Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I just started using an indica tincture. Its great because you can use 1/2 dropper full with no more than 3 mg thc. high levels of thc are not good for tapering people. It takes the edge off.  If wd gets worse I will use 1 full dropper.

The main thing that helped with head pressure and head pain is this:  go to your local drugstore and get a microwavable hear pack used for muscle pain.  Heat it as high as you can stand.  Lay down. PUT across your eyes and temples. Wrap it around your head if you can. Lay in peace for 15 to 30 min.  Its worked for me every time.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started using a CBD oil today and am supplementing with a small amount of Indica vaped to see if it will help with my head and stomach issues. I only used 1mg of the CBD but it seems to be helping. Today has been much better than it was yesterday. If this really does work, it'd be a game changer for me. My plan is to go up to 2.5 or 3mg twice per day. Could have the added benefit of helping with my diabetic neuropathy. 

jjrosk,

I know others have used Indica strains and CBD for headaches. It was also talked about in the class I mentioned. I don't remember everything that was said. You can also vape pure CBD on its own or with flower. With headaches you may want to vape so it acts faster. Also some put CBD or Indica oils on their temples. MM can also help with neuropathy. I have gotten it with my cycle lately and use it to help. I hope it really helps you!

:smitten:

XO Maya

I just started using an indica tincture. Its great because you can use 1/2 dropper full with no more than 3 mg thc. high levels of thc are not good for tapering people. It takes the edge off.  If wd gets worse I will use 1 full dropper.

The main thing that helped with head pressure and head pain is this:  go to your local drugstore and get a microwavable hear pack used for muscle pain.  Heat it as high as you can stand.  Lay down. PUT across your eyes and temples. Wrap it around your head if you can. Lay in peace for 15 to 30 min.  Its worked for me every time.

Tried this tonight. Good tip!

What's the safest thing to try for nerve pain while tapering? I'm back in a state with legal marijuana and I'd like to consider trying something, but I want to be as safe as humanly possible.

[24...]

What's the safest thing to try for nerve pain while tapering? I'm back in a state with legal marijuana and I'd like to consider trying something, but I want to be as safe as humanly possible.

CBD helps some people with nerve pain.  It targets the TRVP1 pain receptor.  So, you might want to aim towards high CBD strains.  More info here:  https://www.projectcbd.org/how-cbd-works        High THC strains don't target TRVP1, but instead interact with various other systems that modulate pain.  They also tend to make you care less about the pain, which can add to their effectiveness.  I'd suggest going to your local dispensary, telling them what you're looking for and see what they recommend.  Try a few different samples and see which targets your specific pain the best.  The terpene myrcene (found in most cannabis strains) is also good for pain and inflammation and works synergistically with THC and CBD.  Some producers in the more 'mature' cannabis States will have their products tested for terpenes and will have that info available for the consumer.

Hi new here..not super knowledgable in this stuff..im 8 mo out and still suffer w muscle pain. anxiety and depression. fear in mornings -hard to get motivated. I tried an edible from my sisters husband. then 2nd one i tried was too much! i dont want to do any tch. i could try to get a card here but want more info. can you get edibles w no tch? does it help w anxiety too?

Sometimes i think the pain might be waking me up or is it the anxiety? Think if i felt better and could exercise harder id feel better dealing w life

I dont get the fear i have like hopelessness that is scary, fears of dying like mom n dad who had LungC and being 50 yrs old now, ...not working, afraid of so much.and afraid of becoming more depressed. Is this cbd help w fear too?

kris, there are pastes and oils now that are made with just CBD from hemp seeds. There is probably is some trace TCH, but not enough to be psychoactive. I've been experimenting with a brand called +CBD and so far I haven't experienced any high associated with it. It produces a very mild calming, soothing effect which is barely noticeable. I'm just starting out at 1.5 mg 2x a day and will probably gradually bump that up to 2.5. CBD is a neuroprotector so it might have some promise for post acute w/d. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18679164 If you decide to experiment with it, just make sure that you've found a reputable source.

