Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor in two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Out of curiosity, though, did you quit the Prilosec after quitting benzos? My understanding is that most people already on a PPI (17 years on Prilosec for me) should wait to quit until they've tapered.

Yes, I was 1Yr free before I found him. You have very good questions. I would wait to take any action until you have your consult. I hope this doc is a good fit for you!

Thanks. I'm definitely going to wait. I was just wondering your situation. Looking at your sig it looks like you fought a tough battle. Congratulations. Gives me hope as someone who was polydrugged for 13 years that I might have a chance.

Yes, we have a similar background, and it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I wish I had found my functional medicine MD sooner - I'm still repairing collateral damage that might have been prevented if I was better informed. You have every reason to have hope - count on it!

I'm looking into d-limonene for acid reflux. My Dr is trying to put me on a PPI, and apparently taking one capsule of this every other day for 20 days can cure reflux for up to 6 months. I'm still going to do more research, but it sounds promising. It also has supposed cancer preventing mechanisms.

It's hard to find strain fingerprints online that are this detailed, but I found it for Cannatonic, which is equal in THC and CBD (1:1) and can contain d-limonene up to .35%. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor in two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Out of curiosity, though, did you quit the Prilosec after quitting benzos? My understanding is that most people already on a PPI (17 years on Prilosec for me) should wait to quit until they've tapered.

Yes, I was 1Yr free before I found him. You have very good questions. I would wait to take any action until you have your consult. I hope this doc is a good fit for you!

Thanks. I'm definitely going to wait. I was just wondering your situation. Looking at your sig it looks like you fought a tough battle. Congratulations. Gives me hope as someone who was polydrugged for 13 years that I might have a chance.

Yes, we have a similar background, and it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I wish I had found my functional medicine MD sooner - I'm still repairing collateral damage that might have been prevented if I was better informed. You have every reason to have hope - count on it!

I'm looking into d-limonene for acid reflux. My Dr is trying to put me on a PPI, and apparently taking one capsule of this every other day for 20 days can cure reflux for up to 6 months. I'm still going to do more research, but it sounds promising. It also has supposed cancer preventing mechanisms.

It's hard to find strain fingerprints online that are this detailed, but I found it for Cannatonic, which is equal in THC and CBD (1:1) and can contain d-limonene up to .35%.

Awesome. I will have to look into that. Using that plus the oral supplement will hopefully provide relief.

Hello everyone!

I just found this thread. Glad that we are able to share info re medical MJ  on the forum :thumbsup:  8)

I have been off of benzo poison for 3.5 yrs now. I am almost healed but still experience some waves & insomnia. I am now considering using MJ to induce sleep. CBN seems to be the way from my research. The CBD hemp stuff does not agree with me, so yesterday I made a 60ml batch of oil using a .5oz of male plant &  .25g of indica bud. I used a double boiler & slow cooked on low for 9 hours.  Hopefully the THC fron the indica bud will mostly be converted to CBN & will be enough to induce a good nights sleep. I will be trying the oil tonight.

Thinking of starting with .125ml & see if it helps me to sleep. Any thoughts? (btw, I have used MJ recreationally for 45yrs only abstaining for 3 yrs (since 2011 when I jumped/tapered benzo poison)

Does anyone have info on the male plant? I know it is low in THC. I cannot seem to find much info on the male plant & medicinal uses.

Thxs!

Hi Bella, I’ve been curious about the male plant too. Especially since most of us are looking for little to no psychoactivity. I searched for info and didn’t find much that was recent. But I did find this article, and if you scroll down to the sections on “Not Always Lacking in Potency” and “Hashish and Concentrates” there seems to be some evidence that the males might indeed have medicinal value., especially when low psychoactivity is a goal….

