The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hello, haveagreatday. Congratulations on reducing your dose to from 1.25mg to 0.125mg.  That’s a major accomplishment.

I agree with NJStrength. Clonazepam is a potent benzodiazepine and 0.125mg is considered to be a therapeutic dose for some individuals.

So, if I were in your shoes, I would go with a smaller reduction.  To determine the percentage reduction (and hence size of the reduction) I should make, I would use the hand-dandy online calculator below to calculate the percentage reductions I have been able to tolerate in the past.

For example, your last reduction was:

0.15mg to 0.125mg ... that’s a reduction of 16.67%.

If your next reduction is:

0.125mg to 0.10mg ... that would be a reduction of 20%.

A general rule of thumb is to “stop slow as you go low.”  So, you might want to consider making a smaller reduction.  For example, a dose of 0.105mg would be a 16% reduction (closer to the percentage of your last reduction).

Percentage Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Thank you. The more I think about my taper, the more I think I really messed things up at the beginning. I just started tapering without doing any research, and went from 1.25 to 0.5 and stayed there for a week. It didn't go well, not surprisingly. I was forced to go up to 1mg and stay there for a while. All of this should probably be in my signature if I can fit it in.

My conclusion is that I've been feeling better and better as I go.

I'm anxious about a few other things right now, and I'm hoping to have some strategies for that so that I can stay confident with my taper like I have been most of the way through.

Hope everyone is hanging in there.

I'm now at 0.20 k from 0.5... my  sleep is completely broken and very fragile , I also take celexa 5mg bc I was not able to sleep  in a higher dose... I worry I will lose my sleep completely when I jump some day :'(

should I reduce my celexa before ?

Thank you. The more I think about my taper, the more I think I really messed things up at the beginning. I just started tapering without doing any research, and went from 1.25 to 0.5 and stayed there for a week. It didn't go well, not surprisingly. I was forced to go up to 1mg and stay there for a while. All of this should probably be in my signature if I can fit it in.

I'm anxious about a few other things right now, and I'm hoping to have some strategies for that so that I can stay confident with my taper like I have been most of the way through.

Congratulations on getting down so far.  I agree with everyone who has posted that it's okay to take your time as you move lower. 

I also relate about how stong Clonzapam is and that its amazing to think that jumping from the dose you are at is too high.  I know someone who jumped from 0.0625 and it was too high.  They made it though but in hindsight they would have gone lower. 

Wishing you the best going forward. 

I'm now at 0.20 k from 0.5... my  sleep is completely broken and very fragile , I also take celexa 5mg bc I was not able to sleep  in a higher dose... I worry I will lose my sleep completely when I jump some day :'(

I'm not sure what to recommend because I'm unfamiliar with Celexa.  Does the Celexa help you sleep?  I'm all in favor of sleep being preserved during benzo withdrawal. 

I'm hoping others will come along with more suggestions.

I'm not sure what to recommend because I'm unfamiliar with Celexa.  Does the Celexa help you sleep?  I'm all in favor of sleep being preserved during benzo withdrawal. 

I was put on k to be able to get on celexa, so now that Im reducing the k I must be feeling the  Celexa  so my DR. wants to put me on Elavil  15mg more drugs...

I was put on k to be able to get on celexa, so now that Im reducing the k I must be feeling the  Celexa  so my DR. wants to put me on Elavil  15mg more drugs...

Unfortunately doctors always want to add more drugs as a solution.  I was put on K after a very bad end to my Lamcital withdrawal.  It was a bad recommendation and I feel that more meds do not help in getting off of other meds. 

Hey! I'm new here and I'm really looking up to do a CT of Klonopin (believe me, it's the only way I can go), I never had seizures problems but I'm very scared of getting one since Klonopin are anti-seizures medications, what are the risks?

Thanks.

Unfortunately doctors always want to add more drugs as a solution.  I was put on K after a very bad end to my Lamcital withdrawal.  It was a bad recommendation and I feel that more meds do not help in getting off of other meds.

Thank you FH! I agree my cns is  fragile  and there is no one to talk too...I hear homeopathic remedies can be useful  what do you do to sleep better

You can never go too slow, but you can definitely go too fast. Sounds to me like you've figured it out. Keep up the awesome work!

Jeff

I'd say "run from that doctor", but you know yourself better than anyone else. Doctors tend to complicate things, and they often complicate things further by adding in more meds. It's one reason why this country is such a mess. From all my years of crazy experience with all of this I would say to find a Celexa dose that feels the most "stable", then taper slowly and carefully off the k while keeping everything else consistent in your life (nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, etc...not adding more supplements or drugs into the picture). Follow your gut feeling and listen to yourself. You're in control :)

Take care!