It would be great if we had few folks here posting about their experience with it, at least for anecdotal evidence for it's efficacy.

A large part of my original insomnia was due to diabetic neuropathy which kept me from falling asleep. I sure wish I would have known about CBD first and I could have avoided all this mess.

As for feeling better if you were exercising more, unfortunately I found out the hard way that isn't always the case. Much better to listen to your body and engage in mild exercise (i.e. walking) until you are feeling closer to healed, IMO.

Hi new here..not super knowledgable in this stuff..im 8 mo out and still suffer w muscle pain. anxiety and depression. fear in mornings -hard to get motivated. I tried an edible from my sisters husband. then 2nd one i tried was too much! i dont want to do any tch. i could try to get a card here but want more info. can you get edibles w no tch? does it help w anxiety too?

Sometimes i think the pain might be waking me up or is it the anxiety? Think if i felt better and could exercise harder id feel better dealing w life

I dont get the fear i have like hopelessness that is scary, fears of dying like mom n dad who had LungC and being 50 yrs old now, ...not working, afraid of so much.and afraid of becoming more depressed. Is this cbd help w fear too?

I am having a day filled with fear like you. (but I have learned tomorrow or even 1 hour from now could be different).  Have had depression all my life and now with the this realization that I have to spend close to a year becoming free of this benzo, I am very sad because I feel my life is going to be and has been restricted. Who wants to travel when you are exhausted from valium?  Of all the groups in this forum, this is the most sympathetic. 

If you live in a mm marijuana state, get cbn (for sleep has minimal thc), or an Indica tincture, by dropper where you can regulate the thc. Am just learning about CNB which has no thc,.  I feel like these mm compounds are the future.  We are the ones trying it out. So its hit or miss. But so far, The indica tincture has helped me.  I bet tomorrow will be better for both of us.

One thing has NEVER failed me...FORCE Yourself to GO outside, sit under a tree and be in nature... It works for me every time.

thanks guys. heres a problem...MI is legal state. FL is not. Planning to go south for winter (dont even know when yet-bf has to get camper or remodel garage/shop) and by the time i get a card it useless. Less it changes there, and would i have to see drs there?

what about the "legal" stuff i think its hemp oil?

I just dont understand why sooo much anxiety NOW. 8 mo. could wd STILL be making everything mts outta molehills? I have lots to deal with for leaving and still deal w LungC phobia/smoking since death of parents (actually it didnt hit me till like 8months into klon)

Im gonna try to workout at the gym today. That used to be my drug

The pain has gone down some since spring when it burned

kris, my understanding is that since CBD only oils/pastes are made from industrial hemp, they are legal to consume in all 50 states.

I’m so happy to see so many members showing interest in this thread!

jjrosk – I agree with you about sharing our experience for anecdotal value. It would be great to hear what people are trying. I have not found a CBD formulation that works me – I think maybe the things I tried were too strong – so it would be rally helpful to hear details about how many milligrams and what formulations are working for others.

As for myself, I’ve had the best luck with CBN. I use an edible oil syringe, 20 mg CBN/night, and it gives me the best sleep I’ve had in years. 6-7 hours. However, I think many people would do well on 10mg.

That said, I’m learning that I need to be flexible here in CT. Right now, the state will have no more CBN formulations for several months. As a substitute, I am using Indica edibles, containing about 20mg THC, for sleep. Again, I think most people could do well on half that amount.  I’m a hard-core insomniac.

The strains that have been gentle and relaxing for me are called Rare Darkness and Girl Scout Cookies. As edibles, I believe a significant amount of the THC is converted to CBN. This gives me 5-6 hours of sleep, which is acceptable.

