The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi All,

I tried tapering off of Klonopin from 4 mg (upped from 2 mg 5 months before) to 3.75 mg. After about 3-4 days, my joints swelled up, I got a fever, sore throat, and assorted horrible symptoms. I was on 2 mg but developed tolerance. I'm despairing..this thing's made me lose my immunity, sanity and everything else. Anyone experienced symptoms with this kinda taper?

I've not heard of a fever as a withdrawal symptom, is something else going on?

Hi All,

I tried tapering off of Klonopin from 4 mg (upped from 2 mg 5 months before) to 3.75 mg. After about 3-4 days, my joints swelled up, I got a fever, sore throat, and assorted horrible symptoms. I was on 2 mg but developed tolerance. I'm despairing..this thing's made me lose my immunity, sanity and everything else. Anyone experienced symptoms with this kinda taper?

I've not heard of a fever as a withdrawal symptom, is something else going on?

It could either be the sore throat, or the past 3 months I've been holed inside the house is taking a toll on me? Seriously didn't even throw the trash out...I just leave it in front of the garage door.

Hi All,

Did you go from 4 straight on down to 3.75 mg? If so, that's a lot in one cut. I do hope you're feeling better as of now. :)

Jeff

Hi All,

I've had what I call the benzo flu at times when i have cut. Achy, swollen lymph glands, exhaustion.  It eventually passes.  I have thought that it's my body trying to release the medication I have just cut. 

I'm hoping you are feeling better.

I'm currently dealing with an injured shoulder or frozen shoulder. All benzo related.

Hi All,

I've had what I call the benzo flu at times when i have cut. Achy, swollen lymph glands, exhaustion.  It eventually passes.  I have thought that it's my body trying to release the medication I have just cut. 

I'm hoping you are feeling better.

I'm currently dealing with an injured shoulder or frozen shoulder. All benzo related.

Final, if it ain't one thing it's six or seven others, huh? Bless ya!

Jeff

I am two months and some weeks off.I started on amitriptyline for depression only used it for 3 weeks but gave me really bad side effects that the last use I took a rescue pill of clonazepam 2mg and switched to prozac which induced anxiety but was a bit tolerable.Now I honestly was given more rescue 1mg clonazepam that's three times in a 2 weeks.To say I have taken 5 rescue doses.2 of 2mg and 3 of 1mg.I start to feel unstable in the withdrawal as symptoms increase every 3 days from when I take the rescue dose.The question here is should I taper again and if so how and what dose should I start from.??

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing alright! I was on 0.5 clonazepam . .25 mg twice a day . I cut .125 at a time . I wait usually about a week between each cut. It's been 5 days since I cut from .25 to .125 and I feel terrible. My anxiety and OCD  is through the roof and my body feels so hot is this normal it will pass right?

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing alright! I was on 0.5 clonazepam . .25 mg twice a day . I cut .125 at a time . I wait usually about a week between each cut. It's been 5 days since I cut from .25 to .125 and I feel terrible. My anxiety and OCD  is through the roof and my body feels so hot is this normal it will pass right?

Holy cow!! From .25mg to .125mg?? That's a 50% cut! Did you really expect to do a 50% cut and not experience some tough side effects? Might want to consider a much smaller cut (especially at these lower doses), see how you respond, then increase/decrease future cuts based on what happens. Maybe you can do a big cut in the future, but right now I'd say your body isn't happy with what just happened. There's no rush really. Take as long as you need and then walk off at the end rather than taking a big jump. You'll land in the same spot either way. Just get there in a calmer and healthier way. You can do it :)

Jeff

It's because I'm not comfortable with microtapering . I'm not working so I figured I could just do quarter cuts from .5 mg the first two cuts I was ok . And I figured it's a small dose so 50% wouldn't be too bad off .25 boy was I wrong lol

Thanks for the support, guys. Finally figured out what was causing my fever and joint swellings. My doctor suggested it could be arthritic in nature, or some severe allergy. I got a script for antibiotics and that cleared the boogers from my lungs. Oh, and I also got a Covid test done (ordered a home test) and luckily negative.

Earlier in the evening, I had the mother of all panic attacks. I felt like jello, and felt like I'd pass out. My breathing became shallow and I was light headed. Rushed to the bathroom and held on to the railings we had in there (had them fitted for my old grandmother when she was alive), and took 5.5 mg of Klonopin. It calmed me down in some time, but lowered the heart rate. The taper from 4 mg to 3.75 mg was initially seamless, never realized it'd turn this rough this soon.

What is the ideal way to taper from 4 mg to zero, is it even possible..I'm despairing :-(  Please help me on my journey, and sorry for rambling on.

