Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Great news you had an appetite after one dose, NJ  :thumbsup:  I agree with trying the edible earlier in the evening and/ or using a smaller amount to start. It’s all trial and error. I hope you can find that chart Green, I’ve been looking for a chart I saw online and I can’t seem to find it right now but I agree edibles or sublingual application are generally a slower onset and longer duration.

I found this video very interesting.

https://www.projectcbd.org/about/clinical-research/dr-dustin-sulak-cannabis-dosing

Episode 5 Sacred Plant (link available until Monday 9 pm EST)

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/rZrIA/6/H8/VGb/612tEY/v1rzZl49Pm/P/P

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

In a dire attempt at finding something to quell my reoccurring morning anxiety, randomly flaring health anxiety and to prevent me having to boost my low dose SSRI (5mg Lexapro) dose, I'm getting on the CBD bandwagon. First, I'm no stranger to cannabis but it has been over a decade since I consumed. I've been in a profession that heavily, and nonsensically, does random drug testing and thus I haven't been able to use it. I've always said if I had access to cannabis I would have never, ever had to agree to a benzo prescription years ago.

So, stepping my foot into this, I ordered CBD flower from a farm in Oregon and two days later it's being dropped in my mailbox literally as I type this. I have my grinder and my PAX 3 vape by my side and will post the results of this new experience soon.

Overwatch I hope you find the CBD helpful, please let us know how it goes for you. The random drug testing seems very common with many companies unfortunately and is a concern for sure. I feel fortunate my current workplace is receptive to cannabis medicine.

Episode 6 Sacred Plant ( link available until Tuesday 9 pm EST)

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/rhW9N/6/HZ/VGb/612LY3/HqxSasTQ5/P/P

I have tried a lot CBD products and really never thought they helped much. Maybe a bit of a muscle relaxer quality to them. But it the end it wasn’t worth it to me. My methadone clinic drug test me monthly and I was always terrified it would show up as a dirty for THC. Even my doctor and counselor incouraged me to use it and said it should not show up on a drug test, I just wasn’t willing to lose my two take homes over a stupid dirty UA from CBD.

It’s odd, all the counselors and doctors at the methadone clinic have encouraged me to just smoke MJ if it would really help me, but they would also remind me I would lose all my take homes. :tickedoff:

And it takes two years of consecutive clean drug screens to get two weeks worth of take home doses.

I’m praying that once my state gets it’s MMJ program up and running (in the legislation they said no later that Sept 2018. But now they say that will not happen) I can finally try out some high cbd/ low thc edibles or maybe a vape.

I have never been able to smoke mj, that would be like just asking to worst the panic attack of my life. But all through out high school I would just make low dose cannabutter and then put it in pill capsules. So I was a making my own low thc edible.  And that stuff got me through high school, keeping me nice and calm, and graduating early at 16 with 3.8 gpa while totally slacking off.

If only I would of just stuck to using low dose MJ and never touched a benzo, my life would be completely different.

Does anyone have a time machine??? ::)

Andy I really hope you don’t need to wait too long for your state program to be up and running, hopefully not more than a few months away. You have the support of your Dr already which is always a bonus. Hopefully when that happens the methodone program will ease their rules. Best of luck to you!

Sacred Plant Episode 7 Treating PTSD, Selecting Your Medicine Dosage and a Qualified Dr.

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/rMNDQ/s/Hh/VGb/612m83/vTfCWiR0PR/P/P

Available until Wednesday 9 pm EST

This is the last episode of the series, there is normally a replay weekend event for anyone who missed episodes.

Andy I really hope you don’t need to wait too long for your state program to be up and running, hopefully not more than a few months away. You have the support of your Dr already which is always a bonus. Hopefully when that happens the methodone program will ease their rules. Best of luck to you!

Sacred Plant Episode 7 Treating PTSD, Selecting Your Medicine Dosage and a Qualified Dr.

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/rMNDQ/s/Hh/VGb/612m83/vTfCWiR0PR/P/P

This is the last episode of the series, there is normally a replay weekend event for anyone who missed episodes.

