The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I know we are all different, but how long until you all feel a dry cut & hold, cut?

How long to you feel more stable again?

Thanks

SC

Hey scaredie it's ben 3 weeks since I made a dry cut from .25 to .125. (which is also too big a cut) the physical symptoms are alittle better but the anxiety is still pretty bad so I'll wait a couple of weeks. As for when the symptoms start I'd say it ranges from 2 to 5 days on clonazepam but different for everyone .

Take care

I tried last night when it happened again more intense ... someone sent me a video i was so nauseous I stopped the exercise, do you do them before bed or when its happening, also losing my appetite bc Im nauseous  :-\ I have other videos  I will try but apparently you get nauseous doing them,  this is such a nightmare  ... I hate that feeling like throwing up its debilitating....  sorry I feel so bad, every  2 weeks  or month a new nightmare appears...

late reply...  yes he mentioned some videos... thxs for getting back  :smitten:

I never got nauseous, but you may just be having more symptoms.  I'm sorry.  When it starts, as you lay your head back, do your eye lids flutter?

I ended up going to the Dr. he did the manuvour  and it helped! , still have lingering dizzy, vertigo but not  the spinning

That's great, did he give you the instructions so you can do it yourself if you need too?  ;)

bonty, I have had those nights/days. Worrying about sleep is the one thing that I know doesn't help me. Melatonin doesn't help me either, I suspect, even though I keep trying it because I bought some.

Even when I only get a few hours, I'm able to dream now, which I wasn't when I was on higher doses. Hang in there, it's very tough, I know that!

thank you, do you also take a ssri?

Hi final healing,

Thanks so much!

This sounds really awesome. Sorry my brain can't take it in right now...having a hard time today. I'll try & notate it somewhere & come back to it when I can. So helpful, kind.

I'll have questions when I'm feeling better, if that's ok?

PSI remember trying The file one time-no scale, & think I remember little metal pieces from the file dislodging & sticking to the pill. You ever have this issue?

Take care,

SC

You can ask me any questions you want when you are ready. 

I do not have any issue with the nail file dislodging and sticking in the pills.  The file is solid metal so it does not get affected at all and I shave pretty firmly.  I have used a large pink non metal file at times, but I would not use an emery board.  That's the kind of wooden nail file that is rough on side and smooth on the other.  I don't think that would work.

Scaredie, I read in your other post that your Klonopin crumbles in a pill cutter. What kind of Klonopin pills are you using? Do you have a pill cutter with a straight razor in it?

It sounds like you want to do cut and hold? You can do that with a liquid. Is there anyone close to you that's willing to prepare a liquid for you? A family member? I know that might not be ideal, to not have control over your solution yourself, but it's just a suggestion.

Why do you say dry cutting is your only way? You can also do a combination of dry cutting and liquids.

Hang in there!

Hi, haveagreatday,

I'm using solco klonopin pills. That's what I ended up on when teva was discontinued. Heard tevas back now, but my CNS is too messed up, I think to risk crossing, if I could find it in my area. Yes, I have all kinds of pill cutters & individual straight razors. This crumbling solco has been part of my problem, I suppose. I can get a cleaner pretty good half with fingernails than a pill cutter, due to its soft consistency. Trying to quarter is very inexact as there's no line for gaging & it crumbles much more than the half.

I'm not sure if I want to do a cut & hold per se, just want to do something that's doable. I really don't think there's anyone to help me with liquid. If I did liquid it would have to be milk or that other stuff pg? Not liquor. And although it was short lived, last time I tried liquid that was compounded at pharm using my generic, it felt like taking nothing. My SO said would try to help me with scale, though. But, I don't think we'd know all the benzo ins & outs of weight to mg & how to reduce, cut?, crush? Store? Etc I'd have to get some idea help on bb with my benzo brain & try & share with SO.

I guess since I may be able to get scale help at home, but not liquid & Leary of liquid, that's why I said dry cutting.

Thanks

SC

Hi SC,

I am tapering the Solco brand and I am dry cutting using a scale. I shave my pills down using a metal nail file because yes, the pills can get crumbly. 

When I get to the low, low doses, I plan to use the weight that comes with the scales, and put both the weight and the tiny pill pieces together on the scale. 

Here's how I started down, from advice I got on another site. 

I weighed my  .5mg Clonazapam pill on the scale. 

The pill weighed 203 grams on the scale. 

I then divided .5mg by 203gms, which came out to 0.002463

I rounded that up to 0.0025

Then, after some mistakes, I got into the rythm of shaving. 001 off the pill weight every time I made a cut. 

0.001grams equals 0.0025.

