Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Aft 35,

Just need reassurance today... So  CBN gave you the best sleep in over 25 years?  I need something to hold on to right now.

Susan

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnolis, Make that 37 years. Yep. No morning grogginess either. But I use it in a blend with  a bit of THC and CBD. So I can't vouch for the effects of pure CBN, like the patches at Mary's Medicinals, because I can't get them. I believe you said you have some pure CBN patches and are saving them, is that right?

I see you've just completed a crossover to V and are beginning a micro taper. Many buddies report an uptick in sxs when they cross, but most say it levels out before too long. Is insomnia your biggest issue right now?

Insomnia was my most intolerable symptom during my taper and w/d, and sometimes I just had to slow way down and ask my family for more support with daily tasks and child care. Another nice treat is if someone you trust can give you a very gentle massage, almost like a laying of hands on the parts of your body that hurt the most. Just feeling the steadiness and calmness, through touch, from someone who cares about you, can be very calming.

Eventually, your body WILL sleep. Maybe not for 8 hours, but it WILL get better. Hugs to you, I'm sorry it's so rough right now. :smitten:

After 35

Right now, sleep is better because the original drug,temazapoison, is out of my system. But i know as valium goes down the sleep issues could easily return.  Haven't tried mm. Right now 4pm. I am so fatigued I can't imagine adding it yet.  Just have a long way to go with unknowns lurking.  Thanks

"Columbia Care Introduces the Nation's First Controlled-Dose, Solid-Fill Medical Cannabinoid Capsules

Columbia Care's patent-pending controlled-dose, solid-fill capsules contain a powder, that unlike liquid-fill capsules, do not carry the risk of leakage.  :laugh: This new product will make administering and storing medical marijuana medicines more convenient, consistent and efficacious due to the precision of dosing.  In some cases, this delivery method may extend the intended benefits of the medicine beyond that of a tincture or vaporization oil, resulting in fewer doses per day and potentially better long-term symptom control." ::)

About Columbia Care LLC

Columbia Care is one of the nation's largest and most experienced manufacturers and providers of medical marijuana products and services. The company is licensed in numerous highly selective and regulated jurisdictions and has completed more than 350,000 successful patient interactions since its inception. Founded by two former Goldman Sachs executives, and working in collaboration with some of the most renowned and innovative teaching hospitals and medical centers in the country, Columbia Care is a patient-centered healthcare company setting the standard for compassion, professionalism, quality, caring, and innovation for a rapidly expanding new industry.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/columbia-care-introduces-the-nations-first-controlled-dose-solid-fill-medical-cannabinoid-capsules-300347776.html

Yep, they'll go anywhere and do anything to make a buck!  :laugh:

So true, abcd. The people who can afford the patents are gonna wipe out all the mom-n-pop folks who've been doing this on a shoestring simply because they care. :(

Handwriting's on the wall. (or in the capsule this time) :tickedoff:

How long have capsules that hold powder been around for?  They suddenly need some special patent?  And "the risk of leakage" for liquid-fill capsules, sheesh.  Great PR spin, leading people to believe it's more efficacious than other methods. ::)

Yes, handwriting's certainly on the wall, just a matter of time also before Big Pharma's in there buying out all these mom 'n pop dispensaries.  Sigh!  >:(

ANOTHER SLASH IN THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR

I’m very sad today. Looks like there’ll be no CBN products in CT for a very long time.  :(

I just spoke with the woman who founded the company that used to make the only CBN products in our state, and she is no longer actively involved in the company. She was the one who advocated internally for CBN production, and now, without her insistence, they have been discontinued for the more lucrative high-THC products.  She’s very disappointed about this, but doesn’t see it changing, because it’s all about the bottom line. And there’s not enough demand for CBN.

She agrees with me that CBN is a very safe and effective sleep medicine. I told her I’ve been sharing information about my CBN experience here on BB. I told her there is great interest in it, and that it seems to have great potential for easing the crippling insomnia so many of us go through.

I guess all we can do is keep spreading the word about CBN, and for those of us who still have access to it – keep giving the dispensaries positive feedback. I hope other states are not giving up on CBN. I’d love to hear if anybody else is running into this roadblock in their home state as well.

there is a seller in oregon who sells cbn capsules (20mg cbn per capsule, and cbd, no thc) PM me for details

I used it in the past prior to benzo problems and the products are good.

