Under the Rug (Trigger Warning)

[We...]

Maybe we should start one called The Home Run.  Or.. The Home Stretch, since we're getting close to the finish line???  Maybe mountaintop and others weigh in and we'll see what comes of it.  Any ideas, Rabbit?

Just found this lovely thread  :smitten: but if I could tentatively vote on a name  - "The Home Stretch"  <-- I like this one  ;D

we are freezing our patoots off today in MD,  🌬 -4 with the wind chill and praying for sun!

my thoughts are with you all,

:hug:

-PH 🌷

"I did not take the Klon last night."

Welchie, just saw that you 'jumped' - I have fingers toes and slightly crunchy knees crossed for you!

💝  H O L D 👊🏼 F A S T and good luck!  💝

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [We...]

• [de...]

• [So...]

• [up...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Peaceful!!!  Slightly crunchy knees crossed!!!  LOL.  But if I learned from my mistakes, I'd be a genius by now.  Will probably feel diagonally parked in a parallel universe for a couple weeks.  Yeah, colder than a lawyer's heart.  Stay warm, my friend!

Maybe we should start one called The Home Run.  Or.. The Home Stretch, since we're getting close to the finish line???  Maybe mountaintop and others weigh in and we'll see what comes of it.  Any ideas, Rabbit?

Just found this lovely thread  :smitten: but if I could tentatively vote on a name  - "The Home Stretch"  <-- I like this one  ;D

we are freezing our patoots off today in MD,  🌬 -4 with the wind chill and praying for sun!

my thoughts are with you all,

:hug:

-PH 🌷

"I did not take the Klon last night."

Welchie, just saw that you 'jumped' - I have fingers toes and slightly crunchy knees crossed for you!

💝  H O L D 👊🏼 F A S T and good luck!  💝

Hi PH! I am so happy to see you here. I have posted in the same threads as you, but I’ll never forget you helping out a bit ago when I needed taper advice on a thread I started. Your irreverent humor made me 😆 laugh!

Well my soul sisters. I have been through some crazy days and nights since Friday. My husband is traveling and gone until late tonight and I am solely responsible for my 8 and 3-1/2 year old. Yes I am 47 years old and have two young children from my 2nd marriage. With my muscle injuries due to WD, and the daily routines, I’m exhausted, aching and have patchy sleep. But but but...I’m hanging in there! Hang in there for me too.

Welchie.  I wish you luck with your jump!!  :smitten:

Given how it’s been manageable and you haven’t been on it for years, I think you’ll do it! Yay! Woo hoo!  :thumbsup:

We are all larrikins here, Welchie  :)  And you got it right.  But why does that not surprise me about you? 

You make me laugh so much, and have helped beyond what I can say.  All soul sisters have given me strength and understanding.  I love our little thread, and vote for "Home Stretch" as the one. 

We are on the home stretch sisters, gosh, it has gotten tricky down this bottom end, with stuff returning that I thought was well behind me.  Non-linear is a mobster without heart. 

My sister is a lawyer Welchie, and I'm going to be giving her the "cold as a lawyers heart", next time we meet.  She has a good sense of humour, too, but you know what siblings can be like..... :laugh:

I do love her, and it was only she who trekked the streets with me to find a suitable nursing home for our brother, with all other siblings bailing, including three of his brothers.  :(

I'm so backing you with your jump Welchie.  Soul sisters are solid. Always.  :angel:

I'm glad you found us PeacefulHope.  We are a good mob, and unafraid.  Ummmm.... :)

And my mates rabbit and mountaintop, still batting.  Still not out.  🏏

Onwards, all wives, mothers, sisters, girlfriends, grandma's all.  We are on the homestretch, and we're going to make it. 

Dee

:smitten:

Thanks Peaceful!!!  Slightly crunchy knees crossed!!!  LOL.  But if I learned from my mistakes, I'd be a genius by now.  Will probably feel diagonally parked in a parallel universe for a couple weeks.  Yeah, colder than a lawyer's heart.  Stay warm, my friend!

