Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Hello to all!

I just finished Wolves.  I liked the style of writing.  The story was odd but interesting.  Too much death for me right now.    Reading a book about a frigid, Canadian winter made me feel it!! But all in all I liked it! Good pick!

I am taking a quick break from the list to read a new John Grisham I got from the library. “a Time For Mercy”.......same characters as in his first book “A Time To Kill”. Attorney Jake Brigance, who in my mind will always be Matthew McConaughey because he played him in the movie!  ;D

Well, girls, I am getting a Covid shot in a few days,  I’m getting the Johnson & Johnson.  One and done!

Nervous about side effects but definitely don’t want to get Covid.

Happy reading,all!

Enjoy the book 2 cats! I love that movie Matthew McConaughey was soooo good in that movie x

Im sure you will be fine with shot x  :smitten:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all. I've missed you. I'm having some personal issues so sorry I haven't been here. Also I have a new symptom popped up....neck tension. One word.....Ouch!!!! I plan on catching the next book with y'all.

2cats I think if I get the shot I'm getting the one and done too. Let me know how you do afterwards.

Happy reading everyone. Hugs !!!!

Im so sorry u have a new sxs lovely x hopefully its one step closer to healing tho xx

Join in when you are feeling up to it xx lots of love x

Today I took some books to the book exchange snd swapped for another game of thrones book and 1984 by George Orwell. Almost finished my Jane Austin collection but really wanted 1984.

I wish I owned a book exchange how fun would that be

That sounds so fun! I have a couple mom friends that want to start a low key, physical distanced book club, so I’m going to be in two book clubs! 😆

Book clubs rule! There’s one at my library but if everyone needed the same book that wouldn’t work! That will be so nice kits x it’s such a fun activity I think, it’s a nice way to join a girl squad too I think  :smitten: will be lovely for u to mingle with some other mummies x

my sister in law loves books so we pretty much need out and talk about what books were reading  when we see each other. Next week I’m going to go for a drive down to a huge book exchange half an hr south from me. It’s massive. I’m going to get a chai latte and stroll around in there for an hour or so  :smitten: my kids are on holidays again for Easter next week so I’m going to spend my last free days doing things I love x

I’m about halfway thru the lost queen, so good!!! It took a little bit to get going but I’m loving it so far. So glad I’ll get the sequel soon, I’ll go straight to that, then I’ll start the secrets we keep, coz it’s a library book. I have my own copy of winter garden and all the light we cannot see, so I’ll read them last. I’m also listening to the skylarks secret, I’m at chapter 7. So far it’s really good, but I’m having trouble remembering who’s story it is because it jumps between 2. But so far I’m enjoying it!!

Hope u are all well xx 😘

I’ve FINALLY finished the two woods books! I didnt like the ending of dark dark woods! I don’t know what I expected but I did find walk in the woods good and funny! I’m going to start the tenderness of wolves but wish I was starting the Lost Queen! I’m kind of excited about that one! Hope you speed readers are all good! Love and hugs to you ladies!  :smitten:

WW why don’t u start the lost queen? U can come back to wolves. I’m not reading in order snd I’m pretty sure most of us aren’t! Skip if u want to skip! It’s for enjoyment and if it’s feeling like a chore that’s when people stop. I don’t want anyone to stop!

I ve read wolves it’s a great book but lost queen is a totally different genre. It’s fantasy fiction like lord of the rings, game of thrones ect.

So if that is what u feel like reading do it  :smitten:

Ps, it’s awesome

I agree with Shayna, read in whatever order you want! I have two books ahead of Winter Garden then I’ll start that one. Currently reading book #29.  :D

WW why don’t u start the lost queen? U can come back to wolves. I’m not reading in order snd I’m pretty sure most of us aren’t! Skip if u want to skip! It’s for enjoyment and if it’s feeling like a chore that’s when people stop. I don’t want anyone to stop!

I ve read wolves it’s a great book but lost queen is a totally different genre. It’s fantasy fiction like lord of the rings, game of thrones ect.