I've been shaving my way down ever since. 

I hope that makes sense.  I couldn't do liquid because my body didn't metabolize it well. That's why I have stuck with pills.

But I know people have a lot of success with liquid.

Howdy Final!!! I hope you're rockin' along pretty well these days. I'm thinking about ya :)

Jeff

I'm doing okay Jeff.  The taper is going all right.  Unfortunately, I am dealing with a frozen shoulder or shoulder injury.  Going to PT am hoping it heals soon. 

How are you doing Jeff?

I'm doing okay Jeff.  The taper is going all right.  Unfortunately, I am dealing with a frozen shoulder or shoulder injury.  Going to PT am hoping it heals soon. 

How are you doing Jeff?

I'm doing pretty well. Five years to this point has been a long road, but at least I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel instead of more darkness. Things looking up! We finally moved to a new location/house and got away from all of the miserable military jet noise in the crazy town we used to live in. That was a PTSD-type of thing to have to deal with during this taper, but so many other people there are sick of the noise, disruption, and rudeness of the jets too. We made a major decision and moved to a peaceful and clean place, and it's so awesome. It was really costly, but faith in the journey got us through. Life goes on!! Sometimes you just can't put a price on sanity, right? And, get that shoulder of yours healed!! I sincerely hope you get miracle relief. I guess everything worthwhile is uphill. You'll get there :)

Take care!

Jeff

Hey scaredie it's ben 3 weeks since I made a dry cut from .25 to .125. (which is also too big a cut) the physical symptoms are alittle better but the anxiety is still pretty bad so I'll wait a couple of weeks. As for when the symptoms start I'd say it ranges from 2 to 5 days on clonazepam but different for everyone .

Take care

Much thanks!

Good luck to uou

Hi final healing,

Thanks so much!

This sounds really awesome. Sorry my brain can't take it in right now...having a hard time today. I'll try & notate it somewhere & come back to it when I can. So helpful, kind.

PSI remember trying The file one time-no scale, & think I remember little metal pieces from the file dislodging & sticking to the pill. You ever have this issue?

Take care,

SC

I do not have any issue with the nail file dislodging and sticking in the pills.  The file is solid metal so it does not get affected at all and I shave pretty firmly.  I have used a large pink non metal file at times, but I would not use an emery board.  That's the kind of wooden nail file that is rough on side and smooth on the other.  I don't think that would work.

Much thanks.

Am unclear, how many years have you been on clonazepam?

Do you have depression as part of your mental health issues?

You've microtapered all the way down?

Sorry if in sig. struggling

X SC

I should join this group. My worst symptom has been depression. Never knew about depression till now that I'm off Clonazepam.....

How are you doing Jeff?

I'm doing pretty well. Five years to this point has been a long road, but at least I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel instead of more darkness. Things looking up! We finally moved to a new location/house and got away from all of the miserable military jet noise in the crazy town we used to live in. That was a PTSD-type of thing to have to deal with during this taper, but so many other people there are sick of the noise, disruption, and rudeness of the jets too. We made a major decision and moved to a peaceful and clean place, and it's so awesome. It was really costly, but faith in the journey got us through. Life goes on!! Sometimes you just can't put a price on sanity, right? And, get that shoulder of yours healed!! I sincerely hope you get miracle relief. I guess everything worthwhile is uphill. You'll get there :)

Take care!

Jeff

Great to hear you have some peace and harmony where you live now.  And yes, sometimes we have to invest more money in order to get there but it's worth it. 

It's been a 5 year journey for me too and this is my last med.  The good news is I feel better and better as I lower the dose.  I'm working hard on healing my shoulder and have to faith it will get better.

Home stretch.

Hey! I'm new here and I'm really looking up to do a CT of Klonopin (believe me, it's the only way I can go), I never had seizures problems but I'm very scared of getting one since Klonopin are anti-seizures medications, what are the risks?

Thanks.

Hi, I don't have any advice on CT but wanted to say welcome! CT is not usually recommended. Why do you think you want to do this, and what dose are you on?

Thanks! I'm currently on 4 to 8mg per day (It really depends) But I started to take 4mg now.

Also another question off this topic:

Did anyone developed hand tremors or general body tremor after starting taking Klonopin? I remember that 1 year after I was on it I had slight hand tremors and nowadays I can barely take a picture of something with my cellphone...

No, I didn't have any hand tremors.

The FDA (if you're in the US) has a program where anyone who's been injured by an FDA-approved drug or product can fill out a form. You can read more about it here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=183438.0

I'm not suggesting that you're injured or that you need to fill it out. Just an FYI!

Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Hi final healing,

Thanks so much!

