Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Stephen

If sleep is a major issue... CBN . I remember by  CBN(Nightime).

Sleep and nerve pain are the major issues. Anxiety is in there as well, but it's driven by those. When those get worse my anxiety cranks up.

Stephen, speaking from experience, once the sleep goes to hell, everything else escalates real fast. CBN might be a good tool for you. And the nerve pain -  is it in your muscles, or is it more like electric sparks? Is it like burning feet, tingly hands?.... If so, maybe you should also pick up one of Mary's topical creams as an analgesic for the muscles. They are VERY low dose CBD, but I've heard good reports from patients with sore, aching muscles.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=abcd link=topic=165140.msg2249673#msg2249673 date=1478226247

Yes, very helpful, hands up to being one of the confused, thanks, Aft.  And on that note, sorry for being so slow, but another question regarding Wilson's CBN. Are you saying it's not the way to go for pain relief, muscle relaxation, that type of thing?  That it's really best for insomnia only?  I can't put myself through another hellish high, but I also don't want to waste the stuff I have on hand.

And a second ridiculous question.  That butter I made, anyone think it might work if I used it transdermally? (The smell's quite nauseating but, hey, I'd still give it a shot).  Any thoughts, anyone been crazy enough to try it?

OK abcd, I think I screwed up the Quote Thingie , but here goes anyway -

Did someone say buttah? ;) Hey, if you don't mind greasy sheets, a little buttah never hurt a lady's skin.. ;)It's coconut oil - based, right? Coconut butter is great for skin. But the smell.... oh dear... you'll just have to ask the person you share your bed with!  :o

So, back to the CBN - YES, CBN definitely relaxes my muscles! Doesn't do much for pain relief though. I hear ya about the expense of 'trying things.' Can you decarb just a small amount? I also don;t know about using CBN during the daytime - but when I can get some more , I intend to try it in lower doses during the day, as a prophylactic for breakthrough anxiety. And I'll report back  :thumbsup:

Aft35,

Good to know about the tincture.  Not sure what is available to me but I know for a fact CBNNNNNN is NNNOT :laugh:

I am having terrible sleep now that I've started to whittle down from the last .125mg of K.  I have had a migraine for two days that will not go away.  I need something to make me sleep better.  I can get CBD, I can get flower like most parts of the country with high or low THC or higher CBD and low THC.  Some oils are available, some Mary's CBD products, edibles, tinctures, and liquid cartridges for vaping.

No luck with 5mg gummy and will try the 10mg but it's 18 bucks, as I've said.

Aft35,

Good to know about the tincture.  Not sure what is available to me but I know for a fact CBNNNNNN is NNNOT :laugh:

I am having terrible sleep now that I've started to whittle down from the last .125mg of K.  I have had a migraine for two days that will not go away.  I need something to make me sleep better.  I can get CBD, I can get flower like most parts of the country with high or low THC or higher CBD and low THC.  Some oils are available, some Mary's CBD products, edibles, tinctures, and liquid cartridges for vaping.

Hello Sunday,

Sorry to hear about your sleep issues, been there...  :tickedoff:

This was posted before but worth repeating with specificity to your concerns. CBD is NOT good for sleep. Studies have shown that while it is effective for many things it can actually exacerbate insomnia, especially sleep initiation.

THC can be good for sleep, depending upon the strain, after it wears off in a couple of hours maybe less. But many in recovery have trouble getting past the early anxiety that can be brought on from some Cannabis. :D

Of the cannabinoids, CBN is by far the best for sleep. If you can't get your hands on some, if not it's easy to make and dose. I seem to remember someone recently posted a way to do that.  :laugh:

Best of healing and sleep well tonight,  :thumbsup:

Wilson  :angel:

Aft35,

Hi SuNNNNNday! :) Oh those headaches are just awful. Mine used to come out of nowhere and completely wipe me out. Found out there's a name for them - thunderclap headaches. I'm not trying to ignore your question about what to purchase, but I can't speak from experience about what might've worked for me while tapering. Hope others will chime in.

I can't remember, are you experienced with inhalation? If you feel comfortable with the 'product', I know that Dr Sulak recommends starting with a small amount of flower, 2 different strains - a high CBD and a pure Indica. He recommends vaping it, as the best way to control the dose. One puff. Wait 30-45 minutes. If no effect, one more puff. Sort of an all-day affair, you know, but hey, maybe it could also be a good distraction! Do you have a vaporizer for flower?

Right now, I have no CBN. I use a teaspoon of decarbed indica flower, finely ground, mixed in a tablespoon of applesauce. (could use honey or yogurt...) I take it about an hour before bed and I get about 4 hours sleep. Not great. But better than nothing.