Lotsa love,

Ash

anyone had severe vertigo had to sleep sitting up, lay on my side causes room spinning very fast :'(

bounty, that sounds like Positional Vertigo.  Go on Google, read about it and is you think it matches, there are lots of YouTube videos on how you can fix it on your own.  You will be able to tell when you read up on it.  It could be a different kind, you will know.  I have it and the exercise they give you has always cleared it up for me.  Good luck 🍀🍀

anyone had severe vertigo had to sleep sitting up, lay on my side causes room spinning very fast :'(

bounty, that sounds like Positional Vertigo.  Go on Google, read about it and is you think it matches, there are lots of YouTube videos on how you can fix it on your own.  You will be able to tell when you read up on it.  It could be a different kind, you will know.  I have it and the exercise they give you has always cleared it up for me.  Good luck 🍀🍀

I never had this before so it must be connected to bws,  yes it sounds like bppv ... but it was so scary I woke me up trying to turn over,  then i couldnt sleep like 7-8 am its was traumatizing

I never had this before so it must be connected to bws,  yes it sounds like bppv ... but it was so scary I woke me up trying to turn over,  then i couldnt sleep like 7-8 am its was traumatizing

It scared me too, but mine started before benzo's.  Mine started from strong migraines.  But a lot of people on benzo's also develop it.  But it's nice you can fix it yourself.    ;)

I tried last night when it happened again more intense ... someone sent me a video i was so nauseous I stopped the exercise, do you do them before bed or when its happening, also losing my appetite bc Im nauseous  :-\ I have other videos  I will try but apparently you get nauseous doing them,  this is such a nightmare  ... I hate that feeling like throwing up its debilitating....  sorry I feel so bad, every  2 weeks  or month a new nightmare appears...

I tried last night when it happened again more intense ... someone sent me a video i was so nauseous I stopped the exercise, do you do them before bed or when its happening, also losing my appetite bc Im nauseous  :-\ I have other videos  I will try but apparently you get nauseous doing them,  this is such a nightmare  ... I hate that feeling like throwing up its debilitating....  sorry I feel so bad, every  2 weeks  or month a new nightmare appears...

I never got nauseous, but you may just be having more symptoms.  I'm sorry.  When it starts, as you lay your head back, do your eye lids flutter?

I am two months and some weeks off.I started on amitriptyline for depression only used it for 3 weeks but gave me really bad side effects that the last use I took a rescue pill of clonazepam 2mg and switched to prozac which induced anxiety but was a bit tolerable.Now I honestly was given more rescue 1mg clonazepam that's three times in a 2 weeks.To say I have taken 5 rescue doses.2 of 2mg and 3 of 1mg.I start to feel unstable in the withdrawal as symptoms increase every 3 days from when I take the rescue dose.The question here is should I taper again and if so how and what dose should I start from.??

I would not taper again. Just don't take any more rescue doses. The anxiety should eventually fade.

Is Gabapentin a good way to quit Klonopin for good? I think watching and reading too much of Corona news could have made me panic like  a leaf shivering in fall. For starters, gotta stop my daily newspaper.

Hello, ash9.  Cutting back on your news consumption sounds like an excellent strategy.  Re: your question about gabapentin ... I have no personal experience with taking gabapentin during withdrawal.  However, many members past and present do. Have you tried using the Search function to find relevant posts and threads?  You also might want to ask your question on the Other Medications board at:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=60.0

Is Gabapentin a good way to quit Klonopin for good? I think watching and reading too much of Corona news could have made me panic like  a leaf shivering in fall. For starters, gotta stop my daily newspaper.

Be careful. Adding anything to the mix can really muddy the waters. Gabapentin isn't friendly stuff. Heck, there's even a Gabapentin tapering group on this site! You probably don't need to be tapering anything else. I was advised to minimize as much as I could and not add other meds to the journey. I was also told not to add any other supplements either because you never know how they'll affect you in conjunction with everything else you're taking. Less is more. Still, I tried every supplement out there, like a fool. Not good. We all have different roads to travel, but make yours as smooth as you can!

To your successful steps!

Jeff

I never got nauseous, but you may just be having more symptoms.  I'm sorry.  When it starts, as you lay your head back, do your eye lids flutter?

I ended up going to the Dr. he did the manuvour  and it helped! , still have lingering dizzy, vertigo but not  the spinning

I'm down to 0.125mg since 5 days ago, and feeling ok considering the current circumstances. I don't know what to do next, though.

bonty, I have had vertigo before (not related to this taper), and found that walking helped a lot.

Sorry for the second post.

I'm having a hard time deciding how to step down going forward. This past week I'm having a hard time making any decisions at all. From now on I'll have to use a liquid solution (my vodka homebrew mix). I'm feeling sort of paralyzed with deciding what increment to make my steps.

Just wanted to encourage everyone who's tapering. All of my most horrible withdrawal symptoms are things that I can't even remember now. It won't be like this forever, and you can do it!

Me again, I'm having trouble forming a coherent post. In 3 days I'm going to plan to go down a step. I'm not sure if it will be 0.10 or 0.08. I do know that the troubles I'm having now in my life are not really benzo-related. There are other things going on.

In general my brain is working way better on an emotional plane that during my high benzo use. I'm really lucky that I've been able to forget the bad withdrawal symptoms (I don't even really recall them), and every time I've had a rough night where I wake up, I've been able to get through the next day. Every time! The main thing keeping me from taking the next step down is that I think it's convenient to take a solid pill form, 1/4 of a pill for 0.125mg, but I've gotten pretty comfortable making my homebrew.

Mainly it feels unreal that I've gotten so far and yet am not at a jump-able dose! When I started taking Klonopin, I had no idea how strong it was!

Hope everyone is hanging in there.

I would say to do the smaller reduction rather than the larger. No harm in going slow particularly at these lower doses and with K, where what seems like small cuts are actually very large. Good luck!