Ps, it’s awesome

YAy! You are so right! I’m going to Lost Queen! I will love that! I’m the biggest Game of Thrones nerd too by the way! Lol 😂 I’m so excited for you......3 days till you are FREE! I told my hubby.....I said, Shayna is 3 days from being benzo free, I’m so excited for her!!  He said is that your Australia friend, that’s awesome! I said I’m halfway and she’s inspiring me to keep plugging along!  :smitten:

I agree with Shayna, read in whatever order you want! I have two books ahead of Winter Garden then I’ll start that one. Currently reading book #29.  :D

You amaze me Kits! Yes, I’m going to Lost Queen! The books I do buy I give to my mom when I’m done. She’s like, I love your online book club because then I get to read all these too! Lol 😂

You amaze me Kits! Yes, I’m going to Lost Queen! The books I do buy I give to my mom when I’m done. She’s like, I love your online book club because then I get to read all these too! Lol 😂

I give my mom books I’ve read too! Sometimes both my parents read them.

Ps, it’s awesome

YAy! You are so right! I’m going to Lost Queen! I will love that! I’m the biggest Game of Thrones nerd too by the way! Lol 😂 I’m so excited for you......3 days till you are FREE! I told my hubby.....I said, Shayna is 3 days from being benzo free, I’m so excited for her!!  He said is that your Australia friend, that’s awesome! I said I’m halfway and she’s inspiring me to keep plugging along!  :smitten:

Omg u just made me cry. I’m sitting on a park bench taking a rest from my walk. It’s been very difficult and I’m scared but I need to do this, and Thanku for saying I’m helping u x that means the world to me x if one person is boosted by what I’ve been thru/am going thru then it hasn’t all been for nothing  :smitten:

I am ur Australian friend too x and Thanku for being mine x

You will love the lost queen. It takes a little while to set up but stick with it, it’s excellent. I’m a huge GOT nerd too! I’m only 2 books away from completing the series of books. All thrifted! I also just got the prequel Fire and Blood. Love GOT!

I give my mom books I’ve read too! Sometimes both my parents read them.

Wow our little book club has wings! That’s awesome that ur parents are enjoying the books too! Look what we started girls! Isn’t it lovely xx

Hey girls my copy of Kristin Hannah the four winds just arrived at the library, I know we haven’t chosen it yet, kits do u think we can add it next to the list? I’ll have to read it before others.

So I’m on the lost queen then I’ll move to the sequel the forgotten kingdom, then I’ll read the four winds, then all the secrets we keep, then winter garden and all the light we cannot see.

It took me ages to get these books from the library they’re popular so I’d better read them while I have them xx

Finding the woman in the window a bit plodding did you find that. She does seem to drink a lot and take lot of meds surprised she can function at all!!

Hey girls my copy of Kristin Hannah the four winds just arrived at the library, I know we haven’t chosen it yet, kits do u think we can add it next to the list? I’ll have to read it before others.

So I’m on the lost queen then I’ll move to the sequel the forgotten kingdom, then I’ll read the four winds, then all the secrets we keep, then winter garden and all the light we cannot see.

It took me ages to get these books from the library they’re popular so I’d better read them while I have them xx

Go for it Shayna. I’ll add it to the list. ❤️

Finding the woman in the window a bit plodding did you find that. She does seem to drink a lot and take lot of meds surprised she can function at all!!

No I liked it. I thought it was really good x

Still struggling bit with book. I'll order some more Liane Moriarity ones like her. Good luck with lockdown, finally come out ours a  bit after a year. I hate masks suffer with blocked sinus so have keep lifting it to breathe. We can meet indoors from 17th May will been 5 months since could see people in our houses.

That’s great news Leann. Glad it’s ending for you that’s too long. But I hear the numbers are better so it worked.

Liane moriatys new book comes out in September can’t wait for that

https://www.booktopia.com.au/apples-never-fall-liane-moriarty/book/9781760785024.html?source=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5CDBhB9EiwA0w6sLT1-gaFxg7JGa8sLJWtPpdq1U97xFB2h4sdmA6T3EqNE-Cb00B4ZZBoC9RsQAvD_BwE