Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

My Mana,  thank you for reaching out to me during my struggle.  You are such a good frend.

As you all know I have been having a hard time, my pills apparently have no benzo in them.  I went to the ER because things were very scary, and was informed my pills had no benz in them. 

Explains things.

Hugs,

Theresa

Try, was it a compounding pharmacy error?  Ugh!  How long has it been going on?  Thinking of you, sending huge hugs. We're all here for you. Love, WR

(Hi CD! :mybuddy:  Stay cool today.  HUGGS.)

WR, will try and you stay cool also I have had enough of this heat ~ Huggs

My Mana,  thank you for reaching out to me during my struggle.  You are such a good frend.

As you all know I have been having a hard time, my pills apparently have no benzo in them.  I went to the ER because things were very scary, and was informed my pills had no benz in them. 

Explains things.

This does explain things! No Benzo for over two weeks, CT from one cut before .08 mg? Did they give you anything in ER? Oh my dear friend, I'm so sorry...  :'(

Bennie

Explains things.

Hugs,

Theresa

TRY,

Sounds like you have been through so much.  Did they test your blood/urine or did they take your pills to a lab? 

Thinking of you today.  :smitten:

Nomo 

Try,  Good grief-so sorry to hear that!!  Hope you can talk to your doctor or pharmacist and they can help you figure something out immediately.  Lots of hugs for you  :hug:

Try,

Most ER's cannot analyze medicines.  Do you mean that your urine tox screen came back negative for benzos?  If so, that could be due to such a low dose. They test for "clinically relevant doses."  They don't quantify; it is either positive or negative.  They are not accustomed to tapers that go as low as we do.

I hate to think of you feeling so stressed.

:smitten: Nomo. 

Forgive me if this doesn't make sense, been up all night.

KK Family, I have really been struggling throughout my taper.  Things got very very scary after the past 3 days of my being in a state of terror.  I kept saying something is in my head, and started hearing a voice telling me to harm myself.

Oddly,  I had mentioned to my dad that I don't think my pills have anything in them.  I went to the ER, and they offered me Ativan.  I said no, then they offered me K, which I was told I needed to take because I was screaming my head off and distruping the whole er.  I tried to have the cut to my current dose.  Didn't work, 30 mins into taking the K, I slowly calmed down.  The voice stopped my brain stopped hurting on the left side.  Which surprised me becaue I thought there was something like a tumor or something on the left side of the head.     

For the past 6 days I had struggled with terror, hear a voice in my head telling me unspeakable things, and this horrible pain in the left side of my head.  The urine test should have shown traces of benzo, since I had dosed less than four hours before going to the er.  Nothing.  I requested a CT of my head, and that came back all clear.

I've been using a compound pharmacy for two years, and have often felt something wasn't right with my pills.  Now, I know why. 

After, my screaming arrival in the ER.  I was so embarrased by my behavior.  I apologized to everyone. 

My poor parents have been so so wonderful, spent days worrying over me.  My mom's cancer has returned, I found out a few weeks ago and have been caring for.  My parents were so traumatized by my behavior. 

We are sending the pills to Uiv. Utah for testing and will await there results.

Explains why my taper has been such a bumpy road.

Hugs,

Try

KK Family, I have really been struggling throughout my taper.  Things got very very scary after the past 3 days of my being in a state of terror.  I kept saying something is in my head, and started hearing a voice telling me to harm myself.

Oddly,  I had mentioned to my dad that I don't think my pills have anything in them.  I went to the ER, and they offered me Ativan.  I said no, then they offered me K, which I was told I needed to take because I was screaming my head off and distruping the whole er.  I tried to have the cut to my current dose.  Didn't work, 30 mins into taking the K, I slowly calmed down.  The voice stopped my brain stopped hurting on the left side.  Which surprised me becaue I thought there was something like a tumor or something on the left side of the head.     

For the past 6 days I had struggled with terror, hear a voice in my head telling me unspeakable things, and this horrible pain in the left side of my head.  The urine test should have shown traces of benzo, since I had dosed less than four hours before going to the er.  Nothing.  I requested a CT of my head, and that came back all clear.

I've been using a compound pharmacy for two years, and have often felt something wasn't right with my pills.  Now, I know why. 

After, my screaming arrival in the ER.  I was so embarrased by my behavior.  I apologized to everyone. 

My poor parents have been so so wonderful, spent days worrying over me.  My mom's cancer has returned, I found out a few weeks ago and have been caring for.  My parents were so traumatized by my behavior. 

Hugs,

Try

TRY, I hope your feeling better and find a comfortable dose and get stable and can taper down without such a hard time ! Sorry about your Mom ! Get some rest ~Huggs CD PS: I was at the ER in the start of my taper had a head CT also so your not alone !

Try:  So very sorry you are going through so much right now! Hope they can figure out what's going on with your pills.  So sorry to hear about your Mom, too.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.  You are so strong!!! 

Hugs,

Try

TRY, I hope your feeling better and find a comfortable dose and get stable and can taper down without such a hard time ! Sorry about your Mom ! Get some rest ~Huggs CD PS: I was at the ER in the start of my taper had a head CT also so your not alone !

CD, I'm mad.  I'm busting my butt to focus on caring for my mom.  And, now this.  It's good to know what has been wrong.  Likely I have pills from the compound pharmacy from various stages in my taper.  I having those tested as well.

I'm wondering what other people may have the same issue, and not know it.  Suffering for no reason.

Thanks CD, how are you doing?

Try:  So very sorry you are going through so much right now! Hope they can figure out what's going on with your pills.  So sorry to hear about your Mom, too.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.  You are so strong!!!

Burned, much love to you my friend.  Thank you for your support.

Have a great day.