And I just want to throw this out here - Wilson has posted some very effective "Sleep Recipes" with supplements and guided meditations - I'

m sure he'd be willing to share them here, and I personally intend to try some of his herbal options as adjuncts :thumbsup:

HI Wilson, you posted while i was typing - GOOD TIMING! :smitten:

Haha Aft! I saw that! You know, great minds and all...  ::)

Off work at 2pm EST, love my Buddy Time  :smitten:

[22...]

- Jumping in here because I’m getting confused again. Is anyone else confused?  Sometimes I’m not sure if we’re comparing apples to apples. Sometimes it seems like we’re comparing CBN and CBD as if they’re interchangeable, but of course they’re not. CBN is sedating and good for sleep, and CBD is useful for pain, anxiety, GI sxs, …

So here’s a thought – in an effort to make things more clear,

maybe we could post about CBN in Wilson’s CBN thread (thank you for that, Wilson!)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=168380.0

and keep the CBD posts here ?, since the title of this thread includes CBD…

Does anyone else think that would be helpful?...

Ha ha Aft!

I'm in... But you don't seem confused at all, your description was spot on  :thumbsup:

Confused now? Just wait til we start discussing CBC and CBG!  :2funny:

Wilson :smitten:

... and THCV and CBDV and d8-THC and we haven't even begun to add in the terpenes. 

Good to hear from you again, bads! :smitten: I see you've been very busy creating that incredible self-adjusting spreadsheet for buddies who are tapering. What a gift- you continue to amaze me with all you do here. :smitten:

[22...]

Much stress and no time in my life right now, so I've been spending a little less time here.  Also, I had a tooth extraction yesterday have been a bit looped up on oxycodone.  The new testing lab is getting busier and I still work full-time at the University, so my time is more and more limited.  Still intend to do more CBN studies.  Got the material.  Just need to create the time to do the experimentation.

Nice to see somebody interested in that spreadsheet.  It's actually a really neat tool.  Maybe people would understand it better if I made a YouTube video about using it?? 

Much stress and no time in my life right now, so I've been spending a little less time here.  Also, I had a tooth extraction yesterday have been a bit looped up on oxycodone.  The new testing lab is getting busier and I still work full-time at the University, so my time is more and more limited.  Still intend to do more CBN studies.  Got the material.  Just need to create the time to do the experimentation.

Nice to see somebody interested in that spreadsheet.  It's actually a really neat tool.  Maybe people would understand it better if I made a YouTube video about using it??

Ugh, DENTISTS!  >:( I'm glad your lab is busy - good news for all of us Cannabis wannabees.  ;) Are people confused by your spreadsheet? Understandable - when I was tapering the only info I could process was video info - so the vid sounds like a great idea. Just be sure to protect your identity. Vimeo is more private than YouTube, IMO. :thumbsup:

Badsocref, sorry about the dental work.  No fun!

Aft, thank you for writing. I left work a little early and spent time at the dispensary trying to find something.  I left with Kosher Kush in flower form. Bads recommended it and so did the sales associate.  I did vape some when I got home and it did "something" but not much.  I was able to rest, but it didn't last more than an hour and the headache is still with me.

I really wonder if I'm not using enough, would be better off smoking it, or maybe I can handle something stronger than I thought I could?

Hope everyone is feeling better than I am!  Migraines stink  :'(

Aft, thank you for writing. I left work a little early and spent time at the dispensary trying to find something.  I left with Kosher Kush in flower form. Bads recommended it and so did the sales associate.  I did vape some when I got home and it did "something" but not much.  I was able to rest, but it didn't last more than an hour and the headache is still with me.

I really wonder if I'm not using enough, would be better off smoking it, or maybe I can handle something stronger than I thought I could?

What do you vape with? I been looking into the firefly 2 so I can vape on the go. I have only been Vaping the oils with a pen, but I have tried the volcano before and that worked great. I also have a dry herb vape pen but it's shit in my opinion. No temp control.

I don't want to have a giant vaporizer at home because I use such small amounts and they're expensive.

I have the Magic Flight Launch Box.  http://sales.magic-flight.com/original-maple-launch-box-kit//

It seemed like the best choice of the selections at the store. It's very simple.  I was talked into the grinder, but I wasn't told that it's to "finish" pre-ground flower.  It's another step, which I find annoying.  I don't enjoy the paraphernalia and ritual that goes along with this.  If I could roll a joint, I would.  I have a 1:1 blend in a cartridge that's so easy to use but it's not my favorite, so it's going to last forever.  At 80-100 bucks I couldn't decide on another strain today because of the migraine I have.

