Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I cannot emphasize enough just how much cbd oil is helping with anxiety overall. Just cbd... I had some social phobias b4 i ever started benzos which were initially prescribed for my brothers suicide.  But nothing compared to the anxiety I had during withdrawal. Cbd oil transdermal patches absolutely without a doubt work!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot emphasize enough just how much cbd oil is helping with anxiety overall. Just cbd... I had some social phobias b4 i ever started benzos which were initially prescribed for my brothers suicide.  But nothing compared to the anxiety I had during withdrawal. Cbd oil transdermal patches absolutely without a doubt work!!

Hi Hope..Glad to hear it's working...do you use 10mg or 20mg patches?? Was just on Mary's Medicinals and thinking about trying the patch this time since it is working so well for you...thanks! 

I wanted to pop in with some positive news -  Today is DAY4 of my trial with a new CBD product. It’s a 1ml concentrated oil syringe with 96mg CBD and 6mg THC. Here is a link to the product, in case anyone would like to look for something comparable:  https://www.arrowalternativecare.com/medical-marijuana/product-catalog-and-online-ordering/item/19-oils/1203-sunrise-c96-t6-cbd-syringe-1ml-02409

I’ve been using 0.1ml (10mg CBD) twice a day  = 20mg CBD/day, with zero adverse effects. It’s definitely helping with anxiety and it might even be helping with GI issues (too soon to tell). I only use it during the day, not at night.

Anxiety is not a constant problem for me, but I recently began trauma therapy, and this is really helping me ‘Keep Calm and Carry On.’ So far, I’m very hopeful that my plan of using CBD during the day and CBN at night for sleep with carry me through to total healing.

Like Niners, I also had a bad experience with taking too much CBD, so I just wanted to post this update.  :thumbsup:

Niners, I hope today is a better day for you. :smitten:

I'm the same.  I feel like it fried what I had left of my brain.  Cognitively I'm much worse than before and it has really affected my sleep in a negative way.  I'm experiencing panic attacks and other sleep disturbances that wake me up.  Had them in acute also.  Here's an article I found.  As you scroll towards the bottom it talks about using vitamin C to counter the effects of THC overdose.

http://www.marijuanaoverdose.net/

I wanted to pop in with some positive news -  Today is DAY4 of my trial with a new CBD product. It’s a 1ml concentrated oil syringe with 96mg CBD and 6mg THC. Here is a link to the product, in case anyone would like to look for something comparable:  https://www.arrowalternativecare.com/medical-marijuana/product-catalog-and-online-ordering/item/19-oils/1203-sunrise-c96-t6-cbd-syringe-1ml-02409

I’ve been using 0.1ml (10mg CBD) twice a day  = 20mg CBD/day, with zero adverse effects. It’s definitely helping with anxiety and it might even be helping with GI issues (too soon to tell). I only use it during the day, not at night.

Anxiety is not a constant problem for me, but I recently began trauma therapy, and this is really helping me ‘Keep Calm and Carry On.’ So far, I’m very hopeful that my plan of using CBD during the day and CBN at night for sleep with carry me through to total healing.

Like Niners, I also had a bad experience with taking too much CBD, so I just wanted to post this update.  :thumbsup:

Niners, I hope today is a better day for you. :smitten:

I'm the same.  I feel like it fried what I had left of my brain.  Cognitively I'm much worse than before and it has really affected my sleep in a negative way.  I'm experiencing panic attacks and other sleep disturbances that wake me up.  Had them in acute also.  Here's an article I found.  As you scroll towards the bottom it talks about using vitamin C to counter the effects of THC overdose.

http://www.marijuanaoverdose.net/

Niners ,    this is not possible, Cannabinoids are metabolized within a couple of hours. There are numerous studies confirming that cannabis actually helps brain tissue heal and protects against seizures. In fact children take CBDs and it controls their seizures without the need for other medication.  It sounds like what you are struggling with is anxiety which is normal when tapering benzos.  If you obsess about this you are going to make your anxiety worse.  My first experience with edibles was disastrous.  I immediately new I had overdosed.  My whole body was shaking, I could not keep my balance and I was super nauseous.  But I stayed calm because I knew no one has ever died or been permanently injured from a cannabis overdose , EVER.  So I crawled to the bathroom and forced myself to vomit and it about 30 minutes things were tolerable and in a few hours I was back to normal.  Lesson learned: treat edibles with respect like any medication.  I get that MMJ might not be for you and that is cool but please if you obsess over a one time bad experience you are going to escalate your anxiety.  I hope you are able to find a calm place and a solution that works for you.

Benzosarebad,

I'm not tapering.  I'm 20.5 months off benzos.  The experience shocked my CNS all over again. The product must of contained  high THC which I believe has thrown me into this bad wave. Thanks for the tips, I'm trying my best to keep calm.