TRY

Try,

I'm so sorry you've been suffering to this extent.  Also very saddened to her of your Mom's cancer returning. Remember you are not alone.  We are all here to help hold you up.

All my love,

WR

TRY,

I'm so sorry that you've suffered this way! I'm so glad you didn't listen to the inner voice of self-harm. Im so glad you went to the ER. It's atrocious about the compounding pharmacy, sickening. My heart goes out to you, and for your parents.

Love and prayers of protection being sent your way.

Bennie

WR, Bennie,. Thank you.  Hopefully things will smooth out soon.  It's been a very very difficult time.  But, it will get better.

Wishing you both a beautiful weekend.

Try

Try,

I'll write here now, so you can answer in one place....Several of us suspected that a compounding pharmacy might have been the problem.  And we all were adamant that there was NO way you should have to suffer that much, that the amount of terror and now the rest of what you describe was going on is NOT a normal part of a careful taper, which of course you thought you were doing.

So, the question is, now what? Will you be able to get a Rx for either brand Klonopin or a good generic? (I use Actavis which has been bought by Teva I think...I have to request it at CVS and they order it for me and get it within a couple of days).  Hoping the ER gave you a supply or else wrote another Rx. 

Very sorry to read about your mom as well. 

What a time for you.

Yes, we are all here...caring and concerned.

Big hug and much love,

Mana  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Dear Try,

I'm so sorry that you are going through so much right now. I will pray for you and your mom when we have our prayer/meditation time tonight. I hope that it gets better for you very soon.

Wishing everyone a decent evening

Hugs,Gilster

Try,

So sorry my friend. I'm mad FOR YOU. It's hard enough as it is. I know anger doesn't help though as I feel that often, and then more anxiety. Prayers for peace and healing.

Hoping for brighter days for us all....

B strong

Try,

My Friend, I am very sorry you are having such a hard time, so sorry about your Mom. I hope you can get a Rx for a brand pill.

You are in my thoughts.

A big hug.

Try,

I'll write here now, so you can answer in one place....Several of us suspected that a compounding pharmacy might have been the problem.  And we all were adamant that there was NO way you should have to suffer that much, that the amount of terror and now the rest of what you describe was going on is NOT a normal part of a careful taper, which of course you thought you were doing.

So, the question is, now what? Will you be able to get a Rx for either brand Klonopin or a good generic? (I use Actavis which has been bought by Teva I think...I have to request it at CVS and they order it for me and get it within a couple of days).  Hoping the ER gave you a supply or else wrote another Rx. 

Very sorry to read about your mom as well. 

What a time for you.

Yes, we are all here...caring and concerned.

Big hug and much love,

Mana, [/b I have felt my taper has been nothing but problems. At times I questioned my pills but having never been through this process before, I dismissed my concerns as being weak.  It was odd because when I would read posts, I felt my symptoms felt more like those in a cold turkey.

The ER gave me pills until I can get back to my Pdoc.  I just hate the idea of losing my work to get to .08mg. 

Thank you for your friendship and genuine concern.  Means so much.

TRY

B, Clon, thank you or being so supportive, and reaching out to me with so much going on.  I know things will get better. 

Stay Encouraged-This too shall pass.

Hugs,

TRY

So, Try, when you say, "losing my work to get to .08mg", what did you mean exactly?  Be assured that nothing you have done was wasted.  Even if you were given a higher amount from the ER, you will be able to regain ground quickly.

What dosage did they give you?...maybe we can help.  Will you be able to see/talk to your pdoc this coming week?  I'd think it would be worth a phone call to his/her service tomorrow (Sunday) to let him/her know what happened over the weekend.  We have to be advocates for our own health.   

Just think of how incredibly strong you were to have gotten so far with weak (or worse) pills.  Most of us - and here I'm speaking for myself - couldn't have done it.

So, Try, when you say, "losing my work to get to .08mg", what did you mean exactly?  Be assured that nothing you have done was wasted.  Even if you were given a higher amount from the ER, you will be able to regain ground quickly.

What dosage did they give you?...maybe we can help.  Will you be able to see/talk to your pdoc this coming week?  I'd think it would be worth a phone call to his/her service tomorrow (Sunday) to let him/her know what happened over the weekend.  We have to be advocates for our own health.   

Just think of how incredibly strong you were to have gotten so far with weak (or worse) pills.  Most of us - and here I'm speaking for myself - couldn't have done it.

Hi Mana,

Yes, in the er the gave me klonopin I think it was 1 mg.  i got my scrip fillied from the er, for a 10 days supply. 

TRY

REMEMBER ~~~~~ Getting over’ withdrawal from Benzos is NOT like getting over the flu, where you feel a little bit better each day. It darts around in a totally unpredictable way. Don’t let this worry you – this really is the way it happens. ~ Huggs ~CD

Good morning, TRY,

I hope you feel much better today! Echoing My Mana, maybe we can help? Are you taking the entire 1 mg pill or a part of it? If you feel over medicated it is very possible you are taking far greater average dose than even the compounding pharmacy was giving you a few months ago. I hope you can take an estimated amount that will get you back on track. The taper was not wasted. Something hideous happened to you that was outside the realm of usual tapering experience.

Love  :smitten::therethere:

Bennie

Try:  really hope the klonopin the hospital gave you helps you til you can see your doctor.  I really admire your perseverance and strength through all this.  Will be thinking of you today.  Lots of hugs and support  :smitten :hug::smitten:

Afternoon friends,

I can't believe how different we can feel from day to day or hour to hour. Yesterday I felt pretty good with some underlying anxiety which is the case on most days.Today, I am slammed and riddled with anxiety and crying spells. My emotions are all over the board. This is so unpredictable.

Try, I hope that you are doing a little better.

Sincerely, Gilster