I tried a ridiculously low dose edible the other day, my second time since I got my card, just a few traces of dust in the cookie, and it really did the trick with sleep and anti-nausea, without feeling hung over the next day. But I am reluctant to use everyday, which is likely dumb as I take klonopin every day. But I have definitely hit a rough patch with sleep, sometimes it is okay but based on hormones sometimes it isn't. But I am thankful to at least have this option. Plan to make a tincture this weekend.

I tried a ridiculously low dose edible the other day, my second time since I got my card, just a few traces of dust in the cookie, and it really did the trick with sleep and anti-nausea, without feeling hung over the next day. But I am reluctant to use everyday, which is likely dumb as I take klonopin every day. But I have definitely hit a rough patch with sleep, sometimes it is okay but based on hormones sometimes it isn't. But I am thankful to at least have this option. Plan to make a tincture this weekend.

Thats pretty positive NJ..!!

Am so happy for you...

May it all go well...

:)

[da...]

An alcohol tincture hits me about twice as fast as an edible, and I don't feel so 'hung' over the next morning (although I like that feeling).  They're best taken on an empty stomach.

NJ that is really awesome news! I have to say I totally understand your reluctance to use this on a daily basis. I think you’re actually being very very smart. You first need to find a comfort level using cannabis with careful experimentation and that does indeed take a lot of time in my opinion, at least it did for me.

Good luck with the tincture making, my state did not allow flower. Thankfully they’ve reversed that decision and I can’t wait to make a tincture when flower finally makes an appearance in the dispensary. Katz if you’re reading this I’ll be sending you a pm about the tincture that Bads helped you make. Thanks for mentioning it,  I’m glad it works so well for you. Insomnia sucks, in spite of all the products I’ve tried I still have some serious insomnia from time to time. I have yet to see a true tincture in the dispensary near me, product varity and quantity are still scarce and sell out within hours. I literally need to check the online menu every few hours then hope I can get a one day hold before it sells out.

Bads you made me grin. I really don’t like the waking up feeling groggy thing. At all. We are all so different aren’t we? My recent posts reflect that morning grogginess. I didn’t even add the title to the  series links until someone finally mentioned I maybe should try to spit that out as well, lol. Good to know I may need to make an alcohol based tincture.

This was an interesting podcast I listened to today. Cannabis:  From Prohibition To Legalization. It contained a chat with the woman who founded the first Canadian medical dispensary.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1165063235730

:smitten:

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share my cannabis journey. I was a medical user in 2011 and dropped the medical designation once my state went fully legal. I've been on 2 mg of clonazepam daily since 2008. Never went up or down in dose. For many, this is quite remarkable and I attribute at least not having to go up in dose to cannabis.

Over the years I've watched CBD gain popularity. The dispensaries started with CBD oil that looked like chocolate pudding, high CBD strains and now you can buy CBD oil pretty much everywhere.

In my experience, these high CBD strains or CBD-only products don't work. I've had high CBD strains give me anxiety and right now, I have a vape cartridge that is 1:1 THC/CBD that definitely doesn't reduce anxiety.

Please, if CBD-only products work for you, don't get offended. Part of the reason I want to share my experience is for those that haven't found relief in these products.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't overlook the medicinal properties of THC and the role ALL cannabinoids play together. Cannabis can definitely increase anxiety and it's usually trial and error finding the strains that jive with your body chemistry. Once you find the strains that calm you down, relax your body, help you sleep, etc, it's a game changer.

Once again, just my opinion but I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Anyone here heard of/used cbd oil by a company called SOL? I have it and am too scared to try it.

The anxiety is not allowing me to get rid of the anxiet😢

Need HELP...anyone have any experience or info, please post!

❤️New Girl

An alcohol tincture hits me about twice as fast as an edible, and I don't feel so 'hung' over the next morning (although I like that feeling).  They're best taken on an empty stomach.

Bad, What is an alcohol tincture?  Sorry to be so uninformed, but I'm just now trying to understand about CBD oil in an effort to find a way to sleep.

Bad, What is an alcohol tincture?  Sorry to be so uninformed, but I'm just now trying to understand about CBD oil in an effort to find a way to sleep.

What I am doing, is I have the plant matter in a jar with alcohol, going to leave it together for a few days, then strain it with the theory being the thc is left behind in the liquid.

