Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

As some of you already know through the pm system I accidentally took an edible with too much THC.  It was my first time and what a nightmare it's turned out to be.  It's been 7 days and I'm having increased anxiety plus intrusive thoughts that had left shortly after acute.  Some dizziness with increased dp/dr.  Feel on the verge of a panic attack throughout the day.  It has shocked my CNS all over again. This is really scaring me, and I feel it has set me back quite a bit.  Is this temporary, or am I doomed to more hellish withdrawal? Any suggestions on what I can do to detox from this stuff?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be temporary I read a similar story of someone who was in the same situation as you and they got back to normal after feeling it set them back. You gotta be careful with edibles they can be very potent . I am so sorry to hear you are having this kind of setback so far out. It will get better soon. It sounds like it may have just sent you into a wave . 

It may not have been the chemical in cannabis that sent you into a wave , but the stress it created in your body from taking to much and I am guessing not having a very pleasant time until it wore off?

Feel better friend

yep edibles can mess you up, I learned hard way too. i'm pretty sure you will stabilize, smoking or vaping seems to be a much safer alternative, it is very hard to overdose from inhaling

As some of you already know through the pm system I accidentally took an edible with too much THC.  It was my first time and what a nightmare it's turned out to be.  It's been 7 days and I'm having increased anxiety plus intrusive thoughts that had left shortly after acute.  Some dizziness with increased dp/dr.  Feel on the verge of a panic attack throughout the day.  It has shocked my CNS all over again. This is really scaring me, and I feel it has set me back quite a bit.  Is this temporary, or am I doomed to more hellish withdrawal? Any suggestions on what I can do to detox from this stuff?

Niners,

Marys medicinals has something called Rescue Dose or something like that... I think it is specifically for this.  too much thc.. See what you can find out.. Hopefully they can mail it...

So sorry to hear this, Niners, but thank you for sharing openly.  I think it's so important to hear of everyone's individual experiences so we know how to proceed and to exercise caution.  It's for this reason that the edibles worry me a lot, the fact that the after-effects linger in the system for much longer, it seems, than smoking. 

My (limited) experience with edibles, FYI.  I made a butter from a very low THC weed, ratio 5 THC to 8 CBD. It had zero effect on pain and no high, it was incredibly weak.  However, I did experience a strange feeling of "distance/disconnection" which lasted probably five days or so.  I was also told I was grinning more than usual  ::) hmmm?  I'm hoping the same for you, that it indeed is only temporary, perhaps just a little longer than my experience given the higher THC you used.  No setback otherwise for me whatsoever.  Hugs.

By the way, for others who may also be very sensitive still to all other meds.  Smoking the same very low THC, gave me a high from Hell.  It was mainly due to it exaggerating my rocky boat and, secondly, it gave me multiple/very frequent jerks.  Lasted four hours and then another couple of hours winding down, and I was out of it.  The plus was that I was 100% pain free within three minutes flat.  If not for the awful ramping up of my rocky boat, I'd have continued with it for sure.  I'm still psyching to try it again but next time the puffs will be very, very tentative and I'll wait ten or more minutes to see how I react.

Niners, I'm glad you decided to share your experience, and I hope the replies here are reassuring to you. Rescue Remedy sounds like a good suggestion. Wish I knew more about how to help, but like others here, I feel confident that you will come out of this soon. Your experience is a good reminder that we are moving through new territory here. Kinda like how benzo w/d is uncharted territory-  hmm, kind of ironic that a medicine that can be so helpful to us is also so unstudied. Hopefully that will change sooner than later, and stories like yours will become few and far between. Hope you feel better soon.  :smitten:

Thanks to everyone on this board for your support it means a lot.  I'll just try to relax the best I can, and hope this passes in the next week or so.  Take care and God bless❤

I wanted to pop in with some positive news -  Today is DAY4 of my trial with a new CBD product. It’s a 1ml concentrated oil syringe with 96mg CBD and 6mg THC. Here is a link to the product, in case anyone would like to look for something comparable:  https://www.arrowalternativecare.com/medical-marijuana/product-catalog-and-online-ordering/item/19-oils/1203-sunrise-c96-t6-cbd-syringe-1ml-02409

I’ve been using 0.1ml (10mg CBD) twice a day  = 20mg CBD/day, with zero adverse effects. It’s definitely helping with anxiety and it might even be helping with GI issues (too soon to tell). I only use it during the day, not at night.

Anxiety is not a constant problem for me, but I recently began trauma therapy, and this is really helping me ‘Keep Calm and Carry On.’ So far, I’m very hopeful that my plan of using CBD during the day and CBN at night for sleep with carry me through to total healing.

Like Niners, I also had a bad experience with taking too much CBD, so I just wanted to post this update.  :thumbsup:

Niners, I hope today is a better day for you. :smitten:

aft 35,

Has cbn helped with sleep. How? Length, wake ups, ect  Am starting it in about 3 months when valium dose goes down? What forms are you taking and how much? Did you ever take it during the day.

Thanks

Aft,

Thank you for sharing that information. I am so happy that it seems to be working for you.  Trauma therapy? Wow that's what we all need after this ordeal for sure.

