Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

- Jumping in here because I’m getting confused again. Is anyone else confused?  Sometimes I’m not sure if we’re comparing apples to apples. Sometimes it seems like we’re comparing CBN and CBD as if they’re interchangeable, but of course they’re not. CBN is sedating and good for sleep, and CBD is useful for pain, anxiety, GI sxs, …

So here’s a thought – in an effort to make things more clear,

maybe we could post about CBN in Wilson’s CBN thread (thank you for that, Wilson!)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=168380.0

and keep the CBD posts here ?, since the title of this thread includes CBD…

Does anyone else think that would be helpful?... 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

- Jumping in here because I’m getting confused again. Is anyone else confused?  Sometimes I’m not sure if we’re comparing apples to apples. Sometimes it seems like we’re comparing CBN and CBD as if they’re interchangeable, but of course they’re not. CBN is sedating and good for sleep, and CBD is useful for pain, anxiety, GI sxs, …

maybe we could post about CBN in Wilson’s CBN thread (thank you for that, Wilson!)

Ha ha Aft!

I'm in... But you don't seem confused at all, your description was spot on  :thumbsup:

Confused now? Just wait til we start discussing CBC and CBG!  :2funny:

Wilson :smitten:

Ha ha Aft!

I'm in... But you don't seem confused at all, your description was spot on  :thumbsup:

Confused now? Just wait til we start discussing CBC and CBG!  :2funny:

Wilson :smitten:

:laugh: We need to compose an MJ Alphabet Song to help keep things straight! 8)

Let's start a band  ;) ;)

I don't think anyone is confused... I understand the difference between CBN and CBD.  There are no CBN products where I live.  I have only purchased products with high CBD ratio or content.  Nothing is keeping me asleep, so the theory is that CBD is not sedating.  It does make me sleepy and fall asleep, but that's it.  I am considering adding more THC to the mix, but I'm concerned about anxiety and that awful bed-spin feeling it can cause.

Let's start a band  ;) ;)

I'll be the lead Zinger! :2funny:

Me and THC go way back, but for some reason during my taper and even now to some extent THC causes anxiety with an even small amount, unless it has a good CBD ratio.

IMHO anything that gets one high and is mind altering effects the brain and should be avoided as much as possible during taper. That includes alcohol, opiates, some AD's and yes THC, bummer.  :(  Let the brain heal as much as possible  :thumbsup:

Wilson

I don't love being high and never have, but THC is good for sleep once it degrades out of the system.  I believe Aft35 is mixing it in with CBD as does Badsocref.  I just used Pineapple, which is 13% THC, and I do not feel altered, just more relaxed and less aware of pain (though it's there for sure, my neck just cracked like an empty cicada shell).

Yes, very helpful, hands up to being one of the confused, thanks, Aft.  And on that note, sorry for being so slow, but another question regarding Wilson's CBN.  Are you saying it's not the way to go for pain relief, muscle relaxation, that type of thing?  That it's really best for insomnia only?  I can't put myself through another hellish high, but I also don't want to waste the stuff I have on hand.

And a second ridiculous question.  That butter I made, anyone think it might work if I used it transdermally?  (The smell's quite nauseating but, hey, I'd still give it a shot).  Any thoughts, anyone been crazy enough to try it?

:laugh: We need to compose an MJ Alphabet Song to help keep things straight! 8)

Someone say "alphabet"?  :laugh:

I've got know. What does cbg and the other do?

Cbg ? Ohhhh cbg is great you grind it up into a powder then cut it up with a razor blade to release the cbg from the flower.  Then you make a couple lines of it and snort it up your nose. Then you can see through wooden doors. For at least twenty minutes . ( nah cbg is good for your tummy)

I've got know. What does cbg and the other do?

Cbg ? Ohhhh cbg is great you grind it up into a powder then cut it up with a razor blade to release the cbg from the flower.  Then you make a couple lines of it and snort it up your nose. Then you can see through wooden doors. For at least twenty minutes . ( nah cbg is good for your tummy)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wait, you're using it right now, aren't you?  Admit it!

I did slam a few lines up my nose before posting that. I always snort some of my flower it's the only way to do proper quality control.

:crazy:

I've used the marys medicinal cbn gel pen.  Once you figure out how you turn,twist and out comes a dose of 2 mg. The first time I used it was when I was very sick with withdrawals and it wiped me out.  I knew when I was ready this was going to be an option for me.  At that time I hadn't realized I was hooked on temazapam.  Once I realized and crossed to valium I haven't used it because I'm sedated enough. But I found a way to twist a tiny amount out and place on wrists for anxiety. When I'm around 5 mg v I will start using the cbn.  Did the dispensary say they were going to stop production of the patches or just weren't going to carry them?

What do you mean by "wiped out"? Like sleepy, fatigued? I'm fairly keyed up right now so in addition to nerve pain my interest is something to help relax me. Although I'm going to probably do what After35 says and try to wait until I'm more stable.