I don't want to have a giant vaporizer at home because I use such small amounts and they're expensive.

I have the Magic Flight Launch Box.  http://sales.magic-flight.com/original-maple-launch-box-kit//

It seemed like the best choice of the selections at the store. It's very simple.  I was talked into the grinder, but I wasn't told that it's to "finish" pre-ground flower.  It's another step, which I find annoying.  I don't enjoy the paraphernalia and ritual that goes along with this.  If I could roll a joint, I would.  I have a 1:1 blend in a cartridge that's so easy to use but it's not my favorite, so it's going to last forever.  At 80-100 bucks I couldn't decide on another strain today because of the migraine I have.

Oh nice I have a magic flight lunch box as well except I broke the screen like a dummy one time and you can't replace the screen

I hated the dry herb vape pen too !!  I use a regular vape on the go.  I have been vaping Kurvana for (indica or stavia) and MEDASTIX for CBD  ( you can find them with google).  I use Kosher Kush flower in the evening to help with sleep but I grind it and use a water bong at home.  I discovered that grinding the flower before smoking makes the effects stronger, so a little goes a long way.  Another trick I do is buy some high CBD flower and I mix a little in with the Kosher Kush, especially if I am having any pain.  Also if you ever smoke too much you can smoke the CBD flower alone and it will help level you out to a happy place.  8)

I hated the dry herb vape pen too !!  I use a regular vape on the go.  I have been vaping Kurvana for (indica or stavia) and MEDASTIX for CBD  ( you can find them with google).  I use Kosher Kush flower in the evening to help with sleep but I grind it and use a water bong at home.  I discovered that grinding the flower before smoking makes the effects stronger, so a little goes a long way.  Another trick I do is buy some high CBD flower and I mix a little in with the Kosher Kush, especially if I am having any pain.  Also if you ever smoke too much you can smoke the CBD flower alone and it will help level you out to a happy place.  8)

I love how cbd helps balance everything out with the thc.

I went to the dispensary after work yesterday to find something for the horrid migraine and Kosher Kush is what I left with.  Sadly, it didn't kill the migraine, and I'm not sure how much it helped for sleep.  I vaped it first, and then in the middle of the night, with the migraine in full force, I just smashed some in a one-hit and lit it. It was stronger that way, but it may have kept me up for a bit longer instead of knocking me flat out.  I don't know what is going on with me, but I'm not getting "high" on any of this stuff.  I still have pain and stiffness, but my mind isn't dwelling on it. Nothing really relieves the body pain, the migraine, or keeps me asleep so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I'm sensitive to everything but this cannabis isn't doing what I hoped. 

Aft or someone,

Explain the difference between cbd from hemp and the other cbd?  Also yesterday I talked to a person from the dispensary. He mentioned a vaporizer that has a separate recycling chamber that keeps the high temperature flower,aged and is higher in cbn? IT'S LEFT IN A SEPARATE compartment. He is a vet and uses this to help his fellow vets sleep. Has anyone heard ofthis? He also mentioned getting both in concentrate instead of flower,  can anyone explain.  Will the other cbd be more effective than organic hemp cbd?

I am at 10.4 mg of valium. The afternoon fatigue and evening is bad.  I tried indica tincture and it gave me anxiety.  Any ideas of a good remedy in mm. Would smoking indica in a vaporizer be better. I got some pure cbd  (not oil) that ezra said to put in vap to reduce thc. Or maybe I need to just be exhausted and not further Tax my system. Of course cbn. Is not going to help fatigue and I want nothing stimulating.

I am at 10.4 mg of valium. The afternoon fatigue and evening is bad.  I tried indica tincture and it gave me anxiety.  Any ideas of a good remedy in mm. Would smoking indica in a vaporizer be better. I got some pure cbd  (not oil) that ezra said to put in vap to reduce thc. Or maybe I need to just be exhausted and not further Tax my system. Of course cbn. Is not going to help fatigue and I want nothing stimulating.

Hi Mags,

As far as the fatigue goes, what time of day do you dose your Valium? Perhaps you could move the dose closer to bed time when fatigue is a good thing. I say this because of the long life of valium it may not matter. I dosed once a day only 1 hour before bedtime and was fine with that.  :thumbsup:

Yep as I said before I have used MJ my entire life but during my taper it gave me anxiety with one puff, very strange, it still does. Makes no difference if vaping, smoking or tincture thc is thc... If I added CBD to the THC it was much better, no anxiety.

