Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I feel sick and can’t stop C or start taper of

1 mg clonazapam. I’m under stress

And I don’t want to lose the sleep I get.

A long taper seem too hard. Dr against

any crossover. I take 1 mg cloz per day .

Would that really make me this sick ?

I also been using melatonin at night

Up to 4 mg of that. Was gonna quit

but last night didn’t feel sleepy

and just downed the melatonin .

Nighttime I have low willpower and just want sleep.

Healthyme:

I am sorry you aren't feeling well. It isn't about willpower ... we all want to sleep.

There are other natural remedies that might help you with sleep .... magnesium, l-theanine, some herbal teas like lemon balm, valerian, chamomile.

Do you see a therapist? I am wondering if that might help. Your signature says that your mom died about a year ago, I know I was slammed and a complete mess about six months after my dad died. I began to talk to someone and it did help.

I also think all of the virus stuff on the news all the time is not helping anyone's anxiety. Hope you feel better soon.

Have you taken chamomile during your taper? I have used theanine wirh previous med tapers but hasn't been too effective for me with benzos.  I wasnt sure about chamomile tea or capsules. 

FH: I am still holding but yes have used chamomile tea sometimes. Bob 7 also has used I think an extract to help with sleep. Sorry you are having so many issues with your eyes. Hope it clears soon.

Final Healing - I must have not been clear with my last post - boil the water so it is sterile and then let it cool so you can put in on your eye with a clean cotton ball or pad.  The water should still be hot since this is what draws out the 'gunk'.  I do it a few times a day. 

I hope this clears it up for you and that your eye starts feeling better.

Final Healing - I must have not been clear with my last post - boil the water so it is sterile and then let it cool so you can put in on your eye with a clean cotton ball or pad.  The water should still be hot since this is what draws out the 'gunk'.  I do it a few times a day. 

I hope this clears it up for you and that your eye starts feeling better.

Thanks KGirl, that's actually what I've been doing. 

Hey everyone I currently have .5 mg tablets but next refill my pharmacist said I could get .25 will this make the process easier. Can I cut the .25 into quarters?

Thanks in advance

Hey everyone I currently have .5 mg tablets but next refill my pharmacist said I could get .25 will this make the process easier. Can I cut the .25 into quarters?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure since I haven't done any kind of dry cut since I was at 6mg/day K and just beginning my taper. I do know that liquid micro tapering is great for the doses as you get lower. I'm sure a dry cutter will chime in here shortly for you. I stuck with the liquid tapering since it is/was so user friendly and getting consistent doses was very easy. Good luck and have a positive day!

Jeff

Thanks in advance

How are you cutting your pills?  I shave down my pills using a nail file and then use two scales to be as accurate as possible. 

Many times, .25mgs polls are orally disintegrating pills and are on the soft side making cuts a little harder in my opinion.  What dosage are you at now?

Also, will the .25mg pills be the same brand as you have been using? Making a brand change can also cause a ripple in your symtoms. 

Im on .5 daily .half in the morning half at night . Not sure if the brand's will be the same so overwhelmed with this lol . Would it be possible to cut the .25 in quarters?

Im on .5 daily .half in the morning half at night . Not sure if the brand's will be the same so overwhelmed with this lol . Would it be possible to cut the .25 in quarters?

I'm not sure with the oral dissolving pills but maybe you can ask the pharmacist what the consistency of the pills is?  The orally dissolving ones are in the softer side and maybe a little more crumbly.  Were you thinking of cutting by .125mgs per cut?

You can do this, just take it step by step. 

When I was tapering eons ago I was told not to cut up the orally dissolving pills, I have no idea why. I used my .5 mg pills all the way down doing what Final is doing. The liquid for some reason never agreed with me, again who knows why. If it did that would have been the easiest thing to do and you don't have to liquify your entire dose until you are the end. 

If you go to the tapering board  someone there will help you once you decide how you wish to taper, liquid or pills. 