Thanks for the info on Mary's products. As far as that goes what the dispensary said is they were going to stop making them. It makes some sense. I've read stuff about people cutting up the patches so the patches seemed like an imperfect solution possibly. I don't know. I'm new to this stuff.

after it leaves, so smoke/vape like 2 hours before bed at least?

I don't love being high and never have, but THC is good for sleep once it degrades out of the system.  I believe Aft35 is mixing it in with CBD as does Badsocref.  I just used Pineapple, which is 13% THC, and I do not feel altered, just more relaxed and less aware of pain (though it's there for sure, my neck just cracked like an empty cicada shell).

Stephen,

I was at my sickest point, completely unstable , taking temazapam at tolerance. Not knowing what the reason was for the he'll I was going thru.  I remember the gel comes on quick, relaxing the entire body.  But i would wait until you are stable before you try anything new.  That anxiety of trying new substances can hinder affects, I believe, if you have fear or are not psychologically ready.  But compared to the poison of benzos we have been investing for years, cbn, is a safe alternative.

So i need to ask again.  Did the dispensary say marys medicinals was going to stop production of transdermal patches? 

I

Stephen,

I was at my sickest point, completely unstable , taking temazapam at tolerance. Not knowing what the reason was for the he'll I was going thru.  I remember the gel comes on quick, relaxing the entire body.  But i would wait until you are stable before you try anything new.  That anxiety of trying new substances can hinder affects, I believe, if you have fear or are not psychologically ready.  But compared to the poison of benzos we have been investing for years, cbn, is a safe alternative.

So i need to ask again.  Did the dispensary say marys medicinals was going to stop production of transdermal patches? 

I

To be clear I'm looking at CBD gel not CBN. Should I be looking at CBN? And yes, this dispensary said they believed Mary's was discontinuing them. This is like 3rd hand information, though. You should contact them.

To be clear I'm looking at CBD gel not CBN. Should I be looking at CBN? And yes, this dispensary said they believed Mary's was discontinuing them. This is like 3rd hand information, though. You should contact them.

Ah HA! The Alphabet Police are slacking off!  :police: Confounded Cannabis Acronyms!  :muscle:

And what about the plain old typos? It’s a real test of brain power not to get confused here in Cannaland.  :idiot:

:laugh:;D:D

Ah HA! The Alphabet Police are slacking off!  :police: Confounded Cannabis Acronyms!  :muscle:

And what about the plain old typos? It’s a real test of brain power not to get confused here in Cannaland.  :idiot:

:laugh:;D:D

I'm not trying to play Alphabet Police myself, but it is pretty confusing here in Cannaland indeed. I assumed it was a typo, but I wasn't sure.

Oh. Sorry. Never tried that gel.

That's fine. I was just trying to clarify. Should I be considering CBN instead?

Stephen, if you can get a CBN gel pen, maybe you should. I have never used CBN during the day, but my functional medicine MD suggested that a smaller dose of it (i.e. 2mg) might be useful during the day if not too sedating. Then my whole state ran out of CBN products, so I never got a chance to try. I don't know if you suffer from that 'inner tremor' symptom that is so terribly draining,  :stretcher: but my doctor thought a small dose of daytime CBN might calm that.

I don't get that symptom very often any more, and usually I know what triggers it, but during my taper I had it ALL the time. It can't hurt to have one on hand, and you can experiment when you feel stronger.

And remember, with CBN (and CBG, CBC...) we're at the very beginning of serious explorations into the healing powers they might hold.

I believe CBD has more of a proven track record, but so far, CBN has proven more therapeutic for me. So I say if you can have one of each on hand - why not?  :thumbsup:

Stephen

If sleep is a major issue... CBN . I remember by  CBN(Nightime).

Sleep and nerve pain are the major issues. Anxiety is in there as well, but it's driven by those. When those get worse my anxiety cranks up.

OK, not to change the subject, but – In the name of research,  ::) I tried a little experiment on myself yesterday. A CBD experiment.

(I’m interested in CBD for it’s gut-healing properties; I have not found it helpful for anxiety, and I’m very lucky not to have the nerve pain that so many buddes experience) :

So, I’m still trying to learn my effective dose of CBD (i.e. no noticeable psychoactiviy) and I decided to push myself a little bit. I used a CBD tincture from a strain called Haley’s Hope, and it contains CBD and THC in a ratio of 3:1. I’ve taken 10mg doses with no ill effect, but yesterday I took 10mg, and followed it with a 15mg dose 45 minutes later. So I had a total of 25mg CBD and 8mg THC in my system, and it was uncomfortable. I got the pounding heart thing, and felt very jumpy. So, obviously, that was too much.

The uncomfortable feelings didn’t last very long – about 2 hours, and I ate a couple of oranges, because Vitamin C helps counteract the cannabinoids.

But there you have it, for me at least, 25mg CBD plus 8mg THC was too much for daytime use. A 3:1 ratio of CBD/THC is too high for me. Hope that serves as some sort of marker for others.