Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Under the Rug (Trigger Warning)

[We...]

You ladies are hilarious.  :laugh:  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

PH! - thank you for the support. I will send you and the other ladies after him armed!

PH I’ve been reading on the forum about how the liquid isn’t as effective. That’s enough to throw our poor already battered bodies into a tailspin.

To all,

I need to order more Magnesium. I’ve been taking one rated high in purity by labdoor

I too am interested in the supplemental Vitamin D! Which do you recommend? And what’s the high dose?

PH: what are the gummies and D3 you take.

I need all the help I can get!!

Dee- Could your pain be due to tight muscles and tendons due to benzo withdrawal? I had that when I tapered too fast.

I’m closely monitoring my symptoms on my recent drop because I don’t want to injure myself simply by walking around! It’s real!  :sick:

Love you all. I’m hangin in.

Annie

Annie/Rabbit! there you are, was a bit worried about you.  :-\  Glad you're still hanging in there - I do hope all is well.  :smitten:

I am taking the Nordic Naturals brand D3 & K2 gummies, (with "great Pomegranate taste!") 1000 iU D3 and 45mcg K2.  Non gmo, third party tested.  They do have a touch of sugar, FYI.  So far I like them very well.  One per day is the dose, and take with calcium and magnesium.  they do give energy so take in the morning.  While curing my benzo induced IBS I had not been able to take probiotics - so I cut out most milk except for 1/2 and 1/2 in coffee (cuz...not stopping that) Now that this has been completely rectified I tried out some kefir drink and it didn't trigger new benzo belly, so I started adding in the gummy every other day to see how it worked.  Went great! I can take it every day now. The Nexium Ive been on also for 17 years  :muscle:  leeches minerals from the body so the addition of the gummy and probiotics is a godsend.  Once done with benzo taper I'll get off the Nexium too and be PHARMA FREE  :laugh:  (did you know, the number one distress symptom following 9-11 was GERD? boy those whacky pharma guys, making their billions) 

You are right about the liquid and efficacy.  :'(  I dropped a full hour to 2 hours off my sleep and now Im pis*ed.  Going to post in Titration for some help.   

I  ..Just  ..Want  ...Off  already 😬  I haven't even begun the dam*ed taper for crikey sake!

mountain, welchie, Dee I'll respond to the other posts in a little while.

Have a peaceful day!  :smitten::mybuddy::hug:  :smitten:  :therethere:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [We...]

• [de...]

• [So...]

• [up...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Sorry Peaceful)

Mountaintop No need for wit.  Just keep showing up to let us know you are ok and hanging tough.  And for a little ranting, groaning and moaning.  Yeah...it can be hard dealing with 'normies'.  Must be nice to have spring in January.  Guess I will have to send you a snowball in the mail too.  Hugs!!

Dee  Those symptoms you got from osteo rx sound horrid!  Three years ago they tried to prescribe for that and I told doc I was pretty sure I was not deficient in Fosamex.  The thing is, it's what the body is able to do with  calcium.  When things aren't working right, calcium goes to soft tissues causing aches and pains and the bones start leeching calcium instead of absorbing.  It all gets bass ackwards  (ass backwards).  If you get the book just a caveat - the guy admits he is ADHD (son a doctor too) and he tends to jump around a lot.  It's not a polished or eloquent book but interesting stuff.  (Most geniuses march to a different drum.  Our buddy Einstein was told he was retarded and wouldn't amount to anything). 

Peaceful Do you think the reaction to probiotics may actually be a good sign?  Like a die-off reaction?  (Again - thanks for the prayers!  Maybe that was the mojo I needed to get a good night's sleep!)

Rabbit Glad to hear you're hanging in with your recent drop!  Are sx manageable?

Warning!! Lawyer joke:  Did you hear about the terrorist who hijacked a plane full of lawyers?  He threatened to release every single one of them if his demands were not met.

I slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Sorry Peaceful)

Mountaintop No need for wit.  Just keep showing up to let us know you are ok and hanging tough.  And for a little ranting, groaning and moaning.  Yeah...it can be hard dealing with 'normies'.  Must be nice to have spring in January.  Guess I will have to send you a snowball in the mail too.  Hugs!!

