Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Can Do, thanks for the reply, was using a scale (gemini) but am now using a compounding pharmacist who makes up capsules for me.

You say as low as they can, would 0.01mg be a good point or is that too high?

W

Can Do, thanks for the reply, was using a scale (gemini) but am now using a compounding pharmacist who makes up capsules for me.

You say as low as they can, would 0.01mg be a good point or is that too high?

W

2 Trusting I have no idea how low 0.01 mgs would be but most of us who tapered using grams went down to .05 grams !

2 trusting, most take it down as low as they can. Not sure if your using a scale or not as most of us who dry cut k used a scale and mostly thru the mg equation out and doped in grams !

That is pretty funny to me, doped!

2trusting—

Many folks here have microtapered down to nothing. If I were doing a cut and hold taper, I wouldn't consider stopping at least until .031 mg. That is essentially 1/16 of a .50 mg pill. Some people aren't terribly symptomatic, and get through their cuts fairly easily. That was not me, which is why I did MT. So that's my input. Good luck with this.

I am not sure if CD meant that most went down to .05 mg—I went down to .005mg

Bennie

2 trusting, most take it down as low as they can. Not sure if your using a scale or not as most of us who dry cut k used a scale and mostly thru the mg equation out and doped in grams !

That is pretty funny to me, doped!

2trusting—

Many folks here have microtapered down to nothing. If I were doing a cut and hold taper, I wouldn't consider stopping at least until .031 mg. That is essentially 1/16 of a .50 mg pill. Some people aren't terribly symptomatic, and get through their cuts fairly easily. That was not me, which is why I did MT. So that's my input. Good luck with this.

I am not sure if CD meant that most went down to .05 mg—I went down to .005mg

Bennie

Hmmm Miss Bennie errr ! cut Pony Face a break would ya lol ! Yep I doped down to .008 grams but had valium as a cushion but then again I Doped from 4 mgs k ;) @ (((( EVERYONE )))) Huggs  ~ CD

Sorry but this gets confusing. :D No offence meant to anyone.

I am talking about going down to .01mg of klonopin or 1/50th of a .5 mg pill

I think this is equivalent to about .2mg of valium?

Everything was somewhat manageable before I switched to lorazepam.

Even since, my health has gone south. Paroxical reactions, already seriously kindled.

'everything acting on everything'

And forcing myself on diazepam ? Such a nasty drug, I'm sure I'd get problems with that.

As far as 'living normally' while tapering goes, that was a few years ago ...

I'm pretty much at rock bottom. You know what they say about hitting rock bottom and addiction ? That it will get better. It sure doesn't ... In a way it's an addiction since I take something that makes me sick. And tapering does not heal, in my experience it ravages my health ...

Also, very poor genetics for this kind of thing.

You know, with diazepam it went from feeling nothing to drunk to feeling unexpectedly sedated to .. chaotic experiences are more common these days.

OK, enough depressing stuff. If I have an already disfunctioning hormonal system, how would that get better by switching to diazepam ?  ???

In my situation it's not ust the drug.

Hi Buddies!!

Yesterday was hopeful and good after the morning angst.  THAT was nice.  Today is headache, anxiety, and feeling more blunted and dopey than I have since I first started topamax for migraines about 14 years ago.  (I tapered off that last fall in about 3 weeks.  I didn't have a clue what getting off the meds was gonna be back then!  Whoa!!)  Anyway.  I feel dopey.  I am guessing it must be a sign of healing. The way things are going, tomorrow will have brand new, utterly unrelated symptoms. 

Rapid cycling means healing.  Repeat that over and over until you come out of the tunnel!

LOVE to you guys, and HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!!!

Nomo :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi 2 Trusting,

Love your screen name....isn't that the truth?

And....I hope to be free in 2017 as well.

To your question:  Yes -- your math is right using the 20X formula which I think is pretty accurate.  As far as when would be a good time to jump?  It all depends, right?  And where have you heard that before... :D  .01 mg K = approx .003 grams....plenty low!  For example, I am doing cut/hold and plan (always an interesting concept - as in I planned to jump 3-4 months after beginning my taper....as it turns out, it will have been a full 2 years... :P)) to jump at .006 grams - so higher than you but at those doses pretty close.  So yes...your idea is great.  Glad that the compounding is working for you.  Amazing, isn't it, how quickly we can become "addicted" to K.....

Please do not hesitate to post here...no one is bored, tired or anything with sensible questions about careful tapers!!  Let us know how you are doing as you complete your taper and here's to a healthy and happy new year.....if a bit early!!  8)

Mana

NYC,

You're lucky that you started healing during your taper. It has been a constant that my health goes south as soon as I taper ...

Hi Liberty,

Perhaps it's lucky that I felt better on the way down, but really I don't think I'm the exception - many (most?) feel better as their dose is lowered, and at their healthiest once off.  IMO that's the point of tapering (healing on the way down).