Will probably feel diagonally parked in a parallel universe for a couple weeks

:laugh: :laugh:

/ in a = 

LOL

Welchie, I hope your day is playing nice with you.  If not you let me know  :boxer:  :police:  :oXo:

Hi PH! I am so happy to see you here. I have posted in the same threads as you, but I’ll never forget you helping out a bit ago when I needed taper advice on a thread I started. Your irreverent humor made me 😆 laugh!

Great Caesar's ghost! I gave advice 🤦🏻‍♀️ and you're still speaking to me?  :angel: <---blessed

My husband is traveling and gone until late tonight and I am solely responsible for my 8 and 3-1/2 year old

They bounce, not to worry.  I vote 2 cans of Spaghetti-Os (with mini franks) and call it a night?  8)

With my muscle injuries due to WD, and the daily routines, I’m exhausted, aching and have patchy sleep. But but but...I’m hanging in there! Hang in there for me too.
  :hug:  you must be plumb worn out  :mybuddy:  am sending comforting vibes your way Annie 💕

Thanks Rabbit!!  Thanks so much to all for rooting for me on the jump!

I'm hanging with you Rabbit.  But we have to find Hanz for your aching muscles.  (The fictitious massage therapist on mountain's fictitious trip to Hawaii).  Glad Hub is coming back to give you a little reprieve.  Seriously do not know how the women with children do this.  Guess it's that mother's strength, momma bear looking out for her cubs.

Dee, given my ex was a lawyer, there will be lots of lawyer jokes coming your way.  I just have to remember them all...my memory is not what it used to be.  Also, my memory is not what it used to be.  Can't remember the last time I forgot something  :  )  Glad your sis can take the heat.

Peaceful...love the icons.  They gonna kick butt and take names!!!

I hereby decree a fictitious trip to Hawaii with Hanz for all!!!

Hey lovies I’m reading to stay caught up but too tired to type response but I will  all good just had a productive weekend spring cleaning took a lot out of me. Purging things that don’t serve me for the new moon and bought some new crystals to assist with healing and calm. Burnt some sage in my home. Maybe no need to change the name but if so what about The 24k. Love you ladies.  :smitten:

MtnTp,

it always feels good to do the spring cleaning - way to go!  :thumbsup:

You're way ahead of me Mtn, i have palo santo spray ready to go but have not done the clearing yet, and my crystals aren't speaking to me.  :o

If you're taking baths, are you charging your water with the chi of love?

I hope today is being good to you  :smitten:

-PH 🌷

You girls have got me in Spades with your humour  :laugh: :laugh:  Too good. 

I just loved the Spaghetto O's.  All hail the mothers who, despite the struggle can still manage to laugh. 

Bring on the lawyer jokes Welchie.  My sister deserves a sledge from time to time.  What is it with lawyers I wonder?  And how come I'm her sister?  Maybe I'm adopted, and Hanz my real father?  Something's not adding up, that's for sure. 

So good to see you all here.  I am eternally grateful. 

And now I've got these red itchy spots/welts on my legs and feet.  Six months ago I would have been googling leprosy, but took myself to the archives and find I am not alone.  This, after a 2 month + hold.  Disappointing, but ever onwards.

You doing alright mountaintop?  Hi, dear rabbit. 

Sisterhood is powerful! 

I love you all. 

Dee

*  I am so bloody fatigued.

You girls have got me in Spades with your humour  :laugh: :laugh:  Too good. 

I just loved the Spaghetto O's.  All hail the mothers who, despite the struggle can still manage to laugh. 

Bring on the lawyer jokes Welchie.  My sister deserves a sledge from time to time.  What is it with lawyers I wonder?  And how come I'm her sister?  Maybe I'm adopted, and Hanz my real father?  Something's not adding up, that's for sure. 

So good to see you all here.  I am eternally grateful. 

And now I've got these red itchy spots/welts on my legs and feet.  Six months ago I would have been googling leprosy, but took myself to the archives and find I am not alone.  This, after a 2 month + hold.  Disappointing, but ever onwards.

