The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I tried .1mg of C yesterday. It had no effect

With the upcoming Flight and week inanother State, I am now more concerned than ever.

I havnt flown in 23 years.

Too low a dose ?

With the upcoming Flight and week inanother State, I am now more concerned than ever.

Too low a dose ?

Have you read any of the Post Withdrawal stories Iam?  I think it would help you to talk with others that are either going through the same things, or have been through them.  What are the positives of your life right now?  I read this post that a person named Parker wrote, when I first got here in March.  We are in a battle that there is only one way out of and that's to "go through".  I say that because I've heard so many folks say it here on BB, and I believe it.  It's living life without benzos, and life just keeps on for us is we choose to live it and do amazing things like you have planned!  Your trip sounds wonderful to me and I have been in situation where I was sure I had a "monster" after me, and I was wide-awake  :'( but it was a lie.  Don't believe the lie, I doubt there's a person here that hasn't one time or another experienced fear.  We wouldn't be human if we didn't but we have the ability to fight it.  You have come so far, and it's almost like the "enemy" you've shoved out of your life is trying to weasel it's way back in, I have that same enemy and I have to tell it where to go when it threatens the progress I've made so far.  I imagine when I get near the end of my taper, I will have great fear, life without that prescription? OMG, how can I do this??  But I believe I can if I use the tools I've been given, mostly on this forum from other folks that have gone before me.

Hang in there Iamthird, take a look at this post so you understand, or maybe remember, what the benzos do to our brains ;)  Denise  :smitten::hug: We have to heal, and that takes time and it's different for everyone.  I believe we all just want to be free to heal:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.msg2977793#msg2977793

Too low a dose ?

Do not dabble in benzos again. That's my advice, iamthird.

Too low a dose ?

Do not dabble in benzos again. That's my advice, iamthird.

From someone who was on C for 10 years and walked off...to go back on again 4 years later and get snagged, and very badly at that, I have to agree with HFH.  Once I am off this drug, I will never touch a benzo again.

Hi iamthird, gosh, I hope you can find something else to take in place of benzos for your trip.  Gabapentin helps me with anxiety, but it doesn't help everyone.

I'm guessing you know that taking a benzo could take you all the way back to square one and starting your taper again, and it could be worse the second time.

If I think of anything else for anxiety, I'll post it here. 

Too low a dose ?

I have to tell you what happened to me.

I took K for I don't remember how long back in the late 1990's and early 2000's. I was fortunate and didn't have any withdrawals when they took me off of it. Fast forward to 2015. We were trying to buy a house and move, my husband was driving long distances for work everyday and winter was close on our heels. I started having rolling panic attacks. I ended up in the ER and they referred me back to my psychiatrist. She put me back on K. I took it not knowing anything about withdrawals or kindling. Right away I started having panic attacks if I went too long without taking it. That too long was only one day without it. She told me to take it daily because I needed to "prime the pump". I was actually having inter dose withdrawals and they didn't start too long after I went back on the meds. Within a week I think. I started trying to get off of the meds in March of 2016. I went right into some pretty bad withdrawals. I was fortunate and got a doctor who understood withdrawals and he let me go super slow because trying to even taper at 1% a month throws me into the weeds. He told me that it's easier for a person who has never gotten off the meds to taper off and with each time a person goes back on the taper will be harder the next time. I have been tapering since 2016 and have about three years left if all goes well.

There are things that can help with anxiety, supplements and old antihistamine medications. Things like Benadryl, L-glycine, inositol, vit c.  I would recommend talking to a nurse or doctor about alternatives to a benzo for your anxiety.

Hugs and healing,

T

Too low a dose ?

I have to tell you what happened to me.

I took K for I don't remember how long back in the late 1990's and early 2000's. I was fortunate and didn't have any withdrawals when they took me off of it. Fast forward to 2015. We were trying to buy a house and move, my husband was driving long distances for work everyday and winter was close on our heels. I started having rolling panic attacks. I ended up in the ER and they referred me back to my psychiatrist. She put me back on K. I took it not knowing anything about withdrawals or kindling. Right away I started having panic attacks if I went too long without taking it. That too long was only one day without it. She told me to take it daily because I needed to "prime the pump". I was actually having inter dose withdrawals and they didn't start too long after I went back on the meds. Within a week I think. I started trying to get off of the meds in March of 2016. I went right into some pretty bad withdrawals. I was fortunate and got a doctor who understood withdrawals and he let me go super slow because trying to even taper at 1% a month throws me into the weeds. He told me that it's easier for a person who has never gotten off the meds to taper off and with each time a person goes back on the taper will be harder the next time. I have been tapering since 2016 and have about three years left if all goes well.

There are things that can help with anxiety, supplements and old antihistamine medications. Things like Benadryl, L-glycine, inositol, vit c.  I would recommend talking to a nurse or doctor about alternatives to a benzo for your anxiety.

Hugs and healing,

T

I’m absolutely amazed your doctor understood kindling, you’re very fortunate.

• Like 1

I did the most idiotic thing. :o :o :o  About a week ago, I got up in the night with severe insomnia, and so tired of not sleeping, I cheated and took an extra .25 Klonopin (baaaad judgment in the night).  Honestly, I thought I could get away with it because I had in the distant past, but now I'm really paying for it. ::):-\ 

I'd love anyone's advice on whether you would updose or stick it out.

I did the most idiotic thing. :o :o :o  About a week ago, I got up in the night with severe insomnia, and so tired of not sleeping, I cheated and took an extra .25 Klonopin (baaaad judgment in the night).  Honestly, I thought I could get away with it because I had in the distant past, but now I'm really paying for it. ::):-\ 

My non-medical advice: stick it out. You don't want to lose that progress. And it was just one time. Surely your body will get back to where it was.

Also, gabapentin can have a nasty, nasty withdrawal as well, as it is a GABA analog. It's such an awful drug to have to deal with alongside a benzo. I'm sorry you're on it, or were on it, but glad it seemed to help you in some way.

My non-medical advice: stick it out. You don't want to lose that progress. And it was just one time. Surely your body will get back to where it was.

Also, gabapentin can have a nasty, nasty withdrawal as well, as it is a GABA analog. It's such an awful drug to have to deal with alongside a benzo. I'm sorry you're on it, or were on it, but glad it seemed to help you in some way.

hereforhelp, thank you so much for replying! :)  I'll take your advice, as I think it's the best thing, as painful as it is.  It's the potential akathisia that scares me or more nervous system damage.  But as for now, I'll stick it out.

You are right about gabapentin. It is a nasty withdrawal. I have tapered off of 200-300 mg daily, and it was long and hard.  Now I take it occasionally for sleep, but I won't let myself get addicted to it again.

Thanks again. :)