Benzosarebad,

I'm not tapering.  I'm 20.5 months off benzos.  The experience shocked my CNS all over again. The product must of had high THC.

Even high THC would not have lasting effects.  I do not doubt that you are struggling and I am truly sorry for that.  I do hope you find a solution or some relief soon. 

Hi Hope..Glad to hear it's working...do you use 10mg or 20mg patches?? Was just on Mary's Medicinals and thinking about trying the patch this time since it is working so well for you...thanks! 

Been doing the 10mg. But ordered the pen since its more cost effective plus i can lower or increase doses as needed. Im not kidding this is a game changer

Benzosarebad,

I'm not tapering.  I'm 20.5 months off benzos.  The experience shocked my CNS all over again. The product must of had high THC.

Even high THC would not have lasting effects.  I do not doubt that you are struggling and I am truly sorry for that.  I do hope you find a solution or some relief soon.

Hi benzosrbad, I remember your first post in this thread, you said you're a veteran - thank you for your service!  :smitten: You sound quite knowledgable about MMJ and I look forward to learning more from you. I agree with you that MMJ is not for everyone, especially since it involves a bit of trial and error. Health anxiety is very common during w/d and even in recovery. And for people who are particularly frightened about taking medication, I would say that MMJ is probably not going to be a good fit.

Niners, I think you ran into trouble because someone at the dispensary/shop misinformed you about what you were buying, or misunderstood what you wanted.

I was so confused my first time at a dispensary that I burst into tears. But I think part of my frustration was because I had hoped that cannabis would be a quick, perfect fix. And it may be becoming that, for me, but it's an ongoing, unfolding process. To protect yourself, it might be best to take a break from all this until you're ready to go through a learning curve. In the meantime, I hope you find something else that works for you. :smitten:

Also, I followed that link you posted about how to alleviate the effects of too much THC, and I thought the vitamin C suggestion was a great tip!

Here's a screen shot of the paragraph in case others don't have time to scroll through the whole article:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-27%20at%203.23.48%20PM_zpsy15ou1hb.png

Been doing the 10mg. But ordered the pen since its more cost effective plus i can lower or increase doses as needed. Im not kidding this is a game changer

Thank you, hopeandfaith  :smitten: It was your post about how you use CBD that led me to success with what dose might be right for me. 10mg is the magic number for me too, but I take it twice a day. I have some nasty GI issues as collateral damage from my withdrawal experience, and I believe that a steady amount of low-dose CBD will help my gut heal. I've been seeing a functional medicine doctor for a year and a half, and have tried every supplement and diet he's recommended, but my issues are persistent.  I'm hoping CBD will be the medicine that will turn things around for me.

Hope and Faith:  You use Mary's right?  How many dabs of the pen? How long does the patch "last"?

Aft:  In what form are you taking 10mg CBD?  If you already said, apologies.  CBD oil in a syringe is 80 effing dollars a gram where I live.  Yep.  That's heavy duty cash. No one sells CBN anything here, either.  I did find the same oil for 42 bucks in a town very, very far from where I am and it's not possible to get there. 

Patch lasted 12 hours...at 10bucks a pop....ive just ordered the pen and it 2mg at a time with a total of 50mg...but i can increase or decrease the cbd anytime

sunday, it's a 1ml oil syringe. 96mg CBD and 6mg THC.  I posted pictures about a page or so back. The one I get is $18. Usually, the big bucks are for 3ml, or 10ml syringes. Is your option 10ml? Do they have a 1ml syringe, so you can try it without breaking the bank?... That's my biggest beef with this process; I wish that we could purchase 'sample' amounts.

edit: no picture. I posted a link to the product on pg 26.

That's my biggest beef with this process; I wish that we could purchase 'sample' amounts.

That's my main issue too right now.  So much trial and error involved.  It doesn't make sense for them not to make small sample sizes, allowing the customer to customize their own starter kit.  This stuff is not cheap.

That's my biggest beef with this process; I wish that we could purchase 'sample' amounts.

That's my main issue too right now.  So much trial and error involved.  It doesn't make sense for them not to make small sample sizes, allowing the customer to customize their own starter kit.  This stuff is not cheap.

Yep, we're pioneers. Again. Just like with benzo tapering. Maybe we were just born too soon ;) Or maybe we should all get together and host a collective Cannabis-Tupperware-style Party to share the expense! :idiot:

The CBD cannabis syringe I get is 80 bucks for a gram syringe. Outrageous!  No CBN products available yet, either. The program is maybe 2 years old?  Cultivators have to manufacture everything in state so if they don't see a need for or profit in CBN, it's not going to happen.