You doing alright mountaintop?  Hi, dear rabbit. 

Sisterhood is powerful! 

I love you all. 

Dee

*  I am so bloody fatigued.

Dee my dear! looks like I missed you only by a little bit. Your green light was on and then.. poof!

Yesterday the 'beast' approached for several hours so we had lots of fun together.  We danced to my heart rate, got sweaty in the roller boogie, abandoned all hope of clear thinking and then conked out at 7 pm. Which is why I am awake trolling the house at 2 a.m. looking for something to do.  Crazy. Am convinced the beast is actually a giant sloth sent to steal fur from my eyebrows and eyelashes, three or four at a time. One would think sloths could enjoy their own fur, sheesh.

Six months ago I would have been googling leprosy, but took myself to the archives and find I am not alone.

:laugh:  :laugh:  Dr. Google and I once dated, so ..

and find I am not alone
  no my dear, not alone, never that  :smitten:  I wake with scratch marks (there's that dang sloth again)

Well it's almost 3 am so i have my hubby getting up in an hour to look forward to  :idiot: .. irony... it's a thing.

I'm glad you found us PeacefulHope.  We are a good mob, and unafraid.  Ummmm.... :)

Honored and delighted to be here standing with such strong, beautiful women. =)

Hang in there Dee, in a short time the road forks to the right, and the sign says freedom

:hug: :hug:  hugs hugs and more  :hug:  today ladies!

-PH 🌷

Peacefulhope  :hug:

Just saw your post as was collapsed on my unmade bed having not logged out.

It's so disappointing, I wasn't even running the lights, and still got hit with a manageable, but brand new symptom.  I'm dropping to 1mg v (from 1.25) in 3 days, come what may.  Wish me luck.   

Went to the local pool today, only 5 minutes walk away, first exercise I've done since this incredibly bad joke began.  Couldn't  do much, but it's a start.  Just taking it slowly, and am returning tomorrow, for more.  Hanz was there, but he didn't give me so much as a second glance.  :(

I hope you are doing OK PH, however we manage to endure this crap is beyond me.

My love to you PH, and to all the good women here, who still try to dance in the face of it.  And even when we can't, we hum, tap our foot, and wait. 

Dee

I'm thinking of you mountaintop.  :hug:

Jeez, I thought you really did go to Hawaii, I thought Hanz was real.  :(

Who was that bloke I saw down the pool then, with your name tattooed on his right arm? 

Dee

Dance in the face of it!!!  Yes.  Though today my dance makes me look like a frog in a blender.  Dee, you think the new skin sx is from recent stress?  Pool sounds lovely as I'm shivering under and electric blanket here.  Hope you enjoyed the pool...mmmm.  Sun.  Warmth.

61 hours since last dose. And 36 minutes.  And 16 seconds.  Not that I'm counting. 

Well, you guys, all I can say is be nice to your kids...they'll be choosing your nursing home some day.

My brain is not happy without even that micro benzo.  But whenever I get blue....I just remember to start breathing again.  Suppose that's a good start.  Aarrrgh. the trouble with life is there's no background music.

Fitful night will minimal sleep.  Lots of dreams.  Maybe that's a good sign.  Going back to bed now at mid morning, making the same noise as my coffee maker and feeling like I just stuck my tongue in an electric socket.  Bad to worse.  Repeat.  Heck, I'm getting good at it.  (Heck is where people go who don't believe in gosh).

Great idea about the spaghettios and mini dogs.  I think my next house will have no kitchen, just vending machines and a large trash can.

Hope all is well with everyone.  You too, Hanz.

My sisters, I have missed so much while traveling! The sand! The beauty! The waterfalls! Hans! He gave the best massages ever! And so romantic he places rose petals on the bed each night and showered me with gifts and spa retreats! An amazing trip!

