Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Wolves took some getting used to, but it got good. The Woman in the Window just became available for me so that one is my next book to read. I’ll probably be done with my current book today or tomorrow. So many books and so little time!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, two more books just became available at my library. 😆😆 Might be a minute before I get to Light Before the War, good thing I have my own copy. 😬

LY all, hope you’re doing OK. ❤️❤️❤️

Hi girls x hope ur all good x don’t worry about what order u read in, if u want to swap around it’s ok x I’ll be finished wolves today. I hate not having numbered chapters too! I’ll be staying in bed to read today x I’m up to chapter 3 of light after the war. It’s ok so far but early days x

Oh wow women in the windows going to be a movie x awesum xx

hahah x yeah its a bit twisty! enjoy the rest xx :smitten:

Have you ever heard of archies flip flops? I always see advertisements on my Facebook feed and they make me think of you because they are made in Australia. I was wondering if they are comfy? I also use Eleven shampoo and conditioner for my hair, which is also made in Australia. Funny how something from another country makes you think of certain people! I know it’s. Little off topic but that’s a benzo brain for ya! Lol  :laugh:

:laugh: I’ve been playing a video game called Animal Crossing and one of the villagers on my island is a Koala named Alice. Makes me think of Shayna when I see her. lol

Oh how did I miss this post x that’s so cute kits Thanku  :smitten:

My son plays animal crossing it’s a cute game. Kinda similar in some ways to Minecraft where u can make ur own worlds x

hahah x yeah its a bit twisty! enjoy the rest xx :smitten:

Have you ever heard of archies flip flops? I always see advertisements on my Facebook feed and they make me think of you because they are made in Australia. I was wondering if they are comfy? I also use Eleven shampoo and conditioner for my hair, which is also made in Australia. Funny how something from another country makes you think of certain people! I know it’s. Little off topic but that’s a benzo brain for ya! Lol  :laugh:

:laugh: I’ve been playing a video game called Animal Crossing and one of the villagers on my island is a Koala named Alice. Makes me think of Shayna when I see her. lol

That’s funny Kits! I cannot say the phrase “the whole kit and caboodle” without thinking of you! Lol OR look at one of my books and wonder how fast Kit read it! Haha I have heard about animal crossing and thought about it but someone said I’ll be addicted and get even less done than I do right now! Lol 😂

I think the same when I see Kit Kat’s  :laugh:

I also smile when I here the names of the places u guys live. I think... “I have a friend who lives there!”

I finished wolves x great book Bessie x nice pick.

I really love the American Indian culture. It is so beautiful. On my wedding day the only jewelry I wore was authentic American Indian jewelry. It was worth every cent, i didn’t have flowers so I wore a silver cuff made of silver flowers and turquoise all over it. It was like wearing a corsage  :) so beautiful

I finished wolves x great book Bessie x nice pick.

I really love the American Indian culture. It is so beautiful. On my wedding day the only jewelry I wore was authentic American Indian jewelry. It was worth every cent, i didn’t have flowers so I wore a silver cuff made of silver flowers and turquoise all over it. It was like wearing a corsage  :) so beautiful

Glad you liked it lovely.

Ohhhhh your jewellery on your wedding day sounds amazing. Xx

Shayna, I love turquoise, it’s my sister’s favorite. Such a lovely mineral. I’m a big fan of copper-bearing minerals in general. Malachite and Azurite are also quite pretty. I remember as a child we were traveling through the southwestern US and there were Native Americans selling their jewelry at many of the rest stops. I wanted my dad to buy me all of it. 😆

I’m starting The Woman in the Window today. It will be book #27 for the year. 🥰 My library has 3 other books on hold for me now too. I’m hoping Winter Garden becomes available soon so I can do one pickup instead of two.  :D

Happy reading, my lovelies! ❤️❤️❤️

Ok back to the wolf book.  I do like the story so far but are there wolves?  The lovable kind?

Hey,

It’s been ages since I’ve read it & my benzo brain is foggy, I do think there are wolves & im pretty sure they are the loveable kind.

Hope you are having a good day :))

Shayna, I love turquoise, it’s my sister’s favorite. Such a lovely mineral. I’m a big fan of copper-bearing minerals in general. Malachite and Azurite are also quite pretty. I remember as a child we were traveling through the southwestern US and there were Native Americans selling their jewelry at many of the rest stops. I wanted my dad to buy me all of it. 😆

I’m starting The Woman in the Window today. It will be book #27 for the year. 🥰 My library has 3 other books on hold for me now too. I’m hoping Winter Garden becomes available soon so I can do one pickup instead of two.  :D

Happy reading, my lovelies! ❤️❤️❤️

I would have bought all of it! I was really worried about buying it because a lot of it isn’t made authentically. But the company I bought off sent me a certificate and I researched to make sure it was a reputable company, I know it was from the Navaho nation. I hope to visit there one day and buy a boatload off those beautiful people. And just sit and admire it x I’m not into gold and diamonds at all. I’ll have to look up those other stones I’ve not heard of them x

I’m halfway thru the light after the war. I’m loving it it’s a beautiful romance novel. Very sad in part obviously but it’s a nice change. It’s not going to take me long to read this one. I’ll be finished tomorrow I’d say. My copy of winter garden is still not in so I’ll move straight to woman in the window.