For what it’s worth, I’ve read about three members who have used/are using the clonazepam ODTs to reduce their dose via “dry” methods:

Osu2001

Lets be brave

Wavesontheshore

Well I was gonna taper .125 at a time but when I found out there is .25 tablets available I would like to cut those in quarters to reduce .0625 at a time

Well I was gonna taper .125 at a time but when I found out there is .25 tablets available I would like to cut those in quarters to reduce .0625 at a time

Okay, just was checking to see if your cuts were small enough so that you didn't though youe body into uneccessary stress. Don't know how long you have been on your medication either. 

Sounds like the .25s odt can be cut so that's good to know.

Thanks in advance

How are you cutting your pills?  I shave down my pills using a nail file and then use two scales to be as accurate as possible. 

Many times, .25mgs polls are orally disintegrating pills and are on the soft side making cuts a little harder in my opinion.  What dosage are you at now?

Also, will the .25mg pills be the same brand as you have been using? Making a brand change can also cause a ripple in your symtoms.

So true! (changing brands...learned that the hard way)

I hope my pharmacy uses the same brands for the different tablets

Good to check with them.  And if they don't and the brand change conerns you, you can taper down with the .5mgs using a scale and shaving, crushing or cutting their pills. 

Hi, hope everyone is hanging in there.

I'm down to 0.25mg now, and feeling really stable. I'm really thankful for that. I tried having a quarter (!) of a serving of alcohol last week, and it made me anxious. I had this same amount on New Year's Eve and didn't have any problems.

The anxiety I'd been having was partly social anxiety and I've been working on that, and feel better.

I wish everyone well during this terrible time.

Hi, hope everyone is hanging in there.

I'm down to 0.25mg now, and feeling really stable. I'm really thankful for that. I tried having a quarter (!) of a serving of alcohol last week, and it made me anxious. I had this same amount on New Year's Eve and didn't have any problems.

The anxiety I'd been having was partly social anxiety and I've been working on that, and feel better.

I wish everyone well during this terrible time.

So glad to hear you are feeling stable and made it through the alcohol wobble. 

I'm curious if you have felt better and more stable, the lower you have gotten on the medication?  I have had some windows but just came out of an terrible wave.  Hoping things get better as I get lower. 

Sometime around January I decided to "give up" on the idea of finishing my taper by the end of the spring, giving myself the whole summer instead. It was a big relief to not have a "deadline", and I felt relieved immediately. This is all arbitrary anyway. I think there's a real fear of "poisoning" yourself by being on a benzo, and of course a desire to get off as soon as one reasonably can. But I just didn't feel like I could stick to a schedule. (I know this is repeated a lot on here and I knew that in my head, but it's another thing to go through the experience.)

So for the past month at least, I've been feeling really strong mentally. I don't worry about sleep. Some nights are better than others, but it doesn't seem to affect me that much when you really look at it. It was the worrying that was making me sick! I gave up on worrying.

It could also be that I'm having an easier time now because I'm drying out with regards to alcohol. I drank not at all during the first 5 or so years of my daily benzo use. Then I started drinking and I updosed in the fall of 2018, and had a drink every day (which is a lot for me) until I started my taper. Another factor is that my taper got off to a really rocky start. The first week I cut from 1.25mg to only 0.5 and thought I could handle that. Went back up to 1mg after that week and having read online about tapering. When I finally did start tapering slowly, it was rough.

One more thing about starting a taper is there's a lot of second-guessing and self-doubt. As you go on, confidence starts to come back and it gets easier.

Mainly I feel almost completely normal at this point. My REM sleep is more like what it should be for a human. And I'm trying to not be hard on myself in general. I miss drinking, but I don't miss being on 1.25mg Klonopin. Today I feel great, and I think there's every reason to believe that it will get better for anyone who's tapering.

