Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

So I am awaiting my card. May be two more weeks. I am really struggling with insomnia and nausea. Up all night vomiting many nights and I just started a new job with no sick tome accumulated yet so this has been a nightmare will marijuana really help with this? I am hanging on by a thread here and need some hope. I will have to call out tomorrow because I am a total mess but cannot keep doing this. Please share your thoughts.  Have thrown up every anti nausea medicine I have taken tonight.

Both CBD and THC have been shown to act as an anti-emetic; they can both help calm nausea and vomiting. The first thing I reach for when I'm nauseous is THC and peppermint tea. Cancer patients undergoing chemo and radiation as well as HIV patients with wasting syndrome were supposedly the first group to discover this awesome property of cannabis. It helped them eat and keep food down. There are some medical studies out there to read about. I'm hoping what's happening right now in the US regarding cannabis at least helps get effective research efforts rolling.

I can attest to THC's ability to help with sleep. If not for THC, I wouldn't be getting the 6-7 hours of sleep per night as I do now that I'm 11+ months out. I take an awesome THC product called Stratos Sleep, which are THC tablets formulated to last for 8 hours. The makers used to be employed in the pharmaceutical industry; now they use their knowledge and scientific power for good. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you're going to be helped by it; I wish I could say how well. It's been there for me for 26 years and counting. Hang in there!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi NJ, maybe it will help you feel a little more comfortable and ease your concerns if I share how much medical cannabis has helped my nausea. I did not actually throw up multiple times day or night (thank god) but I sure spent a few miserable years dry heaving daily with unrelenting nausea before I got my card. I’m so sorry your nausea is so severe, it sounds absolutely horrendous. 

I’ve experienced a great deal of relief from my nausea with only occasional rare flares  since I began using medical cannabis. The difference has been like night and day!  I can’t say whether or not it will help you, however it does have a really good track record for treating nausea as aurora mentioned.

Here are some more links you may find helpful specifically relating to treating nausea:

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/cannabis-treat-nausea

https://www.projectcbd.org/managing-nausea-cannabis

https://www.catscientific.com/therapeutic-effects-cbd-nausea-vomiting/

Study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165951/

It can be very very overwhelming to begin using products, I know I was utterly overwhelmed when I first began experimenting. I’ve found keeping a canna journal to take notes about the specific product you’re trying so you can look back at the duration of the dose and note any positive / negative reactions, as well as noting a product may be more suited to nighttime versus daytime usage. Having it written for reference makes it so much easier to determine efficacy in formulating an effective  plan.

I believe it can take up to a month for cannabinoids to build or activate I think is the word our own endocannabinoid system.  I understood a lot of patience would be required purely because it’s largely a trial and error experience with results that sometimes take a little longer to be noticed.  Great and useful advice I was given to slowly ease into usage and allow myself to build a comfort level while experimenting and assessing.

I really hope you’ll find the key to your nausea, fwiw I’ve used a variety of strains and methods of delivery, some with a higher thc ratio as well those with equal ratios of cbd, and the results have been consistent as it relates to my nausea. They’ve all helped the nausea.  Having some help with even one major sxs can make the world of difference in quality of life and now I simply can’t imagine not having this available it’s been so helpful to me.

Lily I’m so glad you’re finding cannabis helpful as well!

:smitten:

Hi NJ, maybe it will help you feel a little more comfortable and ease your concerns if I share how much medical cannabis has helped my nausea. I did not actually throw up multiple times day or night (thank god) but I sure spent a few miserable years dry heaving daily with unrelenting nausea before I got my card. I’m so sorry your nausea is so severe, it sounds absolutely horrendous. 

I’ve experienced a great deal of relief from my nausea with only occasional rare flares  since I began using medical cannabis. The difference has been like night and day!  I can’t say whether or not it will help you, however it does have a really good track record for treating nausea as aurora mentioned.

Here are some more links you may find helpful specifically relating to treating nausea:

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/cannabis-treat-nausea

https://www.projectcbd.org/managing-nausea-cannabis

https://www.catscientific.com/therapeutic-effects-cbd-nausea-vomiting/

Study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165951/

It can be very very overwhelming to begin using products, I know I was utterly overwhelmed when I first began experimenting. I’ve found keeping a canna journal to take notes about the specific product you’re trying so you can look back at the duration of the dose and note any positive / negative reactions, as well as noting a product may be more suited to nighttime versus daytime usage. Having it written for reference makes it so much easier to determine efficacy in formulating an effective  plan.