Dee  Those symptoms you got from osteo rx sound horrid!  Three years ago they tried to prescribe for that and I told doc I was pretty sure I was not deficient in Fosamex.  The thing is, it's what the body is able to do with  calcium.  When things aren't working right, calcium goes to soft tissues causing aches and pains and the bones start leeching calcium instead of absorbing.  It all gets bass ackwards  (ass backwards).  If you get the book just a caveat - the guy admits he is ADHD (son a doctor too) and he tends to jump around a lot.  It's not a polished or eloquent book but interesting stuff.  (Most geniuses march to a different drum.  Our buddy Einstein was told he was retarded and wouldn't amount to anything). 

Peaceful Do you think the reaction to probiotics may actually be a good sign?  Like a die-off reaction?  (Again - thanks for the prayers!  Maybe that was the mojo I needed to get a good night's sleep!)

Rabbit Glad to hear you're hanging in with your recent drop!  Are sx manageable?

Warning!! Lawyer joke:  Did you hear about the terrorist who hijacked a plane full of lawyers?  He threatened to release every single one of them if his demands were not met.

hi Welchie,  :smitten:

"I slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Sorry Peaceful)"

OMgosh that's fantastic!  :yippee: I'd never begrudge a buddy any good thing  :hug:

With the probiotics making everything worse during serious Benzo-IBS, then being able to cure myself of benzo constipation, and then I guess, healing up the gut to current state ... a new balance was created that allowed me to reintroduce the probiotics safely. Maybe it was a matter of curing the right problem first...

"Again - thanks for the prayers! ..."  you are so welcome!  :thumbsup:;)

:laugh:  :laugh: Loves me a lawyer joke!

Morning all  :smitten:

I haven't got much wit in me today, and thanks for reminding me that it's ok, Welchie. 

Visited my daughter yesterday, and she hadn't picked up her medication (anti psychotic) for 2 days, as too anxious to go to pharmacy.  Not taking her medication is what landed her in hospital these past four months.  It was lucky that I chose yesterday to visit as could go pick up the meds. 

I feel really sad, and so wish it were not happening to her.  Schizophrenia is so very cruel as it usually presents when people are young. 

Was really pleased with the new (local) doctor she has, and who is now writing up her scripts now she is no longer in hospital. 

When my daughter presented her with a script for Lyrica, alongside the

anti psychotic, the doctor said, "I'd be getting off those as soon as possible, only to be used if really, really, necessary."  My daughter did not take the script. 

She has been on Lyrica for over 2 months and I've advised her as to withdrawal, but as always, and as expected, she tells me she has not been on it long enough.  And good grief, she is still getting head zaps from Effexor, ceased 2 years ago!  I so hate these drugs, but know she needs the anti psychotic.

I'm raving my sisters and am tired, I look like I've got the pox with these hives, rash.  A POX ON BENZOS, I SAY!

I love you all. 

Dee

:smitten:

Hey, Annie,

I meant to say I know how you feel with "ridiculous user name".  :)

How would you feel with the moniker "Deadwoodgone"?  It is really embarrassing, and think I must have been insane when I created it.  Come to think of it, I was.  :crazy::sick::)

Just call me Dee.  :)

Dee

Rave on, Dee.  My heart goes out to your daughter.  And I can only imagine your heavy heart, my friend.  Glad to see you still have a bit of spark in you, poking at your user name.  I like it, actually.  We're climbing out from under a lot of dead wood.

How's the cut going for you Annie?  And hey!  I gained three more pounds since I jumped!  Hair is thickening up too a little.

Oh how I wish I could wave that magic wand for all of you!

Oh, welchie that is absolutely fantastic, and thank you for your good wishes and prayers. 

I'm so happy for you with thickening hair and weight gain, it gives me so much hope for my own future.  Others too, I'm sure. 

I do feel down today Welchie, but I'll kick back as no point in hanging in the gloom.  Try not too, at anyrate. 

When I created my username I had read the rules and advice to make Username positive.

I felt like deadwood and remembered there was a place in USA named Deadwood, and looked it up.

Apparently when Deadwood was first "settled" there was a lot of Deadwood there, but also a lot of gold. 

The Deadwood was cleared leaving only the gold, and this is what I wanted, Deadwood gone, and gold in my hand.  I want this for all of us. 