CBN can not be patented. Certain mixtures of it may be though. There will always be competition even in the MMJ industry. Prices will come way down in time. Growers are currently working on finding ways to increase the CBN content in Cannabis and new strains will become available. a $10 seed can grow ounces of the stuff... But for the most part CBN is the result of THC degrading as it ages and not strain specific. CBN content can be increased by harvesting a plant later than normal, over-ripe so to speak. Or by exposing marijuana to air, light and heat. If you want to make your own CBN here is how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8PQ7nm5JIY

CBN is a miracle cannabinoid. As the science of this amazing plant becomes more and more understood there will be many new products developed from the more than 50 active ingredients in cannabis, instead of just the CBD, CBN and THC. Stay tuned. Cure for cancer? Maybe, In God We Trust

Wilson  :angel:

Thank you, Wilson. I'm familiar with Alta Calif Botanicals and their tinctures, but hadn't seen the vid. Sure do wish I lived in CA! Looks like the magic formula for converting the THC in flower to CBN is 210 degrees for about 48 hrs.... PEEUWW! I have a young son and can't have that much 'fragrance' for that long. But it's great info to have, and if I can't find any other way, maybe I'll ask a friend without kids to bake it for me. I'm so incredibly excited about this cannabinoid - truly, the few months I had it, my sleep was NORMAL. What a concept. ;)

Hi Sunday,  I  have depression too.  I have not been able to find a MMJ strain that works for my depression and it is not for lack of trying.  8)    But using MMJ does help me to NOT act on any of the bad thoughts I have while depressed.  Also helps me when I have a PTSD trigger and the emotions are getting too intense.  I also use it to help with sleep or pain.  I actually broke down a few days ago and went to a new pdoc.  I started very low dose welbutrin 75mg and it is really helping me so far.  I am actually using less MMJ since I started the welbutrin.    Not sure if this helps but thought I would share

BRB2016,

Were you depressed prior to benzodiazepine use?  I wasn't.  I already have an anti-depressant on board that I'm trying to taper.  I notice that as I go down on the clonopin and the Lexapro, things are better in some ways but w/d is ever-present. The depression just sucks and it's been so long. If I or my doctor thought an anti-depressant would help, I'd be taking something else by now.  I'm glad the Welbutrin is working for you.  MMJ does help calm me down, but that's about it.

Thank you, Wilson. I'm familiar with Alta Calif Botanicals and their tinctures, but hadn't seen the vid. Sure do wish I lived in CA! Looks like the magic formula for converting the THC in flower to CBN is 210 degrees for about 48 hrs.... PEEUWW! I have a young son and can't have that much 'fragrance' for that long. But it's great info to have, and if I can't find any other way, maybe I'll ask a friend without kids to bake it for me. I'm so incredibly excited about this cannabinoid - truly, the few months I had it, my sleep was NORMAL. What a concept. ;)

Hello 35...

Yes it can be fragrant indeed. How about in a sealed container or a pressure cooker placed in the oven, unplugged of course...  :laugh:

I agree CBN and the new science related to this amazing plant looks very promising.

Best of Healing,  :angel:

Wilson

Upon Request... How to make CBN form Flower...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=168380.0

Wilson  :angel:

Thanks Wilson! This answers a whole host of questions...I've been so confused about all this. So thanks again... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You are very welcome CeeCee, my pleasure. I hope the healing continues for you, Great job so far!  :thumbsup:

May your windows be wide open and your waves be tiny and unsurfable...  :laugh:

Wilson  :hug:

I’m very sad today. Looks like there’ll be no CBN products in CT for a very long time.  :(

I just spoke with the woman who founded the company that used to make the only CBN products in our state, and she is no longer actively involved in the company. She was the one who advocated internally for CBN production, and now, without her insistence, they have been discontinued for the more lucrative high-THC products.  She’s very disappointed about this, but doesn’t see it changing, because it’s all about the bottom line. And there’s not enough demand for CBN.

She agrees with me that CBN is a very safe and effective sleep medicine. I told her I’ve been sharing information about my CBN experience here on BB. I told her there is great interest in it, and that it seems to have great potential for easing the crippling insomnia so many of us go through.

I guess all we can do is keep spreading the word about CBN, and for those of us who still have access to it – keep giving the dispensaries positive feedback. I hope other states are not giving up on CBN. I’d love to hear if anybody else is running into this roadblock in their home state as well.

The problem is not low demand for cbn.  Its lack of education.  You are the prime example ,Aft35years, of what cbn can do for sleep. Of The billions of people everyday being prescribed benzos , probably 50% or more are using for sleep.  This has plagued me all my adult life.  If they knew there was another choice ,cbn,the demand would explode.  Education of this substance has to happen  because you are right,no profit,no production.  If i would buy stock in any company,  it would be marys medicinals.  When the word gets out that this could replace benzos for sleep it will explode!!!

The problem is not low demand for cbn.  Its lack of education.  You are the prime example ,Aft35years, of what cbn can do for sleep. Of The billions of people everyday being prescribed benzos , probably 50% or more are using for sleep.  This has plagued me all my adult life.  If they knew there was another choice ,cbn,the demand would explode.  Education of this substance has to happen  because you are right,no profit,no production.  If i would buy stock in any company,  it would be marys medicinals.  When the word gets out that this could replace benzos for sleep it will explode!!!

Hey Mags! Thanks for the tip  :laugh: !

http://marijuanastocks.com/content/list-marijuana-stocks/

Wilson  ::)

So because I have benzo brain and have been really anxious since moving I'm going to ask a question I've probably asked before. Where should I start? I'm finally in a legal state and have the ability to purchase something. I want to try something for nerve pain and anxiety. Should I start with a CBD patch? Oil? What's the safest thing to try first?