This process is frustrating in the trial and error but so far I haven't purchased anything that I regret, but nothing is making a huge difference for me either. I want to find the magic bullet that will provide relief from the awful depression I've been saddled with for 3 years now. It's "better" than items as I go down, but it is still constant, no brief windows or moments of lightness. Not even when I vape.

I wonder if I need to just get super wasted.  I'm guessing that is probably a bad idea. Harlequin is supposed to be euphoric and it was essentially like the other stuff I've got.  Different taste and slightly different head and body feel but nothing radical. I'm feeling rather discouraged tonight. Could use some compassion...

Hi Sunday,  I  have depression too.  I have not been able to find a MMJ strain that works for my depression and it is not for lack of trying.  8)    But using MMJ does help me to NOT act on any of the bad thoughts I have while depressed.  Also helps me when I have a PTSD trigger and the emotions are getting too intense.  I also use it to help with sleep or pain.  I actually broke down a few days ago and went to a new pdoc.  I started very low dose welbutrin 75mg and it is really helping me so far.  I am actually using less MMJ since I started the welbutrin.    Not sure if this helps but thought I would share 

Recently discovered this support group.  Been reading through the threads to learn more about CBD oil.  I am still tapering Diazepam.  I'm pretty sensitive and have had numerous reactions to the Diazepam with supplements and a couple of Proton Pump Inhibitors I have tried.  So very nervous about trying anything.

I've had problems with my taper and am in bad withdrawl for 6 weeks now.  Wish I had updosed weeks back, but never thought it would go on this long.  So looking for relief of some sort.

Anyway, it seems so many of you on this forum are benzo free and using MM products.  I wanted to hear from those who are still tapering or used it while tapering, especially Valium, and can share how it is going for you using CBD oil.    I had Ezra from thehighend.org make me a special half batch to try.  Only 1 mg for 4 drops and the ration is 25 to 1 CBD to THC.  Got it sitting by my bedside and scared to try.  Can't handle a single other bad expeirence right now.  Barely hanging on.  But want to try t too.

Any valium taperers out there who use(d) this for benefit.  I am hoping it helps with nasuea/GI, sleep and the terrible morning anxiety. 

Thanks for any help

Sharkie

i would try it during the day and at the lowest dose, try maybe couple drops, wait at least 1-2h and see. dont dose same day again. next day you can increase slightly...if you are sort of in acute w/d i would stay away from mmj in general

Recently discovered this support group.  Been reading through the threads to learn more about CBD oil.  I am still tapering Diazepam.  I'm pretty sensitive and have had numerous reactions to the Diazepam with supplements and a couple of Proton Pump Inhibitors I have tried.  So very nervous about trying anything.

I've had problems with my taper and am in bad withdrawl for 6 weeks now.  Wish I had updosed weeks back, but never thought it would go on this long.  So looking for relief of some sort.

Anyway, it seems so many of you on this forum are benzo free and using MM products.  I wanted to hear from those who are still tapering or used it while tapering, especially Valium, and can share how it is going for you using CBD oil.    I had Ezra from thehighend.org make me a special half batch to try.  Only 1 mg for 4 drops and the ration is 25 to 1 CBD to THC.  Got it sitting by my bedside and scared to try.  Can't handle a single other bad expeirence right now.  Barely hanging on.  But want to try t too.

Any valium taperers out there who use(d) this for benefit.  I am hoping it helps with nasuea/GI, sleep and the terrible morning anxiety. 

Thanks for any help

Sharkie

Sharkie

Ezra sent me some cbd oil . I'm only starting with a few drops.  It takes the edge off.  Anxiety. No thc.  I also have an indica mm tincture. When I take 1/2 dropper it has 5% thc.  I feel more relief with that. But. You need to probably stay away from thc. There hasn't been a downside from the cnb for me. But i am starting slow.

Hi Everyone, Here’s a great educational resource for Medical Marijuana Education -

Dr. Dustin Sulak, from Maine - Healer.com http://healer.com/#

It’s free, but you do need to register in order to use it. Once you sign up, you’ll have access to his free instructional videos and support articles.

There’s even a whole program on “Strategies for Non-Psychoactive Cannabis Use”. Here’s a screen shot and a link. The link will prompt you to sign up before viewing.

http://healer.com/programs/strategies-for-non-psychoactive-cannabis-use/

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-31%20at%202.15.31%20PM_zpssem0c5ur.png

Hello again, Here's another link, to a Cannabis Selection Guide from the folks at Mary's Medicinals. It even includes a cool poster called Cannabis Man!  ;)

http://www.marysmedicinals.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/marys-medicinals-cannabis-man-selection-guide.pdf

And here's a chart that badsocref posted in another thread. I've found it very helpful, so re-posting. Thanks again, Bads.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/MMJ%20Active%20Ingredients%20Chart_zps4vylynri.jpg