And GP the wolves make an appearance but they aren’t the stars of the book. X 

Argh! I cant renew the woman in the window so I have to start it now! I’ll have to shelve the light after the war (that’s ok coz it’s my copy) and come back to it! I was really enjoying it that’s frustrating. So I have 6 days to read woman in window. Hopefully that’s enough. From now on I need to just read the library books first I think, nothing worse than having to take a book back before u finish it!  :tickedoff:

Also I went thrifting (op shopping) for books today and bought the book thief by Markus zusak and tidelands by Phillipa Gregory. Have any of u girls read those? God my at home library is getting pretty huge 😁

Ugh, that’s why I’m reading the Woman in the Window first too. I have The Book Thief, but haven’t read it yet. I’ve read one of Phillipa Gregory’s books on the English monarchy and it was excellent. I actually own all the books in the series, but only read the first one. 😆😆

Oh wow maybe we could put the book their on the next list. It’s in the top 100 books of all time so must be good!

Yeah I had a look to see what else phillipa Gregory has written and saw those books ur talking about, sounds right up my alley.

What chapter are u on of woman in window? I had no idea they were making it a movie! Have u seen trailer looks awesome

I’m on chapter 27 of Woman in the Window. I haven’t seen anything about the movie. There’s A LOT of prescription drug talk in this book so far, including Benzos.

Wow ok so ur way in front again  :laugh: I’m only up to 10 but chapters are small. Raining again so I’ll be reading today x

Ugh, that’s why I’m reading the Woman in the Window first too. I have The Book Thief, but haven’t read it yet. I’ve read one of Phillipa Gregory’s books on the English monarchy and it was excellent. I actually own all the books in the series, but only read the first one. 😆😆

I’ve read 2 or 3 of Phillips Gregory’s books about the monarchy too. I might even have a couple in some boxes somewhere.  We’ve moved a few times  ;) It’s been quite some time but I really liked them.....also The Book Thief.  It was really good.  Yeah I’d be all for reading those.  Even re-reading!  :thumbsup:

I haven’t got to read a lot lately but making my way through Wolves.  I like the slow pace of it.

Guinea pig, I haven’t got to the wolves either.. ;D

I love the way we read through the books at our own pace here.  My sister’s in a Zoom book club and they meet every few weeks to discuss....I like this way much better.  Now maybe if we could meet in person and everyone bring snacks!.... and when we are back to normal maybe a nice bottle of wine for those who partake  :thumbsup:

I’ve read 2 or 3 of Phillips Gregory’s books about the monarchy too. I might even have a couple in some boxes somewhere.  We’ve moved a few times  ;) It’s been quite some time but I really liked them.....also The Book Thief.  It was really good.  Yeah I’d be all for reading those.  Even re-reading!  :thumbsup:

I haven’t got to read a lot lately but making my way through Wolves.  I like the slow pace of it.

Guinea pig, I haven’t got to the wolves either.. ;D

I love the way we read through the books at our own pace here.  My sister’s in a Zoom book club and they meet every few weeks to discuss....I like this way much better.  Now maybe if we could meet in person and everyone bring snacks!.... and when we are back to normal maybe a nice bottle of wine for those who partake  :thumbsup:

Wow ok I’m definitely going to have to read some of her other books! I really liked wolves. It was a good read.just easy.

Sometimes I wonder if more people wanted to do a proper book club but I like it this way too, but for sure it would be awesome to have a discussion night with snax and wine! I miss wine.

There’s a lot of drinking wine in woman in the window ( and a lot of pharma drug references yes kits) so even more than ever I’m missing my wine. I haven’t drink wine in 2 years now, longer actually. Sigh.

Oh well. I’m absolutely hooked on this book! I’m at 25 now, I reckon I might just finish it this weekend. It’s a hard one to put down for me! Loving it!!

Dang, Shayna! Tearing it up! I haven’t had a chance to read yet today. I miss wine too, I haven’t had any in over 3 years. I used to enjoy a glass and a hot soak in our jacuzzi bath tub. At least I can still enjoy the bathtub.

I had not heard of Tidelands, but I do love Phillipa Gregory so I looked it up.  That sounds like a great book to add to my everexpanding list.  Did you see that was a Netflix series?  So it’s got to be really good.

Dang, Shayna! Tearing it up! I haven’t had a chance to read yet today. I miss wine too, I haven’t had any in over 3 years. I used to enjoy a glass and a hot soak in our jacuzzi bath tub. At least I can still enjoy the bathtub.

Yeah I’m getting thru it! Kids have kept me busy today otherwise I would get thru alot more. I used to love a wine while cooking. Oh well. Maybe someday we can have one together when we’re well kits xx

I had not heard of Tidelands, but I do love Phillipa Gregory so I looked it up.  That sounds like a great book to add to my everexpanding list.  Did you see that was a Netflix series?  So it’s got to be really good.

I’m going to add it to my list next time GP x I thought it was the Netflix series too but I think it’s written by someone else? I could be wrong tho I just looked it up quickly at the shop?

You should try Kate Mosse her books are quite big but she links 2 stories from the past and present and how the link together, really good read. Think they were called Labyrinth and Sepulchure bad spelling! Set in France.