Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Yikes,...I used to love a good psychological thriller but don’t think I could handle this one right now but, wow, it has a great cast!  I was debating whether I was even going to read the book and decided to pass on it right now.  I hope it lives up to the book for those of you that have or are planning to read it!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

U will get back to them 2 cats. I remember not being able to watch stuff like that but now I love scary stuff again x

I will say tho that this hits pretty close to home with benzo stuff so it might not be good for everyone to read/watch right now x

I've just started a good book called Heatwave by Kate Riordan, about a family with 2 daughters, one of them is really toxic with evil streak. Reminds me of my family! It's set in present but keeps going back to what happened in the past, bit of psychological thriller. Set in France. I've finished Woman in window did have good twist at the end but found it bit overlong in places.

That sounds good might order it. I can definitely relate to the evil sister in heatwave. Had  to wait for "permission " to be granted recently , after executors had discussed it, to have a bowl I'd paid for and given my mum as birthday present just hoping karma exists! Least you can loose yourself in a book!

I look on Richard & Judy's book club over here. Yes books are a distraction, things not great with the family from hell, just plod on and hope for the best. Been watching Modern Family on Netflix find it easy watching and funny.

I’m going to avoid looking at those lists because I have so many books already.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can’t wait for June when Malibu Rising comes out!

I know. I go to the library snd just want to take all the new realeases home!

I am so excited for that one too kits! Everything is getting shelved for that one, and also liane moriatys new one! Cant wait!

I’m looking forward to reading it, I wonder if all her books are tear jerkers?

What are u reading next kits? Mists of Avalon and sequel just got to the library but I’ll read all the light and winter garden first I think.

Oh well I think winter is officially coming... I’m sitting at the beach shivering. Nooooooo summer come back!!!  :D

It’s getting hot here. We started running the AC last month. 😭 We desperately need rain, we’re in another drought and it’s not looking good.

I’m reading a book by Deanna Raybourn now then I’ll go back to book club picks. I think Light After the War is up next for me.

Oh no that’s not good. Have they been back burning so u won’t get as many fires? God I hope u guys get rain soon x

I’m 1/3 thru the secrets we kept and I’m starting to work it out. There’s multiple stories in this one and for some reason I struggle with books like that. But now that I’ve got it hopefully it will flow a bit more.

I just finished The Light After the War.  It’s a pretty amazing considering it’s based on the true story of the author’s mother.  If it had been a work of total fiction, I wouldn’t have thought the story very believable because of all the things the characters go through. I think that many displaced people after WW II probably had similar journeys.  Good pick! :thumbsup:

Just started The Secrets We Kept.  Just the prologue.  Can’t wait to get into it. :)

I just finished The Light After the War.  It’s a pretty amazing considering it’s based on the true story of the author’s mother.  If it had been a work of total fiction, I wouldn’t have thought the story very believable because of all the things the characters go through. I think that many displaced people after WW II probably had similar journeys.  Good pick! :thumbsup:

Just started The Secrets We Kept.  Just the prologue.  Can’t wait to get into it. :)

I feel like I can be critical of it coz it was my pick... I thought a lot of it was made up. I felt the same 2cats. I mean it was ok but I agree too many things happened. I know some terrible things happened to people in the war but these women seemed a bit too lucky in some respects. It felt like doors continually opened for them and it didn’t feel realistic to me. I don’t know to me it kinda was just an ok book. I thought it was hurried through too much.

But the bones of it, like their escape and where they ended up I didn’t mind. Anyway just my 2 cents.

;)

Oh no! I went to the library. I got more books. But I have a plan I will listen to audio version of secrets we kept and read the sanatorium! It’s a hot read so I only get it for 1 week. Then I’m going to smash thru all the light we cannot see and winter garden. Then I have the trilogy of the mists of Avalon! Omg so much reading! I also found a few interesting books that I’ll get next visit. Guess there’ll be no binge watching Netflix for a while

And then I went to the op shop and found so many books! All $2! I got the brethren which is on our list, 2 liane morities for my collection, the dry which was made into a movie with Eric bana, and the white queen by Philipa Gregory. I didn’t realize the tv series was after her books! So I’m going to read that series too!

I feel like I need to ban myself from any more borrowing and buying for a while. It’s getting a bit crazy 😜

Just finished the secrets we kept. Interesting , lots of interwoven stories. But a love story at the heart of it. It amazes me what some women will do for love (u will know what I mean when u read it). It makes me want to read dr Zhivago! But for reals I have enough books right now. I’ve started the sanatorium, it’s gunna be scary so I think I’ll limit my reading of it to mornings only and start all the light at night. If it gets too full on I think I’ll take it back. I watched a few eps of the serpent on Netflix and I think it’s getting in my head too much. Thank god younger is starting again! It’s so easy to watch (Woman who can’t decided between a hot younger tattooist or a hot older book editor that’s loaded. What a conundrum!)

Sometimes scary stuff can kind of ramp up my anxiety. I feel myself tensing up. Crazy old cns!

I have a copy of Doctor Zhivago. 😆😆😆 (of course I do...)

U crack me up kits! Of course u do! God I would love ur library!

Oh no! I went to the library. I got more books. But I have a plan I will listen to audio version of secrets we kept and read the sanatorium! It’s a hot read so I only get it for 1 week. Then I’m going to smash thru all the light we cannot see and winter garden. Then I have the trilogy of the mists of Avalon! Omg so much reading! I also found a few interesting books that I’ll get next visit. Guess there’ll be no binge watching Netflix for a while

And then I went to the op shop and found so many books! All $2! I got the brethren which is on our list, 2 liane morities for my collection, the dry which was made into a movie with Eric bana, and the white queen by Philipa Gregory. I didn’t realize the tv series was after her books! So I’m going to read that series too!

I feel like I need to ban myself from any more borrowing and buying for a while. It’s getting a bit crazy 😜

The White Queen was really good! That’s the first (timeline-wise) of those books.

Oh is it? Awesome! Thought the lady of the rivers was. I’m going to go to the book exchange and see if they have the series.

Have u got the series kits?

Oh is it? Awesome! Thought the lady of the rivers was. I’m going to go to the book exchange and see if they have the series.

Have u got the series kits?

You’re right, it’s the lady of the rivers. That’s the one I’ve read. I think the white Queen is the second. I have the whole series except the lady of the rivers. I read that one then donated it to one of my neighborhood little free libraries.