I am trying to use the mmj only every few days but really having trouble sleeping and with nausea. Do people here use everyday? I feel like I am a mess again! Cannot seem to feel consistently stable.

What I am doing, is I have the plant matter in a jar with alcohol, going to leave it together for a few days, then strain it with the theory being the thc is left behind in the liquid.

I am trying to use the mmj only every few days but really having trouble sleeping and with nausea. Do people here use everyday? I feel like I am a mess again! Cannot seem to feel consistently stable.

I use every day. I've used cannabis pretty much everyday with some breaks for the past 26 years. I've also had my medical marijuana card for 6 years. I've also been working in the cannabis industry for over 4 years. I couldn't imagine traversing this journey without it. It's kept me from totally losing my mind on numerous occasions. I smoke, vape, take edibles and use topicals, depending on what I'm looking to achieve. I eat Indica edibles every night to ensure I get 6-8 hours of sleep (along with melatonin). I wish I had chosen to lean on cannabis 100% for my mental health challenges, but I didn't know as much or have access to so many products 6+ years ago.

We're finding out Indica and Sativa aren't the only indicators as to how a strain will make you feel. Terpenes are the essential oils of the cannabis plant and they also have an effect on your high. I'm going to attach a basic chart. Obviously, if you can't choose what you're using it makes it difficult, but I can happily report that we're now doing terpene testing on most at least medical products in my state, to help the consumer make a more informed choice.

So basically, just because it says it's an Indica, doesn't necessarily mean all of its effects will be calm and relaxing. Just something to consider. It definitely takes time and patience to fine tune one's specific cannabis needs. You'll get there!

?format=1000w

I use every day. I've used cannabis pretty much everyday with some breaks for the past 26 years. I've also had my medical marijuana card for 6 years. I've also been working in the cannabis industry for over 4 years. I couldn't imagine traversing this journey without it. It's kept me from totally losing my mind on numerous occasions. I smoke, vape, take edibles and use topicals, depending on what I'm looking to achieve. I eat Indica edibles every night to ensure I get 6-8 hours of sleep (along with melatonin). I wish I had chosen to lean on cannabis 100% for my mental health challenges, but I didn't know as much or have access to so many products 6+ years ago.

We're finding out Indica and Sativa aren't the only indicators as to how a strain will make you feel. Terpenes are the essential oils of the cannabis plant and they also have an effect on your high. I'm going to attach a basic chart. Obviously, if you can't choose what you're using it makes it difficult, but I can happily report that we're now doing terpene testing on most at least medical products in my state, to help the consumer make a more informed choice.

So basically, just because it says it's an Indica, doesn't necessarily mean all of its effects will be calm and relaxing. Just something to consider. It definitely takes time and patience to fine tune one's specific cannabis needs. You'll get there!

?format=1000w

Thanks for your response. I have very limited options with medical here in NJ and not sure if I caan get all this information or not. I am going to try to use it not everyday; we'll see how that goes. Insomnia and nausea remain an issue for me. Good to know others do use every day and seem to function okay!

So, limited here in PA as well. I ordered a product from Sol quite a while ago, and I’m still anxious to try it. It comes in liquid form with a dropper. I need something to help with the anxiety and insomnia. Anyone ever try this product or something like it? I keep reading about people who say that cannibus can rev you up. Who needs more revving😂

Please post what your experience has been if you’ve ever tried something similar. It will help my anxiety with trying this product. Thx Buddies😎

New Girl

Is the product from Sol simply CBD or does it have THC? If CBD hemp oil, I find that helps a tad with nausea and makes me feel more alert. It does not help me with insomnia. Hopefully someone else will chime in who knows the product.

I am so glad I found this group!  I was feeling judged on other threads for mentioning how much CBD oil has been a life saver for me.  I was about to give up on even coming on B.B. ... it was quite discouraging at times.  So happy I stumbled in here  ;)

I happen to use Charlotte’s Web - their Everday Advanced.  It really helps me with sleep, inflammation, and anxiety.  However, because it contains 0.03% THC, I started testing positive on drug tests after about a month of use. So I switched to a truly 0% THC product and I find it’s not as good for me. The only reason I need to have no THC right now is that I’m looking for a new job in the biotech/ pharma industry and they screen for THC before hiring.....oh, the irony...