Take care,

SC

Much thanks.

Am unclear, how many years have you been on clonazepam?

Do you have depression as part of your mental health issues?

You've microtapered all the way down?

Sorry if in sig. struggling

X SC

Hi SC,

Unfortunately, I have been on Clonzapam twice.  Once for 9 months and this time I was on it for 4 1/2 months before I started to taper.  But I have been pollydrugged and tapered off of two other meds.

Depression was one of my worst symtoms with Clonzapam.  It is a major side effect of the medication on the higher doses.  It has gotten better as my dose has gotten lower. 

I have been micro tapering all the way down. I don't cut daily, I cut every 4 days or so.

FH

I'm still at 0.10mg and my sleep has been good lately. I'm not sure when I'll make a cut, but I'm thinking possibly in 2 days.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I know 2020 is a horrible year, but for me it will be the year I get off this awful drug!

I'm still at 0.10mg and my sleep has been good lately. I'm not sure when I'll make a cut, but I'm thinking possibly in 2 days.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I know 2020 is a horrible year, but for me it will be the year I get off this awful drug!

Glad your sleep is good, that is a bonus. 

What a nice feeling you will have to be off the medication in 2020.  You will do it!

Give me some of your good sleep!! I can't even fathom that.

Next!

My sleep hasn't been completely great, but I am having REM sleep and my brain feels functional. I'll take it!

I have really had to struggle with talking myself through a bad night. This due to my Ativan use when I first was given benzos and that it was something I used as needed, including in the middle of the night. Now I just have to lie there and pray that I fall back asleep, and be ok even if I don't. All those fears of "how will I get through tomorrow without enough sleep" have to be faced head-on.

I have never been able to nap really, but I know my withdrawal symptoms are worse when I'm tired, so I know that closing my eyes for 20 minutes can help. I just have to stop overthinking and do those basic things like rest when you're tired.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Yesterday I cut to 0.075mg. I don't know what the rest of my taper looks like, but I plan to take it one step at a time. Stepwise I can choose any dose I want since I'm tolerating my homebrew liquid. I did hold for a while at 0.125 just so I could take my dose in pill form in case that helps even things out.

I haven't had daytime symptoms for a few months now. I have some difficult nights, waking up in the middle of the night, but I always manage. 99% of the time I fall back asleep. One time I didn't, and I still managed to get through the next day.

Yesterday I cut to 0.075mg. I don't know what the rest of my taper looks like, but I plan to take it one step at a time. Stepwise I can choose any dose I want since I'm tolerating my homebrew liquid. I did hold for a while at 0.125 just so I could take my dose in pill form in case that helps even things out.

I haven't had daytime symptoms for a few months now. I have some difficult nights, waking up in the middle of the night, but I always manage. 99% of the time I fall back asleep. One time I didn't, and I still managed to get through the next day.

That's awesome!!! You're apparently doing something that works for you. Enjoy your day :)

Thank you! Today is my 5th day since my last cut. I have not had any issues. I took 2 benadryl on one of the nights because I had an important thing to do the next day, and sometimes I drink a non-alcoholic beer at night, which I think helps me.

Hope everyone is hanging in there during this terrible time.

Hi,

My name is Robert and i am new here. If i say something dumb

it could be that my english is not my best one because i am dutch.

I was diagnosed couple of years agowith restless  legs after being in the hospital for a sleepdiagnose test. i make a lot of noise at night and the thought i had nose or breathing problems but none of them came out of the sleeping test. they diagnosed me with restless legs i made 45 times an hour withmy left leg mussle movement ( my knee ) so i never came in deep sleep and that should rivotril 5x0,5mg a day before i go to sleep help. And yeahit helped. BUT! I got problems with sleeping again and sometimes i was up in the middle of the night computering or makingme some food because i couldn’t sleep. ehm, then i forgot to order mymedication and was a week without rivotril and got all kinds of problems. When i started using rivotril again the problems went away. Sounds all familiar? Well i was googling the subject rivotril and reading some forums and also all symptoms which i also had. I never knew clonazepam also has effect on other muscles asmy lungs and other organs.

So i want to stop but im afraid to stop if i read all horror stories.

So HELP?

kind regard

Robert

Hi,

It sounds like you're taking 2.5mg a day: 0.5 mg five times a day, is that right? And then you stopped for a week? How long ago was that?

It's scary to think about tapering and withdrawal and I can understand that reading about the drug can make you anxious.

Me again. I cut to 0.05 last night and slept really well. Of course it's too soon to tell, and I'm willing to stay here at 0.05 as long as I need to.

I hope everyone is hanging in there and being kind to yourselves!