I believe it can take up to a month for cannabinoids to build or activate I think is the word our own endocannabinoid system.  I understood a lot of patience would be required purely because it’s largely a trial and error experience with results that sometimes take a little longer to be noticed.  Great and useful advice I was given to slowly ease into usage and allow myself to build a comfort level while experimenting and assessing.

I really hope you’ll find the key to your nausea, fwiw I’ve used a variety of strains and methods of delivery, some with a higher thc ratio as well those with equal ratios of cbd, and the results have been consistent as it relates to my nausea. They’ve all helped the nausea.  Having some help with even one major sxs can make the world of difference in quality of life and now I simply can’t imagine not having this available it’s been so helpful to me.

Lily I’m so glad you’re finding cannabis helpful as well!

Thank you for taking the time to reply in such a thoughtful post. I really feel I have reached a terrifying depressing point with the taper with the endless nausea, and increased vomiting since February (mostly dry heaving, as you mentioned, as I often don't eat much). I am really hoping the medical marijuana will help. Still need to wait a few weeks for the card to come .... your idea of a journal is a really good one.

Thanks for sharing and providing much-needed hope.

Any opinions or knowledge if CBD effects gaba and will prolong the healing once off benzos or during taper.

I ask because I was using during my taper and up to two and a half weeks ago after my jump which is now a little over 9 weeks. Cbd seemed to really help me as i wasn't feeling too many bad withdrawal effects that I couldnt deal with. Since I stopped CBD 17 days ago I started to get more withdrawal symptoms that I didn't really have too bad when I tapered and thru the first 7 weeks after my jump. I only stopped CBD. To see if it may be affecting me getting bruising for no reason

Any opinions would be welcome

I guess I'm asking because I really would like to go back on cbd but didn't know if my current withdrawal symptoms are me healing and if I do cbd will I prolong the healing

Thanks In advance

Any opinions or knowledge if CBD effects gaba and will prolong the healing once off benzos or during taper.

I ask because I was using during my taper and up to two and a half weeks ago after my jump which is now a little over 9 weeks. Cbd seemed to really help me as i wasn't feeling too many bad withdrawal effects that I couldnt deal with. Since I stopped CBD 17 days ago I started to get more withdrawal symptoms that I didn't really have too bad when I tapered and thru the first 7 weeks after my jump. I only stopped CBD. To see if it may be affecting me getting bruising for no reason

I guess I'm asking because I really would like to go back on cbd but didn't know if my current withdrawal symptoms are me healing and if I do cbd will I prolong the healing

Thanks In advance

I would think the CBD was probably masking your withdrawal effects (which in my mind would be a good thing). And since you have stopped, now you are feeling it again.

Thanks NJ

That's kind of what I was,thinking

Which is why I will probably go back to cbd in a few weeks

I really don't think the cbd is causing my blood ģ bruising issues

I've been to two blood doctors and they can't find anything wrong. I'm still thinking benzos could have been the cause

Thanks In advance

I'm not a medical professional, but I do work in a dispensary that sells CBD products, and when customers ask how to tell if it's working, we suggest taking it for two weeks and stopping to see how they feel, which is exactly what it sounds like you did. It can take a little trial and error to find one's optimal dosage. The benefits seem to be more subtle than THC.

I've been taking it since before my taper and withdrawal; luckily for me it's never done anything but contribute to my healing. Out of all the things I can blame for my symptoms, CBD is never one of them. It's even actually known to help lessen negative effects THC can sometimes have, like anxiety and paranoia.  ;)

Here's a link to good information about how CBD works: https://www.projectcbd.org/science/cannabis-pharmacology/how-cbd-works

Thanks aurora

I too used CBD during my taper and withdrawal

For a total of 6 months

Im convinced it indeed helped me not feel major withdrawal

Symptoms.  I guess I really shouldn't dig too deep into the scientific aspect if it ultimately did what I was hoping it would. So the bottom line should be if it works don't fix what isn't broken. So I plan on using it again once I stop for enough time to evaluate if it has anything to do with my blood / bruising issues. The reason I actually asked the question about if any one thought it prolonged healing was based on the article you linked to where it suggests that CBD does indeed effect the gaba a receptors. So I was again looking too deep and wondering if it was effecting my healing and prolonging the healing process if it was affecting my gaba receptors like benzos do. Sone people seem to think that when you go through some of the withdraw symptoms that you are actually healing. So since I started getting more withdrawal symptoms I was wondering if I was now healing faster than if I were on CBD  when I wasn't feeling as much withdrawal effects

Again I know I'm over thinking as it shouldn't matter because if the CBD keeps you from having symptoms then you should be happy. After all after my 1st jump after using benzos I reinstated Cannabis into my system which also took away all of my withdrawal symptoms after stopping for 3 months.

