The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

[a4...]

Morning friends,

I've been up since 2:30 (OMG). This is crazy and I feel like crap. Yesterday, I had a window all afternoon. I am not on the computer late at night nor do I eat/drink food that stimulates me in the afternoon or evening. Yes Mana, this is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my 55 years including birthing 2 nine pound baby boys. Generally, I am feeling better most days and will continue my taper of reducing.001 everyday for as long as I can. I did a lot yesterday. I will be kinder to myself today.

Wishing everyone a decent day.

Gilster

Morning friends,

I've been up since 2:30 (OMG). This is crazy and I feel like crap. Yesterday, I had a window all afternoon. I am not on the computer late at night nor do I eat/drink food that stimulates me in the afternoon or evening. Yes Mana, this is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my 55 years including birthing 2 nine pound baby boys. Generally, I am feeling better most days and will continue my taper of reducing.001 everyday for as long as I can. I did a lot yesterday. I will be kinder to myself today.

Wishing everyone a decent day.

Gilster

Gilster, sorry your feeling like crud today but it`s typical to feel 90% and then crash like you did happens to me lots ! Be well and try and rest today ! ~~CD

Hi Gilster, I was awake at 2 as well. It happens! Treat yourself kindly. Maybe you can rest with your eyes closed later on in the day.

Hi CD. Hi ALL!

I'm going to do a lot of nothing today. With holiday traffic, there's no point in joining it. I'd rather feel like crap in the privacy of my home.

Bennie

Hi All what are cortisol surges?  Why do we get them?  What can be done to reduce them?

I'm just so....I don't know

TRY

Try, I just put up a link in the other post where  you asked about Cortisol  :)

Hi Buddies,

Just stopping by to send some extra love to my buddies at the end of their of their tapers.  Burned, off will feel no worse than on at this point - the only difference is being 100% off makes 100% healing possible.  We are all here to catch you.

Mana, I'd keep going at your pace if it's tolerable to you.  Drawing out the end is unnecessary, IMO.  Things get better quickly once off (for me and most) after a consistent taper.  You're all going to feel better than before this all happened - SOON! 

Try, please do not fear these sxs at the end.  Everything you're experiencing is sucky, but normal, and will resolve once off.  Remember underneath the sxs you are healthy and well in body/mind. 

To give you guys hope, at two months off, I am doing REALLY well, better than I ever thought possible.  I still get a few symptoms (broken sleep, some anxiety, ear stuff off and on) but I can easily move through them, b/c the pattern that so many before me testified rings true - each wave lessens in intensity, each window gets brighter, longer, and more beautiful.  Waves have been so subtle, I sometimes forget I'm in one. 

I saw a friend yesterday who is on 2mg Xanax (3 years use), and is in tolerance withdrawal.  She has extreme anxiety, burning spine, and her GI is so wrecked from benzos she now eats only pulverized/blended food.  Even with all of these side effects, and knowing what I've been through, she is not convinced she needs to taper.  So when you are feeling lousy, be very glad you are not in this woman's shoes -you guys walked through the fire already and full relief is in coming to you soon. Keep going buddies!

Love to all,

WR

Hi Buddies,

Just stopping by to send some extra love to my buddies at the end of their of their tapers.  Burned, off will feel no worse than on at this point - the only difference is being 100% off makes 100% healing possible.  We are all here to catch you.

Mana, I'd keep going at your pace if it's tolerable to you.  Drawing out the end is unnecessary, IMO.  Things get better quickly once off (for me and most) after a consistent taper.  You're all going to feel better than before this all happened - SOON! 

Try, please do not fear these sxs at the end.  Everything you're experiencing is sucky, but normal, and will resolve once off.  Remember underneath the sxs you are healthy and well in body/mind. 

To give you guys hope, at two months off, I am doing REALLY well, better than I ever thought possible.  I still get a few symptoms (broken sleep, some anxiety, ear stuff off and on) but I can easily move through them, b/c the pattern that so many before me testified rings true - each wave lessens in intensity, each window gets brighter, longer, and more beautiful.  Waves have been so subtle, I sometimes forget I'm in one. 

I saw a friend yesterday who is on 2mg Xanax (3 years use), and is in tolerance withdrawal.  She has extreme anxiety, burning spine, and her GI is so wrecked from benzos she now eats only pulverized/blended food.  Even with all of these side effects, and knowing what I've been through, she is not convinced she needs to taper.  So when you are feeling lousy, be very glad you are not in this woman's shoes -you guys walked through the fire already and full relief is in coming to you soon. Keep going buddies!

Love to all,

WR

WR, I just wanted to say hi to ya and send Huugs to (((( All )))) ~ CD

Hi Buddies,

Love to all,

WR

WR, I just wanted to say hi to ya and send Huugs to (((( All )))) ~ CD

Hi Pony Warrior!  HUGGS  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks, WR for that encouraging message!  I read it a few times and will read it again!  Reminders of the light at the end of the tunnel are a gift. 