Hi Stephen, welcome back to the US!  Do you have the option of becoming a registered Medical Marjuana patient? If so, the doctor who sponsors you could make some suggestions, and so could the pharmacist at the dispensary. Either way, please do yourself a favor and take time to educate yourself before you go.  8)

There’s a very good online educational source called Healer.com – I posted about it earlier in this thread - Page 30 Reply 298. The site belongs to Dr. Dustin Sulak, and some members here have heard him speak at conferences. His resources are free but you need to sign up.

It’s a great site because he has both videos and print articles, so if your cog fog is heavy, you can just watch the vids. His site can help you become familiar with cannabis terminology and understanding product options. That way you’ll feel more in control when you finally make a choice.

If you read back in this thread you see that several buddies have reported on their experience with trying CBD for pain and anxiety while tapering. Some had a positive experience, and some did not. 

Personally, I didn't try Medical Marijuana until I was 2YrsFree. I find CBD more effective when blended with a little THC. I like to vape a high CBD strain flower, because it is easiest to control the dose. Two puffs, and I’m done. I’ve also tried Indica/CBD tinctures and oil syringes. 10mg, and I’m done. But we’re all different. I would stay away from edibles as a beginner.

Hope this helps a bit, and I hope others have suggestions for you too.

http://healer.com/programs/introduction-to-cannabis/  02:39

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-03%20at%2012.54.40%20PM_zpstu1crgwc.png

And finally, a Beginner’s Shopping List, a PFD from Healer.com. Don't take it as the bible, but he makes some good suggestions. ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101403015/Healer.Beginner.ShoppingGuide.pdf

- Aft  :smitten:

This does help. I just found someone locally who stocks Mary's Medicinals CBD gel pens. Apparently they replaced transdermal patches with gel pens that dispense at 2mg a dose. Would that be a fairly safe starting point or can you dose lower / safer with smoking it? And yes, I'll watch the video soon. Just had to ask while I was checking the thread.

This does help. I just found someone locally who stocks Mary's Medicinals CBD gel pens. Apparently they replaced transdermal patches with gel pens that dispense at 2mg a dose. Would that be a fairly safe starting point or can you dose lower / safer with smoking it? And yes, I'll watch the video soon. Just had to ask while I was checking the thread.

I haven't heard of a smaller dose than that, yes, that would be very safe, for me, at least. I believe all of Mary's Medicinals products are offered in very safe doses. I think that's their niche. But Stephen, if you're apprehensive about this, just give yourself more time. Even if the CBD doesn't cause you sxs, your anticipatory anxiety could. Wait until you're in a better head space, and the thought of taking a little risk is more appealing to you. I don;t think CBD will be like a magic cure for w/d sxs - it's just another adjunct tool to add to your bag of coping tricks. :thumbsup:

I've used the marys medicinal cbn gel pen.  Once you figure out how you turn,twist and out comes a dose of 2 mg. The first time I used it was when I was very sick with withdrawals and it wiped me out.  I knew when I was ready this was going to be an option for me.  At that time I hadn't realized I was hooked on temazapam.  Once I realized and crossed to valium I haven't used it because I'm sedated enough. But I found a way to twist a tiny amount out and place on wrists for anxiety. When I'm around 5 mg v I will start using the cbn.  Did the dispensary say they were going to stop production of the patches or just weren't going to carry them?

At this point I would travel to purchase CBN products.  Doctors in my state do not make any recommendations for products, dosage, etc... as they aren't trained.  The people that work in the dispensaries sample the wares, either because they have their own card, know someone else who does, or travel to recreational states (Colorado is the place everyone goes).

I'm having a huge hit of symptoms right now, so bad that the cannabis isn't touching them.  Today I've got a migraine that won't budge and I've been horribly spaced out, anxious and achey all over.  Monday-today, I've had nausea for the first 4 hours I'm awake.

The high CBD flower and oil I have just aren't taking care of business.  I tried half of a 10mg gummy but it did nothing for sleep.  Wondering if the full 10 will work.  They're 18 bucks a piece so not really sustainable.

I wonder if I could get a high THC oil and then add it to coconut oil and dose it from there.  BADSOCREF, what do you think?

For all of the benefits of CBD, fighting insomnia is not one of them. Studies have shown that CBD may even keep one awake, relaxed but awake.

I will defer to badsocref, but I would be very careful dosing with "high THC oil", titrate slowly ...

Wilson

The idea is to dilute the THC oil in the coconut oil and then dose from that.  I found something about this here:

http://www.bravemykayla.com/cannabis-oil-dosing.html 

Wondering if anyone had any suggestions to add.  I do think some of the CBD flower keeps me awake actually. If I use it hours before bed it's better than right before bed. I took a hit of some this morning, and it did absolutely nothing but maybe start a migraine?