I won't sugar coat it though - although my anxiety and depression and other symptoms got better, I had troubling things happen during my taper - hair falling out, fingernails turning yellow, GI issues, crushing fatigue  - BUT most of it resolved during my taper, by about .125mg.  By the time I was done I felt worlds better than before I started tapering. 

When my health anxiety was at it's worst, my acupuncturist would remind me that "healing can hurt", and that my body was learning how to work again on it's own, but reassured me that it was happening.  Having a partner in this can be really helpful, if acu is something you're interested in trying. 

All the best,

WR

NYC,

You're lucky that you started healing during your taper. It has been a constant that my health goes south as soon as I taper ...

Hi Liberty,

Perhaps it's lucky that I felt better on the way down, but really I don't think I'm the exception - many (most?) feel better as their dose is lowered, and at their healthiest once off.  IMO that's the point of tapering (healing on the way down).

I won't sugar coat it though - although my anxiety and depression and other symptoms got better, I had troubling things happen during my taper - hair falling out, fingernails turning yellow, GI issues, crushing fatigue  - BUT most of it resolved during my taper, by about .125mg.  By the time I was done I felt worlds better than before I started tapering. 

When my health anxiety was at it's worst, my acupuncturist would remind me that "healing can hurt", and that my body was learning how to work again on it's own, but reassured me that it was happening.  Having a partner in this can be really helpful, if acu is something you're interested in trying. 

All the best,

WR

THANKS for this post WR!!  I also had terrible health before my taper and it exploded into all sorts of troubles when I started my taper.  Stomach, joint, muscle, nerve pain.  For the first two months I could barely walk.  Migraine, hormone... all kinds of things.  As I just kept tapering things shifted and improved slowly.  It has been almost a year.  I will be finished very soon, and it keeps getting lighter and better.  I really had a hard time believing it could get better but it IS getting BETTER!!!

Hugs to all my dear Buddies!!

:smitten: Nomo

Morning all,

Just a quick post to wish everyone a good day and some nice windows.

I'm trying to hang on to the crazy symptoms rollercoaster and just when I think they can't get any faster...they do :o.  "Rapid cycling means healing, rapid cycling means healing..."  Thank-you for posting that Nomo!  Needed to remember that.

Hugs to all  :smitten:

NYC,

Hi Liberty,

All the best,

WR

THANKS for this post WR!!  I also had terrible health before my taper and it exploded into all sorts of troubles when I started my taper.  Stomach, joint, muscle, nerve pain.  For the first two months I could barely walk.  Migraine, hormone... all kinds of things.  As I just kept tapering things shifted and improved slowly.  It has been almost a year.  I will be finished very soon, and it keeps getting lighter and better.  I really had a hard time believing it could get better but it IS getting BETTER!!!

Whoot Whoot, Nomo and WR!!

:highfive:

Liberty,

Some things may feel worse in the process of tapering, and new symptoms may come along—BUT that's the hallmark of tapering. That's the shift that happens during healing. Your mind/body is working toward homeostasis. In hindsight, being off 8 months and still recovering, I can say 'Expect the unexpected—and Expect recovery to take a foothold in the process'. I've only read of ONE BB that wasn't sure if they had a window during tapering, but they stuck with it, going slow. I hope you will!

Bennie

Morning all,

I'm trying to hand on to the crazy symptoms rollercoaster and just when I think they can't get any faster...they do :o.  "Rapid cycling means healing, rapid cycling means healing..."  Thank-you for posting that Nomo!  Needed to remember that.

Burned,

You may feel better if you let go of the .008 mg. I'll dare to say it's nothing but a psychological safety bar in the roller coaster bucket you are sitting in. The ride has stopped. You can step off now! Hop off and the rapid cycling will eventually ease up. Trust.

:smitten:

Bennie

NYC,

Hi Liberty,

All the best,

WR

Nomo,  so happy you are 'feeling the healing' - it just gets better and better from here on out. :smitten:

Burned, things will ease up after you jump - this is certain. I've got my party hat on, ready to celebrate!  :smitten:

Hi Bennie!  :smitten:

HUGGS to all,

WR

Morning all,

I'm trying to hang on to the crazy symptoms rollercoaster and just when I think they can't get any faster...they do :o.  "Rapid cycling means healing, rapid cycling means healing..."  Thank-you for posting that Nomo!  Needed to remember that.