So bottom line CBD and Cannabis helped elleviate my withdrawal symptoms so why should I care.

Sorry for the round about ramblings but I guess I answered my own questions

Hi guys...

I have been smoking again this year, and it helps me get through my morning stomach cramping..

Prob helps me get through the rest of the day too..

It does make me a bit brain foggy, but we have no choices of product where I live...

I was asked about WD from chronic use ("pot" -with THC) by someone close to me. Taken to sleep..

Are there specific receptors and transmitters that are affected, or similar..??

She mentioned Glutamate and melotonin...??

Does anyone know of things that help MJ WD?? -personally, I dont get any WD that I have ever noticed...

Thanks..

NJ, hold on... Im hoping you will get some good help when you get your card...

Your strength is amazing..!!

[7d...]

My system has become extremely sensitive to all substances, including cbd, since discontinuing benzos

I began cbd several months back. Had good results. But after a month or so, the benefits leveled off. So I discontinued, and went through a bad flair in symptoms which lasted about 3 to 4 weeks, until I returned to the baseline I was at before taking cbd.

I usually just had a little depression for a day or two without mj mostly psychological from not being able to get it.

I also would get tired in the afternoon. And maybe a little of what I would call the stares or a burnt out feeling.But other than that it wasn't too bad for me and I had been indulging for over 40 years. I'm not sure what receptors and the scientifics  behind it. But to me its not like the withdrawal I had from stopping benzos and now cbd for the last 4 weeks. Mind you I believe the cbd withdrawal is really benzo withdrawal which was actually helped using the cbd. I only stopped to see if it would improve some bruising issues I'm currently having. I'll probably reinstate cbd in about another 4 weeks if things don't improve bruising wise.

Cantfly-  I've never had cannabis withdrawal, but I do notice differences over time after stopping it.  For me, I get the BEST night's sleep and less anxiety the next morning if I haven't had it in a while(like at least a few days).  It USED to be, after a month of stopping, my brain felt sharper; however, my brain hasn't felt sharp in ages, so I don't know how that would play out. 

I have started mixing my strains and that seems to be working well for me.  I have taken a CDB strain, with no THC, and mixed it with some Indica and some Sativa.  I actually have been increasing the amount of CDB strain, as I feel like that is the one that helps me sleep deeply or just deeper and wake up less.  The other two strains help me get to sleep and feel less anxious or concerned about things. 

I do feel like my pulse gets sped up sometimes, right after I smoke, and that causes some anxiety.  If I can just get distracted for like 30-40 minutes, it goes away, and then I am usually fine, though a few times, it has persisted and been very uncomfortable.  I may try this mix again, and leave out the sativa and/or the indica and see if one works better than the other.  Or maybe it is the specific strains that I have been using. I'm not sure. 

The CBD strain has been great for sleeping, but not great at making me able to fall asleep.

I'd love to hear what strains everyone is using and what is working for them.  I think the actual ones are specific to the company I get them from.  Here are the strains I've been using this week:

CDB:  Odyssey  -this is the first CBD blend I have tried.

Sativa:  Harvest Premium - not sure I really like this one very much, but it came pre-milled, which is a plus.

Indica:  Kanata Mini- I like this one a lot.  It feels distracting and somewhat relaxing. 

Cantfly-  I've never had cannabis withdrawal, but I do notice differences over time after stopping it.  For me, I get the BEST night's sleep and less anxiety the next morning if I haven't had it in a while(like at least a few days).  It USED to be, after a month of stopping, my brain felt sharper; however, my brain hasn't felt sharp in ages, so I don't know how that would play out. 