And Welchie you have jumped you brave one!! I hope all is manageable thus far! I know you’ll do it! I love the quote “She who laughs, lasts.” Im probably messing it up but so true! I was a hoot before this process I really was now coming up with humorous antedires is like... I don’t know, Japanese math. And I’m not great with English math.

Ha! My kids better choose the nicest nursing home we volunteered at a very poor one over Christmas and I made a point to tell them this would not be the golden standard for me. Good to plan ahead.

ChickaDee, love your beautiful posts and so glad to hear about your daughter and your visit to the museum. I bet the welts are due to stress like Welchie said. I guess there are worse things? The last few days I felt the room spinning and like the floor would rush up to meet me any moment. Today slightly better. I wioukd rather the welts personally. Only because I could still function with welts I called one of my senior leaders by the wrong name today good grief.  I was running along now I have to slow to a walk. I know it’s not a race but it’s not a walk in the park for sure. But we are still batting like you say. I’m perfecting my swing and see a home run coming soon. 

Anyways, it’s good to see another mom on here Rabbit, this is some hard ___ isn’t it?? No other way to say it I hope all went well with spaghetti o’s! Looks like you’re making progress you’re a great mommy.

Peacehope I have NOT been charging my water with please do tell how to accomplish that? I am all about positive energy especially in the bath and maybe Hans will join me.  ::)

Hope you all have good days tranquil thoughts and many naps sprinkled in a cozy soft blankie.

mountaintop....Japanese math!!  Ha!  Ouch, carpets and floors colliding with faces.  Doesn't sound like a good gig.  At least a little better today, you say?  Noticed in your sig you're still chipping away at a good, but stable clip.  You are so very sensible on top of your beautiful heart and soul.  Maybe some day I'll find the Fountain of Smart.

So Peaceful..what is the deal with charging baths with good energy?  My energy is so bad right now all I can manage is to light some jasmine incense and wander with my heart shaped rose quartz.  If I tried to charge my own bathwater would electrocute myself.

If I were still working at this stage...I'd probably be calling in dead.  Managed to get up for some chicken bone broth and celery, then I'm back to bed.  Maybe I can muster a shower and change of clothes by the end of the day so Hub doesn't throw me out in the snow.  I've already been thrown out of the gene pool, Dee.

Hugs everybody!!

mountaintop....Japanese math!!  Ha!  Ouch, carpets and floors colliding with faces.  Doesn't sound like a good gig.  At least a little better today, you say?  Noticed in your sig you're still chipping away at a good, but stable clip.  You are so very sensible on top of your beautiful heart and soul.  Maybe some day I'll find the Fountain of Smart.

So Peaceful..what is the deal with charging baths with good energy?  My energy is so bad right now all I can manage is to light some jasmine incense and wander with my heart shaped rose quartz.  If I tried to charge my own bathwater would electrocute myself.

If I were still working at this stage...I'd probably be calling in dead.  Managed to get up for some chicken bone broth and celery, then I'm back to bed.  Maybe I can muster a shower and change of clothes by the end of the day so Hub doesn't throw me out in the snow.  I've already been thrown out of the gene pool, Dee.

Hugs everybody!!

Welchie, everyone!  :hug: 

If anyone would like the basic instructions to charge your bath, drinking, body's water (we are what 80%) pm me and I'll send it.  Always sounds a bit woo-woo in open forum, lol.

Today I got tired of feeling icky so am challenging an uptick in sxs with a vitamin loaded electrolyte drink and I'm real glad! I actually feel a bit better.