Burned, got you on the rapid cycling lots better then days of waves with a window here or there ! Nomo your sounding good :) WR, I know you just love different meds but being I played guinea pig taking antibiotics and steroids it should give you comfort in know I am still ok ( I think ) ? Bennie your sounding Dope this morning so I guess all is good ? Everyone else I send Healing ~Huggs ~ CD

Good to hear PW!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Morning all,

Burned, got you on the rapid cycling lots better then days of waves with a window here or there ! Nomo your sounding good :) WR, I know you just love different meds but being I played guinea pig taking antibiotics and steroids it should give you comfort in know I am still ok ( I think ) ? Bennie your sounding Dope this morning so I guess all is good ? Everyone else I send Healing ~Huggs ~ CD

Good to hear PW!  :thumbsup::smitten:

I'm Dope as can be.  ;)

Bennie and WR:  Thanks!  Getting all my ducks in line with the CBD oil schedule so it can take the place of K after I step off.  Wow, hard to believe the ride has stopped...so excited (and nervous), to kick klonopin to the curb.  Very soon indeed!

CD:  hope you have a good day!

My muscles being ravaged as a I taper - that sure can't be a sign of healing, can it ?

Before my first taper I was muscular. I had to give up hard core exercise. After everything that has happened, I'm almost frail. tapering=rapid loss of muscle mass, that's a constant.

I keep thinking about different approaches. A different benzo with a long duration of action, or an extended release formulation of oxazepam ... but we've been there before.

Bets,

How did you fight with the psychiatrist go ?

Hi  Buddies,

I wanted to give you hope that things do get better. I am feeling better in the past few weeks for the most part. I've had some days where I'm in the weeds for part of the day. Today I went to a theme park (Busch Gardens). The heat was brutal ,but I kept wetting my face, back and neck and pushed on. I had fun feeding birds, going to shows, rode the Congo River Rapids laughing and enjoyed the company of my friend and her daughter. It was a great day and gave me a glimpse of the old me. I'm so grateful that God is pulling me through this taper pretty well. My muscles are very tight. My bones are popping, but my energy is coming back. I am finding that the busier that I stay, the better I do. I can't stay at home by myself for any length of time. It is so strange because I have talked to several people and they have the same aversion to being at home alone as well. Today , I'm at .28. I pray that I continue to do as well. I know that there will be many more waves ,but I'm enjoying all of the big windows that I'm getting.

I hope that all of my buddies-CD, Bennie, Nomo, WR, Burned, Maya, Mana, Liberty, Try, Coyote, BeStrong, 2Trusting, and anyone that I haven't named has a good weekend.

Warmly,

Gilster

Hi  Buddies,

I wanted to give you hope that things do get better. I am feeling better in the past few weeks for the most part. I've had some days where I'm in the weeds for part of the day. Today I went to a theme park (Busch Gardens). The heat was brutal ,but I kept wetting my face, back and neck and pushed on. I had fun feeding birds, going to shows, rode the Congo River Rapids laughing and enjoyed the company of my friend and her daughter. It was a great day and gave me a glimpse of the old me. I'm so grateful that God is pulling me through this taper pretty well. My muscles are very tight. My bones are popping, but my energy is coming back. I am finding that the busier that I stay, the better I do. I can't stay at home by myself for any length of time. It is so strange because I have talked to several people and they have the same aversion to being at home alone as well. Today , I'm at .28. I pray that I continue to do as well. I know that there will be many more waves ,but I'm enjoying all of the big windows that I'm getting.

I hope that all of my buddies-CD, Bennie, Nomo, WR, Burned, Maya, Mana, Liberty, Try, Coyote, BeStrong, 2Trusting, and anyone that I haven't named has a good weekend.

Warmly,

Gilster

Gilster,

Happy for you. Sounds like a great day....Prayers for more.

B strong

Gilster,  sounds like a wonderful day!  You have a great attitude about it all right now...

Try...always here for you  :smitten:

Burned..so glad to hear you are ready to kick it!  :thumbsup:

CD, Bennie and WR...    :smitten:

Bstrong,  you always seem to be around to cheer others on.. :smitten:

Wishing everyone a peaceful night  :sleepy:

Mana  :smitten:

My Mana,  thank you for reaching out to me during my struggle.  You are such a good frend.

As you all know I have been having a hard time, my pills apparently have no benzo in them.  I went to the ER because things were very scary, and was informed my pills had no benz in them. 

Explains things.

Hugs,

Theresa

My Mana,  thank you for reaching out to me during my struggle.  You are such a good frend.

As you all know I have been having a hard time, my pills apparently have no benzo in them.  I went to the ER because things were very scary, and was informed my pills had no benz in them. 

Explains things.

Hugs,

Theresa

Try, nothing in them ? So what`s your options now and very sorry your going thru this ! Keep the faith things will come around for the better !  ~ CD

Explains things.

Hugs,

Theresa

Try, was it a compounding pharmacy error?  Ugh!  How long has it been going on?  Thinking of you, sending huge hugs. We're all here for you. Love, WR

(Hi CD! :mybuddy:  Stay cool today.  HUGGS.)