I was wondering if you could share the pic of CBN oil so i know where to order from and what name and brand and actually what it looks like.

Thank you so much again.

Saraa

magnolis and Saraa, I'm happy to post the label again (I think I did before, many pages ago, so it's lost in the scroll...) And I'll look for a picture of the syringe. I agree with you, it's nice to have a picture too. But sorry, it's out of stock in CT, so no dispensary link. :( I haven't tried it during the day yet, and I may not, if the CBD is effective during the day. I usually sleep  6-7hrs with the CBN oil, and if I wake up, I easily just roll over, and go back to sleep, like a normal person. ;)

I use .2ml at bedtime, and that equals 20mg CBN, 10mg CBD, 15mg THC.

I like this blend of cannabinoids very much, but it IS a little psychoactive, in a meditative, stress-free kind of way. Relaxes my muscles and works absolute wonders on my ruminating mind!

And Saraa, I agree with you - we all need trauma therapy after this journey!  :smitten:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-18%20at%201.19.02%20PM_zpsnqpci03g.png

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/FullSizeRender_zpsjsrlff1g.jpg

... and while we're on the subject of pictures- here is a link to a product that is only available in CA (and yes, I believe they will ship to MMJ patients within CA). I would love to find something like this in CT. If any CA buddies try this, please let me know how it is - I think it looks very promising, and a dose of 5-10mg CBN might be enough for most people.

http://tryalta.com/insomnia-relief/

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/Insomnia%20Relief%20CBN%20Tincture%20Alta%20Calif_zpsywzl6aux.png

Insomnia relief tincture sounds good.  Is the THC a problem for us?  How much thc is in it.

It looks like it's equal parts THC and CBN - so 5mg THC/ml. For me, that's a very low dose, and would not be a problem, but some of us are more sensitive. When trying something new, allow yourself a little built-in recovery time, just in case. But this is a conservative tincture, medicinal not recreational, for sure.

... and while we're on the subject of pictures- here is a link to a product that is only available in CA (and yes, I believe they will ship to MMJ patients within CA). I would love to find something like this in CT. If any CA buddies try this, please let me know how it is - I think it looks very promising, and a dose of 5-10mg CBN might be enough for most people.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/r17dz5a3lr17dz5a3l/Insomnia%20Relief%20CBN%20Tincture%20Alta%20Calif_zpsywzl6aux.png

Thank you so much for posting these pics- I would loose whats left of my mind if i remotely tried as highly tech challenged.

Aft- I m sorry if im pressing you on this but i thought that you already used the cbn oil for nightime thats why im a little confused when you said if anyone in ca tries this to let you know.  I will read again just to make sure.  Thanks again.

looks interesting...i'm on the westside, have to drive pretty far to get it

Thank you so much for posting these pics- I would loose whats left of my mind if i remotely tried as highly tech challenged.

Aft- I m sorry if im pressing you on this but i thought that you already used the cbn oil for nightime thats why im a little confused when you said if anyone in ca tries this to let you know.  I will read again just to make sure.  Thanks again.

You're not cog-fogged, Saraa, you're right  ;) - I use the oil, and love it, but i's not always available. And there are no other CBN products available in CT dispensaries at this time.  But in case someday they might produce some other formulations, I'd love to have feedback from others before I try something comparable. One problem with Medical Marijuana products is that they can be seasonal, or harvest-dependent, at least here in CT. But we only have 4 legal growers. I'm also always looking for more cost-effective options, and tinctures are good value for the money. :thumbsup:

looks interesting...i'm on the westside, have to drive pretty far to get it

locutus,- I thought all Californians love to drive! ;) But of course, benzo w/d changes that, doesn't it. Hope you are well enough to drive, or have a friend to travel with. Keep us in the loop.

It won't help me directly, but it's very important because it will set a precedent here in the Northeast. Our buddy Maya6842 has been involved in the proceedings with this bill in MA, (she has posted about it on BB) and she would know much more about how it might turn the tides for other states . Here's a link in case anyone is not aware of this bill: https://www.mpp.org/states/massachusetts/

I think for people who haven't tried thc.  They shouldn't go straight to edibles of tinctures since the effect lasts longer. The best route would be Vaping a high cbd with the lowest thc content they could find. So thier bodies could adjust to the effects of thc.

I think for people who haven't tried thc.  They shouldn't go straight to edibles of tinctures since the effect lasts longer. The best route would be Vaping a high cbd with the lowest thc content they could find. So thier bodies could adjust to the effects of thc.

I'm really glad you said that. The thought of putting THC in an already compromised system, sounds scary, to say the least. I wouldn't even consider it...I think I'd totally lose it.

I would agree,  I have a vape pen made by medaStix and it is a 1:1  (CDB:THC) and I actually find it too sedating to use during the day. It does even make me feel high just tired, which is great for sleep. 

CBDs also help to minimize the effects of THC.  Recently I bought high CBD flower (with almost NO THC)  and I mix it in with everything I smoke and I enjoy the more mellow effects.