Hi CD!  Huggs to you!

Mana, Try, Bennie, Gilster, Burned:  Good to see you guys.  Hoping for progress and peace for all of you!!

I'm in kinda new territory.  I had the longest stretch ever of lighter, clearer days.  7 days.  Mornings were tough, muscles were tight, and there was a migraine; but it was much better and very hopeful.  Then on Sunday at about noon the overwhelming anxiety and strong akathisia hit and remained until Monday at 10 am.  I think it felt worse because of the freedom I'd experienced.  I felt hopeless.  But it lifted at about 10 a.m. Monday.  Monday was a great day, although I was exhausted and muscles were sore.  I noticed a lot of my heavy thoughts and feelings were just GONE.  Now, Tuesday, I am back in the fight, trying to get through as my brain and body are pushing against a brick wall.

It seems like there is a bit of what I read yesterday here:  Rapid Cycling.  It is a real carnival ride.  I don't like carnivals or rides.  My jump day can't come too soon.  49 days seems like a long time when you are staring at the calendar, willing it to move.

I have had some breakthroughs in my cognitive and sensory side affects.  I am seeing and perceiving things differently.  I'm too tired to describe any of it right now.  I'm hanging onto hope and to what WR said.  We are indeed in a VERY good place even if we feel sick,  confused, exhausted, and anxious:  We are getting off the poison.  We are moving toward freedom even if we are currently feeling down. 

Hang on and keep going.

Hope from Nomo :smitten:

Good morning buddies!

WR, I was SO glad to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by and lending a strong hand  :smitten:

I am beyond happy that you are doing so well and that even with a few lingering sxs from time to time, they are receding and your health and sweet life are shining through.  :). Yes! I had already decided that I will continue at my current pace.  Only a few days here and there where it is bad enough to question whether I can keep it up.

Nomo, I never liked the rides either! So pleased that you had a nice long window.  And I get the feeling of disappointment when it closes and sxs return...we'll have to remember that the windows are what will be normal and more constant for us...not the crazy, out of control rides.

Tomorrow, I will be in the teens  :thumbsup:  Taking it slower than many here but .006 g every 10 days is working for me.  Nomo, you will speed past me...but others at our dose have taken much longer...I have to realize and re- realize that everyone looks for a pace they can handle...I think I've found mine.  After all this time, I am figuring out what I can and cannot do and acting/planning accordingly. 

Next month, we celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and are going away - driving distance - for three days to celebrate....low key but it should be beautiful.  Carmel Valley  :smitten:

Right after that we fly to the Northwest to see our little granddaughters, now 2 and 4.  Last night they called to FaceTime...made our day.  :smitten: 

I have chosen a slow taper so we don't miss these things....we are at point in life when we don't want to miss things...the taper will proceed...we are having another grandchild and his family here for Thanksgiving and my husband already said if it seems to be too much for me we can order the entire  dinner from Whole Foods!!! :D....I'd like to be able to manage it myself,  but we'll see.  My jump date is further out: the day after Christmas....so looking forward to ringing in a new year Klonopin free.

What a difficult journey -- made not only less so but richer in so many ways through the friendship and support I've gained here on BB.

Stay strong everyone and so will I... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mana

Good morning buddies!

WR, I was SO glad to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by and lending a strong hand  :smitten:

I am beyond happy that you are doing so well and that even with a few lingering sxs from time to time, they are receding and your health and sweet life are shining through.  :). Yes! I had already decided that I will continue at my current pace.  Only a few days here and there where it is bad enough to question whether I can keep it up.

Nomo, I never liked the rides either! So pleased that you had a nice long window.  And I get the feeling of disappointment when it closes and sxs return...we'll have to remember that the windows are what will be normal and more constant for us...not the crazy, out of control rides.

Tomorrow, I will be in the teens  :thumbsup:  Taking it slower than many here but .006 g every 10 days is working for me.  Nomo, you will speed past me...but others at our dose have taken much longer...I have to realize and re- realize that everyone looks for a pace they can handle...I think I've found mine.  After all this time, I am figuring out what I can and cannot do and acting/planning accordingly. 

Next month, we celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and are going away - driving distance - for three days to celebrate....low key but it should be beautiful.  Carmel Valley  :smitten:

Right after that we fly to the Northwest to see our little granddaughters, now 2 and 4.  Last night they called to FaceTime...made our day.  :smitten: 

I have chosen a slow taper so we don't miss these things....we are at point in life when we don't want to miss things...the taper will proceed...we are having another grandchild and his family here for Thanksgiving and my husband already said if it seems to be too much for me we can order the entire  dinner from Whole Foods!!! :D....I'd like to be able to manage it myself,  but we'll see.  My jump date is further out: the day after Christmas....so looking forward to ringing in a new year Klonopin free.