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/males-useless-think/

I’d love to hear how your experimental batch went over. I’m working with a friend who is cannabis-wise to try and figure are more regular and cost-effective way to get CBN. I would even like to try low doses of it during the day for breakthrough anxiety, because I’m one of the few people who hasn’t found CBD to be helpful yet. But I haven’t given up, I think maybe I just haven’t found the best formulation for me.

Hope yours was a winner!  :smitten:

Happy to see the thread I started get so much action but sorry I missed it.  I'm using a CBD oil syringe that tastes exactly like cannabis. The first time I used it I felt it big time. I tried it during the day when I was having high anxiety and nothing happened that I noticed. The next day I tried again but took more and that was a mistake because I felt kind of high but not in a good way. That said, it did help with sleep and pain!  It's $80 for a syringe so it's expensive. My state is medical only and the prices are steep. You can't really shop around, you have to pick a dispensary.

I've tried vaping some low THC strains but I think I like the oil the best. It's called Sweet Relief.

Anyone using flowers with good results?

Hi Sunday, Yes, you started a wonderful thread here, thank you! And I agree about the cost of "trying things" at dispensary prices - I'm about tapped out, so everything I learn here is not only helpful, it's a also a much-needed money-saver from more mistakes. When I can't get my CBN oil, I eat about a 1/3 teaspoon of decarboxylated flower about 1-2 hours before I want to go to sleep. I don't sleep as well as I do with the CBN oil, but I do sleep about 5-6 hrs most times. That's a big improvement for me - insomnia is my achilles heel. I've had the best luck with a strain that's called "Black" - it's a pretty common Indica, and it's common strain name is Rare Darkness. I find it very relaxing, and not trippy, but I also use very little. Here is the profile on Leafly:

https://www.leafly.com/indica/rare-darkness

Keep in mind, your state dispensaries may call this by a different name, so you need to find a strain translator for your state. I also did a quick search on Leafly for your strain Sweet Relief, but didn't find it. Maybe it has another name too- Here a link to the translator pages for CT, so you can see what i mean; I'll bet they have them for all legal states.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/connecticut-medical-marijuana-strain-name-guide/

:smitten:

I found this article in Leaf Science concerning Gaba and Marijuana. I am just beginning this journey into learning about this. Could someone read this, with knowledge, and comment? I think it indicates that Gaba receptors are bypassed when ingesting cannabinoids.

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/05/10/marijuana-dopamine-science/

When compared to this explanation of how Benzo's affect  Gaba by "enhancing", it appears that marijuana does the opposite by "Blocking"or "bypassing" these receptor's.

http://www.reconnexion.org.au/how-do-benzodiazepines-work/w1/i1023212/

Magnolis - I'm not sure how to answer your question, but did you see Maya's posts about the free online class? Here's a copy:

"I am so happy to see this thread! I have been using cannabis to help with my taper for almost a year now. I used to use high CBD Indica strains and edibles to help with pain, stomach and GI issues, and sleep. I am now using CBD oil every day to help with many Sxs. CBN oil many nights to help with sleep. I am going to try using MM topically more.

I have been seeing a MM consultant and he is helping others get off harmful meds including benzos. He has helped some of my friends. He is doing a free online class about MM for people harmed by benzos. He will talk about the different cannabinoids and answer questions. If you are interested PM me and I will give you more info. It's Oct 5th at 7pm eastern time. I am excited to talk to others about how MM is helping them. I know it's not for everyone but it has helped me."

I sent Maya a PM for the link. I will ask her if she can post it here too. I've checked out the website already and it looks like this online Q&A has great potential since it's specifically addressing benzos and MMJ.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the translator tip!  Sweet Relief is the name of the oil, and it may be in some edibles,  it's not a flower.  I've never seen the strain you refer to, so I will look at the link you provided.  How do you de-what ever the cannabis?  I've read some stuff on making oils, butters, etc... but it's scary.  I assume I will do something wrong, calculate something wrong, etc...  I must confess, just having access to this makes me feel more secure, even if I don't use it much.  If I shared the following, I apologize, I'm tapering, haha  :idiot:

I've tried:  Pineapple and it's fine.  Probably won't purchase again.

