe I’ll get to lay around and do some reading! Hope you are all doing well. I’ve missed you all!  :smitten:

Oh wow remodeling x that’s fun x don’t apologize take ur time go at ur pace x there’s no rush x it’s for enjoyment so just enjoy the books x

What did u think of dark wood?

Oh wow remodeling x that’s fun x don’t apologize take ur time go at ur pace x there’s no rush x it’s for enjoyment so just enjoy the books x

What did u think of dark wood?

Im not quite done with it but I feel like I’m at a crazy mystery dinner or in a giant game of clue! Lol 😂  it’s slow at times and sometimes I feel like I should know the outcome. I like it though!

hahah x yeah its a bit twisty! enjoy the rest xx :smitten:

Have you ever heard of archies flip flops? I always see advertisements on my Facebook feed and they make me think of you because they are made in Australia. I was wondering if they are comfy? I also use Eleven shampoo and conditioner for my hair, which is also made in Australia. Funny how something from another country makes you think of certain people! I know it’s. Little off topic but that’s a benzo brain for ya! Lol  :laugh:

Have you ever heard of archies flip flops? I always see advertisements on my Facebook feed and they make me think of you because they are made in Australia. I was wondering if they are comfy? I also use Eleven shampoo and conditioner for my hair, which is also made in Australia. Funny how something from another country makes you think of certain people! I know it’s. Little off topic but that’s a benzo brain for ya! Lol  :laugh:

:laugh: I’ve been playing a video game called Animal Crossing and one of the villagers on my island is a Koala named Alice. Makes me think of Shayna when I see her. lol

:laugh: I’ve been playing a video game called Animal Crossing and one of the villagers on my island is a Koala named Alice. Makes me think of Shayna when I see her. lol

That’s funny Kits! I cannot say the phrase “the whole kit and caboodle” without thinking of you! Lol OR look at one of my books and wonder how fast Kit read it! Haha I have heard about animal crossing and thought about it but someone said I’ll be addicted and get even less done than I do right now! Lol 😂

I’ve never heard of them! We were haiviannas here (Brazilian) we also call flip flops thongs  :laugh:

Wow u get 11 there! Fair dinkum?!?  :laugh: That’s pretty cool!

Hello Club!

I’ve finished Walk In the Woods.  I’ve read it before but with my memory problems there was so much I’ve forgotten.  I tend to look up all of the places and facts that he drops so his books slow me down.  At first I think yes it would be great to do the walk, but the snakes, bears and crazy people makes me content just to imagine it.  That book was made into a movie with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. 

I’m struggling thru Tenderness of Wolves.  It’s a bit like Dancing With Wolves.  I know the background info is important but it’s hard to get thru.  Where are the wolves?  I jumped to Woman I the Window.  That was super good.  I kept thinking what a great movie that would be.  And wella it’s going to be.  On Netflix.

Happy reading to all!

Yes guinea pig , I finished Walk in the Woods a couple of days ago .  It was a hoot!  I loved how the writer mixed humor and real life experience with history and background.I’m going to check out some of his other books.

I’m just a couple of chapters into Wolves.  So far I like it.  It drives me crazy that the chapters aren’t numbered though.  I know, that sounds ridiculous.  ::) Lately I’ve come to like the slow starters with the backstory laid out.  My brain can digest it a little better right now.

My cog fog is at an all time high right now. :idiot:  I love spring but the changeable weather really seems to affect me. 

It’s great to hear how you guys are getting along with your reading and your comments about the books.