What a difficult journey -- made not only less so but richer in so many ways through the friendship and support I've gained here on BB.

Stay strong everyone and so will I... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mana

Hey, Nomo , good to see ya and :) @ My Mana wishing you a great  safe trip enjoy :) Me just taking a break as I been working on the Wood Stove as I am sure we will be burning Wood by the end of the month and will be so glad when this weather gets cooler but for sure will be whining when it gets below Zero ;) ~CD

Just dropping by to say << hi to everyone>> Having a high anxiety kind of day. I need to grocery shop but that seems like a tall order.

Nomo. Love your encouraging messages!

My Mana, love that you are finding your rhythm, and going away with your hubby.

WR, Whoo-hoo for you. Life is good, eh?

CD, get that stove ready. Soon you'll be talking about snow.

Gilster, I am sure you will intuitively know when to slow down your cuts, if other symptoms beside sleep become unmanageable.

Maya, hi out there...

Bstrong, hang tight

Burned, you off yet?

TRY, sometimes keeping the cuts coming alleviates symptoms. You are so close. Hang on.

One foot in front of the other,

Bennie

Just dropping by to say << hi to everyone>> Having a high anxiety kind of day. I need to grocery shop but that seems like a tall order.

Gilster, I am sure you will intuitively know when to slow down your cuts, if other symptoms beside sleep become unmanageable.

Maya, hi out there...

Bstrong, hang tight

Burned, you off yet?

TRY, sometimes keeping the cuts coming alleviates symptoms. You are so close. Hang on.

Bennie

Bennie,  My pills are not working, either the dose is to low for me to benefit or I'm paradoxical.  I've got tremors, organic fear, eyes burning, panic attacks, no appetite, slept 2 broken hours last night.  Seems like acute to me.  Holding isn't doing a thing.

How are you doing? 

TRY

Hi Buddies,

[/b]Try[/b], please do not fear these sxs at the end.  Everything you're experiencing is sucky, but normal, and will resolve once off.  Remember underneath the sxs you are healthy and well in body/mind. 

Love to all,

WR

WR, thanks for the encouragement.  It definitely sucks, and holding isn't accomplishing anything.

Hope that you are doing well!  Thinking of you.

TRY

Maya, hi out there...

Bstrong, hang tight

Burned, you off yet?

Bennie

Bennie,  My pills are not working, either the dose is to low for me to benefit or I'm paradoxical.  I've got tremors, organic fear, eyes burning, panic attacks, no appetite, slept 2 broken hours last night.  Seems like acute to me.  Holding isn't doing a thing.

How are you doing? 

TRY

TRY, IMHO HOLD ! you make think it`s doing nothing but it most likely is other option is to just get off the K if you think you can handle it ? Sometimes cuts catch up to us or like you said maybe the last bit is doing nothing and you are in acute !Either way do your best to stay together ! Most won`t agree with this last option ~ but what was the last dosage you felt better on ? Maybe go back to that if it has been only a week or so as this whole taper bit is about staying sane not pushing just to be benzo free! Bigg ~Huggs ~ CD PS: maybe this will give you a little chuckle I just spent 20 minutes looking for a darn glove I put down while cutting wood out back talk about crazy ;)

Maya, hi out there...

Bstrong, hang tight

Burned, you off yet?

Bennie

How are you doing? 

TRY

TRY, IMHO HOLD ! you make think it`s doing nothing but it most likely is other option is to just get off the K if you think you can handle it ? Sometimes cuts catch up to us or like you said maybe the last bit is doing nothing and you are in acute !Either way do your best to stay together ! Most won`t agree with this last option ~ but what was the last dosage you felt better on ? Maybe go back to that if it has been only a week or so as this whole taper bit is about staying sane not pushing just to be benzo free! Bigg ~Huggs ~ CD PS: maybe this will give you a little chuckle I just spent 20 minutes looking for a darn glove I put down while cutting wood out back talk about crazy ;)

CD, Once I hit .125mg the dosage has been less and less effective.  I dosed at 8:30am, it's 11am now.  Didn't do a thing.  I hear what you are saying.  You have a point!

TRY

How are you doing? 