Oh Dee, I am wishing your Great Good Fortune through the rest of your taper and beyond.  :hug:

Went to the local pool today, only 5 minutes walk away, first exercise I've done since this incredibly bad joke began.  Couldn't  do much, but it's a start.  Just taking it slowly, and am returning tomorrow, for more. 
  wow, you go girl!  :clap: 

Hanz was there, but he didn't give me so much as a second glance.  :(
was he examining his pecs again and didn't look up?  :muscle:

I hope you are doing OK PH, however we manage to endure this crap is beyond me.
  it is beyond me too.  i put one foot in front of t'other and make it all the way to bedtime.  rinse, repeat.  :idiot:  I see the PDOC tomorrow, some anxiety about that. she has not once spoken to me since my misinformed cut in Oct.  Only her assistant.  :tickedoff:

My love to you PH, and to all the good women here, who still try to dance in the face of it. 
Lots of love back to you Dee, and all our sisters  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

If I were still working at this stage...I'd probably be calling in dead.  Managed to get up for some chicken bone broth and celery, then I'm back to bed.  Maybe I can muster a shower and change of clothes by the end of the day so Hub doesn't throw me out in the snow.

Welchie are you hanging in there??  :therethere:

my thoughts are with you, hon.

lots of love and hugs  :smitten:

*guys, i have some oddball symptoms today, one being slightly blurry vision.  pls. forgive me if i din't see your post yet and respond.gonna take a break and stare into space for a while  :) 

PH,

You can ask about any symptom and there’s a good chance I experienced it due to my initial overly rapid taper combined with years on Klonopin! Yes, blurry vision is one and as you likely know, we’re not alone with this one.

Dee,

Call me crazy but which benzo are you tapering from?

Welchie,

As long as you’re doing well enough, hang in there.

And mountaintop,

I feel your pain in dong this and coping with children. It’s not easy!

My husband has a mean mean streak, and I still keep moving forward because this will be the only way I can get my strength up and leave! I hold back too much. I need to start telling my story!

:smitten: to all of you!

Annie

PH,

You can ask about any symptom and there’s a good chance I experienced it due to my initial overly rapid taper combined with years on Klonopin! Yes, blurry vision is one and as you likely know, we’re not alone with this one.

Dee,

Call me crazy but which benzo are you tapering from?

Welchie,

As long as you’re doing well enough, hang in there.

And mountaintop,

I feel your pain in dong this and coping with children. It’s not easy!

My husband has a mean mean streak, and I still keep moving forward because this will be the only way I can get my strength up and leave! I hold back too much. I need to start telling my story!

:smitten: to all of you!

Annie

Yes Rabbit, kudos to you for making it through and gathering your strength. You can do this. And don’t tell him too much don’t let him know how well you’re doing so he won’t want to thwart your plans. Men like to keep strong women down. Well some men do... Sending hugs.

Oh, my sisters, I love all so much, you give me hope. 

I was wandering around at 3:00 a.m. this morning PeacefulHope, it's a lonely hour.  I did make my bed, but it took me about 20 minutes to figure how to fit the fitted sheet.

Come to think of it, I did see Hanz gazing into the pool like Narcissus himself, but then heard him utter longingly, "mountaintop, where are you?" "I know I'm not good enough for you, but I can change."  ::)

Sorry the floor came up to hit you in the face mountaintop, this thing produces such distorted perception, I even look ok in the mirror sometimes.  :laugh:

But now I'm covered in red, itchy welts.  Going to doctor tomorrow to have v script written up.  Hope she's ok with it, maybe my welts will be something she can "see", and she'll give them to me.  She's been good so far. 

When I went to the front gate to have a cigarette this morning, a woman walked past with a giant Dalmatian on a leash.  The bloody thing gave me an arrogant look with its beautifully defined black spots.  Can't stand elitism, even in a dog. 

I considered what both of you have said, the welts could be a combination of both stress, and the humidity.  I am so tired. 

How are you doing welchie?  Are you managing, so far?  You are the first soul sister to take the leap of faith.  I am in awe. 

We can do this together soul sisters. 

Dee

Yes Rabbit, kudos to you for making it through and gathering your strength. You can do this. And don’t tell him too much don’t let him know how well you’re doing so he won’t want to thwart your plans. Men like to keep strong women down. Well some men do... Sending hugs.

Yes! He is one of those that will thwart me and keep me down while complaining about me being down. So thank you so much for your support and advice!  :)  I am being very careful what I reveal...not too much in either direction. Ugh.

[c1...]