Jeff

Thank you FH! I agree my cns is  fragile  and there is no one to talk too...I hear homeopathic remedies can be useful  what do you do to sleep better

I have used a small amount of liquid melatonin, between .025-0.50mgs.  I would take it about 1/2 after my medication. It wouldn't knock me out, just make me sleepy.  I havent used it in about a month and would also take breaks from it periodically.  If I run into sleep problems as I get lower, I will use it again. I found less is more with melatonin.

I also use magnesium gylcinate (Doctors Best Brand) to help with sleep. I take 1/2, 1 or 1 1/2 depending on if I need it.  I have never had any issues with magnesium and was taking it off and on before benzos.  Again, it doesn't knock me out, just relaxes me. I also don't try to force a bedtime.  I go to bed at 10pm but woll watch lighthearted videos on YouTube till I'm tired. 

When I was struggling a lot with insomia, I used to throw so many supplement into my body at night to help with sleep but I found they worked against me. I then read somewhere that the body will fight being over sedated.  So I cut back.  I used to sleep every other night but now I sleep nightly.  I do take a bigger dose of K at night but for some reason as I cut that dose, I sleep better.  K never helped with sleep and that's what it was prescribed for originally.

I have tried homeopathy as well but it did not help and I really like homeopathy.

I'd say "run from that doctor", but you know yourself better than anyone else. Doctors tend to complicate things, and they often complicate things further by adding in more meds. It's one reason why this country is such a mess. From all my years of crazy experience with all of this I would say to find a Celexa dose that feels the most "stable", then taper slowly and carefully off the k while keeping everything else consistent in your life (nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, etc...not adding more supplements or drugs into the picture). Follow your gut feeling and listen to yourself. You're in control :)

Take care!

Jeff

Thxs Jeff, I'm so tried,I take celexa 5mg  my sleep is so fragile... I think taking another thing will kill me . today was walking like a zombie, hardly sleeped I don,t even  know how much... I think going to the dr. this time didn't help... it stressed me

Hey! I'm new here and I'm really looking up to do a CT of Klonopin (believe me, it's the only way I can go), I never had seizures problems but I'm very scared of getting one since Klonopin are anti-seizures medications, what are the risks?

Thanks.

Hi, I don't have any advice on CT but wanted to say welcome! CT is not usually recommended. Why do you think you want to do this, and what dose are you on?

bonty, I have had those nights/days. Worrying about sleep is the one thing that I know doesn't help me. Melatonin doesn't help me either, I suspect, even though I keep trying it because I bought some.

Even when I only get a few hours, I'm able to dream now, which I wasn't when I was on higher doses. Hang in there, it's very tough, I know that!

Hi klonopin peeps. I'm really needing input on possible ways I can stabilize out of DR & visual distortions. Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read. I'm at a point of desperation. I'll copy paste from another post what's going on it should contain all info that could help.

I've made several posts about my Derealization & visual distortions 24 /7 for months.

I know we aren't doctors, but I'm just needing someone that must have ideas to help me, please. More ideas than I have. I Havnt gotten much feedback on what to do to stabilize.

I can't judge visually, emotionally, nor cognitively what's going on. I can't drive. I'm not in severe with drawl but the DR & visual distortions started sometime soon after I switched out half my clonazapam that I'm pretty tolerant to(most of its effectiveness, anxiety, panic, 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽) plus am having bad mood swings, morning anxiety, cog fog, poor short term memory, irrational irritability, fatigue. Super depression, but have good moments & longterm TRD is my thing.

I feel like I need a plan to stabilize out of the DR visual stuff & at least & then taper. I could then take a walk. Drive, look at nature & my loved ones & self & recognize what is real.

I'm awful with scales, math etc. But think scale dry cut will be my only way. Maybe learning that could help me stabilize? Like even I should weigh my .25 Xanax taken as needed during the day?

I'm feeling like at this point maybe I should just dry eyebal cut & go faster to get out of this dysfunctional state. I have so far to go to taper properly, which I don't even know what that is anymore with these symptoms.

If anyone can help or knows someone that can please chime in.

Was thinking risky but maybe need to cross all to diazepam for taper simplicity sake & to hopefully stabilize & get off these dang things. Sorry whiny bad day.

My other threads that might have helpful info

Think my first post on recent symptoms, others have similar, but are off or much lower than me, no plan

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=240273.msg3076903#msg3076903

Early pst on this,y symptoms

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241311.msg3087097#msg3087097

Visuals from Xanax? Symptoms my experience explained

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241324.msg3087178#msg3087178

Crossing from 2-1/cross back to clonazepam?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241396.msg3087939#msg3087939

Crossing from X & K to V

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241784.msg3091768#msg3091768

Member suggest Ross to all V

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241274.msg3086931#msg3086931

Thanks

SCAREDIE

Scaredie, I read in your other post that your Klonopin crumbles in a pill cutter. What kind of Klonopin pills are you using? Do you have a pill cutter with a straight razor in it?

