Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some marys medicinal cbn patches with 5% thc for sleep.  Am just starting my taper so I haven't tried them yet.  But this seems very hopeful. A representative from Mary's medicinals said they are hoping to come out with a CBN patch with no THC in 2017 that will become 100% legal

Hot damn some legal cbn nice then everyone can try it out. That is Awsome!

What if that could be the beginning of the end of the pharmaceutical need for sleep medication!!

If that's so the government will make it illegal again

Too much governing in my opinion....

Indeed and it has only gotten progressively worse during my 26 years on this planet. I imagine in a few years they will be force feeding us all in cages or something else dramatic  :idiot:

I need to move to outer space and start a brand new colony.

they lack enforcement resources. especialy since states like CA have it legal. I highly suspect that we will see full legalization in CA with one of the props.

obviously the pharma industry (which owns parts of the goverment aka FDA) does not want this. there was even something in wikileaks where clinton when asked, said she opposes legalization.

the depth of corruption and greed in the pharma industry are truly shocking.

Last night I tried the cbd oil (from ezra) around 7pm for slight anxiety. Day 5 of micro taper.  It helped and gave me a more + mood.  Cant say if 2 are related but sine I have been on valium I go to bed at 11 and wake up between 130 and 2. Last night it was 330.  If felt like a good sleep with dreams.

I keep hearing that anything that relieves sx can impede eventual healing due to affect on receptors. Do you think using mm impedes or slows down healing?

[4d...]
People say a lot of things about healing and rates and what may influence them.  Don't believe all of it.  A person probably should stay away from alcohol and agents that strongly affect GABAA receptors.  CBD doesn't target that system. 

[4d...]
I'm not aware of a study on the mode of action of CBN, but since most cannabinoids interact primarily with cannabinoid receptors, I'm pretty sure that CBN will too.

Hi Everyone,  just introducing myself to this group

I used MMJ during my tapper and it controlled all the muscle spasms and tight jaw problems as well as nausea.  I would not have been able to get off benzos without it.  So now that I am off all benzos I have reduced my use of MMJ.  Currently I use little to no THC before 5 pm. So during the day I use a vape pen with high CDB oil or CDB olive oil tincture.  I have tried every form of CBD (edibles, patches, hemp based, etc.) and the vape pen and the tincture work best for me.  I do not even need  ibuprofen or any analgesic anymore thanks to CBDs.  As far as my use of THC I use an Indica dominant hybrid or pure Indica strain of either vape oil or lose flower in the evening.  Also I am vet with PTSD and MMJ helps me manage so well that, I do not need any medications at all.  I  also use THC (stavia dominant hybrid to avoid fatigue) when I have a bad PTSD trigger during the day because it reduces the intensity of my emotions and allows me to gain enough control to use behavior modification techniques. 

looking forward to interacting with this group.  :)

I used MMJ during my tapper and it controlled all the muscle spasms and tight jaw problems as well as nausea.  I would not have been able to get off benzos without it.  So now that I am off all benzos I have reduced my use of MMJ.  Currently I use little to no THC before 5 pm. So during the day I use a vape pen with high CDB oil or CDB olive oil tincture.  I have tried every form of CBD (edibles, patches, hemp based, etc.) and the vape pen and the tincture work best for me.  I do not even need  ibuprofen or any analgesic anymore thanks to CBDs.  As far as my use of THC I use an Indica dominant hybrid or pure Indica strain of either vape oil or lose flower in the evening.  Also I am vet with PTSD and MMJ helps me manage so well that, I do not need any medications at all.  I  also use THC (stavia dominant hybrid to avoid fatigue) when I have a bad PTSD trigger during the day because it reduces the intensity of my emotions and allows me to gain enough control to use behavior modification techniques. 

Hi benzosrbad,

Welcome!  Sounds like you got this pretty figured out...that's really great that these control some of the unpleasantries about w/d...any help at all is welcome..right??