TRY

TRY,

This is my understanding of what is happening, in non-scientific speak. If you were in tolerance, your current dose would become ineffective and an updose would make you feel better. Truth is, when tapering, tolerance is not an issue because the decision is made to purposefully take less than the clinically effective dose. Early on, that becomes painfully obvious with symptoms. So the aim is a taper rate where symptoms are tolerable as the body adjusts. Symptoms usually come after cuts with C&H, and when they settle in, its considered a wave. Symptoms will similarly come with MT when the little cuts catch up as dose is reduced; in that case the pattern of cuts is often spaced out but the rhythm goes on. this is important. Windows happen as a sign that the body is having improved functioning without the drug; then the window closes just because, or because a cut gets made. But then there comes a gray area when the dose is low and you feel bad no matter if you up-dose a little, hold or reduce. The drug is merely a placeholder, to facilitate slow exposure of down-regulated receptors instead of CTing. Youre right: it's not doing anything for you, and it hasn't in a long while. The drug cant even be paradoxical if it cant be taken at an effective dose; it's an irritant in that it still remains in your system. its your body fighting for normalcy that gives the symptoms. That may be equally reassuring albeit making you feel physically and psychologically bad.

There's no way out except through. That's the solution. If you can make smaller cuts toward the being off, over the next 60 days or so, you may find the inevitable relief sooner. Keeping traction with tapering becomes important, IMO, in the home stretch. You are in the home stretch. Like being in labor you cant stop pushing and make the pain stop, or shove the baby back in; it's here already and what you've been waiting for. I don't' know any other way than to keep going with the taper.

Considering you have compounded liquid, what is the planned percentage or mg amount that you will next cut to? Can you share that information? Can you keep traction with your taper and cut at least a little?

I feel for you.

Hug, Bennie

TRY, I am by no means the last word on your situation. Do what feels right, and count on your bravery to do the next indicated action. -- Bennie

TRY, I am by no means the last word on your situation. Do what feels right, and count on your bravery to do the next indicated action. -- Bennie

Bennie, I appreciate any information.  I take it as experienced insight.  Which I greatly appreciate. 

I have tried updosing, holding longer with no success.  This cut has been very challenging due to the low dose, and tremendous family stressors.  Plus, my expectations at this dose were not realistic.  It felt like I'm right back at point A, with elevated symptoms that I had not experienced before.  My coping skills were not prepared for this low dose level.  Never experienced so many psychological sxs at once. 

Thank you for always lending support to ALL of US! 

Maya, hi out there...

Bstrong, hang tight

Burned, you off yet?

Bennie

How are you doing? 

TRY

CD, you know I've been deep in the weeds.  I understand exactly where you are coming from.  I have tried updosing, which didn't help.  I've been holding approx. 18 days, which hasn't offered any relief.  I'm all for staying sane!  Having no experience in this journey, I welcome any words of wisdom.

Hugs,

TRY

Bennie, I appreciate any information.  I take it as experienced insight.  Which I greatly appreciate. 

I have tried updosing, holding longer with no success.  This cut has been very challenging due to the low dose, and tremendous family stressors.  Plus, my expectations at this dose were not realistic.  It felt like I'm right back at point A, with elevated symptoms that I had not experienced before.  My coping skills were not prepared for this low dose level.  Never experienced so many psychological sxs at once. 

Thank you for always lending support to ALL of US!

I kind of think that the DP/DR is the body's way of checking out from the stress of this.

Hi all,

WR:  thank-you so much for your post about hope and that things will be a lot better off these drugs!

Nomo:  you're doing a great job "moving towards freedom"!  Glad you had a nice window-more are coming for sure!

Mana:  glad you have found a good tapering pace.  I recently read where Baylissa Frederick said that..."we all deserve medals..." for doing this-totally agree.

CD:  glad your are getting ready for colder weather-leaves starting to turn here.  Hang in there!

Bennie:  hope the anxiety lets up for you soon.  Great post about what's happening-"no way out except through"...indeed

Try:  I haven't been able to hold and recover like I used to for the last couple of weeks.  Windows are few and far between.  I'm trying to push through and reduce anyways...not easy at all.  May try a short MT to .006mg over the next 4-6 days and then jump.  There won't be any K left in the syringe after that, (maybe even before).  Sending you lots of hugs  :smitten:

Hi all,

WR:  thank-you so much for your post about hope and that things will be a lot better off these drugs!

Nomo:  you're doing a great job "moving towards freedom"!  Glad you had a nice window-more are coming for sure!

Mana:  glad you have found a good tapering pace.  I recently read where Baylissa Frederick said that..."we all deserve medals..." for doing this-totally agree.

CD:  glad your are getting ready for colder weather-leaves starting to turn here.  Hang in there!

Bennie:  hope the anxiety lets up for you soon.  Great post about what's happening-"no way out except through"...indeed

Try:  I haven't been able to hold and recover like I used to for the last couple of weeks.  Windows are few and far between.  I'm trying to push through and reduce anyways...not easy at all.  May try a short MT to .006mg over the next 4-6 days and then jump.  There won't be any K left in the syringe after that, (maybe even before).  Sending you lots of hugs  :smitten:

Burned,

The lower doses change the game plan.  A different approach is needed for sure!  I miss that recovery cushion.  Higher doses have more play room.  You are making great progress!!  You'll be a Sept. Jumper!!!

TRY

TRY