Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Working while on Valium

[Md...]
Posted (edited)

Alright, my fellow benzo buddies. I am currently in the process of finding a job, but the sedation from Valium is something I never got used to. It clouds my ability to focus at times, and just makes me want to sleep. It's honestly more debilitating than any withdrawal symptom. 

I am currently tapering, but the sedation doesn't seem to want to lift.

Are there any tricks around this sedation? Caffiene? Kratom? Switching to a different benzo? 

Thanks

Edited by [Md...]

[PE...]

Oh not kratom it has a calming effect.

Many take caffeine with there benzos you might try :)

[Md...]
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Oh not kratom it has a calming effect.

Many take caffeine with there benzos you might try :)

Thank you. It seems like there are different forms of Kratom where some give you energy while some make you drowsy. I once took MIT 45 Kratom shots (which I think is a combination of different strains) and it was like the biggest energy boost and I could think clearly. That's why I was kinda thinking Kratom. I just don't like that it binds to your opioid receptors.

Caffiene may be the appropriate answer though. 

Thanks again. 

Edited by [Md...]

[PE...]

Yeah you're right! I only tried red.. and that was really calming..

It seems like a good drug with few side effects :)

yeah try with some coffee. Seems like the safest route.

• Like 1

[Tw...]
23 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah you're right! I only tried red.. and that was really calming..

It seems like a good drug with few side effects :)

yeah try with some coffee. Seems like the safest route.

I agree with @[PE...] and coffee is the safest route. Coffee has worked for me personally. 

• Like 1

[Md...]
5 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I agree with @[PE...] and coffee is the safest route. Coffee has worked for me personally. 

Thank you! Good to know! Do you suffer from benzo sedation as well then?

[Ko...]

@[Md...]hi-I am tapering valium and working. I am at 5.25 and headed down to 5 mg tomorrow. I am slowly feeling less sedated as I decrease but still have lack of energy and motivation. I always feel like I have been hit by a truck in the morning.

I was using caffeine when I was on the higher dosages but I read that its not recommended while tapering so have stopped.

• Like 2

[Md...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

@[Md...]hi-I am tapering valium and working. I am at 5.25 and headed down to 5 mg tomorrow. I am slowly feeling less sedated as I decrease but still have lack of energy and motivation. I always feel like I have been hit by a truck in the morning.

I was using caffeine when I was on the higher dosages but I read that its not recommended while tapering so have stopped.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm on a hefty dose (27mg). Did you also experience brain fog from the sedation? Sometimes I can't tell if it's withdrawals or the fx from Valium.

Glad to hear that some people can work while tapering.

Edited by [Md...]

[Ma...]

Caffeine can rev up your fragile CNS. Have you had bloodwork to check your vitamin levels, which can be depleted during this process?

B vitamins, especially B 12 can be helpful, along with D3 (which is actually a steroid) but usually not recommended unless you’re deficient. You could take B Complex though…

[Kr...]
5 hours ago, [[K...] said:

am slowly feeling less sedated as I decrease but still have lack of energy and motivation. I always feel like I have been hit by a truck in the morning.

Welcome to Valium wd. 
good job on tapering. Extreme fatigue common as you get lower and especially after you jump off.

[Ca...]

Actually for me it has been incredibly sedating since I started my taper at 40 mgs and has just continued as I have gone down. I never found it sedating when I was taking higher doses.

[Tw...]
1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

Caffeine can rev up your fragile CNS. Have you had bloodwork to check your vitamin levels, which can be depleted during this process?

B vitamins, especially B 12 can be helpful, along with D3 (which is actually a steroid) but usually not recommended unless you’re deficient. You could take B Complex though…

@[Ma...]Thank you for the advice on the vitamins which are helpful.I have been looking at boosting my nutrition during these withdrawals.

[Md...]
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Thanks for the feedback. My bloodwork always comes back normal. Ironically, B12 was revving me up, so I had to stop taking it. 

Edited by [Md...]