So do I understand you properly...you do use THC and it helps your fatigue..how does it work mentally..any paranoia?? This is why I avoid THC because, speaking for myself, now..it would make me totally paranoid. CBD is about all I can handle...

Welcome

That's Awsome cannabis helps you so much. I watched a documentary on vice about vets using cannabis to treat ptsd most of them said its the only thing that actually works.

Cannabis is the only way I got through my taper as well. I worked all the way through my taper and the only thing that kept me going was cannabis. I vaped or smoked the whole time at work.

I stopped all cannabis use after I jumped though. I was in the worst shape I have ever been in my life. I did take a couple hits my third week off but I was in such a bad way I couldn't tell if it helped or made it better. I am thinking of trying again soon for sleep , but have been suffering extreme ocd . I am worried it might make it worse and I have never been obsessive before in my life so it's hard to cope with. Might end up freaking out about every little thing happening to me.

Did you ever use cbn for insomnia?

Hi Magnolis,

So to the best of my knowledge as MMJ dries out the THC drops and the CBNs go up, so what I do is use my older stuff for sleeping and it really seems to help me sleep much better than the high THC stuff. 

Hi CeCe Too,

To avoid paranoia I never buy MMJ with more than 20% THC and I try to micro dose. What I mean by that is a smoke as little as possible to get the effect I want. So, I use a little and wait 15 minutes before using anymore.  Also low dose edibles like 10mg candies work well for me.  I treat my use of MMJ like regular medicine, I do not want to take more than I need and I do not want to be so high I can not drive or work.  :thumbsup:

[4d...]

The conversion of THC -> CBN is very slow.  Decarboxylation (THCA -> THC) occurs much faster than oxidation of THC to CBN (or THCA to CBNA).  Both reactions are considerably slower than just drying out.

It takes me more than 8 hours @ 160C to convert THC -> CBN  (I've only tried this on oil)

It only takes me about an hour @ 110C to decarboxylate THCA -> THC  (oil or flower)

Neither reaction occurs appreciably at 50C - a temperature that will dry out a flower in around a day.

The conversion of THC -> CBN is very slow.  Decarboxylation (THCA -> THC) occurs much faster than oxidation of THC to CBN (or THCA to CBNA).  Both reactions are considerably slower than just drying out.

It takes me more than 8 hours @ 160C to convert THC -> CBN  (I've only tried this on oil)

It only takes me about an hour @ 110C to decarboxylate THCA -> THC  (oil or flower)

Neither reaction occurs appreciably at 50C - a temperature that will dry out a flower in around a day.

I see thanks for sharing this.  I just started experimenting with Decarboxylation last week. I decarboxylated some super strong Indica and then infused it into some coconut oil and it does help me sleep. Best part it only takes about a tea spoon to relax me. 

Hi CeCe Too,

To avoid paranoia I never buy MMJ with more than 20% THC and I try to micro dose. What I mean by that is a smoke as little as possible to get the effect I want. So, I use a little and wait 15 minutes before using anymore.  Also low dose edibles like 10mg candies work well for me.  I treat my use of MMJ like regular medicine, I do not want to take more than I need and I do not want to be so high I can not drive or work.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response, benzosrbad...how do you know it's only 20%THC? I guess I'm not understanding how to buy this stuff anymore..do you get it from someone you know??  It sounds like it really works well for you and I'd love to try it for myself...mainly for anxiety and social anxiety, as well. So if it can be gotten at 20%, I just want to know how...thanks so much!!  ~CeCe 

Hi CeCe Too,

Thanks for the response, benzosrbad...how do you know it's only 20%THC? I guess I'm not understanding how to buy this stuff anymore..do you get it from someone you know??  It sounds like it really works well for you and I'd love to try it for myself...mainly for anxiety and social anxiety, as well. So if it can be gotten at 20%, I just want to know how...thanks so much!!  ~CeCe

If you buy from a shop it will list it on the package like with alchohal the percentage of thc and cbd.