Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How Long is the acute fase ?

[Fa...]

Hi guys! I haven't taken anything else for two and a half months. I still have very strong symptoms, anxiety, lack of appetite and many other symptoms. How long can the acute phase last?

[jo...]

there's no exact answer to this but I think the average from what I can gather is roughly1-3 months. I dont think it's uncommon to be experiencing this at 2 1/2 months. Keep Going! It gets better.

• Like 1

[Fa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

there's no exact answer to this but I think the average from what I can gather is roughly1-3 months. I dont think it's uncommon to be experiencing this at 2 1/2 months. Keep Going! It gets better.

Thank you very much for your answer ! I hope that this intensity of symptoms improves, because it is very difficult

[jo...]
Just now, [[F...] said:

Thank you very much for your answer ! I hope that this intensity of symptoms improves, because it is very difficult

I know it's rough. Are you managing to sleep?

[jo...]

Also, I had appetite problems too so I adopted the practice of eating little but often. I know it's tough but even if you can manage a mouthful of food every half hour it add's up. nutrition is really important. Speeds things up I'm sure.

[Le...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[F...] said:

Hi guys! I haven't taken anything else for two and a half months. I still have very strong symptoms, anxiety, lack of appetite and many other symptoms. How long can the acute phase last?

what benzo and how much was given to you?  how long?  even with that info it is still a guess but i think short acting benzos cause more damage to heal from and long acting a more thorough addiction.  I have little to go on besides reading stories here just how it has seemed to me. 

the one i was on seems very troublesome. 

Edited by [Le...]
more info

[Fa...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

what benzo and how much was given to you?  how long?  even with that info it is still a guess but i think short acting benzos cause more damage to heal from and long acting a more thorough addiction.  I have little to go on besides reading stories here just how it has seemed to me. 

the one i was on seems very troublesome. 

A doctor prescribed me xanax 0.5, I was taking it for a month for insomnia, I had a tolerance and they increased it to 1 mg, so I was there for a month It was literally poisoning me, so they took away a quarter of a pill a week, in total it was 3 months or so with the withdrawal.

[Le...]

The duration and type are very promising. Also never underestimate the effect of going through this mentally and physically. you cant get up and going too soon. 

[Fa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Also, I had appetite problems too so I adopted the practice of eating little but often. I know it's tough but even if you can manage a mouthful of food every half hour it add's up. nutrition is really important. Speeds things up I'm sure.

I take Tracedone to sleep, I have too much anxiety to eat, my stomach feels completely closed, how long has it been since you stopped?

[Le...]

you are not a case like mine. many years on the most troubling one with a doctor that told me to go off cold turkey 6 times and sent me into acute before telling me i had anxiety and putting me back on. took a toll. you will improve soon and get yourself going now. walk walk walk. 

[jo...]
Just now, [[F...] said:

I take Tracedone to sleep, I have too much anxiety to eat, my stomach feels completely closed, how long has it been since you stopped?

3 1/2 months. If you cant eat drink protein shakes etc. It's important to get as much nutrition as you can. It's the main thing to focus on when your like this imo

• Love 1

[Le...]

everything you can do for your body. staying still has a huge toll too. 

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

My acute phase stopped quite suddenly so try not to be to disheartned. Things can change quickly.

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 1

[Fa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

3 1/2 months. If you cant eat drink protein shakes etc. It's important to get as much nutrition as you can. It's the main thing to focus on when your like this imo

thank you so much! I'm going to do it! Can I ask you what your symptoms were in these months?

[Le...]
Just now, [[F...] said:

thank you so much! I'm going to do it! Can I ask you what your symptoms were in these months?

seizures at night and loss of eye movement.  million others. you are doing really well. 

[Le...]

you will be fine. its time to get that body healthy. 

• Like 1

[Fa...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

you are not a case like mine. many years on the most troubling one with a doctor that told me to go off cold turkey 6 times and sent me into acute before telling me i had anxiety and putting me back on. took a toll. you will improve soon and get yourself going now. walk walk walk. 

very sorry ! now how are you feeling? If I get out of this, I won't see a doctor again for a long time.. they literally poisoned me

[Le...]

I am functional. not super cheerful about it though.

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[F...] said:

same. persistant anxiety, insomnia, no appetite, muscle pain (mainly legs), headaches, emotional blunting. Im sure there was more. 

[Fa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

same. persistant anxiety, insomnia, no appetite, muscle pain (mainly legs), headaches, emotional blunting. Im sure there was more. 

Yes sound Like mine, i have severe brain fog i cant concentrate, depression and the worst is anexty

[Le...]

sounds like you are on track. dont underestimate the part that is from experiencing this. it is there and affecting you and so similar that it is hard to know which is which. 

[jo...]
Just now, [[F...] said:

Yes sound Like mine, i have severe brain fog i cant concentrate, depression and the worst is anexty

Depression, check. Dont know how I forgot that one. Brain fog and concentration also. I could barely write my own name on a peice of paper at first. Yeah anxiety is the worst. It feels like venom runing through your veins when its at it's worst. I fkg hate it! 

[Fa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Depression, check. Dont know how I forgot that one. Brain fog and concentration also. I could barely write my own name on a peice of paper at first. Yeah anxiety is the worst. It feels like venom runing through your veins when its at it's worst. I fkg hate it! 

Anxiety is the worst of all, I literally can't relax or concentrate for a second, my mind seems to go a thousand miles an hour, I stopped working 2 months ago until I felt a little better, have you been taking this for a long time?

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[F...] said:

Anxiety is the worst of all, I literally can't relax or concentrate for a second, my mind seems to go a thousand miles an hour, I stopped working 2 months ago until I felt a little better, have you been taking this for a long time?

been on and off it. this one is the worst. If this is the first withdrawl you've had it probably works in your favour.

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

been on and off it. this one is the worst. If this is the first withdrawl you've had it probably works in your favour.

I remember going days without sleep once because of intense anxiety and then all of a sudden it just stopped dead. Really weird but a welcome feeling. I think they call what I experienced emotional blunting. I went from feeling WAY to much to feeling nothing in a couple of seconds.