I found that B-complex amped me a bit so I moved that to early afternoon for a boost to fight fatigue, just a thought. I don't think that you will find anything in MM to fight fatigue that doesn't flare anxiety, certainly not cbn, that stuff zonks me out...  :sleepy:

Wilson

PS: Good old anti-inflammatories like advil helped me a lot during taper, it seemed like my brain was swollen. Also as cheap as they are I feel that Bacopa moneirri and definitely Theanine are worth a try for everyone.

Magnolis, my understanding is that the CBD from hemp has NO THC, and that's why it's legal in all states. I've never tried it, but I know you got it from a trusted source, so let's assume it's good. The CBD from the marijuana plant is usually blended with at least a small percentage of THC, and many people have said that helps it be more effective. the only CBD I've tried is from the CBD from the marijuana plant.  I don't  know if trying a different product would be helpful. I'm confused though, because I thought Ezra only worked with hemp-based CBD - and that wouldn't have any THC - so maybe he blended it?...

Might be worth a call to him with a follow up question.

As for your migraines, as awful as they are, I'm not sure any form of MJ is going to fix it right away. When I had horrible headaches during w/d the only thing that helped was time. I know this may sound like a broken record, but try to remind yourself that this is temporary, and it will pass. And since you did not experience any relief from the indica tincture either, I think your idea to 'not further tax your system' is a good one. Maybe back to herbal teas, peaceful music, candles.....? Maybe Unisom tonight?

It worries me that some of our buddies here are having a tough time with Medical Cannabis while tapering. It makes me take pause. I simply don;t have the knowledge for how to help, because during w/d our bodies are in a state of crisis, and nothing really works the way it should. I hope Wilson will pop in here with some of his knowledge about supplements and herbs that can help with relaxing the body, because until you feel better, it really might be best to go easy. We all want so desperately to feel better, but really, MMJ is just one piece of the puzzle. It's one option, one tool.

My guess is that once you come out of this wave, MMJ may help prevent future incidents like this, but I don;t know that it can pull you out, now that you're already in the thick of it. I know this isn't what you hoped to hear, but I'm trying to be honest, within my limited experience. I feel for you Magnolis, and I'm sending healing energy your way - I wish I had more to give, but sadly I don't have the answer. The fact that you're still going to work and functioning with all this discomfort is a real testament to your strength. You deserve a break, and it will come, but not soon enough, I know... :smitten:

I am not having migraines just this fatigue that is all consuming. I take entire dose in 2 parts. 11pm and 3 am.

No daytime dose.  I think you are right. About mm . I know my sleep will be less as valium goes down. So hopefully the cbn will help.  I am able to function up til about 4pm. So that's good.  Anyone hear about that special vaporizer with a reclaim chamber

Wilson.  Will take your suggestion on those supplements you took.

I am not having migraines just this fatigue that is all consuming. I take entire dose in 2 parts. 11pm and 3 am.

No daytime dose.  I think you are right. About mm . I know my sleep will be less as valium goes down. So hopefully the cbn will help.  I am able to function up til about 4pm. So that's good.  Anyone hear about that special vaporizer with a reclaim chamber

Behold! The power of Google!!!

http://www.thedipstick.com/

Hey Mags,

Oh yeah the "reclaim chamber"... Nothing new there, we had pipes back in the 70's that had them. They basically collect the resin after smoke passes through the herb. The fact that it has been previously smoked may convert some of the old resin and new herb to some CBN content, but probably just a little bit. May work though for you.

Are you thinking that this will help with sleep? It might. But trust me CBN is the best for that. If you can, do the 48 hour decarb of some flower at 200F, it works very well for making CBN.

Also, don't program yourself for problems as the valium dose reduces, your mind is listening... I did not have too much trouble sleeping as my dose reduced. I did potentiate the decreasing dose with other supplements along the way as needed, though. Notably, bacopa, Relora, benadryl, gotu kola, magnesium, tryptophan and melatonin.

Also, against much advice to the contrary I found that if I got tired in the early afternoon I just took a nap. Listen to your body and mind, if it wants sleep give it sleep. Fighting sleep anytime of day sends a bad and mixed message to the brain... Just limit it to 30-45 minutes if possible. For the entire time that I took Xanax for sleep I would get sleepy in the afternoon, sometimes I napped sometimes not possible. Once I completed my taper I no longer needed naps at all, I am full of energy all day long. :thumbsup: As your falling asleep for your nap tell yourself " Okay brain, this is how we are supposed to feel at bedtime tonight. Tonight I will fall asleep easily and quickly, this is how it feels. I know how to sleep and I trust the process of sleep and life."

Cheers Kiddo,  :smitten:

Wilson

PS: I forgot to mention that 100mg 5htp did help me with sleep during my taper 1 hour before bed...