It sounds like you want to do cut and hold? You can do that with a liquid. Is there anyone close to you that's willing to prepare a liquid for you? A family member? I know that might not be ideal, to not have control over your solution yourself, but it's just a suggestion.

Why do you say dry cutting is your only way? You can also do a combination of dry cutting and liquids.

Hang in there!

Scaredie, I read in your other post that your Klonopin crumbles in a pill cutter. What kind of Klonopin pills are you using? Do you have a pill cutter with a straight razor in it?

It sounds like you want to do cut and hold? You can do that with a liquid. Is there anyone close to you that's willing to prepare a liquid for you? A family member? I know that might not be ideal, to not have control over your solution yourself, but it's just a suggestion.

Why do you say dry cutting is your only way? You can also do a combination of dry cutting and liquids.

Hang in there!

Hi, haveagreatday,

I'm using solco klonopin pills. That's what I ended up on when teva was discontinued. Heard tevas back now, but my CNS is too messed up, I think to risk crossing, if I could find it in my area. Yes, I have all kinds of pill cutters & individual straight razors. This crumbling solco has been part of my problem, I suppose. I can get a cleaner pretty good half with fingernails than a pill cutter, due to its soft consistency. Trying to quarter is very inexact as there's no line for gaging & it crumbles much more than the half.

I'm not sure if I want to do a cut & hold per se, just want to do something that's doable. I really don't think there's anyone to help me with liquid. If I did liquid it would have to be milk or that other stuff pg? Not liquor. And although it was short lived, last time I tried liquid that was compounded at pharm using my generic, it felt like taking nothing. My SO said would try to help me with scale, though. But, I don't think we'd know all the benzo ins & outs of weight to mg & how to reduce, cut?, crush? Store? Etc I'd have to get some idea help on bb with my benzo brain & try & share with SO.

I guess since I may be able to get scale help at home, but not liquid & Leary of liquid, that's why I said dry cutting.

Thanks

SC

Ok, I know there are a lot of people who used scales, so you should be able to get some help with that.

I spent a lot of time worrying about accuracy with cuts. Considering that Klonopin has a longer half-life, maybe that isn't a good use of our time. Can you just eat the crumbs and not worry that they're not a perfect shape?

Before I had the pillcutter I use now, I used a knife. This includes during my years of daily 0.75mg consumption (one and one-half pill). I made some really shoddy halves, and I never felt anything then. Just a thought. Good luck!

Ok, I know there are a lot of people who used scales, so you should be able to get some help with that.

I spent a lot of time worrying about accuracy with cuts. Considering that Klonopin has a longer half-life, maybe that isn't a good use of our time. Can you just eat the crumbs and not worry that they're not a perfect shape?

Before I had the pillcutter I use now, I used a knife. This includes during my years of daily 0.75mg consumption (one and one-half pill). I made some really shoddy halves, and I never felt anything then. Just a thought. Good luck!

Yes, trust me! I do not want  to have to mess with scales & I hear what you're saying, but I'm having Derealization & visual distortions & need to find a way to get more stable. I've never thought too much about inaccurate pill splitting until this group. I do seem to be quite sensitive & with my DR & visual distortions on top of these crumbly pills, I loose a lot of powder crumbs when trying to quarter these suckers. Gosh, wish I could explain these pills. I put them in pill box's with other supplements & xanax 2 weeks out, so if there's crumbs, they go in the trash & it is what it is-theyre pretty bad. With Teva, I think I was able to get 1/2S of quarters, but those were quite rough, but still pretty doable.

But then what about when I get to .5?

I really appreciate your thoughts

Thanks I'm gonna need it!

Best to you

Yes, trust me! I do not want  to have to mess with scales & I hear what you're saying, but I'm having Derealization & visual distortions & need to find a way to get more stable. I've never thought too much about inaccurate pill splitting until this group. I do seem to be quite sensitive & with my DR & visual distortions on top of these crumbly pills, I loose a lot of powder crumbs when trying to quarter these suckers. Gosh, wish I could explain these pills. I put them in pill box's with other supplements & xanax 2 weeks out, so if there's crumbs, they go in the trash & it is what it is-theyre pretty bad. With Teva, I think I was able to get 1/2S of quarters, but those were quite rough, but still pretty doable.