I have started mixing my strains and that seems to be working well for me.  I have taken a CDB strain, with no THC, and mixed it with some Indica and some Sativa.  I actually have been increasing the amount of CDB strain, as I feel like that is the one that helps me sleep deeply or just deeper and wake up less.  The other two strains help me get to sleep and feel less anxious or concerned about things. 

I do feel like my pulse gets sped up sometimes, right after I smoke, and that causes some anxiety.  If I can just get distracted for like 30-40 minutes, it goes away, and then I am usually fine, though a few times, it has persisted and been very uncomfortable.  I may try this mix again, and leave out the sativa and/or the indica and see if one works better than the other.  Or maybe it is the specific strains that I have been using. I'm not sure. 

The CBD strain has been great for sleeping, but not great at making me able to fall asleep.

I'd love to hear what strains everyone is using and what is working for them.  I think the actual ones are specific to the company I get them from.  Here are the strains I've been using this week:

CDB:  Odyssey  -this is the first CBD blend I have tried.

Sativa:  Harvest Premium - not sure I really like this one very much, but it came pre-milled, which is a plus.

Indica:  Kanata Mini- I like this one a lot.  It feels distracting and somewhat relaxing.

I heard indica is the best to not promote panic or anxiety. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Arghhh I’m a little late with this link, the second season of The Sacred Plant series. There are a few more hours left to view the first episode. This is a terrific series for anyone interested in cannabis medicine in general, it seems they’re not calling it the sacred plant every few minutes unlike last years series thankfully I found that incredibly annoying, lol.

In this episode one woman specifically mentioned being prescribed a combination of opioids and benzodiazepines, she  began using cannabis to wean herself from both medications. Unfortunately she did not give specific details, hopefully she will be featured in one of the next episodes.

The link is active until 9 pm EST.

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/rDshI/6/HY/VGb/61QOOP/6nD4XxWgeb/P/P

Episode schedule:

Episode 1 - The Sacred Plant…Examined

(Airs on Wednesday, June 20th at 9 p.m. Eastern)

In this exciting season premiere, you’ll discover what makes cannabis such a powerful healing agent and learn about the dark history of its prohibition. You’ll also hear heart-wrenching yet inspirational stories from multiple patients, including a four-time Grammy Award winner, how one family snuck cannabis oil into the hospital for their 2-year-old son, Cashy...and how he beat cancer twice, and many more.

Episode 2 - Stopping Pain, Insomnia, Anxiety and Autoimmune Conditions

(Airs on Thursday, June 21st at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Discover how cannabis addresses multiple symptoms at once and helps patients get off of addictive and harmful pharmaceutical drugs.

Episode 3 - Ending Suffering for Our Children: Autism, Seizures and More

(Airs on Friday, June 22nd at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Experience for yourself how these autistic and epileptic children have made miraculous improvements using cannabis...when years of taking prescription medication and traditional meds have failed them.

Episode 4 - Treating Cancer Part 2

(Airs on Saturday, June 23rd at 9 p.m. Eastern)

In a continuation of where we left off in Episode 4 of Season 1, we’ll take you deep inside the cancer-cannabis connection with patient and doctor interviews. See for yourself how The Sacred Plant heals, treats, and even beats this dreaded disease.

Episode 5 - Accessing The Sacred Plant: The Unjust Laws and How To Navigate Them

(Airs on Sunday, June 24th at 9 p.m. Eastern)

We’ll show you how the cannabis is grown and processed for medical use and what you can do if you live in a state where cannabis isn’t yet legal. You’ll also meet patients and parents who fought for legal access and won.

Episode 6 - Extending the Quality and Quantity of Life for Us and Our Beloved Pets

(Airs on Monday, June 25th at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Discover how The Sacred Plant is used for wellness and prevention in seniors...and for treating your pet(s).

Episode 7 - Treating PTSD + Selecting Your Medicine, Dosage and a Qualified Doctor

(Airs on Tuesday, June 26th at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Hi All,

I am definitely protracted in my healing journey!

I have been off Benzos for years. But still struggling...

I was thinking of trying some hemp cbd...

I would really appreciate any feedback. As I have been terrified to really try anything the past few years.

Thanks much

[7d...]

Cbd oil itself isn't very effective in my opinion. Having a small portion of thc and high cbd would probably be more effective.

