Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

my rough estimate is around 50-100mg CBD in one dose. way too much I know that now

5-10mg is prob max.

I had an scary CBD exp. yesterday which makes me to stop using any MJ stuff completely I think for now. I did put some CBD paste in an empty supplement capsule around 1pm. Didn't feel anything until 7pm or so. At 7pm it hit me hard - I felt like smoking 3 joints at once. very bad nausea, dr/dp and an intense amplification of K w/d symptoms. today is bad too. could be just regular w/d, altough I haven't been cutting at all. still sitting at 0.18mg K. is it coincidence or could waves come and go even when holding dosage? I was feeling reasonable for the last couple days or so until this....

Do you know how much CBD was in the paste ?  CBDs need to be treated with the same respect as THC as it is possible to take too much and hence cause nausea.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

my rough estimate is around 50-100mg CBD in one dose. way too much I know that now

5-10mg is prob max.

I had an scary CBD exp. yesterday which makes me to stop using any MJ stuff completely I think for now. I did put some CBD paste in an empty supplement capsule around 1pm. Didn't feel anything until 7pm or so. At 7pm it hit me hard - I felt like smoking 3 joints at once. very bad nausea, dr/dp and an intense amplification of K w/d symptoms. today is bad too. could be just regular w/d, altough I haven't been cutting at all. still sitting at 0.18mg K. is it coincidence or could waves come and go even when holding dosage? I was feeling reasonable for the last couple days or so until this....

Do you know how much CBD was in the paste ?  CBDs need to be treated with the same respect as THC as it is possible to take too much and hence cause nausea.

locutus, I had similar bad experience with taking too much CBD (40mg). I posted about it here yesterday. Just chiming in now  because I went to my dispensary today and got some CBD oil in a syringe - 96mg CBD and 6mg THC per ml- and I've had 2 doses today, and I feel great! I took 0.1ml, which = 10mg CBD, in the morning and another 10mg at dinner time. NO sweats, palps, or worrisome anxiety. Too soon to say if this is coincidence or not, but it definitely didn't hurt me. So I think you're on to something with regard to lowering the dose.

[5e...]

Bad,

Please name the tinctures that are helping?

I make my own alcohol tinctures.  Usually on the Indica side.  When I first started using tinctures, 10 milligrams would do the job nicely.  Takes more than that now.

Aft35,

Thank you for the support.  It's funny how a reply like yours makes me feel cared for.  I will check out the Unisom.

Badsocref,

Thank you for offering to look over the menu.

Magnolis,

Hang in there friend. We are here for each other.

[5e...]

A cool at article on cbn https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbn-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

So if I decarb my weed in the oven for on hour at 240 it will all convert into cbn?

I haven't done it with flowers yet, but I think it will take longer than an hour to convert to CBN.  It will fully decarboxylate in an hour, but I think it will take several hours to convert to CBN.  I need to do this with flowers obviously.

Badsocref,

You are so knowledgeable about all of this! We are all super lucky to have you as part of our group! Thank you for sharing so much here. You're amazing!

Peace&love

Hope &Faith

Badsocref,

You are so knowledgeable about all of this! We are all super lucky to have you as part of our group! Thank you for sharing so much here. You're amazing!

Peace&love

Hope &Faith

Here, here!! :clap: :clap:

Badsocref,

Peace&love

Hope &Faith

I third that!!  :clap::highfive:

A cool at article on cbn https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbn-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

So if I decarb my weed in the oven for on hour at 240 it will all convert into cbn?

I haven't done it with flowers yet, but I think it will take longer than an hour to convert to CBN.  It will fully decarboxylate in an hour, but I think it will take several hours to convert to CBN.  I need to do this with flowers obviously.