Dee

Was just thinking that maybe these hives I have could be adverse reaction to magnesium?  Been taking it regularly for a few weeks.

I've read here that hives and lethargy (I'm lethargic) can be be result too much magnesium.  I'm only taking 1 tablet as per the instructions.  Stopped taking it today. 

Only a thought and don't want to be a panic merchant. 

Love to all.

Dee

So sorry to hear about your daughter Dee. But she is so lucky to have you. Glad she is reducing her medication, less is definitely better. As we can all attest.

Glad you slept Welchie! I don’t think there are guys reading this but if so I don’t care- I made the mistake of cutting right before *that* time and wowza I have been down for the count. Sleeping every chance I get. Intense everything. At least now I know it wasn’t just sx from cutting so that’s reassuring. Basically I’m like a 18 year old who doesn’t keep track if when it’s coming so I’m always surprised. I should probably grow up at some point? At least during the taper so I don’t think I’m having an intense wave but it’s just my period.  :idiot:

I have a second date with a guy tomorrow and I thought he wanted to play golf so I was freaking out what to tell him. I don’t have the stamina for that. The green would have smacked me in the face. But he chose a jazz night which I can make it through. I wonder why I still date when most likely its doomed? I’m really not in the right mental state. I can fake it for a few hours though.

I breezed through the supplement discussion in my cog fog I am avoiding anything that requires too much brain power.

Always here in spirit  :smitten:

Thanks for explaining the name Dee! I always wondered what it meant. I too feel like deadwood but we will hold the gold in our hands.

YES I think magnesium could be the culprit or any other supplement stop them for a time and see.

I always forget everything I meant to type, short term memory these days...

Oh mountaintop how great second date with guy who wants to go to a jazz club.  If he likes jazz, he can't be all bad. 

I laughed when you told of the "green coming up and hitting you in the face", even though it's not really funny. 

You've got to kiss a few frogs before you meet the prince mountaintop, and if he's under par let us know.  Welchie and I will put him in the bunker.  :laugh:

Have a great time mountaintop. 

Dee

Good morning all  :smitten:

Dee, so sorry to hear about your daughter.  As mountaintop said she is really lucky to have you.

Glad you figured out the source of the hives and are getting free of them. And you are so NOT a panic merchant! Never think it.

Mountain, good to see you. Can't wait to hear about your second with Jazzman!

Welchie, hey thats great news about your hair and weight gain!  Still feeling okay??  I’d love it if you used that magic wand for us -  :poof:  normies!

Annie, am thinking about you and hoping your last cut is manageable in every way

I posted about the switch to liquid titration, and the shift likely is not the cause of shortened sleep.  I appreciate Builder’s logic and strait forward way.  He cuts through BS rather nicely.  It's easy to over focus on (waves hand around) all this sometimes.

I got 6 hours last night, waking at 4, so am coming out of whatever it is, likely plain old SXs.  Hubby and I going out today to have our taxes done. Woo ... hoo.

Have a goodly day today ladies!  :hug:

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

My husband just told me it's 'Australia Day'.  So...happy Australia Day mates!!!

Damn straight mountain...this fellow is going to get the hairy eyeball from me and Dee. Now he has to contend with Annie and Peaceful too!  The poor bloke.  And poor mountain...now you have four or five mamma bears wanting to know who this bloke is and what are his intentions toward our mountaintop!!!  Seriously, I hope you enjoy your date.  You certainly need a little fun added to your equation.  For me, getting lucky these days means I found my car in the parking lot.  And phew...glad I don't have to deal with the monster monthlies anymore.  I feel for you.  I'm getting hit with a little brain fog too.  If I took an IQ test right now the results would be negative.

I don't know you guys...it's like we were born naked, wet and hungry...and then it got worse  :)  And there should be a better way to start the day than waking up every morning.

Enjoy doing your taxes, Peaceful.  Or you could stay home and do something more pleasant like stick needles in your eyes.

Warning!!! Lawyer joke:  Your trapped in a room with a snake, a tiger and a lawyer.  What should you do?  Shoot the lawyer twice.

My husband just told me it's 'Australia Day'.  So...happy Australia Day mates!!!