You can buy high quality cbd called Charlotte's Web on ebay for like half price. That would probably be the best bet if you're not into thc 

Okay, I have changed my mix, in light of my changing symptoms in withdrawal.  I have currently been holding for three months, at the low dose of .0625mg klonopin, and my symptoms have changed.  My sleep has gotten better, but my muscle tension and migraine headaches and nausea are back. 

So two nights ago, I got a migraine.  My migraines during withdrawal are LONG.  It started Wednesday afternoon and has come and gone since then, with nausea and pain and a sort of dizzy feeling as well as lots of muscle tension.

So I have now mixed my CBD with the Indica strain, with 2X as much CBD as Indica. This has helped my headache and muscle tension A LOT.  The nausea goes away.  The pain is still there but does not bother me as much.  I might add more Indica in next time, but this works very well for my migraine headache.  I have also been taking some aspirin, but I try to take it sparingly, so as not to create a rebound headache. 

Green Cup, I’m really sorry migraines and nausea have returned....but glad your insomnia has improved. I’ve also found either 1:1 or 1:2 ratios have worked best for my head pain.  I microdose tiny amounts during the day but in the evening I also use an indica or indica dominant hybrid to help with sleep. Best of luck with your taper, you’re almost there!

I’ll continue to post all the remaining Sacred Plant links since I wasn’t able to include the original email signing for the series.

Episode 3 ( link available until Saturday 9 pm EST)

http://thesacredplant.ontraport.com/c/s/qIX/rQxyY/6/H0/VGb/61yfm0/6ZZHqSWmAv/P/P

I just tried medical marijuana for the first time last night. What is available locally is pretty limited. I am looking for help with sleep and nausea.

Blueberry kush was recommended as a good strain for sleep and nausea, so that is what I used. I decided to try an edible for first-timers, used 1/4 tsp of the MMJ on a cookie, sandwiched with nutella and graham crackers, bake at 325 for 15 minutes.

I definitely felt very, very tired, but had a hard time falling asleep (felt a little anxious) and then could not get up this morning. I did feel hungry for the first time in months this morning, so that is a positive.

If I were to try this again, should I use less, 1/8 tsp? Any other suggestions? I was told this would knock me out. Would taking some CBD hemp oil at the same time help in some way.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am intending to make a tincture with this eventually just wanted to try an edible first. I am not interested in vaping or smoking.

Hey NJ...!!

i been waiting for this moment..!! I think with a little time and fine tuning, this will work well for you...

It may help to take it a little earlier in the evening...

Im not sure on your product, but I know if I smoke right before bed, The high brightens me up before the crash comes... and I wake brighter in the morning...

So great it helped with nausia and eating... same here...

Obviously you guys have a completely different oppertunity, -I just get whatever "pot" is going at the time...

Anyways, I hope it really helps..!!

:)

Hey NJ...!!

i been waiting for this moment..!! I think with a little time and fine tuning, this will work well for you...

It may help to take it a little earlier in the evening...

Im not sure on your product, but I know if I smoke right before bed, The high brightens me up before the crash comes... and I wake brighter in the morning...

So great it helped with nausia and eating... same here...

Obviously you guys have a completely different oppertunity, -I just get whatever "pot" is going at the time...

Anyways, I hope it really helps..!!

:)

Thanks Cant. I know I have been waiting so long and was thrilled to wake up hungry but not thrilled to wake up so out of it. Need to keep experimenting although only try things on the weekends so it doesn't mess me up during the week when I am working. Will try a little less a little earlier in the night. I still feel a bit out of it 16 hours later.

Hey NJ!  You might want to try a strain with more CBD in it or maybe taking some of your hemp oil- though I'm not sure if that is as effective.  I also think you need to take it a few hours before you actually want to go to sleep.  You get tired as the THC wears off, but not so with CBD.  CBD helps to relax you and sleep as it works. 

I also think part of the problem may be ingesting it.  When I got my prescription I got a handout that said the length of time it took for each method of ingestion to work, and how long it lasted and edibles was the longest for both.  It is one of the reasons I have been vaping, cause it only lasts two hours and only takes 15 minutes to work.  It's possible that if you are eating it, it is actually lasting well into the night and when you wake up, you are still feeling some of the effects. 

If you are dead set on using an edible, then I would definitely try eating it earlier in the night. 

I'm going to look for that handout about how long each method takes, cause I don't remember the numbers exactly, just that edibles take and last the longest.