Sometime around January I decided to "give up" on the idea of finishing my taper by the end of the spring, giving myself the whole summer instead. It was a big relief to not have a "deadline", and I felt relieved immediately. This is all arbitrary anyway. I think there's a real fear of "poisoning" yourself by being on a benzo, and of course a desire to get off as soon as one reasonably can. But I just didn't feel like I could stick to a schedule. (I know this is repeated a lot on here and I knew that in my head, but it's another thing to go through the experience.)

So for the past month at least, I've been feeling really strong mentally. I don't worry about sleep. Some nights are better than others, but it doesn't seem to affect me that much when you really look at it. It was the worrying that was making me sick! I gave up on worrying.

It could also be that I'm having an easier time now because I'm drying out with regards to alcohol. I drank not at all during the first 5 or so years of my daily benzo use. Then I started drinking and I updosed in the fall of 2018, and had a drink every day (which is a lot for me) until I started my taper. Another factor is that my taper got off to a really rocky start. The first week I cut from 1.25mg to only 0.5 and thought I could handle that. Went back up to 1mg after that week and having read online about tapering. When I finally did start tapering slowly, it was rough.

One more thing about starting a taper is there's a lot of second-guessing and self-doubt. As you go on, confidence starts to come back and it gets easier.

Mainly I feel almost completely normal at this point. My REM sleep is more like what it should be for a human. And I'm trying to not be hard on myself in general. I miss drinking, but I don't miss being on 1.25mg Klonopin. Today I feel great, and I think there's every reason to believe that it will get better for anyone who's tapering.

So good to hear that you are feeling good. 

I want to hold onto the healing message that it will get better for everyone. 

I know this is off the subject a bit, but still thought I'd ask: Does anyone know if Benzonatate is bad for us taperers to take? A doc gave me a script for cough, and it says online that it's not habit-forming, but you never know. The name is scary enough.

Thanks!

Jeff

Great post haveagreatday!!  Mary 💜

Baby Spice found information we can all use.  Please read.  Her thread is on Withdrawal Support.

After much research found some informative answers:  https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/coronavirus.html

Telemedicine

On January 31, 2020, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services issues a public health emergency (HHS Public Health Emergency Declaration).

Question: Can telemedicine now be used under the conditions outlined in Title 21, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 802(54)(D)?

Answer: Yes

While a prescription for a controlled substance issued by means of the Internet (including telemedicine) must generally be predicated on an in-person medical evaluation (21 U.S.C. 829(e)), the Controlled Substances Act contains certain exceptions to this requirement. One such exception occurs when the Secretary of Health and Human Services has declared a public health emergency under 42 U.S.C. 247d (section 319 of the Public Health Service Act), as set forth in 21 U.S.C. 802(54)(D). Secretary Azar declared such a public health emergency with regard to COVID-19 on January 31, 2020. (https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/01/31/secretary-azar-declares-public-health-emergency-us-2019-novel-coronavirus.html). For as long as the Secretary’s designation of a public health emergency remains in effect, DEA-registered practitioners may issue prescriptions for controlled substances to patients for whom they have not conducted an in-person medical evaluation, provided all of the following conditions are met:

The prescription is issued for a legitimate medical purpose by a practitioner acting in the usual course of his/her professional practice

The telemedicine communication is conducted using an audio-visual, real-time, two-way interactive communication system.

The practitioner is acting in accordance with applicable Federal and State law.

Provided the practitioner satisfies the above requirements, the practitioner may issue the prescription using any of the methods of prescribing currently available and in the manner set forth in the DEA regulations. Thus, the practitioner may issue a prescription either electronically (for schedules II-V) or by calling in an emergency schedule II prescription to the pharmacy, or by calling in a schedule III-V prescription to the pharmacy.

Important note: If the prescribing practitioner has previously conducted an in-person medical evaluation of the patient, the practitioner may issue a prescription for a controlled substance after having communicated with the patient via telemedicine, or any other means, regardless of whether a public health emergency has been declared by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, so long as the prescription is issued for a legitimate medical purpose and the practitioner is acting in the usual course of his/her professional practice. In addition, for the prescription to be valid, the practitioner must comply with any applicable State laws.

_*******************