Damn straight mountain...this fellow is going to get the hairy eyeball from me and Dee. Now he has to contend with Annie and Peaceful too!  The poor bloke.  And poor mountain...now you have four or five mamma bears wanting to know who this bloke is and what are his intentions toward our mountaintop!!!  Seriously, I hope you enjoy your date.  You certainly need a little fun added to your equation.  For me, getting lucky these days means I found my car in the parking lot.  And phew...glad I don't have to deal with the monster monthlies anymore.  I feel for you.  I'm getting hit with a little brain fog too.  If I took an IQ test right now the results would be negative.

I don't know you guys...it's like we were born naked, wet and hungry...and then it got worse  :)  And there should be a better way to start the day than waking up every morning.

Enjoy doing your taxes, Peaceful.  Or you could stay home and do something more pleasant like stick needles in your eyes.

Warning!!! Lawyer joke:  Your trapped in a room with a snake, a tiger and a lawyer.  What should you do?  Shoot the lawyer twice.

-----

"The poor bloke...."    :muscle:  ...had better treat a Mountaintop right

"Enjoy doing your taxes, Peaceful.  Or you could stay home and do something more pleasant like stick needles in your eyes." - we have  to PAY! bring on the needles

Howse everyone doing today?

I love you guys so much.  :smitten:

The heat here is intolerable and don't know if my hives are heat induced, not the magnesium.  Not wanting to labour the point on my hives just didn't want some other poor soul (with hives) out there to get confused.  I dunno what it is.

Hey, Welchie said, "bloke", and I said "crap game", and once I even said y'all.  We are true internationalists. 

"Gwangi" is an aboriginal word for crazy.  Get this for gwangi...

You know when you misplace your phone and you ring yourself up to find it?  Well, I misplaced my sunglasses this morning and thought I'd ring up my sunglasses to locate them :laugh:

It was only a thought, then got distracted by a lawyer who I shot on sight because he looked to have a pair of sunglasses in his pocket, just like mine.  8)

Dee

It is "Australia Day" Welchie, but Aboriginal Australia calls it "Invasion Day",  the day the big British ships came and took their land.  I reckon they've got a point. 

You were not to know this and I take your greeting in the manner intended.  Thanks Welchie. 

I love Australia Welchie. 

I love Welchie, I love ewes all.  Me gwangi. 

Dee

Will probably have to pay taxes on the needles.  Hmmph!

bwa-hahahaaaaa!  :laugh::2funny: :2funny:  :laugh:

that made me laugh like nobody's business Welchie, thanks

I love you guys so much.  :smitten:

The heat here is intolerable and don't know if my hives are heat induced, not the magnesium.  Not wanting to labour the point on my hives just didn't want some other poor soul (with hives) out there to get confused.  I dunno what it is.

Hey, Welchie said, "bloke", and I said "crap game", and once I even said y'all.  We are true internationalists. 

"Gwangi" is an aboriginal word for crazy.  Get this for gwangi...

You know when you misplace your phone and you ring yourself up to find it?  Well, I misplaced my sunglasses this morning and thought I'd ring up my sunglasses to locate them :laugh:

It was only a thought, then got distracted by a lawyer who I shot on sight because he looked to have a pair of sunglasses in his pocket, just like mine.  8)

Dee

So lets see if we have this straight... "There was a gwangi bloke in the crap game, y'all."  Hm, works for me. I won't mention his freckle.  It's very very good, Dee, that you are using the proper form of address with y'all.  No forms of ya'll will be accepted. 

🐻🌷  🐻🌷  🐻🌷  🐻🌷  🐻🌷

there, each mama bear gets a peaceful hope flower.  All to the Good.  :)  :smitten:

Love ewe back Dee!

I suppose all we really can on this journey is keep each other company and have a few laughs where was can find them.  Laughs and hugs go a long way while we twiddle our thumbs waiting to heal.  And moaning and groaning with mates who get it and give back an understanding shoulder so we know we are not alone. 

I have spent so much time on this website and others searching for answers - desperately trying to find the 'magic' bullet for healing all this.  And there it was all along...love and laughter!!!

Love you guys too!!!  We have quite a group here.

Hey Dee...you're cutting .25 tomorrow?  Or the day after?

[7e...]