Hi badsocref,  I made my first batch of coconut oil infused with cannabis a few days ago and it turned out great for sleep. I used  some super strong Indica flower. First I decarbed it, for about 45 minutes, in the oven then I uses my crock pot on low to infuse it into the coconut oil.  I am really happy with the taste and the effect. I use it at night before bed, just 2 or 3 teaspoons.  Thanks for your posts, it led me to more research CBNs !!  :thumbsup:

Hi badsocref,  I made my first batch of coconut oil infused with cannabis a few days ago and it turned out great for sleep. I used  some super strong Indica flower. First I decarbed it, for about 45 minutes, in the oven then I uses my crock pot on low to infuse it into the coconut oil.  I am really happy with the taste and the effect. I use it at night before bed, just 2 or 3 teaspoons.  Thanks for your posts, it led me to more research CBNs !!  :thumbsup:

How long do you put it in the crockpot and how much coconut oil? I really want to try decarbing some of my mmj but I am worried I am going to waste it and it was expensive. Maybe I should get some cheap stuff to try it out first?

Badocref

How long do i need to expose my indica to sunlight before I can attempt to make a cbn oil or tincture? I live in florida so we have some intense sun!!

Badocref

How long do i need to expose my indica to sunlight before I can attempt to make a cbn oil or tincture? I live in florida so we have some intense sun!!

Doesn't sunlight convert it to cbg? 

[5e...]

Badocref

I don't know.  It would take a long time (weeks?  months?).  I'll eventually do a experiment to find out how long it takes in an oven, but I'm probably not patient enough to wait for THC -> CBN via sunlight.

I read where UV light can also convert THC -> CBN, but I don't have any knowledge about the wavelength or light intensity or time.

Benzobarb,

I love how Jon chalant you are about the oil! Like making Toll House cookies 😉  How much flower do you use and then how much coconut oil?  All slow cookers are not created equal so what temp is your low setting?  I want to try too but don't want to mess myself up with a batch that's too strong or something 😳

Hi Sunday,  I followed the instruction at this link http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-cannabis-coconut-oil-canna-oil/

One the 2nd page of this link ( click the next button) there is a discussion about ratio of flower to oil.  I  had between 7 to 9 grams of loose MMJ flower and I used about 3/4 a jar of coconut oil.  I did not want to make it too strong.  Also, whatever you do, use a crock pot and not a pot on the stove because even on the lowest setting with a pot the flower will most likely burn.  And you do not want that burnt flavor .  good luck  8)   

Hi Sunday,  I followed the instruction at this link http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-cannabis-coconut-oil-canna-oil/

One the 2nd page of this link ( click the next button) there is a discussion about ratio of flower to oil.  I  had between 7 to 9 grams of loose MMJ flower and I used about 3/4 a jar of coconut oil.  I did not want to make it too strong.  Also, whatever you do, use a crock pot and not a pot on the stove because even on the lowest setting with a pot the flower will most likely burn.  And you do not want that burnt flavor .  good luck  8) 

Thanks man I was wondering about this as well. With that much coconut oil I don't think you'll need to worry about it bieng strong at all. Maybe I will use that much as well. Seems like a whole lot of oil though? Did it still work okay? Not too weak?

Thanks man I was wondering about this as well. With that much coconut oil I don't think you'll need to worry about it bieng strong at all. Maybe I will use that much as well. Seems like a whole lot of oil though? Did it still work okay? Not too weak?

Yes I am very happy with the strength. One spoonful and I am ready for sleep.  Also the product I started with was ridiculously strong, 28% THC, so I wanted to be super careful.  I would never smoke something that strong.  :crazy:

Gonna pick up some purple Urkle to decarb with coconut oil this weekend

Checked all the shops in Seattle and no one has those damn cbn patches. They carry all the other Mary's medicinal products. I think because it doesn't have enough thc in it they don't carry it. You know they cater to the masses and most people go in for the thc.  I get it .. Still disappointing.

I have abstained from thc for so long. I did plan on using thc if I got to six months and things weren't improving. So I supposed now it is time. Can't heal if I am not sleeping enough . Would rather go the cbn route though.