Pre-98 Bubba Kush.  Good, helps with pain and sleep.

White Harmony (in oil cartridge).  Not sure about this one.  Shouldn't interfere with sleep, yet I did not sleep well after trying it.  Jury's out on this one.

Unopened:  Harlequin and a gummie bear (Hybrid THC 9.42 CBD 16.42).

They have Mary's patches at the dispensary but they are expensive!

Aft,

I followed the link to the insomnia thread and found this, which explains my situation:

Cannabis can be great for sleep or bad for sleep depending upon a few factors.

First of all a strain that is high in CBD will exacerbate insomnia. CBD has many other incredible health benefits, but helping insomnia is not one of them. You will become relaxed but not sleepy from CBD.

It is the psychoactive ingredient THC that will cause sleepiness when it wears off.  After consuming, THC degrades into CBN in the body which then creates a hypnotic sleep inducing effect. THC can last up to 1-3 hours if smoked and up to 10 hours if eaten.

The best MJ for sleep is a Cannabis Indica strain that has been grown "past ripeness" where the THC Trichomes have turned amber and partially degraded into CBN. Smoking cannabis that has this characteristic will induce sleep in 30 minutes. There are other ways to convert THC into CBN with "ripe" cannabis to also achieve sleep inducing qualities.

Smoking cannabis will effect dreaming and rem sleep. Many users say "I Never Dream". But deep non rem sleep is increased and users may wake up groggy and feel like they "slept great".

Cannabis will increase sleep maintenance (less awakenings) especially if ingested as an edible.

As the science of cannabis increasingly becomes more and more understood, there will be incredible hybrid strains developed that will be of tremendous help to insomnia sufferers, some are already here.

Daily Cannabis use PRN, especially high CBD strains can greatly reduce withdrawal symptoms of benzos. There is so much to learn about cannabis. It is far less harmful than benzos and antidepressants and often just as effective if not more so. Spend some time googling it, you may be amazed.

That is a copy/past of Parker's post from 2015.  Interesting and helpful!

I am posting the info on the medical marijuana class here since many have shown interest. If you want more information on Ezra (MM consultant) his website is www.thehighend.org He has really helped me and others come off harmful meds. This is a free online class he is doing for people harmed by benzos becasue I told him there are a lot of questions and misinformation. He is benzo wise. He will do an overview of MM and different cannabinoids like CBD, THC, CBN etc. He will speak about the CNS, sleep etc. He also will answer as many questions as there is time for. It is on Wednesday Oct 5th at 7pm eastern time. I hope it helps!

If you have issues Ezra said call customer service and they will respond right away.

1. Dial into the conference:

Dial-in Number: (515) 739-1020 - United States

Access Code: 125819

International Dial-in Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/ezparz/#international

2. Join the online meeting:

Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/ezparz

Online Meeting ID: ezparz

Instructions:

At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key.

To join the online meeting, click on the meeting link listed above and follow the prompts to join the meeting.

For 24/7 customer service please call 844-844-1322

Hello everyone!

I just found this thread. Glad that we are able to share info re medical MJ  on the forum :thumbsup:  8)

I have been off of benzo poison for 3.5 yrs now. I am almost healed but still experience some waves & insomnia. I am now considering using MJ to induce sleep. CBN seems to be the way from my research. The CBD hemp stuff does not agree with me, so yesterday I made a 60ml batch of oil using a .5oz of male plant &  .25g of indica bud. I used a double boiler & slow cooked on low for 9 hours.  Hopefully the THC fron the indica bud will mostly be converted to CBN & will be enough to induce a good nights sleep. I will be trying the oil tonight.

Thinking of starting with .125ml & see if it helps me to sleep. Any thoughts? (btw, I have used MJ recreationally for 45yrs only abstaining for 3 yrs (since 2011 when I jumped/tapered benzo poison)

Does anyone have info on the male plant? I know it is low in THC. I cannot seem to find much info on the male plant & medicinal uses.