Best to you

Maybe it would be best to get stable now first, and then think about moving forward with a taper. Something to think about...dry cutting gets really difficult at the low k doses. K is so concentrated and makes things tough enough as it is. But, if dry cutting ends up being the way you want to go, then connect with Bob7 here in BB's. He does a fantastic job in helping with taper schedules, etc. The best of luck to you!

Jeff

I tried last night when it happened again more intense ... someone sent me a video i was so nauseous I stopped the exercise, do you do them before bed or when its happening, also losing my appetite bc Im nauseous  :-\ I have other videos  I will try but apparently you get nauseous doing them,  this is such a nightmare  ... I hate that feeling like throwing up its debilitating....  sorry I feel so bad, every  2 weeks  or month a new nightmare appears...

I never got nauseous, but you may just be having more symptoms.  I'm sorry.  When it starts, as you lay your head back, do your eye lids flutter?

I ended up going to the Dr. he did the manuvour  and it helped! , still have lingering dizzy, vertigo but not  the spinning

That's great, did he give you the instructions so you can do it yourself if you need too?  ;)

Hang in there!

Hi, haveagreatday,

I'm using solco klonopin pills. That's what I ended up on when teva was discontinued. Heard tevas back now, but my CNS is too messed up, I think to risk crossing, if I could find it in my area. Yes, I have all kinds of pill cutters & individual straight razors. This crumbling solco has been part of my problem, I suppose. I can get a cleaner pretty good half with fingernails than a pill cutter, due to its soft consistency. Trying to quarter is very inexact as there's no line for gaging & it crumbles much more than the half.

I'm not sure if I want to do a cut & hold per se, just want to do something that's doable. I really don't think there's anyone to help me with liquid. If I did liquid it would have to be milk or that other stuff pg? Not liquor. And although it was short lived, last time I tried liquid that was compounded at pharm using my generic, it felt like taking nothing. My SO said would try to help me with scale, though. But, I don't think we'd know all the benzo ins & outs of weight to mg & how to reduce, cut?, crush? Store? Etc I'd have to get some idea help on bb with my benzo brain & try & share with SO.

I guess since I may be able to get scale help at home, but not liquid & Leary of liquid, that's why I said dry cutting.

Thanks

SC

Hi SC,

I am tapering the Solco brand and I am dry cutting using a scale. I shave my pills down using a metal nail file because yes, the pills can get crumbly. 

When I get to the low, low doses, I plan to use the weight that comes with the scales, and put both the weight and the tiny pill pieces together on the scale. 

Here's how I started down, from advice I got on another site. 

I weighed my  .5mg Clonazapam pill on the scale. 

The pill weighed 203 grams on the scale. 

I then divided .5mg by 203gms, which came out to 0.002463

I rounded that up to 0.0025

Then, after some mistakes, I got into the rythm of shaving. 001 off the pill weight every time I made a cut. 

0.001grams equals 0.0025.

I've been shaving my way down ever since. 

I hope that makes sense.  I couldn't do liquid because my body didn't metabolize it well. That's why I have stuck with pills.

But I know people have a lot of success with liquid.

Hang in there!

Hi, haveagreatday,

Thanks

SC

Hi SC,

I am tapering the Solco brand and I am dry cutting using a scale. I shave my pills down using a metal nail file because yes, the pills can get crumbly. 

When I get to the low, low doses, I plan to use the weight that comes with the scales, and put both the weight and the tiny pill pieces together on the scale. 

Here's how I started down, from advice I got on another site. 

I weighed my  .5mg Clonazapam pill on the scale. 

The pill weighed 203 grams on the scale. 

I then divided .5mg by 203gms, which came out to 0.002463

I rounded that up to 0.0025

Then, after some mistakes, I got into the rythm of shaving. 001 off the pill weight every time I made a cut. 

0.001grams equals 0.0025.

I've been shaving my way down ever since. 

I hope that makes sense.  I couldn't do liquid because my body didn't metabolize it well. That's why I have stuck with pills.

But I know people have a lot of success with liquid.

Hi final healing,

Thanks so much!

This sounds really awesome. Sorry my brain can't take it in right now...having a hard time today. I'll try & notate it somewhere & come back to it when I can. So helpful, kind.

I'll have questions when I'm feeling better, if that's ok?

PSI remember trying The file one time-no scale, & think I remember little metal pieces from the file dislodging & sticking to the pill. You ever have this issue?

Take care,

SC

Best to you

Maybe it would be best to get stable now first, and then think about moving forward with a taper. Something to think about...dry cutting gets really difficult at the low k doses. K is so concentrated and makes things tough enough as it is. But, if dry cutting ends up being the way you want to go, then connect with Bob7 here in BB's. He does a fantastic job in helping with taper schedules, etc. The best of luck to you!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

SC