I’m currently working with a friend who is cannabis-wise, and she is very good at processing cannabis flower in her kitchen. She’s experimenting with trying to create a nice CBN oil from cannabis flower. She’s trying to  create 2 diffferent strenghths – a nighttime strength for sleep, and a daytime strength for breakthrough anxiety.  I don’t have results yet, but I’m hopeful. I will report if we are successful, because buying flower and making the oils yourself is definitely the most economical way to go.

For the record, I just want to say that I didn’t try cannabis until I was 2YrsFree, so I can’t speak about how it might work while tapering, but there are many other members here who can. I’ll leave it to them.

Hope this gives newcomers a little bit of reassurance. If I had known what I know now when I was tapering, I think I would’ve given this a shot.

Btw – someone asked what MJ stands for – MJ= marijuana, MMJ= medical marijuana.

[24...]

so cbd come in oils and paste to consume and help for pain/relax? what is mj?

mj - Mary Jane (an old slang term for marajuana)

I’m so happy to see so many members showing interest in this thread!

jjrosk – I agree with you about sharing our experience for anecdotal value. It would be great to hear what people are trying. I have not found a CBD formulation that works me – I think maybe the things I tried were too strong – so it would be rally helpful to hear details about how many milligrams and what formulations are working for others.

As for myself, I’ve had the best luck with CBN. I use an edible oil syringe, 20 mg CBN/night, and it gives me the best sleep I’ve had in years. 6-7 hours. However, I think many people would do well on 10mg.

That said, I’m learning that I need to be flexible here in CT. Right now, the state will have no more CBN formulations for several months. As a substitute, I am using Indica edibles, containing about 20mg THC, for sleep. Again, I think most people could do well on half that amount.  I’m a hard-core insomniac.

The strains that have been gentle and relaxing for me are called Rare Darkness and Girl Scout Cookies. As edibles, I believe a significant amount of the THC is converted to CBN. This gives me 5-6 hours of sleep, which is acceptable.

I’m currently working with a friend who is cannabis-wise, and she is very good at processing cannabis flower in her kitchen. She’s experimenting with trying to create a nice CBN oil from cannabis flower. She’s trying to  create 2 diffferent strenghths – a nighttime strength for sleep, and a daytime strength for breakthrough anxiety.  I don’t have results yet, but I’m hopeful. I will report if we are successful, because buying flower and making the oils yourself is definitely the most economical way to go.

For the record, I just want to say that I didn’t try cannabis until I was 2YrsFree, so I can’t speak about how it might work while tapering, but there are many other members here who can. I’ll leave it to them.

Hope this gives newcomers a little bit of reassurance. If I had known what I know now when I was tapering, I think I would’ve given this a shot.

Btw – someone asked what MJ stands for – MJ= marijuana, MMJ= medical marijua

Aft35years

Please keep me informed on the cbn oil .  At $10. Per use. The marys medicinals cbn  patches won't be sustainable on my income.

Thanks

[24...]
I see some tinctures (glycerol tinctures) that are pretty dilute.  Often only 1 mg of cannabinoid per ml of glycerol.  It might take several droppers full to take in enough CBD to do much good.  Personally, I prefer alcohol tinctures.  They can be very concentrated (well over 100 mg/ml), so just a few drops will deliver enough medicine to do some good.

I see some tinctures (glycerol tinctures) that are pretty dilute.  Often only 1 mg of cannabinoid per ml of glycerol.  It might take several droppers full to take in enough CBD to do much good.  Personally, I prefer alcohol tinctures.  They can be very concentrated (well over 100 mg/ml), so just a few drops will deliver enough medicine to do some good.

How much alcohol in those? I'm still tapering.

[24...]
The stuff I make is made with 95% alcohol, but it only takes a small amount to get the job done (less than 1 ml).  That's the equivalent of 1/10th of a shot of 80-proof alcohol. 

So I went to a shop today and found a couple of things that were interesting.

One was a tincture that said it was "extracted in 80% Vegetable Glycerin and 20% Can Alcohol". Does that sound normal or safe? Other ingredients were Dong Quai, cumcumin, peony, black peppercorn, white willow bark.