Thxs!

Hi Bella, I’ve been curious about the male plant too. Especially since most of us are looking for little to no psychoactivity. I searched for info and didn’t find much that was recent. But I did find this article, and if you scroll down to the sections on “Not Always Lacking in Potency” and “Hashish and Concentrates” there seems to be some evidence that the males might indeed have medicinal value., especially when low psychoactivity is a goal….

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/males-useless-think/

I’d love to hear how your experimental batch went over. I’m working with a friend who is cannabis-wise to try and figure are more regular and cost-effective way to get CBN. I would even like to try low doses of it during the day for breakthrough anxiety, because I’m one of the few people who hasn’t found CBD to be helpful yet. But I haven’t given up, I think maybe I just haven’t found the best formulation for me.

Hope yours was a winner!  :smitten:

Hey Aft!

This is a very informative article! Thx for sharing!  :smitten:

The experiment is a work in progress. I found that 1 ml of my oil concoction was sufficient to induce sleep, but I felt buzzed & not in a good way. I still struggle with bouts of the dreadful "acid brain" from time to time (from benzo poison), so it is hard for me to decipher what is from what  :wacko:

Will be making small batches & adjusting the ratios of carrier oil/ leaf/bud till I find what works best for me. DIY oils/products are  most definitely more cost effective when compared to dispensary prices  :o:thumbsup:

fyi: what has worked well for me in the past  is when mature , amber hair indica bud is smoked, with in 30 minutes THC is converted to CBN & a blissful sleep occurs (as sunday states below).

I am unable to smoke now due to COPD (even a high quality vaporizer burns ) so I REALLY would like to find tan alternative with the CBN oils /edibles

I am days away from my crossover to Valium. Trying to do a 1 to 3 10mg v ratio instead of 1 to 2 15mg v according to Ashton. I'm down to 6 mg temaz from 30. I dose only before bedtime. Nightly, ranging from 5pm to 9pm the anxiety sxs start. I'm up to 9 mg val and was hoping it would stop.  NOT. At 6pm yesterday I took a 1/4 dropper of an indica tincture and it took the EDGE off!! I even hesitate reporting this because what works one day may bite you the next. But I wanted this group to know.

[5a...]

What kind of tincture was it.  Alcohol or glycerol (or something else)?  Do you know how much medicine was in the 1/4 dropper?

Marqaha agave indica tincture. 1 dropper has 5 mg thc.

I took 1/4 dropper.whole plant extract. Ingredients are agave McT oil solvent, us grade co2 cannabis oil  and lecithin. Tonight If I get w/d I will take 1/2.  I felt no psychoactive effect. Just lessened the elephant on my chest.

[5a...]

Marqaha agave indica tincture. 1 dropper has 5 mg thc.

I took 1/4 dropper.whole plant extract. Ingredients are agave McT oil solvent, us grade co2 cannabis oil  and lecithin. Tonight If I get w/d I will take 1/2.  I felt no psychoactive effect. Just lessened the elephant on my chest.

Very nice!  I don't think you'll feel much of any psychoactive effect with 1/2 a dropper.  Back when I first started using tinctures, I used 10 mgs and definitely felt it.

This is a short video Ezra MM consultant I see made on CBD

I hope those who want to can make it to his class tomorrow and it helps! I posted the info for the class on my last post.

Magnolis,

I mostly use oils and they help me. 5mgs would not be psychoactive for me either. It is for some especially those who are new to it. I have micro-dosed Indica to help with my stomach and pain. Thanks for sharing what helps you.

XO Maya

What do you have to do in order to get a MM card?  My GP recommended that I take MM to withdraw off my current med cocktail.  But since he is a not a psychiatrist he cannot do it.  I will be seeing my pdoc soon and I will discuss with the pdoc.  It looks like getting a PTSD diagnosis is the only way to get it prescribed in my state.  Does anyone here have a PTSD diagnosis that they used to get the MM card?

How was the class?  Anything worth sharing,  main takeaways, etc.  Thanks!

I’m sorry I missed the MJ education class last night; I too am hoping someone might share some takeaways…

I am so happy to see this thread! I have been using cannabis to help with my taper for almost a year now. I used to use high CBD Indica strains and edibles to help with pain, stomach and GI issues, and sleep. I am now using CBD oil every day to help with many Sxs. CBN oil many nights to help with sleep. I am going to try using MM topically more.

I have been seeing a MM consultant and he is helping others get off harmful meds including benzos. He has helped some of my friends. He is doing a free online class about MM for people harmed by benzos. He will talk about the different cannabinoids and answer questions. If you are interested PM me and I will give you more info. It's Oct 5th at 7pm eastern time.

I am excited to talk to others about how MM is helping them. I know it's not for everyone but it has helped me.

XO Maya

How much do you take? Will this help for WD sxs and insomnia? How much do you use? Any info will be helpful. I live in Florida and they have cbd shops everywhere. Thank you.

What do you have to do in order to get a MM card?  My GP recommended that I take MM to withdraw off my current med cocktail.  But since he is a not a psychiatrist he cannot do it.  I will be seeing my pdoc soon and I will discuss with the pdoc.  It looks like getting a PTSD diagnosis is the only way to get it prescribed in my state.  Does anyone here have a PTSD diagnosis that they used to get the MM card?

LifeInChaos – each state has their own list of qualifying dxs, so you would need to check the Medical Marijuana website for your state, but yes, PTSD is accepted in most states, except NY.  My MMJ dx is PTSD. And I saw a doctor recommended by the state of CT’s MMJ website.  He was not a psychiatrist, and he was very happy to take $200 cash for his consult. At the time my regular doctor did not support my decision to try MMJ, but now he does, so next year he will sponsor me.  So if you can get your pdoc to sponsor you, that would be free, so give it a try. But if that doesn’t work out, your state probably has a list of drs available for consults…. for a price. Seems a bit sordid, I know, but that’s the way it works here at least. Good luck!

How much do you take? Will this help for WD sxs and insomnia? How much do you use? Any info will be helpful. I live in Florida and they have cbd shops everywhere. Thank you.

I take 3 small droppers of CBD a day. I think it equals like 5mgs. I am not sure. I can ask Ezra. Like with anything we are all different and need different amounts. It helps relax my mind and body which helps me sleep but it doesn't help with sleep like CBN or a sedative Indica strain would. It helps with many WD Sxs especially calming the CNS. Not all CBD is the same. Make sure it's organic and it needs to have at least 5% CBD to be effective. Places also lie about how much CBD or call hemp oil CBD oil. Mine has 25% CBD.

LifeinChaos,

What state are you in? I am in MA and the main reason I got my card was my diagnosis of PTSD. It also says chronic pain and nausea. MA is an easier state to get a card. NY and NJ are hard states to get one in I know. Most states do allow PTSD. In MA you have to find a Dr. who is allowed to give mm cards. I went to a Dr. who that is all she does and my pdoc sent a letter of support becasue he is not licensed to issue them. You can look up what Drs can issue them in your state and what criteria are needed. Drs have gotten in trouble here so they are being more careful and not many Drs are licensed. I have to find a new Dr. becasue mine retired after her colleagues were unfairly targeted. I hope it is an easy process for you.

abcd,

It would be too much for me to write. The class was over an hour and half long. He spoke about the different cannabinoids and how they work including common benzo Sxs. The benefits and harms etc. the science, the way they are metabolized, terpenes etc. He answered questions. There was a lot of info. I didn't take notes becasue I see him regularly. Is there something specific you were wondering about? You can also contact him if you want.

• Popular Now