[Ko...]
15 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Welcome to Valium wd. 
good job on tapering. Extreme fatigue common as you get lower and especially after you jump off.

It has not been easy. I can't imagine the fatigue getting worse

[Ko...]
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Thanks for your feedback. I'm on a hefty dose (27mg). Did you also experience brain fog from the sedation? Sometimes I can't tell if it's withdrawals or the fx from Valium.

Glad to hear that some people can work while tapering.

It is getting more difficult as I go down due to constant fatigue and lack of motivation.  I feel overwhelmed by duties at home and work. I need to work and its so much pressure. 

Edited by [Ko...]

[jo...]

Yeah I'm worried about working as well. There are times in windows when I think I could probably manage ok, but in waves it would be an absolute nightmare. The concern is to take on a resposibility that you possibly can't fulfill. This can apply to all kinds of things. I'm even tentative about arranging to meet people socially etc in a few days time because your not sure how your going to be that day. I've said it before, the unceartinty is like a symptom all of it's own.

[Md...]
19 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

It is getting more difficult as I go down due to constant fatigue and lack of motivation.  I feel overwhelmed by duties at home and work. I need to work and its so much pressure. 

Sorry to hear this. I know you said you read that you're "not supposed to" consume caffeine while tapering, but have you tried it all lately?

I'm not recommending anything, but one thing I've learned from reading the countless posts on this forum is that everyone seems to respond differently to everything.

For example, I've read things like, "Eat a plant based diet." Something like that doesn't work for me, because I'm allergic to most vegetables, so something more meat based is ideal for my situation. There's also a lot of suppliments that people on here have both recommended and not recommended, so which is it?

We all have different genetics, chemistry, etc., which is why our healing journey is so unique to us, so I think a lot of blanket statements I read are pointless to me. 

For me, it's a, "Find what works for you" situation. 

I wish you the best of luck and know you'll eventually find relief from that pressure. We all will. 

• Like 1

[Ko...]

@[Md...] I used to to drink caffeine and it seemed to help get me going a bit. Then I read it may affect gaba receptors so I stopped it. I don't know. 

I just can't understand why I get more tired the more I decrease the valium. I was hoping that and the cognitive dulling would improve. I guess I am repeating myself...

[Md...]
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

@[Md...] I used to to drink caffeine and it seemed to help get me going a bit. Then I read it may affect gaba receptors so I stopped it. I don't know. 

I just can't understand why I get more tired the more I decrease the valium. I was hoping that and the cognitive dulling would improve. I guess I am repeating myself...

I personally found this video helpful. Maybe it will resonate for some.

Edited by [Md...]

[Ja...]

Hi mdfox1,..before I started tappering,I took every Valium with a coffee or 2,.I could relax but also think straight….at first that is,.like most find out on benzos you get rebound anxiety between doses,.the caffeine ramped that right up,.some folk in the comments are right coffee does help a first with Valium,..I’ve also recently read an article that coffee is a drug that counter acts Valium,.it totally makes sense in my experience 

[je...]
12 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Sorry to hear this. I know you said you read that you're "not supposed to" consume caffeine while tapering, but have you tried it all lately?

I'm not recommending anything, but one thing I've learned from reading the countless posts on this forum is that everyone seems to respond differently to everything.

For example, I've read things like, "Eat a plant based diet." Something like that doesn't work for me, because I'm allergic to most vegetables, so something more meat based is ideal for my situation. There's also a lot of suppliments that people on here have both recommended and not recommended, so which is it?

We all have different genetics, chemistry, etc., which is why our healing journey is so unique to us, so I think a lot of blanket statements I read are pointless to me. 

For me, it's a, "Find what works for you" situation. 

I wish you the best of luck and know you'll eventually find relief from that pressure. We all will. 

I agree with you on this and it's a very sensible approach. If I had to listen to every single statement that said don't consume xyz, I would be living on water alone. I think if there's something you'd like to try, it's wise to introduce in small quantities and see how you react. 

• Like 2

[Kr...]
On 08/05/2024 at 12:40, [[M...] said:

👍👍👍