It looks like this is a safe place to talk about all things cannabis, so thank you for creating the group!

Hello!

So I have about another year and four months left on my benzo journey. Then I have to start tapering gabapentin very slowly as I do benzos.

This morning and last night I had bad muscle pain and strain..odd symptoms.

I have talked to people who use CBD and they say it's worked wonders helping them get off of pills.

I am moving to Florida next month to where I understand medical MJ is legal..

1. Is it physically addictive like these pills?

2. Where do I even start.

Thank you <3

I've tried several cannabis products and they all made me feel bad.  It makes me hesitant to try anything cannabis related.  Has anyone else found that they cannot tolerate cannabis?  Hate to spend lots of money and trial-and-error to find out nothing works for me.  Any suggestions?  Keep hearing that we need to try this or that and tweak this and that.  But this has surely got to be very frustrating and expensive????

I am so glad I found this group!  I was feeling judged on other threads for mentioning how much CBD oil has been a life saver for me.  I was about to give up on even coming on B.B. ... it was quite discouraging at times.  So happy I stumbled in here  ;)

I happen to use Charlotte’s Web - their Everday Advanced.  It really helps me with sleep, inflammation, and anxiety.  However, because it contains 0.03% THC, I started testing positive on drug tests after about a month of use. So I switched to a truly 0% THC product and I find it’s not as good for me. The only reason I need to have no THC right now is that I’m looking for a new job in the biotech/ pharma industry and they screen for THC before hiring.....oh, the irony...

It looks like this is a safe place to talk about all things cannabis, so thank you for creating the group!

Hi, so you were on .25-1mg of k pin for how many years per dose? How long was your taper? & How did you do it how did it go is it going? If you don’t want to take up space answering on this board pm me & we can find another place to discuss out in the open. Much thanks. Needing experiences, reassurance of how people did this.

Hi, so you were on .25-1mg of k pin for how many years per dose? How long was your taper? & How did you do it how did it go is it going? If you don’t want to take up space answering on this board pm me & we can find another place to discuss out in the open. Much thanks. Needing experiences, reassurance of how people did this.

PMing you right now  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Need advice if anyone has any. I have been using mmj at night as part of a tincture (not much) and it has, honestly, worked very well for nausea. Not for sleep, although it relaxes me, too much for me to go to work with using it this way. It is a very high THC strain, blueberry kush. My options here are extremely limited--very few dispensaries, those with a wider variety of products having waiting lists at least a month long.

The daytime nausea is killing me. I wake up nauseous every single day, it normally does fade a bit but this week alone I have lost two pounds since Monday. I have Charlotte's Web CBD oil and am thinking of mixing a tiny bit of the thc into this to help with the nausea in the morning. I am starting a new job in a month (this is actually the second time this year that I have changed jobs ... but this is the right move for me) and really need to feel more confident in terms of not being afraid I am going to vomit at work. Because I almost did this morning. And there have been other mornings like this. I really need to feel better during the day because I can't see feeling like this every day for months more. It has been this way since January. My therapist keeps telling me to be optimistic but when you wake up everyday for seven months feeling like you are going to throw up, it is hard to be upbeat.

Any thoughts on whether this would work? If so, any recommendations in terms of percentages for mixing the two. I am thinking maybe just a few drops might help.

Again, thanks for any advice. I'd take any advice on pot and nausea, I have done the online research, but any personal advice appreciated--the regular nausea meds just don't work, I can take a boatload of compazine and still be sick all night and zofran does nothing except make me incredibly constipated.

Hi NJ I’d definitely try mixing the two together, you didn’t say how many drops of the tincture you’re using at night, I think what I’d do is try it on a day you don’t need to work and use half the amount of drops of the thc you’re using at night. The cbd should help counteract any psychoactive effects.

I’m not familiar with CW dosages but personally I’d start with a ratio of 1:4 ( thc : cbd) evaluate then move to 1:2 then evaluate again, continuing with a 1:1 experimentation. That’s how I’d do it using the products you have available, hopefully that will get you through until you can try another product and get you started on the new job with some confidence. I hope this makes sense to you, I’m so sorry again about the nausea as you know I totally relate.

:smitten: