• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

SD:

Most of the ingredients sound superficial but I'm not sure. I avoid those types of things because I have no idea if they will make me anxious. I'm pretty sensitive so I avoid even natural supplements. Cue cumin is turmeric, an antioxidant and used in Indian cooking a lot. Doubt it will do any good in that amount but won't harm you either.  The simpler and fewer ingredients the better.

Ive just ordered 10mg. Transdermal cbd patches. They seem promising for sleep and anxiety. I can hardly wait to try it out. Lately my valerian root just isnt working anymore...wish me luck buddies!!!! And some much needed rest!!!

Peace and LOVE

Hope&Faith

Ive just ordered 10mg. Transdermal cbd patches. They seem promising for sleep and anxiety. I can hardly wait to try it out. Lately my valerian root just isnt working anymore...wish me luck buddies!!!! And some much needed rest!!!

Peace and LOVE

Hope&Faith

Good Luck H&F!!.... :)

Peace and LOVE

Hope&Faith

[/quote

Are the patches from marys medicinals?  I also got some but haven't tried them because I just crossed over and don't want to mix with higher doses of valium PLEASE pm me as soon as you try it. Thank you

I'm finding that CBD heavy flower vaporized doesn't help keep me asleep.  I'm not sure how the patches will work, but my take away from my own dabbling is that if the CBD takes away pain, and pain is keeping you awake, it will help with sleep.  THC is what makes you sleep.  Parker had some excellent information on this.  Good luck with the patches. They are really expensive where I live.

Hey thanks!

I do know that cbn is what i really need but I haven't seen the doc just yet. Imma give this a go first. And yes very exspensive here too!! Its a shame really!!

!

I'm finding that CBD heavy flower vaporized doesn't help keep me asleep.  I'm not sure how the patches will work, but my take away from my own dabbling is that if the CBD takes away pain, and pain is keeping you awake, it will help with sleep.  THC is what makes you sleep.  Parker had some excellent information on this.  Good luck with the patches. They are really expensive where I live.

Isn't THC also the psychoactive part? The 1 time I tried MJ in the last 3 years I got super paranoid. I have no idea what strain it was and what the percentages were, so if I experiment again it will be with low THC and I assume this is the right thing to do.

I'm getting some organic CBD oil for anxiety/withdrawal symptoms in evening. Just starting my taper. Any feedback on dosing ect or experiences would be appreciated.

Also I have been wondering why with the unbelievable amount of suffering the BB have ,why dont more people use mm or at least cbd which is legal everywhere. I already see that indica tincture can  can work for anxiety and symptoms . Am so hoping that cbn will work for sleep. is there a downside (future problems or hindrance to healing) or or people just not open? It's like this option that could help desperate people is not even on the radar screen.

[5d...]

There's quite a stigma about cannabis that pervades our societies.  Much of it is totally bogus, but there's a lot of bogus info that gets accepted as fact (or belief) in our cultures. 

It's a lot like trying to control a panic attack through logic.  It's really difficult to ignore those core fears and society plays to them very well (just look at election '16).

Very true. This election is proof that we are in unprecedented times.  On the positive side. It could be good news for the mm community.

[5d...]

I've only tried high CBD products a couple of times.  I wanted to see if it would help me sleep (sleep was my biggest challenge during withdrawal).  It didn't help, so I didn't use it.  High THC cannabis did help me to sleep, so I used it.

I also tried juicing (THCA) a few times.  It made me feel very slightly 'different'.  Hard to explain.  Not euphoric or bad - just slightly different.  THCA is also non-psychoactive, and has some health benefits.  If you goggle cannabis juicing, there are some YouTube videos on the subject.  Again, it didn't help me sleep, so I didn't try it more than a few times.

I really need to try (ingest) a batch of the CBN sometime.  I usually sleep well 'enough' these days that I don't really need it, but it would be good to know. 

Badsocref,

I know you've shared excellent information here but my mind is so fuzzy!  Sleep has gotten exceptionally bad for me, and I am desperate for relief.  Did you say it's possible to make my own CBN oil?  Do you have a good basic Indica to recommend for sleep?  I've hit a terrible phase in this process with panic, anxiety, sleep problems and difficulty concentrating to the degree work is suffering.  I cannot take a leave and postponing tapering doesn't seem useful.

[5d...]

It's possible to make your own CBN by simply heating oil.  I think that I posted some conditions earlier in this thread.  I think it should be possible to do the same to flower, but I've never tried.  I suppose it's on the list of things to do.  I think that I need to work at the testing lab tonight, so maybe I can set something up to examine doing the conversion in a flower.

For sleep, I like to do just a hit or two from an Indica strain like an OG Kush about an hour before bedtime.  Then I veg in front of the TV and often fall asleep there.  I also like to take my puffs while sitting in the hot tub staring up at the night sky.  The darkness and cool air seems to help with the sleep process.  I find it very calming.  I also avoid conversation late at night as that can get my brain thinking/planning/activated. 

It's possible to make your own CBN by simply heating oil.  I think that I posted some conditions earlier in this thread.  I think it should be possible to do the same to flower, but I've never tried.  I suppose it's on the list of things to do. I think that I need to work at the testing lab tonight, so maybe I can set something up to examine doing the conversion in a flower.

For sleep, I like to do just a hit or two from an Indica strain like an OG Kush about an hour before bedtime.  Then I veg in front of the TV and often fall asleep there.  I also like to take my puffs while sitting in the hot tub staring up at the night sky.  The darkness and cool air seems to help with the sleep process.  I find it very calming.  I also avoid conversation late at night as that can get my brain thinking/planning/activated.

Bads, that would be fantastic if you get around to messing with flower/CBN! Like you, I am sleeping better now, and can get by with a little bit of indica flower, but my high CBN oil (20mg CBN, 20mg THC per dose) keeps me asleep. I don't wake up several times with sweats and palps, as happens other times. I can't get CBN oil in CT now and I haven't figured out how to make an oil that works for sleep yet. (not enough CBN, I think, and no lab to test the product in) If there's a way to get high CBN from flower, I would LOVE to hear.

I really need to be able to communicate with the people who make this stuff in CT, and it's very hard to reach them. I don't think they have any idea how helpful CBN is for insomnia. There's a huge market - and need -  they haven't begun to tap yet.

Aft 35,

I agree with you 100%. As soon as I am able, I am going to try my cbn patches and let you know.  Sleep has been a disability for me since my 1st child was born 33 years ago. If this could be a solution, it would be a miracle and I know for millions of other people. 

I can't get the oil but out of desperation I smoked one night and was blown away at what happened.  I slept 16 hours and woke up in a state of Nirvana, seriously, the best I'vbe ever felt in my life.  All symptoms were gone including Tinnitus.  The window lasted a day, but I smoke nightly and insomnia is not a problem at all.  I sleep all I want and it has helped my withdrawal tremendously.  Jumping any day now!

[5d...]

I can't get the oil but out of desperation I smoked one night and was blown away at what happened.  I slept 16 hours and woke up in a state of Nirvana, seriously, the best I'vbe ever felt in my life.  All symptoms were gone including Tinnitus.  The window lasted a day, but I smoke nightly and insomnia is not a problem at all.  I sleep all I want and it has helped my withdrawal tremendously.  Jumping any day now!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are you smoking an indica?

Aft 35,

I agree with you 100%. As soon as I am able, I am going to try my cbn patches and let you know.  Sleep has been a disability for me since my 1st child was born 33 years ago. If this could be a solution, it would be a miracle and I know for millions of other people. 

How can we spread the word more???

Lets work on this... I thought about it... Some way to STOP the person from going the Pharma route when they can't sleep and give them the other option . But this has to be done in legal states.  And of course doctors would have to be on board. 

Or go the social media route which I would have no idea how to do.

Aft 35,

How can we spread the word more???

hopeandfaith and Magnolis,

YES! It's truly an exciting time in the field of Medical Marijuana. I would stand on the rooftops and shout about this, if only I had all the information I need! Unfortunately, for me, I still make mistakes in dosing and figuring out what formulations are best for me at each new phase of recovery. So I'm hesitant to make recommendations, especially to people who are still tapering. That said, if I knew what I know now while I was still tapering, I would've tried MMJ for sure, but I didn't know anything about it. So far, CBN has been my miracle. I was STUCK in my healing because of persistent insomnia, and CBN is helping me get the best sleep I've had in 37 years. And SLEEP is paramount to healing. Now I am strong enough to be undertaking trauma therapy - something I knew I had to do eventually, but it was impossible to be 'present enough' while I was on benzos and other psychmeds. I truly believe with all my heart that certain formulations of Medical Marijuana are my ticket to putting all of this nasty stuff to rest. I guess the most important thing I can say to others who want to try this is, be patient, move slowly, expect mistakes, and you will eventually find what works for you. But a cannabis 'mistake' is not debilitating. I have always timed my 'experiments' so that I have down-time in case I need to rest and re-group. This learning curve has taken several months, and although I'm no expert now, it's pretty easy to know what I DON'T want to try. So I guess the best I can say to others is I REALLY think it's worth a shot.  :thumbsup: